• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

ffdgh

97 resets later...Shiny Zekrom out of nowhere. 2nd time I'm not paying attention and the game throws a shiny at me.

Edit: and Smeargle can also have Technician for boosted False Swipes. Man, now I'm tempted to breed one...
Don't. Smeargle has terrible attack thanks to a base stat of 20, if my max attack technician Breloom (base stat 130) is like 3H"KO" with false swipe on Registeel Smeargle is going to take about a million hits to get there wasting your time and (more importantly) the opponents PP. If you want a powerful false swipe without Breloom Mega Pinsir delivers (and exceeds). High base attack stat then Aerate boosts the power of False Swipe to 52(!) and turns it into a flying type move (which Pinsir then gets STAB on) so it can used vs. Giratina.

Breloom is a little slow at a base speed stat of 70, true but Smeargle is hardly faster at 75 so Breloom is the better choice for False Swipe+Spore.

Seil

Don't. Smeargle has terrible attack thanks to a base stat of 20, if my max attack technician Breloom (base stat 130) is like 3H"KO" with false swipe on Registeel Smeargle is going to take about a million hits to get there wasting your time and (more importantly) the opponents PP. If you want a powerful false swipe without Breloom Mega Pinsir delivers (and exceeds). High base attack stat then Aerate boosts the power of False Swipe to 52(!) and turns it into a flying type move (which Pinsir then gets STAB on) so it can used vs. Giratina.

Breloom is a little slow at a base speed stat of 70, true but Smeargle is hardly faster at 75 so Breloom is the better choice for False Swipe+Spore.

Except against Grass types, where Smeargle's ability to learn Soak shines. Ghost types and Rock types etc also make use of it. I have a Breloom and Gallade but most of the time I use Smeargle. Generally, due to it being overleveled, it works just fine plus it has the extra utility. Mine has Simple Beam to allow me to check abilities, too.

That said, when Breloom can be used effectively, it will definitely outperform Smeargle. No argument there =p I'd just rather have the one thing that nearly always works I can grab instead.

Ah, thanks for the warning. I'll stick with Breeloom then. Just need to work on leveling it done more, since 70 probably isn't going to cut it for some legendaries.

Bleeether

Anyone online that can help out evolving a few Pokemon with some trade backs?

I'll be online for a while, send a pm with your FC. Thanks!

I would like to see a game centred around Eevee and the eeveelutions. When I was a kid playing Silver and Crystal I thought the legendary beasts were almost like evolutions of Flarion, Jolteon etc. I think they should at least give them Mega Evos in the next games.

I would like to see a game centred around Eevee and the eeveelutions. When I was a kid playing Silver and Crystal I thought the legendary beasts were almost like evolutions of Flarion, Jolteon etc. I think they should at least give them Mega Evos in the next games.

One of the many lores of the legendary beasts/dogs/gerbils/cats/things that run around were that they were origially the three stone evolutions of Eevee that got caught in the fire that burned the tower down and were revived by Ho-oh into them.

But hey, I'll take anything to make Flareon better, lol

SeZMehK

One of the many lores of the legendary beasts/dogs/gerbils/cats/things that run around were that they were origially the three stone evolutions of Eevee that got caught in the fire that burned the tower down and were revived by Ho-oh into them.

In that case, I can see Jolteon becoming Raikou and Vaporeon becoming Suicune. However, Flareon into Entei is such a huge change for the little guy, lol.

Beat the Elite Four for the first time.
Steven was the only one to give me trouble. Highest level Pokemon was Scizor at level 73.

VKmJewS.png

Raikou is kinda fast, Jolteon is too. Flareon has high Attack, Entei too. Vaporeon has high HP and Suicune is a defensive mon (High Def/SpDef).

wee-bey-gif.gif

When I was a kid I thought Entei was the coolest fucker ever.

Still do. Thank god they gave him Sacred Fire.

lemme tell you about when i saw him the first time in colosseum

That's right, I forgot about that game. I have it too, but I don't remember where my trio ended up. I still have my Ho-Oh from there, but the trio is just missing.

I lost a Groudon too, somewhere.
lmao I remember putting in my shiny Sharpedo that I found while hunting for Feebas so I could see it in 3D.

Next day lil bro deleted the save data. :(

MicH

Am I the only person still checking every damn trash can? They're all empty :(
I stopped checking in X and Y because they're always empty nowadays :( I think you get a medal on the Pokemon-GL site if you check a certain amount though :p

Linius

I'll take the medal :p

Just got the Altaria mega stone on accident. Didn't look up where to get it yet, so that was a nice surprise.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sending Game Freak some money nuggets via Paypal GTS right now. This NEEDS to happen.

Vaporeon 4 life

Wow, I didn't know about this rumor. I love how Eevee was a key element in TPP Red, even though it happened before I caught with the stream.

Macka

Wait, how many times can you catch Legendaries in the Mirage Spots? I caught Cresselia last night and now I'm battling another one.
Whoa. Does this mean they respawn whenever you beat the Elite 4 regardless of whether or not you've caught them?

I'm still going for Shiny Raikou. Well past 2000 resets at this point.

Grizzo

So here's my problem:

I really want to catch a Trubbish, and bulbapedia.com says I can find one on Road 110, but I can't seem to find any, and the DexNav doesn't even show his sprite on the little map.

What gives? Where can I find one?

JoeM86

So here's my problem:

I really want to catch a Trubbish, and bulbapedia.com says I can find one on Road 110, but I can't seem to find any, and the DexNav doesn't even show his sprite on the little map.

It'll appear randomly as a dexnav Pokémon in the grass after you have done the Primals. After that, it will randomly appear and not appear as a sprite on the bottom screen until you have caught one

MicH

So here's my problem:

You need the National Dex to find it (after 8th gym)

Grizzo

It'll appear randomly as a dexnav Pokémon in the grass after you have done the Primals. After that, it will randomly appear and not appear as a sprite on the bottom screen until you have caught one

Alright! Thank you Joe! I'll keep that in mind and try to do that as soon as possible :D

You need the National Dex to find it (after 8th gym)

Ohhhh I actually didn't even know about that. I'm almost done with the gym leaders so it should be pretty soon. Thanks MicH!

Yrael

Here's a chart that was posted in here earlier showing the locations of all Pokemon in the game.

The posters above are correct - Trubbish will appear only after getting the National Dex.

JoeM86

Not quite. It'll appear before you get the National Dex :) You just need to have done the Primal stuff. That's what triggers it, but yeah it's essentially a National Dex unlock

Grizzo

Here's a chart that was posted in here earlier showing the locations of all Pokemon in the game.

The posters above are correct - Trubbish will appear only after getting the National Dex.

Thanks for that map, it should be pretty useful! Can't wait to get one of those cute little trash bags.

Not quite. It'll appear before you get the National Dex :) You just need to have done the Primal stuff. That's what triggers it, but yeah it's essentially a National Dex unlock

Got it :) I didn't know what was wrong my game, now I see. That game has so much to offer!

Yrael

^ No worries. Original creator was Bobdor on Reddit (and it was posted in here by Avixph).

Ah, thanks for the correction!

lupinko

Can any Rayquaza learn Dragon Ascent or only the story one?

Still SRing for Latias in my main game, but I will start OR and another AS soon (when I get my LL back from Nintendo).

How long till I get a legendary on Wonder Trade?

IIRC some Twitch/youtube pokemon players usually do some WTs on wednesday, at least that's what I heard. So wednesday might be your lucky day.

Off topic: playing a bit of Diamond here, my god I knew that it was slow but dear lord the HP bar depletes much slower than I remembered, if that's even possible.

Top Bottom