• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Koren

Fucking Groudon has Rest. Fuck. Off. Gamefreak.
I share your wrath... I SR the in-game battle, so I've seen probably 50 times the "ending", and that was less painful than seeing Groudon using Rest four times in a row in some battle... (and of course, since false swipe is quite underpowered, you make a critical with another attack and faint it)

So how many times can you retry Groudon?
There's a limit? I thought that you could make him respawn as much as you want (but SR is easier, no?)

Is there any kind of podcast I could listen to where they focus on competitive Pokemon battling? I have a lot of time to burn at work and I think it would be the best time to learn all of that kind of stuff.

Grexeno

Doesn't do Battle Frontier because it's too hard.

Makes Scanner and Plates invisible items in places where you can't use the Dowsing Machine.

GAMEFREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKK

Toxi

Banned
Doesn't do Battle Frontier because it's too hard.

Makes Scanner and Plates invisible items in places where you can't use the Dowsing Machine.

GAMEFREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKK
The scanner annoyed the shit out of me. There was no indication that it was a hidden item, and so I kept assuming I had to trigger some sort of event to unlock more of the basement.

L.O.R.D

Not for remakes they didn't.

Will we get more Gen VI games? Count on it. Will they be sequels to remakes? Not a chance.

how many people excepted the Black 2 and white 2 ? none
it was a surprise for all , we all expected a 3DS game or a Pokemon Grey
pokemongrey.jpg
so really , anything is possible for Pokemon

JoeM86

how many people excepted the Black 2 and white 2 ? none
it was a surprise for all , we all expected a 3DS game or a Pokemon Grey

so really , anything is possible for Pokemon

There's a difference. I would be very surprised if they did a sequel to the remake.

JoeM86

I just want to get the next game and move on to Gen VII.
I hope no one kills me for this

I'm personally a little burned out on ORAS (for obvious reasons), will jump back in for competitive stuff at the end of this month, but I'm mostly looking forward to Detective Pikachu and possibly Pokkén this coming year :)

I for one welcome our Sinnoh region remakes.

Snow snow everywhere! And Cynthia ripping people to shreds by somehow making a Mega Garchomp good

Make it so she can mega evolve Garchomp without a mega stone.

Or make a new Garchompite that gives it the effect of Assault Vest as well, lol

Or turns out there's another new Mega Garchomp form! Adds another 100 BST to Mega Garchomp.

So I'll try a simpler request than trying to trade for already raised Pokemon for the Battle Maison. I am in the Jersey Shore area and am trying to get an Eon Ticket. How would I go about doing this? Where is an easy place I can get this from?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just be like the water, let the resets flow through you. Eventually it will happen.
I've been listening to Foo Fighters' latest album 4 times in a row now, all while resetting the 3DS again and again. Need to find another CD to play, just so I can avoid associating that album with "mind-numbingly SRing for a shiny in Alpha Sapphire" forever xD

I've been listening to Foo Fighters' latest album 4 times in a row now, all while resetting the 3DS again and again. Need to find another CD to play, just so I can avoid associating that album with "mind-numbingly SRing for a shiny in Alpha Sapphire" forever xD

Haha, that happened to me many times. I can't hear some music nowadays without remembering a funny/sad/dumb moment.

Macka

Since complaining on gaf always seem to bring good luck, Damn it lugia! I demand you turn pink already!
I'll join you in complaining. Hurry up shiny Raikou! ~450 resets so far (which honestly isn't all that much to be fair, I'm just being greedy.)

Koren

390 resets to try and get a shiny Lugia. At this point I feel like I'll never get it.
Isn't the probability of a shiny out of 390 attempts close to 10%? And to reach 50%, more than 2800 attempts? Do you have the charm?

SR for shinies if an act of faith...

(but I wish you luck...)

Only real complaints I have with these remakes are:
1. Too easy, like way too easy
2. Massive missed opportunities with Mega Pokemon from Gen III.
Seviper
Zangoose
Tropius
Torkoal
Grumpig
Lunatone
Solrock
Crawdaunt
Whiscash
Kecleon
Relicanth

If Game Freak wanted to make people use Pokemon that most don't, they should have focused on giving Mega's to Pokemon that really need them.
Metagross did not need a Mega for example

ffdgh

Only real complaints I have with these remakes are:
1. Too easy, like way too easy
2. Massive missed opportunities with Mega Pokemon from Gen III.
Seviper
Zangoose
Tropius
Torkoal
Grumpig
Lunatone
Solrock
Crawdaunt
Whiscash
Kecleon

And you leave out the obvious candidate for a mega evo...Ice please >_>

Top Bottom