• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Toxi

Banned
I didn't use Rayquaza to fight Zinia because it felt like cheesing. Good ol' Swampert took her down easy anyway despite being only level 54.

Also LOL Rayquaza took one quick ball.

Just found a glitch. For real this time, not just playing at 3 am and thinking everything was a Pokeball.

If you change the order of a Pokemon's moves while viewing their contest effects, the order will not save once you leave the status menu. I thought my game was defective or something because when I was in contests all of my moves would be in the wrong order. I just accidentally changed the order of them in the contest window while raising a Sableye and it happened again when I sent it out. Just tested it multiple times and it kept working.

Doubt it's anything dangerous, but at least now I know my save isn't corrupting.

one_kill

Just finished the E4. I bodied them, lol.
Now that I'm a Pokemon Master, it seems like everyone wants my attention and help <_<

After I destroy whoever is causing trouble, I'm going to destroy folks online!

JoeM86

Platinum ranked

B4PbnUPCAAACiLL.png

ZeroX03

Banned
Ended up walking a good 10,000 steps today so my O Powers are recovering at 4x normal speed. Giving out Prize Money and EXP powers to passerbys to farm them up quickly.

Will today be the day of Crescent Island for me...nope, two new Islands for me though, one of which is the Ditto Island and looking at how little grass there is it is probably as bad as the cave...

Where I can find the berries that will remove the EV? It still sucks that Rayquaza needed to be leading the party for Delta episode -_-
A NPC in the battle resort will give you one of the 6 each day.
The Berry Master will give you two but his selection is 7 berries; the 6 EV down ones and the cornn berry.
There are probably also trees with them on somewhere in the world.

I didn't use Rayquaza to fight Zinia because it felt like cheesing. Good ol' Swampert took her down easy anyway despite being only level 54.

Also LOL Rayquaza took one quick ball.

I fainted Rayquaza because I didn't want it to get EVs.

It's also a mandatory catch and therefore easy. Mine is in a Premier Ball.

Koren

At my 30? 40th? try, I got an

Adamant Groudon
29-31 HP
29-31 Attack (+10%)
16-17 Defense
29-31 Sp. Attack (-10%)
20-22 Sp. Defense
29-31 Speed

Is it decent enough if I want to use it for more than ingame? Or should I bear the endless cinematic a couple douzen times more?

spiritfox

Yes, female Limber Buneary in a Premier Ball. Adamant too, so I don't have to breed for natures (unless I want Jolly, which I think I do...).

Koren

Yes, female Limber Buneary in a Premier Ball.
I'm curious... I searched but found nothing.

Is the ball used to catch a pokemon important? Beside Luxury ball, I haven't heard that the ball has a effect beside catch rate (and even Luxury ball effect can be obtained through other means)

I notice some streamers only buy Lemonades and Moo Moo Milks instead of potions. I guess it saves money, but money is so easy to get in Pokemon games, especially with the Amulet coin.

I used to buy those revival herbs. Apparently Pokemon hate the taste but screw it. I'll use frustration instead of return then.

spiritfox

I'm curious... I searched but found nothing.

Is the ball used to catch a pokemon important? Beside Luxury ball, I haven't heard that the ball has a effect beside catch rate (and even Luxury ball effect can be obtained through other means)

No, it's just for show, and you can breed the balls down to their offspring if they're female this Gen.

Premier>Luxury

one_kill

At my 30? 40th? try, I got an

Adamant Groudon
29-31 HP
29-31 Attack (+10%)
16-17 Defense
29-31 Sp. Attack (-10%)
20-22 Sp. Defense
29-31 Speed

Is it decent enough if I want to use it for more than ingame? Or should I bear the endless cinematic a couple douzen times more?
It's ok; just a shame that its defences aren't high. Whenever I SR, I always try to get close-to-perfect IVs in HP, Def, and SpD.

So what Pokemon are good for Battle Maison? I'm definitely getting a Kangaskhan, but just curious.

I never bothered with it in XY, but I'll go at it this time.

Koren

It's ok; just a shame that its defences aren't high. Whenever I SR, I always try to get close-to-perfect IVs in HP, Def, and SpD.
I know... I would gladly have switch SpA for any of the defense stats.

I've seen so many awful IV distributions, though, that I'm reluctant to reset this one. Thanks for your opinion.

No, it's just for show
I see... There's so many people asking for pokemons in a given ball that I was starting to wondering the reason.

Panzon

God damned soar losers! Im currently 13-21 in ratings battles but I should have an extra five wins...

Freaking kids disconnecting when you're laying the hammer on them is bullshit. My racord aint good or anything but i'm still getting robbed of a few wins

My boy Cofagrigus doesnt fit on my team and it makes me sad as hell since he's one of my favs. Think I'm gonna have to switch him with Sylveon. Also gonna try to create a Trick Room team and see how it goes

Apparently PokéAmie affection can be increased via winning contests too. Could be something to watch out for...

So what Pokemon are good for Battle Maison? I'm definitely getting a Kangaskhan, but just curious.

I never bothered with it in XY, but I'll go at it this time.
Depends on format but much like the metagame in general Garchomp works great. Talonflame can be good to pass tailwind onto your team but a suicide lead sometimes isn't the best move (as you're going 3:2 just for double speed for a few turns) but Talonflame with life orb tends to be nearly dead after knocking something out.

I got just past 50 in super singles with Talonflame, Garchomp and Kangaskarn. How did I lose? I forgot I had sucker Punch and a Latios got off Draco Meteor to end it all for me (it had already finished Garchomp like that). Of course I forgot I had sucker punch after I nearly lost by giving a Cobalion +2 attack (justified boosts attack when hit by dark move).

spiritfox

Somehow I'm disappointed that Dragon Ascent's animation doesn't last over a minute, and end up destroying several planets on the way to the enemy.

edit: That conversation with Maxie at the Battle Resort is so meta.

My god, Delta Episode is so JRPG.

New Sky Pillar looks amazing though. Don't miss the cracked floors.

This is a good way to put it. All the metaphysical bullshit is unneeded, but it was good for a pokemon narrative, I guess.
The one thing that made the Delta Episode worth it was the fan-fucking-tastic introduction for
Deoxys.
I knew about it beforehand and I still got chills
when the intro to his theme started and the tentacles wound into double helices.
this is the highlight, for sure.

Toxi

Banned
The one thing that made the Delta Episode worth it was the fan-fucking-tastic introduction for
Deoxys.
when the intro to his theme started and the tentacles wound into double helices.

ffdgh

Deoxys.

The pre battle intro being it's puzzle from the original game was what did it for me.
Such a great throwback.

I notice some streamers only buy Lemonades and Moo Moo Milks instead of potions. I guess it saves money, but money is so easy to get in Pokemon games, especially with the Amulet coin.

I guess, but buying Moomoo Milk by the dozen in Lavaridge Town doesn't take that much time. And a dozen or two will last you for a good amount of time anyway.

Now if only you could buy Lava Cookies more than one at a time...

DaBoss

So does anyone know of the Gym Leader "events" in the game? This stuff happens after you beat Episode Delta I think. I'll put them in spoilers. I won't say what exactly happens.

1. Flannery can be found in Scorched Slab.
2. Roxanne can be found talking to the Fossil Maniac near Fallarbor town.
3. Tate & Liza can be found in the Lilycove Department Store on the 4th floor.
4. Winona can be found at the right side at the top-floor of Mauville City.
5. Wattson can be found standing next to the miniature tower.

The remaining 3 are Brawly who you can see visiting the contest green room at one point, Norman who does various things like giving you stuff, and Wallace who plays a role in Episode Delta and the main story. I'm guessing that's it.

So does anyone know of the Gym Leader "events" in the game? This stuff happens after you beat Episode Delta I think. I'll put them in spoilers. I won't say what exactly happens.

1. Flannery can be found in Scorched Slab.
2. Roxanne can be found talking to the Fossil Maniac near Fallarbor town.
3. Tate & Liza can be found in the Lilycove Department Store on the 4th floor.
4. Winona can be found at the right side at the top-floor of Mauville City.
5. Wattson can be found standing next to the miniature tower.

The remaining 3 are Brawly who you can see visiting the contest green room at one point, Norman who does various things like giving you stuff, and Wallace who plays a role in Episode Delta and the main story. I'm guessing that's it.

Wow, I'm missing a crapload of stuff to do. The only one that I did so far is the
Wattson
one.

Azuran

Banned
Finally beat Tate and Liza. All right!

lol, I got this game on release date and I haven't finished yet. And it's not like I haven't played for hours every week. #WorldSlowestPlayer

SeZMehK

Finally beat Tate and Liza. All right!

lol, I got this game on release date and I haven't finished yet. And it's not like I haven't played for hours every week. #WorldSlowestPlayer
I still haven't finished the story. Currently trying to catch legendaries in luxury balls.
Luxury>premium

ffdgh

I'm starting to see the joys of maintaining a base team. Hour long o-powers is very convient but it's a shame egg hatching max is convient left out. >_>

Top Bottom