• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Well, for once, the RNG gods have smiled upon me. Timid Kyogre 16-17/31/27-28/31/31/31 in a Luxury Ball on my first try. HP could be better, and I was trying to go for Modest with a dead Synchronize Abra in front, but hey, I'm sure if I scorn this chance I'll never see anything this good again. Saved.

ffdgh

I vote Premier!

Annnd premier ball wins since it matches better anyway. Feels good to have my first legit shiny legend outside of rng kyurem. :D
237 resets give or take.

Docile with Perfect HP/DEF/S.ATK/SPE...I'm sastified lol.

Now...for shiny Reshiram Zekrom.

Macka

If I get the Eon Ticket and save/reset before collecting it at the Pokemon Centre, will it still be there whenever I go to get it?

one_kill

If I get the Eon Ticket and save/reset before collecting it at the Pokemon Centre, will it still be there whenever I go to get it?
Dunno

Why can't you just pick it up as soon as you received it?

Anyone got a spare Mudkip that they're willing to trade? Posted over in the trading post a few days ago, but no replies so far.
You know, you could breed your starter, access GTS, offer the offspring for Mudkip

If that doesn't work, I'll breed you an egg

Toxi

Banned
I can't believe you guys keep track of your attempts. I just do it almost unconsciously: Press L+R+start, then spam A until I reach the battle and look at the screen to see if shiny. If not, soft-reset.

I can't believe you guys keep track of your attempts. I just do it almost unconsciously: Press L+R+start, then spam A until I reach the battle and look at the screen to see if shiny. If not, soft-reset.
Yup. I attempted to keep track but never followed up on it.

I used to, but then the dozens became hundreds, the minutes became hours, the days became weeks, and I gave up on trying to count. When the time has come it will happen.

ohlawd

FFS

Been resetting for a good IV'd Timid Thundurus. idunno about you guys but 50% synchro sounds bogus. more liek 20%

k so I end up with this thing like a second ago
31/31/29/5/31/31

come on, man. reset... lol I'm glad I don't care about shinies >_>

I only reset my storyline Latios until I got the 31s in HP/SP ATK/SPD and Synchronized it to Timid. It's other stats are ... not great (0-3 Atk, 12 or 14 Defence , and 3-6 Sp Def) and even that drove me crazy. I really wonder what they were thinking of having IVs for Legendaries even the 3 31s guarantee still make sit really hard to get a Legendary that's competitive with the good Megas that are well bred in terms of IVs.

The Ability Capsule is kind of useless since it can't give Hidden abilities, at its current BP cost its probably waaay more time efficient to just rebreed given that good IVs and Natures, and EV training are pretty trivial now.

Macka

I have the Eon Ticket, and I'm standing in front of Latias right now. Can I leave without catching her and return later with more Pokeballs?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
"Me and my boyfriend like to play pretend. I'm Lissi, and he's Ali".

Lol. Some kinky stuff in this game, huh?

Congrats.

Seriously though, why give us the ability capsule. A nature changing item is what we need.

I always thought they could have like an Obedience School, or something...like you leave a Pokemon, and the next day, it has a new Nature.

Muku

I don't understand how people keep track of their resets in numbers. Right now I'm up to two South Park episodes and the first half of Wedding Crashers for Zekrom.

I was wondering same thing. I lost track after attempt number 6. Not all of us sit at a computer or near our phone during our SR time, so calculators don't really work either. Plus, in all honesty, it's probably better I don't know my overall count. Going by days alone makes it seem sad enough.

And even while watching stuff, reading stuff, etc while doing it, it doesn't make it less horrible. Find breeding for shinies seems at least more productive. Unfortunately, in this case, can't do that. My thumb is also very tired.

The gifted Lati@s comes in a PokeBall, you don't want that.

Best way to have it.

Toxi

Banned
"Me and my boyfriend like to play pretend. I'm Lissi, and he's Ali".

Lol. Some kinky stuff in this game, huh?
That lesbian couple in a locked room in Sea Mauville, LOL.

First girl: "I was teaching this girl how hard it is to be a trainer!"

Second girl: *blushes*

The entire Sea Mauville section is actually pretty well-done in terms of writing. I got a bit sad reading how the vision for a brighter future collapsed.

ryan13ts

I've been trying to get this damn Homepass to work to get the Eon Ticket (I live in an area with not too many people) but have had nothing but problems (Per usual with this type of thing), am I the only one that have had hell trying to get it to work?

ffdgh

That lesbian couple in a locked room in Sea Mauville, LOL.

First girl: "I was teaching this girl how hard it is to be a trainer!"

Second girl: *blushes*

The entire Sea Mauville section is actually pretty well-done in terms of writing. I got a bit sad reading how the vision for a brighter future collapsed.

Gotta love mom going out with her "friend" often...

macklelol

... I take a break from trying to get a shiny Azelf to catch Uxie, and this happens:
6EJVIEv.jpg

I've been after Azelf for the past two week and I end up getting a Shiny Uxie after 2 minutes.

Azuran

Banned
Guys, I think Courtney may have a thing for me. Half of the stuff she says is suggestive as hell.

... I take a break from trying to get a shiny Azelf to catch Uxie, and this happens:

I've been after Azelf for the past two week and I end up getting a Shiny Uxie after 2 minutes.

Trolling at its finest. Congrats!

JoeM86

While unconventional sets will give the element of surprise, once people realise what you're doing you're usually worse off. It's like how comp shooter players are thrown off by bad players sometimes. The bad player has an advantage for as long as their suboptimal play confuses people, then they revert to being just a bad player again.

Good luck with your Furfrou team though Joe. Furfrou is hilarious when people can't figure out how to deal with it in the first few turns its out.

That's why you need to merge unconventional and conventional. My teams seldom use what others call standards and they still have a high win/lose ratio. I still have power, I still have uniqueness.

Just because I deviate from the norm doesn't mean I'm worse off :)

Hell, even my most recent "gimmick" team as my friends call it worked well, though it had a higher lose rate than most of mine. Ampharos and Klinklang leads. Klinklang uses Magnetic Flux, Ampharos uses Cotton Guard first turn. Both Pokémon become sponges for hits. Klinklang an unusual Special sweeper (though I use Magnetic Flux to keep boosting both until it has an opening), and Ampharos being Ampharos. When Klinklang inevitably falls, that's when Ampharos Mega Evolves and kicks more arse. When it worked...woo boy. Unfortunately, those two Pokémon aren't the fastest so could be taken out if not given the chance to set up.

The rage of people when their Garchomp's Earthquake barely even dented Ampharos was just beautiful

Top Bottom