• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Caladrius

Well, I finally did it:

B4Xuo-KCIAA-VRr.jpg

It's got a Lonely nature and Perfect Attack, Defense, Special Defense and Speed IVs, as well as a 25 in Special Attack. Only letdown is the HP, but considering how damn good the IV spread is otherwise, I can't complain.

This more than makes up for that Friend Safari Red Gyarados. Woo!

Firestorm

...Ugh. :/ That's awful. Now I understand the comments that we'll never have a meta game as good ever again.
What do you mean by metagame? Everything I've heard about the Battle Spot ladder at the moment (if it's the same as the ruleset we get for next season which looks very likely) indicates that the metagame is a lot of fun right now and should be for quite some time compared to last season.

ffdgh

Well, I finally did it:

It's got a Lonely nature and Perfect Attack, Defense, Special Defense and Speed IVs, as well as a 25 in Special Attack. Only letdown is the HP, but considering how damn good the IV spread is otherwise, I can't complain.

Congrats! C'mon pink lugia...

Dryk

As I said, strategies that deviate from the standard will screw up so many competitive players. Hell, that's what Sejun did with his Pachirisu.
While unconventional sets will give the element of surprise, once people realise what you're doing you're usually worse off. It's like how comp shooter players are thrown off by bad players sometimes. The bad player has an advantage for as long as their suboptimal play confuses people, then they revert to being just a bad player again.

Good luck with your Furfrou team though Joe. Furfrou is hilarious when people can't figure out how to deal with it in the first few turns its out.

MicH

I can't decide if I ant to try and SR for a shiny Ho-Oh or Reshiram

EDIT: Screw it, I'm joining the Reshiram SR team!

I don't know if I have the patience for SR for a shiny.

I barely had the patience to SR for a decent Latias and that was just going through a long cutscene. Though I guess it's quicker to just start fighting and say nope, let's try again (200 more times)

Macka

I barely had the patience to SR for a decent Latias and that was just going through a long cutscene. Though I guess it's quicker to just start fighting and say nope, let's try again (200 more times)
I do it while watching TV or browsing GAF, makes it fairly bearable tbh.

I most probably will get said legendaries in a trade before I can soft reset them all. Especially since I don't care for stats, I just collect it's easier for me to grab the shiny rejects. Hell, aside from literally 4 pokemon (magikarp, crawdaunt, golem, kecleon), the rest of my collection came from wonder trades. This includes my shiny zapdos, groudon, rayquaza, regice, and landorus. And thats not even trying to find shiny legendaries.

MicH

I do it while watching TV or browsing GAF, makes it fairly bearable tbh.
Yeah, I usually do it while watching youtube videos with my headphones on so it keeps me entertained. Then it's just mashing A/L, a quick glance then L-R-Start and mash A again

Caladrius

Reshiram and Palkia are bros. Y'all are crazy.

... Keldeo on the other hand...

I think he meant post-game.

EDIT: Congrats on the shiny Zekrom, Caladrius.

Congrats! C'mon pink lugia...

Thanks! (And good luck on the Lugia ffdgh)

I want a shiny Zekrom and Reshiram
maaaaaaaan

It's not out of reach, it's just a matter of how tolerant you are of bad stats.

I wouldn't have the patience for the soft resetting.

It can wear on the nerves, but as other people have noted, if you've got fun distractions, it's doable.

Yeah, there were a few occasions where I nearly gave up on it. (I took about 270 or so resets total, which took about a minute each, partially because of my shitty eyesight) Thankfully for the most part it's simple enough that you could read something on the computer or watch a show / movie without too much inconvenience.

Cutscene legends are by far the worst for soft resetting though, methinks. As you noted, there's so much useless fluff to go through compared to the "battle intro, master ball, check stats" standard. I went through much the same problem when Soft-resetting for my Jolly Rayquaza. (I don't envy the poor souls who forget to leave party slots open for the trainer fights after Xerneas/Yveltal/Rayquaza.)

It's a damned fine sight that they let you KO Kyogre/Groudon and Deoxys and do them after the story. The amount of long cutscenes surrounding them is downright disgusting.

Macka

Genesect is the only Unova legend that I like. Wish I could get a red one.

Edit: Crap, figured somebody would have posted by now.

each of those six bases are full of Blissey trainers?

Nope, it's 6 trainers you can get for your base to make it a blissey base for yourself. You can't have 6 blissey bases just due to how the secret base system works. (Other people's bases, only the owner has their special team, the rest of the people in the base are generics) However more bases does means more base owners that have blisseys that you can fight so it doesn't hurt having more.

Macka

each of those six bases are full of Blissey trainers?
Yes, they are. The entire Secret Meadow is filled with those six bases, each of which contains 3 level 100 Blissey's set to have a triple-battle. The Blissey's only know Heal Pulse and have no attacking moves. With a Lucky Egg and Experience O power you'll be swimming in exp.

Nope, it's 6 trainers you can get for your base to make it a blissey base for yourself. You can't have 6 blissey bases just due to how the secret base system works. (Other people's bases, only the owner has their special team, the rest of the people in the base are generics)
Nope, it really is 6 trainers with 3 Blissey each.

Muku

Well, I finally did it:

Congrats man! Congrats to all who have gotten shinies recently. I imagine the shiny hunt will be better once I get the shiny charm. Just wish we could skip the Lati@s given to us by default for later SRing.

Going on day 10 for Latias. Still drinking the haterade. Really wish I could skip it and come back for it later. Not entirely sure how I feel about this "here, have a legendary" deal. Though I guess when Latias does show up as shiny, it'll be even more rewarding. I know it's IVs will be shit, but meh.

Congrats man! Congrats to all who have gotten shinies recently. I imagine the shiny hunt will be better once I get the shiny charm. Just wish we could skip the Lati@s given to us by default for later SRing.

Going on day 10 for Latias. Still drinking the haterade. Really wish I could skip it and come back for it later. Not entirely sure how I feel about this "here, have a legendary" deal. Though I guess when Latias does show up as shiny, it'll be even more rewarding. I know it's IVs will be shit, but meh.
At least it's guaranteed to have the right nature if you're using a sync.

J. Bravo

My coworker offered up a 5 IV shiny charmander , but when I offered him a 5 IV modest flash fire vulpix with energy ball, he never responded!! Jerk. I want that charmander

Muku

At least it's guaranteed to have the right nature if you're using a sync.

True, and I am. Using a dead Timid Ralts in lead. But nature won't matter all that much if it gives me the IVs in the exact wrong spots. Either way though, I'll just be happy to have it.

Hatchtag

Banned
I don't understand how people keep track of their resets in numbers. Right now I'm up to two South Park episodes and the first half of Wedding Crashers for Zekrom.

Macka

I don't understand how people keep track of their resets in numbers. Right now I'm up to two South Park episodes and the first half of Wedding Crashers for Zekrom.
I just go on roughly 50 per hour. When in all honesty it's probably far more than that considering I just timed myself and it takes 45 seconds per cycle.

Get yourself a calculator. Every time you reset, add one, just make sure you don't accidentally press reset

Top Bottom