• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

gosox333

Just beat the E4 the second time around. First time through was infinitely harder, but that was probably cuz I hadn't used the exp share yet at that point.

I think I'm gonna mess around with contests next. I never bothered to in the originals.

Once I get all the medals I want, I can get back to trying to get a 6IV skarmory.

Then I can work on a 6IV budew with 4 egg moves after. Thats going to be a pain...but the 6IV roserade I have in mind for it is so good.

That will end when the Water-type nerf and Ice-type buff happens.

Won't happen, sadly. :/

Ice is already extremely strong offensively, I don't think it would be balanced if it got buffed defensively as well.

Water should get a nerf though, I still think it should be weak to poison, it makes sense and Poison still needs another buff.

A bulky water, a Milotic would do quite well. Or a Jellicent if you want to add some typing into the equation.
Alright thanks!

You don't know how to design a sweeper? Sweepers are just fast attackers meant to OHKO or clean up. So you want a nature that benefits either Att or SpA, or Speed. You'd also want perfect IVs; particularly in Speed and SpA or Att.

As for your team, you'd need a counter to Pokemon like Blaziken. Jellicent, as Wyndstryker suggested, is pretty good.
Nope never made a sweeper before.
Makes sense though, I might do that with Scizor.

Storm Drain can be an interesting way to scare off water type moves (negates the move completely and boosts special attack) but it can hard to capitalise on the advantage. Water Absorb and Dry Skin can do similar things (although the latter comes with an added fire weakness...).

There is also the matter of what type of games are you going to play. 6v6 single, Battle spot singles (see 6, pick 3), doubles etc...

Mamoswine is very likely to have Thick Fat which effectively removes the fire weakness though. Still the first problem I have looking at the team is what is meant special attacks...of course that is why it is an incomplete team.
I'm interested in doubles and singles.
Mammoswine will have thick fat.
Yep I need some special attackers.

You should read the "Rate my team" threads over at Smogon or Nuggetbridge. I'll get links for you and edit them in in just a sec.
Alright, Smogon is primarily devoted to singles: here's there OU RMT board
...And here is Nugget Bridge's RMT thread, which specializes in VGC doubles for official tournies.
Thanks, when I have most of this figured out I'll go there.

Macka

So...I'm an idiot. I don't have a masterball. Shiny Ho-Oh refuses to be captured. It's started struggling. I have one more chance before it dies.

MicH

So...I'm an idiot. I don't have a masterball. Shiny Ho-Oh refuses to be captured. It's started struggling. I have one more chance before it dies.
That was my worst nightmare when I encountered a shiny Latias :( (thankfully I had a Master ball). I hope you can catch it!

DaBoss

Ice is already extremely strong offensively, I don't think it would be balanced if it got buffed defensively as well.

Water should get a nerf though, I still think it should be weak to poison, it makes sense and Poison still needs another buff.
Problem is that it isn't Ice-type Pokemon that are using those strong moves lol.

Gotten all the mirage island TM's...the crescent isle...and all the unowns from the unown island. As well as gotten all the legendaries I can.

I think I'm officially done with the mirage spots.

Problem is that it isn't Ice-type Pokemon that are using those strong moves lol.

Sure, but just imagine those same Ice moves having STAB, Ice types would be everywhere if they weren't weak to everything.

It's weak to common types but it also hits a lot of crucial types for SE(dragon, flying, ground).

Maybe if it lost it's fighting weakness and it's SE vs Grass, that would be relatively balanced I think(still a big buff though).

Sure, but just imagine those same Ice moves having STAB, Ice types would be everywhere if they weren't weak to everything.

It's weak to common types but it also hits a lot of crucial types for SE(dragon, flying, ground).

Maybe if it lost it's fighting weakness and it's SE vs Grass, that would be relatively balanced I think(still a big buff though).

I think the main thing is that being Ice type is basically a negative instead of a positive unless you were basically a quick glass cannon.

You have a bunch of Ice types whose stats say they are trying to be bulky and they are just terrible at it since their typing leaves them with too many weaknesses.

Macka

That was my worst nightmare when I encountered a shiny Latias :( (thankfully I had a Master ball). I hope you can catch it!
I just charged my phone so I could record the last ball throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpkxM0MYtqM

7GZlpLP.jpg

I got so incredibly lucky. Made a stupid mistake and managed to get away with it. That was almost a nightmare.

Not sure if this is old news but I've seen mixed reports regarding Rayquaza's capture rate but in my experience I'm sure it must've been lowered because I was able to catch it reliably within 5 pokeballs every single time and most of the time only 1 or 2. Ended up settling for a 4IV with 29 attack and 21 HP. I'm not a perfectionist.

Not sure if this is old news but I've seen mixed reports regarding Rayquaza's capture rate but in my experience I'm sure it must've been lowered because I was able to catch it reliably within 5 pokeballs every single time and most of the time only 1 or 2. Ended up settling for a 4IV with 29 attack and 21 HP. I'm not a perfectionist.
Its capture rate was probably increased since it's a forced capture now and GF tends to have decently high capture rates for forced captures so that players don't get stuck because they ran out of pokeballs or shit like that.

DaBoss

Congrats, Macka.
Hi I'm Aurorus
I like to imagine Game Freak devs were trying to make the fastest dying Pokemon ever. They may as well have given it 1HP.
I think you mean it got raised. The higher the capture rate, the easier it is to catch.

Macka

Thanks guys. I still haven't absorbed it all yet. I went from being elated to terrified to depressed to overjoyed in the space of like 30 minutes.

Admittedly I'm lazy and I asked for advice on the Battle Maison and the key was sweepers such as Mega Salamence and Kanghaskan. I am terrible at this. I traded for some already raised Pokemon when I caught two lousy shinies. Annfan of GameFAQs helped me out by giving me a Protean Greninja, Blaziken properly raised, and Trevanant (sp?) but I attempted it recently only to get up to 10 battles.

I basically need something that is foolproof. Is there a way anyone has a few spares for borrowing from ORAS? I know the feeling might be "Do it yourself!" but I don't have all that much time to sit, raise, breed, and hatch with working extra holiday hours.

Thanks in advance.

20 flags away from gold. This flag grinding is so easy - especially if you're friends with someone who is doing it too. I've gotten 30 flags from Daboss three times now

Can you leave your secret base QR? I need to add people so I can get alot of flags faster.

Muku

Holy crap! Congrats on the shiny Ho-oh!!! So awesome!

I'm on day something something something for Latias. Seems my awful luck is keeping true with ORAS. One day I'll finish this game. One day...

On a side note, should I feel like a horrible person for playing this game with the sound off? First day or two I played with it on, then some point I just started muting it and playing itunes instead.

anyone interested in Adamant Weedle or Modest Treecko rejects? They're all 3 - 5 IVs, most 4 - 5.

I also have two Weedle with an IV spread of 31/31/31/X/31/31 for trade with adamant nature.

I really want to try out Mega Beedrill lol

edit: Treecko is bred with Leaf Storm and Dragonbreath

Top Bottom