• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Hatchtag

Banned
That's another thing with these games and X and Y. Why are they now being more explicit with girls (usually the rival) being attracted to the MC? It just comes off as annoying pandering. I don't give a shit if Brendan and May ever hang out, and I certainly don't want to sit through a cutscene of them hanging out.

Crayolan

That's another thing with these games and X and Y. Why are they now being more explicit with girls (usually the rival) being attracted to the MC? It just comes off as annoying pandering. I don't give a shit if Brendan and May ever hang out, and I certainly don't want to sit through a cutscene of them hanging out.

Masuda don't want no shitty fanships encroaching on his canon OTP.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, I got kinda mad when Brendan was hitting on me.

teeny

Phew, that's it, I've done as much as I can now towards my living Dex. I just have 9 mythical event Pokemon to go. God knows if they will ever be distributed again! I have a feeling I'll be in my thirties before I achieve my childhood dream :)

one_kill

Phew, that's it, I've done as much as I can now towards my living Dex. I just have 9 mythical event Pokemon to go. God knows if they will ever be distributed again! I have a feeling I'll be in my thirties before I achieve my childhood dream :)
Who are you missing?

teeny

I'm SRing atm so I can't check, but I'll PM you if I've got any spares

Thank you very much, I love the GAF Pokemon community :)

I can help you with Jirachi (farmed), Keldeo (clone), Meloetta (clone).

Ahh, that would be amazing! I don't mind clones as long as they are 'legitimate' clones. Do you want anything in particular in return? I don't have much, but I have a few breeding projects which may be useful, or I can breed something else.
I enjoy creating good Pokemon much more than putting a team together, for some reason.

Griss

What's the best way of getting evo stones (dusk and shiny specifically) and King's Rocks in this game? I'm about 25 pokemon away from finishing the national dex and want to get through it soon as you inevitably burn out - there's so many of the buggers at this stage!

And like the guy above said, I'll never get those eventmon. Doesn't bother me too much. Just hanging around the internet I've been gifted Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa, Mew, Jirachi (unfortunately with an outrageously racist name) and they gave away Celebi with XY. So that's not too bad.

I just like getting the Shiny Charm before doing any proper breeding just to increase the odds of getting something special.

lupinko

Japanese. Full authenticity :p

Here you go Joe. :p lol

rE7Imapl.jpg

bbRzjM8l.jpg

9vfU374l.jpg

Thank you very much, I love the GAF Pokemon community :)

Ahh, that would be amazing! I don't mind clones as long as they are 'legitimate' clones. Do you want anything in particular in return? I don't have much, but I have a few breeding projects which may be useful, or I can breed something else.
I enjoy creating good Pokemon much more than putting a team together, for some reason.

Keldeo and Meloetta are clones I got from many trades really you have them only to complete the dex.

The Jirachi I farm from the Pokemon Colossem Bonus disc.

My Japanese FC is 5043-3233-7615.

IGN ENG Black Mamba
IGN JPN ブラック

I'll likely do the trade on an English game tho, I live in Japan so crazy time diff if you're in the Americas!

Usually for Jirachi (or Celebi) I ask for 5iv breedables with egg moves or a Kalos/Hoenn Gen 6 shiny caught or bred uncloned/not power saved.

If you can't do either then that's ok too.

teeny

Keldeo and Meloetta are clones I got from many trades really you have them only to complete the dex.

IGN ENG Black Mamba
IGN JPN ブラック

I'll likely do the trade on an English game tho, I live in Japan so crazy time diff if you're in the Americas!

Usually for Jirachi (or Celebi) I ask for 5iv breedables with egg moves or a Kalos/Hoenn Gen 6 shiny caught or bred uncloned/not power saved.

Thanks very much, do you have an English FC?

I'm in the UK, so still kinda crazy time difference, is it 7:00PM there? How long will you be on for? I can get on in about two hours (at work currently).

I'll PM you what I have available in a moment :)

lupinko

Thanks very much, do you have an English FC?

I'm in the UK, so still kinda crazy time difference, is it 7:00PM there? How long will you be on for? I can get on in about two hours (at work currently).

I'll PM you what I have available in a moment :)

I already added you, let me switch to my Y eshop game on this 3ds.

My CA 3DS is already full. Lol

I'll be home for the rest of the evening unless I decide to go to the local convenience store.

Yrael

I'm about halfway to finishing my National Pokedex now...phew. I think I'll finish up the rest of the Hoenn Pokedex to get the Oval Stone, then focus on the rest. Most of the work here is getting the evolutions (and occasionally trading on GTS).

Here you go Joe. :p lol

IGN ENG Black Mamba
IGN JPN ブラック

Sent you a PM - I'd like to trade with you as well, if that's okay?

MicH

Woah, congrats on the shiny Lugia and Uxie, guys! That's awesome!

... And I finally found the last Mirage Spot TM I needed! Hooray!!

Ondore

I'm going to be starting Omega Ruby soon, so I'm planning a run of Pokemon I haven't used at all... but is Altaria really my best option for a universal (not using Sleep Powder/Spore) Sleep causer? Or should I just go for Uxie given that I'd be focusing on legendaries?

RiggyRob

I'm going to be starting Omega Ruby soon, so I'm planning a run of Pokemon I haven't used at all... but is Altaria really my best option for a universal (not using Sleep Powder/Spore) Sleep causer? Or should I just go for Uxie given that I'd be focusing on legendaries?

Why would you not use a Sleep Powder/Spore user?

Assuming you want a someone with an accuracy boosting move/ability and a sleep inducing move, you could go for Hypnosis/Sing + Gravity (Clefairy/Sigilyph) or Compound Eyes + Sleep Powder/Hypnosis (Butterfree/Venonat/Vivillon/Yanma) as long you can get them somehow.

Yeah, talk to the sailor. Then just talk to Normal again whenever you are ready.
Mind blown. The name Norman is a pun. He is the Normal type gym leader and a man. Normal Man...NorMan.

Just got the game. Is it worth playing the demo now or are the transferable items negligible?
The items are negligible. The balls ands nugget take too many playthroughs to get and the mega Pokémon isn't needed (it won't obey until late game and you can find the mega stone in-game anyway).

Looking for one Pokemon to handle the status on all of the legendaries, I was using Thunder Wave Gardevoir but all the Electric types are immune and Virizion's immune to Powder/Spore moves.
You really won't find one that is efficient. For catching legendaries Paralysis sucks, the catch rate boost from sleep is much better and sleeping uses 0 PP, Paralysis uses 1 PP 2/3 of the time.

Gallade has Hypnosis and false swipe so that is the closest you'll find to efficiency but the accuracy blows. Personally I use Spiritomb to scout speed (also has hypnosis) and to come back in if Breloom can't take hits (Tornadus gets 2HKO on mine).

SeZMehK

Mind blown. The name Norman is a pun. He is the Normal type gym leader and a man. Normal Man...NorMan.

The items are negligible. The balls ands nugget take too many playthroughs to get and the mega Pokémon isn't needed (it won't obey until late game and you can find the mega stone in-game anyway).

You really won't find one that is efficient. For catching legendaries Paralysis sucks, the catch rate boost from sleep is much better and sleeping uses 0 PP, Paralysis uses 1 PP 2/3 of the time.

Gallade has Hypnosis and false swipe so that is the closest you'll find to efficiency but the accuracy blows. Personally I use Spiritomb to scout speed (also has hypnosis) and to come back in if Breloom can't take hits (Tornadus gets 2HKO on mine).

I've been using gallade. I start off the battle with capture lv 3 and an accuracy boost lv 1. Haven't had any problems so far.

RiggyRob

Looking for one Pokemon to handle the status on all of the legendaries, I was using Thunder Wave Gardevoir but all the Electric types are immune and Virizion's immune to Powder/Spore moves.

Fair enough - the best option I think you have then is to use Mind Reader + Hypnosis with the Poliwag line since that'll be 100% accurate sleep, or use Gravity + Hypnosis/Sing with Clefairy/Sigilyph I mentioned before.

Fair enough - the best option I think you have then is to use Mind Reader + Hypnosis with the Poliwag line since that'll be 100% accurate sleep, or use Gravity + Hypnosis/Sing with Clefairy/Sigilyph I mentioned before.

The other option, though more of a pain to set up, would be Smeargle. That would let you use Yawn, which I think would be just as good as MR+Hyp while only using one move slot, and also keep Spore for Pokemon it works on.

Edit: and Smeargle can also have Technician for boosted False Swipes. Man, now I'm tempted to breed one...

Sorry I missed you, I got caught up with many trades, SRing, and playing Guilty Gear Xrd.

No problem, we'll catch eachother some other time.

I don't even really need the Light Ball anymore, since I found one in Alpha Sapphire already and I'm gonna carry over most of my 'Mon from X to that game and then start a replay. But the Jirachi would be nice.

DaBoss

Regigigas (Careful): 31 / 26 - 27 / 31 / 4 - 5 / 30 / 31

And with that, I'm done with all of the legendaries. All of them in Luxury Balls, of course. The only ball to use. And one of them is a shiny (Latias)!

Regigigas (Careful): 31 / 26 - 27 / 31 / 4 - 5 / 30 / 31

And with that, I'm done with all of the legendaries. All of them in Luxury Balls, of course. The only ball to use. And one of them is a shiny (Latias)!

Congratulations man, I'm still stuck in Ho-oh and Reshiram. And my final plan is to get all of the legendaries shiny, even if that takes all my pokemon time (until Z/XY2).

Top Bottom