• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Annd Champion status get!

22k2q3P.png

Had to finally turn on the exp share for the E4 since my team was a bit under leveled but surprsingly, it wasn't too overwhelming until I got to Steven...

Now for the delta episode!

Wait, what?

ffdgh

...You're crazy lol

I'm glad I kept them unevolved or it would have likely been too easy lol. I enjoyed the challenge honestly...tho I cheesed it a bit by bring over my Buizel and Shiny Treecko from X and sending my team trough the bank to Horde train them/ use TMs. :p

Qurupeke

Finally managed to find a good Rayquaza: Jolly 31/31/31/x/15/31

Easily the best Pokemon ever. M Rayquaza looks ridiculously good.

I'm glad I kept them unevolved or it would have likely been too easy lol. I enjoyed the challenge honestly...tho I cheesed it a bit by bring over my Buizel and Shiny Treecko from X and sending my team trough the bank to Horde train them/ use TMs. :p
So how many times have you pressed b?

DaBoss

I would love getting two everstones, I don't have anything in particular to trade however. But I can EV train something for you or try picking up a good potential Shroomish if that's okay.
You don't need to do that.

If it is possible, I would like some to trade some Pokemon holding items from X to ORAS. I could give you some Destiny Knots as well as Everstones from there.
I'd rather a tricky base than one where the whole thing is walled off. Can't even go one step inside. And I've seen several of those.
Definitely, the worst I had was this one in Granite Cave. Possibly the worst SB location and she made it impossible to talk to her and get her bronze flag.

Linius

22k2q3P.png

Had to finally turn on the exp share for the E4 since my team was a bit under leveled but surprsingly, it wasn't too overwhelming until I got to Steven...

I love this team, what a spirit <#

If I had Alpha Sapphire I would do a run with only my chain fishing pokemons. But I'm poor
(because I started using my money on figures. Help me, please)

Maximo

22k2q3P.png

Well done! Kinda wish I didn't use Groudon and Latios at all it made the Elite Four and that Awesome Wally fight too easy.

Wichu

So if I see 2 Shiny Kyogre's on GTS, one wanting a Surskit and another a Groudon, that's not legit right?

How do I know it's a legit Pokemon?

Short answer: you can't.

Long answer: depends on your definition of 'legit'. Pokémon are just data, so it's possible to hack something indistinguishable from a Pokémon caught in-game.

Short answer: you can't.

Long answer: depends on your definition of 'legit'. Pokémon are just data, so it's possible to hack something indistinguishable from a Pokémon caught in-game.

Fair enough. I'm just going to never trade for a shiny, assuming nobody wants to trade those away for scraps if they're legit(and it doesn't feel good anyway if I don't catch it myself).

Is Clawitzer a bad choice for a Water Pokemon on my team?

Also, for competitive teams, legendary Pokemon are illegal, right?
Competitive-wise, it's not really top notch.

And nooot really. Depends on the format. Generally mascot legendaries are banned, though, but guys like Suicune are fine.

It depends. What are you going to follow? VGC rules? Smogon rules? Battle Maison/Resort rules? You and your friends rules? There are modes that allow for legendary Pokemon to play, but I'm not sure which ones (I'm talking about the games now, not the metagame like I was in the start of this paragraph). In maison you can play with most of the "secondary" legendaries, like Spino said (Dog trio, Djinn trio, Kanto birds trio, Lati@s, etc).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
For some stupid reason I started chain fishing for a shiny Magikarp, using a Grimer with Sticky Hold to ensure I always get bites. No idea how long the chain is now, but this is getting boring. I'd quit now and continue playing the Delta Episode, but... what if the next Magikarp was the shiny one? What if?

Competitive-wise, it's not really top notch.

And nooot really. Depends on the format. Generally mascot legendaries are banned, though, but guys like Suicune are fine.
Okay thanks. I was thinking of adding Zapdos to my team.
It depends. What are you going to follow? VGC rules? Smogon rules? Battle Maison/Resort rules? You and your friends rules? There are modes that allow for legendary Pokemon to play, but I'm not sure which ones (I'm talking about the games now, not the metagame like I was in the start of this paragraph). In maison you can play with most of the "secondary" legendaries, like Spino said (Dog trio, Djinn trio, Kanto birds trio, Lati@s, etc).

GAF rules lol, and just the games rules.
I've played once competitively on GAF with XY.

Really depends what kind of Water type you're looking for, weren't you looking for more of a tank/wall? If so Clawitzer isn't going to do it, he's more of a wall breaker(and extremely slow).

Edit: In general Zapdos is fine, I've not seen it banned in most things.

For some stupid reason I started chain fishing for a shiny Magikarp, using a Grimer with Sticky Hold to ensure I always get bites. No idea how long the chain is now, but this is getting boring. I'd quit now and continue playing the Delta Episode, but... what if the next Magikarp was the shiny one? What if?

This has been my curse since forever, nice to find fellow "what if" brothers/sisters out there.

Really depends what kind of Water type you're looking for, weren't you looking for more of a tank/wall? If so Clawitzer isn't going to do it, he's more of a wall breaker(and extremely slow).

Edit: In general Zapdos is fine, I've not seen it banned in most things.

I'm not even sure what kind of Water Pokemon I'm looking for.

So then I need a Pokemon with high Defense and HP, so like Lapras or Walrein (or even Cloyster, though it has pretty bad health)?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This has been my curse since forever, nice to find fellow "what if" brothers/sisters out there.
Oops, looks like I accidentally broke the chain. I should be sad, but it feels like a curse was lifted from my shoulders. I'll try it again another day, and I will get that shiny fish.

Oops, looks like I accidentally broke the chain. I should be sad, but it feels like a curse was lifted from my shoulders. I'll try it again another day, and I will get that shiny fish.

Sometimes I start sweating hard during a long chain, I think that happens because I don't breath until I land a chain, like a sniper before hitting a target. Sorry if this sounds silly.

And good luck, eventually you'll get yours.
Hopefully you'll not get hooked like I did after getting the first one.

GAF rules lol, and just the games rules.
I've played once competitively on GAF with XY.

Hmm, I can't actually remember what GAF normally uses. When I thought about doing the GAF Gym event it was up to the Gym Leader to choose the format. Some chose VGC, others Smogon, etc.

Crayolan

FINALLY beat Nita with my main game team. Man that feels good. Had to scarf my Mightyena so it could outspeed that goddamn Grumpig.

Now to take on E4 round 2, then bring over some EV trained mons from Y.

FINALLY beat Nita with my main game team. Man that feels good. Had to scarf my Mightyena so it could outspeed that goddamn Grumpig.

Now to take on E4 round 2, then bring over some EV trained mons from Y.

That's why I love my Scizor, he makes mincemeat of her pokemons. I used to have problems with her, especially with that friggin hypnosis, which always landed.

I'm not even sure what kind of Water Pokemon I'm looking for.

So then I need a Pokemon with high Defense and HP, so like Lapras or Walrein (or even Cloyster, though it has pretty bad health)?

Look at your team and figure out which Pokemon counter it the most(you can ask here if you don't know), then figure out what Pokemon can counter those Pokemon the best(you might need more than 1). Again, you can ask here whenever you're stuck.

Toxi

Banned

22k2q3P.png

Damn.

Steven was surprisingly difficult for my team, mostly because of his Cradily. I had no Fighting or Steel types and my highest leveled mon was 52, so I ended up cheesing it by PP stalling. Then everything else (Including Metagross) went down easy.

Look at your team and figure out which Pokemon counter it the most(you can ask here if you don't know), then figure out what Pokemon can counter those Pokemon the best(you might need more than 1). Again, you can ask here whenever you're stuck.

I honestly have no idea who to add. I feel I need a Fire, Water and Electric type the most though, could be wrong.

Skarmory
Scizor
Mammoswine

Toxi

Banned
Sharpedo is the ultimate HM slave. Surf, Dive, Rock Smash, Strength, and with the Eon Flute and Swampert using Waterfall I'm completely set.

Sharpedo is the ultimate HM slave. Surf, Dive, Rock Smash, Strength, and with the Eon Flute and Swampert using Waterfall I'm completely set.

I have Azumarill do the same for me(except Dig>Surf because I have Surf on Latios), Tropius is also a wonderful HM slave though: Cut, Strength, Rock Smash and Fly, though Fly is kinda pointless this game.

My HM slave was a female Linoone called Cherry. I did the same in X/Y and in my original Ruby/Sapphire, the Cherry line will always exist if I can get a Zigzagoon. They are like my Alfred.

Top Bottom