• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

entremet

Only real complaints I have with these remakes are:
1. Too easy, like way too easy
2. Massive missed opportunities with Mega Pokemon from Gen III.
Seviper
Zangoose
Tropius
Torkoal
Grumpig
Lunatone
Solrock
Crawdaunt
Whiscash
Kecleon
Relicanth

If Game Freak wanted to make people use Pokemon that most don't, they should have focused on giving Mega's to Pokemon that really need them.
Metagross did not need a Mega for example

Outside of postgame stuff, Pokemon games have been pretty easy.

Platinum had some nice challenge, but it was still easy relatively.

Oswen

I may restart because imperfect speed Troll Rayquaza really bothers me.
I think I'm crazy.

I wonder if we'll get Gen 7 on the 3DS or on its successor (after Z or XY2 of course).

Could someone kindly tell me the earliest you can trade in this game? I just got alpha sap and I will have some pokemon that I want to start with from Y.

ivysaur12

Banned
I know this probably won't happen anymore, but I'd really prefer some actual evolutions to Pokemon that people don't really use to make them viable in the metagame. You can only use one Mega per battle and I'd like the variety of actual evos versus one Mega. Though since Mega Evolution is such a Thing now, I doubt we'll get any new evos to old Pokemon outside of Eevee whenever there's a new gimmick.

That was never going to happen in a remake, but I do like the viability given by those Gen 4 evolutions like Togekiss. Mixing it up isn't tbe worst idea. There are also some Pokemon like Tropius that LOOK fully evolved, and a Mega evolution wouldve served their design better.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't the probability of a shiny out of 390 attempts close to 10%? And to reach 50%, more than 2800 attempts? Do you have the charm?

SR for shinies if an act of faith...

(but I wish you luck...)
Please don't say that :(

I don't have the Shiny Charm, I'm nowhere near completing my Pokedex.

JoeM86

If GameFreak follows the money, then yes (like they did with BW2). But I hope that we don't, tired of this old hardware already.

They kept B2W2 on the DS because BW was on the DS and BW came out a while before the 3DS. They did it for compatibility.

Make it so she can mega evolve Garchomp without a mega stone.

Or make a new Garchompite that gives it the effect of Assault Vest as well, lol

Or turns out there's another new Mega Garchomp form! Adds another 100 BST to Mega Garchomp.

New Garchompite that makes all weaknesses x1. Just have fun brute forcing through it with 6 pokemon.

I know this probably won't happen anymore, but I'd really prefer some actual evolutions to Pokemon that people don't really use to make them viable in the metagame. You can only use one Mega per battle and I'd like the variety of that. Though since Mega Evolution is such a Thing now, I doubt we'll get any new evos to old Pokemon outside of Eevee whenever there's a new gimmick.

That was never going to happen in a remake, but I do like the viability given by those Gen 4 evolutions like Togekiss. Mixing it up isn't tbe worst idea. There are also some Pokemon like Tropius that LOOK fully evolved, and a Mega evolution wouldve served their design better.

When I saw Slyveon i got so excited for more evolutions from older Pokemon, hopes were deleted the day Mega Evo's were confirmed.

Could someone kindly tell me the earliest you can trade in this game? I just got alpha sap and I will have some pokemon that I want to start with from Y.

As soon as you help Wally, IIRC.

They kept B2W2 on the DS because BW was on the DS and BW came out a while before the 3DS. They did it for compatibility.

There's that too.

Just bought my 3DS last year, I'd like to get at least one more gen out of it.

That's like people asking for Persona 5 to be a PS3 exclusive just because they got one. The new gen should be at least N3DS enhanced.

And I bought mine last year too, near FE:A launch date.

ivysaur12

Banned
If GameFreak follows the money, then yes (like they did with BW2). But I hope that we don't, tired of this old hardware already.

I'd prefer a new Pokemon game near the launch of Nintendo's next hardware. GameFreak's never been known for their technical prowess, so I'd like the hardware to force them to make something nice.

Though we'll probably get Pokemon AZ on the New 3DS and it will look pretty much the same as Gen 6.

That's like people asking for Persona 5 to be a PS3 exclusive just because they got one. The new gen should be at least N3DS enhanced.

And I bought mine last year too, near FE:A launch date.

Well, I wouldn't expect anything less. As I said, I'd like to get one more gen out of it, doesn't mean it'll happen.

I'd prefer a new Pokemon game near the launch of Nintendo's next hardware. GameFreak's never been known for their technical prowess, so I'd like the hardware to force them to make something nice.

Though we'll probably get Pokemon AZ on the New 3DS and it will look pretty much the same as Gen 6.

I'm not so sure that Pokemon Z/XY2 will be N3DS enhanced. I hope it is, but I don't have much faith left.

Well, I wouldn't expect anything less. As I said, I'd like to get one more gen out of it, doesn't mean it'll happen.

I understand.

Azuran

Banned
Kyogre is Timid, aw yiss.

EDIT: Holy fuckballs, that soaring is amazing. I love it. Best thing Game Freak has done this gen.

Well, I hope have you accepted that it won't be in the next game. Knowing GF, soaring is a Hoenn "exclusive feature" never to be seen again.

Qurupeke

I only want DexNav to be back. It's just a great feature and probably the easiest way to get some good parents for breeding. Unless they decide to give us a better feature of course, please don't even dare to remove it.

Well, I hope have you accepted that it won't be in the next game. Knowing GF, soaring is a Hoenn "exclusive feature" never to be seen again.

Don't make me sad. :'(

In an ideal world, GameFreak would use this as a way to finally end the reign of terror of the Hidden Machine, but alas.

Dominator

I remember I caught Xernaas with a regular Poke Ball on my first try. It was awesome I must say. Gonna try again with the legendaries in this game lol

I remember I caught Xernaas with a regular Poke Ball on my first try. It was awesome I must say. Gonna try again with the legendaries in this game lol
Xerneas actually has a really high catch rate.

Good luck with Groudon/Kyogre then, (I actually managed to catch Groudon at full health with a Poke Ball tho, but that was after like 50 tries and me getting frustrated at it healing it self too much lmao)

Oswen

Which nature is actually better for Primal Kyogre? I was aiming for Modest for absolute destruction and stuff but I see many people aiming for Timid, does it really need to outspeed anything in particular?

ffdgh

I caught kyogre with a premier ball...the very last one out of 4 to be percise. Thankyou Treecko with endeavor and Buizel for constantly having 1hp out of wuv lol.

DaBoss

I doubt it. Personally, I think they planned on having it in XY, but decided to not go through with it. Mega Lati@s is in the game data for those games. Though Mirage Islands would likely be gone since that's a "Hoenn" thing.

Guys I need a sixth for my team but I can't figure out who. I got:

Starmie
Metagross
Salamence
Ferrothorn
Blaziken(might remove because OP)

I have some issues wtih Ghost/Dark/Electric. I was thinking of adding Gliscor but that still leaves some weakness to Fire. Any ideas? I'm open to removing a few Pokemon out of this lineup if they don't fit. Maybe Greninja over Starmie?

SeZMehK

Damn, every single rayquaza I caught has the right nature but HORRIBLE IVs. All pretty much single digits other than the guaranteed 31s... :/

I am starting to hate the cut scene... lol

Linius

Sweet, got the Eon ticket today. Didn't even need to travel to Amsterdam for it. And it's only the second day since the distribution started in the Netherlands :D

Starmie
Metagross
Salamence
Ferrothorn

I have some issues wtih Ghost/Dark/Electric. I was thinking of adding Gliscor but that still leaves some weakness to Fire. Any ideas? I'm open to removing a few Pokemon out of this lineup if they don't fit. Maybe Greninja over Starmie?

Get a Water Ground type over Starmie maybe?

Starmie
Metagross
Salamence
Ferrothorn

I don't think you need to worry too much about Fire weakness. Gliscor checks threats like Terrakion and Landorus-T and other sand offense mons that could otherwise give this team trouble.

What're you using Starmie for, out of curiosity? Rapid spin?

EDIT: Lmao that sounds like a Sunshine track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI_K_dLWVtU
I just saw this and kind of wonder, since it's an R/S theme made to sound more like the 5th gen games than the 6th gen ones...think its possible this was considered for 5th gen instead?

Hm, that's interesting. Reminds me heavily of the Battle Resort theme. I doubt it was ever intended to play in Rustboro/Mauville/Mossdeep City, since the sound doesn't fit at all. Maybe originally it was one of alt themes for the Battle Resort? EDIT: Turns out it was from an unused musical in Gen V. Meh.

Either way, it sounds bloody awful so I'm glad it didn't make it into the game.

Top Bottom