• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Strong Pokémon, weak Pokémon. That is just the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers try to win with their favourites.

That's what I do and I win most of my battles :) Come up with unique strategies and you'll screw over many people because they only plan for the standards. I've screwed over many with my strategies, and the current one I'm planning is brutal in theory.

Just be imaginative with the ones you like and you can win :)

Fair enough. To be perfectly honest, I was planning on doing that to a certain extent from the start. I.e., read up on strategies and then pick something based on what lets me use as many of my favorite as possible. Any strategy that doesn't let me use Houndoom is a strategy I want no part of.

one_kill

It's one thing to enjoy leisurely battles, but real battles can be a severe trial. Truly strong trainers sometimes must be prepared to choose Pokémon that can win rather than their favorite Pókemon.

:D
This is true

That's why I use uber-ranked Pokemon

JoeM86

It's one thing to enjoy leisurely battles, but real battles can be a severe trial. Truly strong trainers sometimes must be prepared to choose Pokémon that can win rather than their favorite Pókemon.

:D

And I have taken down many trainers like that :p

As I said, strategies that deviate from the standard will screw up so many competitive players. Hell, that's what Sejun did with his Pachirisu.

This is true

That's why I use uber-ranked Pokemon

And I have taken down many trainers like that :p

As I said, strategies that deviate from the standard will screw up so many competitive players. Hell, that's what Sejun did with his Pachirisu.

I'm kidding guys, I just quoted the senior gentleman from the Battle Resort, that's why I put the :D in the end. If I were serious I wouldn't have put that there.

TAFK

So I haven't plated a Pokemon game seriously since R/S/E back on the GBA. I had D/P/Pt but didn't really get into it, never got around to finishing it. With the new remakes and seeing my roommate play X/Y I really want to get back into Pokemon and play the games I missed out on. What order would you guys say I should find these and play them?

• D/P/Pt
  • B/W
  • B2/W2
  • HG/SS
  • X/Y
  • ORAS

So I haven't plated a Pokemon game seriously since R/S/E back on the GBA. I had D/P/Pt but didn't really get into it, never got around to finishing it. With the new remakes and seeing my roommate play X/Y I really want to get back into Pokemon and play the games I missed out on. What order would you guys say I should find these and play them?

There are people here who will give better and more structured advices, mine is: play Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

I know, but people do believe that :p

Yeah, I do know a few myself.

JoeM86

• D/P/Pt
  • B/W
  • B2/W2
  • HG/SS
  • X/Y
  • ORAS

Should probably play them in release order

DPt (Just play Platinum)
HGSS
BW
B2W2
XY
ORAS

mandiller

• D/P/Pt
  • B/W
  • B2/W2
  • HG/SS
  • X/Y
  • ORAS

You're going to get burnt out on Pokemon if you play all those in a limited amount of time (ie, more than one or two a year). I recommend playing B/W and then X/Y to get caught up on all the new stuff in Pokemon games that you've missed out on.

one_kill

I wouldn't recommend playing all the games you missed out on. You'll burn out quickly.

I recommend XY since it's good for beginners and those who haven't played Pokemon in a while.

Pierate

Caught Rayquaza last night, Jolly 31/31/31/29/25/26-27. Would have loved 31 in speed aswell, but considering the luck I was having with synchronize I'm happy anyway.

Also caught Mewtwo in Y and transferred it over, it's Timid with 28-29/31/31/31/18/28, a bit low sp def but that's fine with me.

Pretty happy with the legendaries I've caught so far :)

What is going on in ORAS battle spot:
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/
Notice how number 1 and 2 are both emonga.

In other words the same person probably bought both games (the profiles go to an OR linked one and an AS linked one)...I get visions of a chess player playing 3 matches at once here...
He did the higher-ranking cart first.

Seems to me like a very good player that got bored so he went for both #1 and #2 because he could.

A word of warning regarding Rotom-W. Hydro Pump is dangerous in the Maison. It will miss on you when you need it to hit and could easily end a streak.

I think Rotom-W or -H work well depending on what your team needs (-H is going to be more of a pivot, overheating when you need fire then volt switching out of there, overheat also has accuracy issues though).
I'm definitely using Mega Kangaskhan and also probably gonna use Garchomp if I can find a Gabite in Friend Safari.

I'm pretty much only familiar with Smogon rules, so I'm gonna stick with singles. I'm thinking of TrickScarf Rotom-H at the moment. Is that a good set in the Maison? Or would it be better to go for a Bulky Rotom-W set?

EDIT: Then again Bulky Rotom-W deals with fighting types better and I don't really have an answer to those.

JoeM86

Is this a widely known thing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMChmgF0G-Q

"After you beat all the Master Rank Contests and defeat Lisia in a Contest, your Pokémon will sparkle like a Shiny Pokémon in battle!"

Yep yep :) You don't need Lisia though

conteststar.jpg

MicH

Speaking of ribbons, what's the point of those expensive ribbons you can buy in Mauville? Do they do anything?

Oh I like this Deoxys I got here:
Deoxys - #386 (Naive)
HP: 21
Att: 31
Def: 12
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

I wonder if I should keep trying though since I am using a master ball on it.

That's a real damn shame. What has me worried is that DLC might be a thing that they do to get the Battle Frontier, which will be a disappointment. It still won't make up for the lack of cell phone for me, of course.

Nah, it won't happen. Search for "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" on this thread, you'll find a post linking to an interview that said BF is basically not coming.

Sorry to keep bugging everyone, is there any place to buy evolutionary stones?
Where can I find a Thunder Stone, Water Stone and Dusk Stone?

I hope you like balls.

Just kidding, let me find PreyingShark's post and I'll edit this one.

EDIT: Done -

Alright, useful Trainer Rematches time! These do not apply until you beat up Steven BTW.

Money:
Route 121: Gentleman Walter (10K)
Meteor Falls (Back Room): Old Couple John & Jay (9,280)
Route 104: Rich Boy Winston, Lady Cindy (5.6-ishK each)

Stones: (All have a 5% chance)
Water Stone: Route 106, Fisherman Elliot
Dawn Stone: Sea Mauville (Room 1), Scall & Ion
Moon Stone: Jagged Pass, Expert Shelby
Fire Stone: Route 114, Kindler Bernie
Sun Stone: Route 115, Expert Timothy
Leaf Stone: Route 118, Aroma Lady Rose
Thunder Stone: Route 118, Guitarist Dalton
Dusk Stone: Mt. Pyre(1F), Hex Maniac Valerie
Shiny Stone: Mt. Pyre(2F), Fairy Tale Girl Momo

Pokemon Raising:
PP Up (10%): Route 108, Ace Trainer Neville; Route 109, Ace Trainer Portia; Route 111 (North), Ace Trainer Brooke; Route 111 (North), Ace Trainer Wilton
PP Max (5%): Meteor Falls (Back Room), Old Couple John & Jay; Victory Road (B1F), Ace Duo Jude and Rory; Route 119, Brains & Brawn Jael & Kael
Ability Capsule (1%): Battle Resort, Wally

You can either SR for these or beat people up over and over. If you were wondering how to get those stones without Super Training, there you go. Have fun...

Top Bottom