• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

?

Any special reason?
Probably because it'll show up in the end credits.

Possibly a dumb question, but several of the secret base trainers have mentioned something to do with magnemites and having multiple battles in a row.

Unfortunately, I've been mostly mashing A through their dialogue, is there an equivalent to the restaurants in X/Y, or is it just the one outside slateport?

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/foodcourt.shtml
Once per day though. :/

Get some lv.100 Blissey Secret Bases to level up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Nah, Z will probably have a decent one since that'll be the main workload for the GameFreak staff, unlike XY and ORAS where they had to craft a new overworld.

God is it just me or does pickup in this game really suck? In the time it took one of my guys to find anything they would have been loaded in X >.>

So I got the EON ticket from my very first streetpass with this 3DS, annnddddd then i accidentally pressed the power button and now its gone...why, why do you do this to me Game Freak?

Why wouldn't the game remember the streetpass?

late on this but lmao

back when emerald came out and i couldn't be assed to make any decent teams battle factory was a godsend over battle tower

Battle Factory is the best mode and it's pretty annoying they don't place it in normally. You already have all the damn Pokemon since they use the same pool.

Dryk

Unfortunately, I've been mostly mashing A through their dialogue, is there an equivalent to the restaurants in X/Y, or is it just the one outside slateport?
People used the restaurants for grinding in X/Y? I found the Battle Chateau to be way more productive and it doesn't lock you into a series of battles.

Is the Elite Four at least quicker in this game? I only beat them twice in X/Y because the animations were so obnoxious.

Seil

The Restaurants were good cause you could use EXP Power Level 3 and it'd last the entire duration.

I prefer the Chateau because, after a fee, you have a pretty constant stream of decently leveled Furisode Girls with Audino lol. And you can battle just as much as necessary instead of getting held up.

Restaurants were great if you didn't want to level up your chateau rank or don't want to make the like, 500k investment to max out the chateau for the day though. Restaurants were also more consistent, but I found the Furisode Girls reliable enough.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalph...oodcourt.shtml
Once per day though. :/

Get some lv.100 Blissey Secret Bases to level up.

Ah, gotcha.

I have some Blissey bases from reddit once I get to platinum flag status, though honestly, I might just stop at gold, I don't need the extra garchompite and 2x daily powers isn't that big of an improvement.

People used the restaurants for grinding in X/Y? I found the Battle Chateau to be way more productive and it doesn't lock you into a series of battles.

Is the Elite Four at least quicker in this game? I only beat them twice in X/Y because the animations were so obnoxious.

The E4 aren't much faster, no.

There's that long period of walking, and the doors re-shutting behind you, etc...it's faster than X/Y, but not by much.

And with Xp level 3, le wow was pretty decent XP, plus it gave you a helluva lot of cash.

Busaiku

I prefer the Chateau because, after a fee, you have a pretty constant stream of decently leveled Furisode Girls with Audino lol. And you can battle just as much as necessary instead of getting held up.

Restaurants were great if you didn't want to level up your chateau rank or don't want to make the like, 500k investment to max out the chateau for the day though. Restaurants were also more consistent, but I found the Furisode Girls reliable enough.

Restaurant Le Wow was really good since you can do Triple Battles, and most of them can all be 1-shotted.
It was easily the quickest way to level.

Plus with Prize Money Power, you got a lot of money too.

Seil

Restaurant Le Wow was really good since you can do Triple Battles, and most of them can all be 1-shotted.
It was easily the quickest way to level.

Plus with Prize Money Power, you got a lot of money too.

I'd much rather have my Furisode Girls with 2-3 Audino, with no being forced to go through 5 battles and the scenes in between if unnecessary lol. I used Le Wow at first, but quickly gravitated toward the Chateau after hitting the top rank. I mean, hey, Le Wow may actually outperform it to some extent, but I'd bet it's not by too much if not unlucky at the Chateau. One Duchess Furisode Girl is three level 65 Audino when properly boosted, after all.

Money's also a factor for some, sure, but I can't say I was ever hurting for money no matter what I did in XY lol.

Grexeno

So I guess the optimal path through the Delta Episode legendaries is to Master Ball Rayquaza and come back later for Deoxys?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So I guess the optimal path through the Delta Episode legendaries is to Master Ball Rayquaza and come back later for Deoxys?

Since it's story
-based, Rayquaza's catch rate is way, way up.

Don't need to waste a master ball, if anything, k.o. deoxys (since it happens immediately following the Ray fight), and come back for it after beating the E4 again.

Macka

By turning off the experience share and switching the battle mode to 'set', the game was...slightly less easy. The Steven fight was the only hard battle of the game though, and I still got through that in one go.

Anyway, I don't really know what to do now that I've finished the National Dex and caught my shiny Ho-Oh. Not really interested in shinies of any of the other legends in OR aside from Latios, and I don't know if it's worth buying AS just to soft-reset for that. I don't need to catch any of the other Mirage Spot legends either since I already have duplicates of most of them from previous games/playthroughs. I guess I could get them with decent IV's, but I'm never going to use ubers online anyway so it feels kinda pointless.

Battle Resort is pretty eh, since I don't need the items and spent more than enough time at the Maison in XY.

Fuck you Gamefreak for not including the Battle Resort. Think I'm already done with this.

Bleeether

Completed the national dex! :D now time to grind shinies. Who to grind first?

Congrats!

I'm currently working on mine, i have 90% if Kalos done then on to Hoenn.

This is a really challenging mission for me. I've leveled all the pokemon thati need in Kalos, now im working on stuff that needs stones,traded, and to be bred...

Atrarock

I guess I will just do that, this alien abomination that is supposedly super powerful keeps dying to my level 50 Mightyhyena
It's a glass cannon. Unless it's in its Defense or Speed Form, it'll go down in about 2-3 hits from any team member of your's during that point.

Also I made it faint with Mightyena as well :p

Macka

Does anyone have spare Hasty/Naive Synchronize Abra/Ralts? Trying to collect all of the useful natures now and still missing those two. I can give Adamant/Modest ones in return.

I am constantly broke in this game. Why is money so hard to come by?!

What are you spending it on and are you using the bargain O-Power?

Post game, my wallet has never stayed under 300k for long. I've been rematching the battle resort trainers + Wally every day for Exp. and making money in the process.

Fandangox

It's a glass cannon. Unless it's in its Defense or Speed Form, it'll go down in about 2-3 hits from any team member of your's during that point.

Also I made it faint with Mightyena as well :p

yeah I tried it one more time and I wore it down with confusion and taunt with sableye, since it can't touch it. Managed to catch it.

Bleeether

Anyone want to help evolve my Spritzee with a trade back?

I'll be online for the next half an hour.

Pm FC and i'll do the same.

Thanks in advance :D

Edit: Found on old screencap from D/P days:
gotcha.jpg

Ah before we knew what manual focus was and before we has o-powers...

I still haven't finished the story. Currently trying to catch legendaries in luxury balls.
Luxury>premium
As long as it isn't Ultra balls is my legendary rule. I'm tempted to go dive balls on the pixies but will probably go heal ball.

I got a Rotom off wonder trade and I'm wondering is one of the Rotom forms good in Battle Maison? Paritcularly Rotom-W?
A word of warning regarding Rotom-W. Hydro Pump is dangerous in the Maison. It will miss on you when you need it to hit and could easily end a streak.

I think Rotom-W or -H work well depending on what your team needs (-H is going to be more of a pivot, overheating when you need fire then volt switching out of there, overheat also has accuracy issues though).

Anyway, I don't really know what to do now that I've finished the National Dex and caught my shiny Ho-Oh. Not really interested in shinies of any of the other legends in OR aside from Latios, and I don't know if it's worth buying AS just to soft-reset for that. I don't need to catch any of the other Mirage Spot legends either since I already have duplicates of most of them from previous games/playthroughs. I guess I could get them with decent IV's, but I'm never going to use ubers online anyway so it feels kinda pointless.

Battle Resort is pretty eh, since I don't need the items and spent more than enough time at the Maison in XY.

Fuck you Gamefreak for not including the Battle Resort. Think I'm already done with this.
Things like Raikou and Cresselia are not ubers and if you want to use them in the ORAS league battle spot you need to catch them in ORAS.

The main attraction of battle resort is the move tutors. Give everything Knock off and Icy Wind and get those stupid Dark and Ice types out of your teams...

Macka

Things like Raikou and Cresselia are not ubers and if you want to use them in the ORAS league battle spot you need to catch them in ORAS.

The main attraction of battle resort is the move tutors. Give everything Knock off and Icy Wind and get those stupid Dark and Ice types out of your teams...
I've already tutored the hell out of those that need it :p The 500 odd BP I was given for some reason (I think it was from Bank? It asked if I wanted miles or BP) came in real handy there.

And I think I might soft reset for a Shiny Raikou. Already have one from the B/W event but it'd be nice to have one with decent IV's and my OT.

maybe GF could make Omega Ruby 2 / Alpha Sapphire 2 next year ?
i want that instead of emerald and Z
Omega Ruby Z and Alpha Sapphire Z. Please.

16 Badges, updated storyline and Battle Frontier. Take my money.

Any particularly good articles out there on competitive battling and team building? I've been digging around, but the info seems pretty scattered.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Any particularly good articles out there on competitive battling and team building? I've been digging around, but the info seems pretty scattered.
Well, what kind of battle format are you looking to get into; the popular ones are Online Rated Singles, VGC and Smogon I guess.

Well, what kind of battle format are you looking to get into; the popular ones are Online Rated Singles, VGC and Smogon I guess.

Mostly just looking to do random singles online without getting crushed by people who have put actual thought into their team. At this point, I'm not particularly interested in anything organized.

Edit: one_kill, thanks I'll give that a watch.

Hatchtag

Banned
Congrats!

I'm currently working on mine, i have 90% if Kalos done then on to Hoenn.

This is a really challenging mission for me. I've leveled all the pokemon thati need in Kalos, now im working on stuff that needs stones,traded, and to be bred...

Trade evolutions and Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon were the most annoying for me. Sinnoh because I didn't have them, Unova because they evolve at such a high god damn level.

JoeM86

Mostly just looking to do random singles online without getting crushed by people who have put actual thought into their team. At this point, I'm not particularly interested in anything organized.

Strong Pokémon, weak Pokémon. That is just the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers try to win with their favourites.

That's what I do and I win most of my battles :) Come up with unique strategies and you'll screw over many people because they only plan for the standards. I've screwed over many with my strategies, and the current one I'm planning is brutal in theory.

Just be imaginative with the ones you like and you can win :)

Strong Pokémon, weak Pokémon. That is just the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers try to win with their favourites.

It's one thing to enjoy leisurely battles, but real battles can be a severe trial. Truly strong trainers sometimes must be prepared to choose Pokémon that can win rather than their favorite Pókemon.

:D

Top Bottom