• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Guys, a member asked for this before, and I'll ask in his name again because I liked the idea: is there any Podcast / youtube channel that talks about competitive battling / pokemon battles? I have some spare time and I would love to learn/hear more about it. Audio would be better, but it can be video too.

Firestorm

Guys, a member asked for this before, and I'll ask in his name again because I liked the idea: is there any Podcast / youtube channel that talks about competitive battling / pokemon battles? I have some spare time and I would love to learn/hear more about it. Audio would be better, but it can be video too.

All are friends of mine with a host of accomplishments at high level events in the tournament circuit rather than just YouTube personalities. I highly recommend listening to them.

Also subscribe to the Nugget Bridge Twitch channel for tournament streams!

does anyone have any advice for making doubles teams? It's a lot harder than making a singles team :/

Hopefully the video linked earlier and this can help: http://nuggetbridge.com/beginners/an-introduction-to-team-building/

All are friends of mine with a host of accomplishments at high level events in the tournament circuit rather than just YouTube personalities. I highly recommend listening to them.

Also subscribe to the Nugget Bridge Twitch channel for tournament streams!

Thank you very much, now I can learn while I do other things.

Oddly enough, I'm planning to do the Pokemon Crystal battle tower soon. The maison is so much easier, it's gonna be culture shock :p

Recently I tried the Pokemon Diamond (
I think it was Diamond?
) Battle Tower, and was greeted with a Registeel/Raikou/Latios in the third battle.

Recently I tried the Pokemon Diamond (
I think it was Diamond?
) Battle Tower, and was greeted with a Registeel/Raikou/Latios in the third battle.

Yup, the old ones don't pull punches. I also plan to 100% the emerald battle frontier at some point, but that is also very difficult and time consuming.

Grexeno

Man, somewhere a little while back my Breloom started needing like 5000 more EXP to level up than my other Mons and now leveling it up before the Elite Four is taking.

For

ever.

I think Gamefreak made Berry Master's garden big for the sake of just being big.

There's so much empty space here it's like yeah, work for your berries watering.

CrimsonN0

Hmm, so whats the whole deal with Secret Bases and Flags?
I've mostly been ignoring them since I was focusing on beating the Elite 4 and Delta.
Plus on some of the Secret Bases I've gotten from other people, they had no Flag.

Gosh dangit, was SRing for a good Mespirit, finally got Modest with 31s in Speed and Special Attack...and it gives me a 12-13 in HP and a 2-3 in Special Defense. Think I might keep it just because I don't care that much, I just didn't want the absolute crap the game fed me the first half dozen times.

ffdgh

The ghosts is where my 6IV, speed/spatk EV build Froslass comes into play. And Mega Khan takes the fun out of things. Want to do things without it lol.

I used to feel this way...but then I got over it when i kept having my streak taken from me in the 40s. Damn you legend veterans!

one_kill

Hmm, so whats the whole deal with Secret Bases and Flags?
I've mostly been ignoring them since I was focusing on beating the Elite 4 and Delta.
Plus on some of the Secret Bases I've gotten from other people, they had no Flag.
Nothing much really. If you want Garchompite, I think you need to collect 1000 flags. Some secret bases have trainers with level 100 Blisseys, which can serve as a way to level up Pokemon. If you invite people to be in your base, you can get free stuff like berries, base decorations, etc.

If I ever actually get this Raikou I'm going to need a looooong break from this game.
Yeah, I'm planning the same. Once I get Zekrom, it's goodbye ORAS for at least a month. I haven't even finished Delta Episode yet, but I don't care. I must get a shiny Zekrom!

Muku

Most people use powersaves for cloning these days (you can even do things like make a whole box of clones, like all things powersaves comes with the risk of bricking your cart though). Apparently version 1.3 of XY messed with the timing for cloning. This isn't Smash Bros so the game doesn't care if you delete patches...well until you try to go online. No idea if a v1.0 XY can clone with any ORAS or not.

Crap, really? Haven't done it in some time obviously. Removing patches feels like too much work for me to go dig through to get rid of. How am I to get 3 perfect Dittos now? >< Need to use them for Scatter breeding in ORAS.

Macka

At least this isn't as bad* as when I tried to get a Shiny Gligar. Took 4500 eggs with the shiny charm in Y.

*so far anyway

Bleeether

So is there any consensus on what is the fastest way to power level pokemon in ORAS?

Am i better off Pokebanking them into XY for the Cafe Le Wow triple battles?

Macka

Just checked my total play time in the software records: 129 hours, 7 minutes.

Whereas my in-game counter is at 74:25 hours. Alol.

So is there any consensus on what is the fastest way to power level pokemon in ORAS?

Am i better off Pokebanking them into XY for the Cafe Le Wow triple battles?
lol

Load up a dozen or so Blissey banks into your game. If you have another 3DS and Gen VI game then you can actually get most mons to level 100 in like an hour by spamming Exp Power level 3.

I've heard this on another forum. Thank you. Guess it's time to look into it... Though i think i remember them saying you can only do it once per base?

Seems like a hassle. Is it worth it?

Fighting 3 level 100 blisseys per trainer with no risk of injury to the pokemon. 15 times a day (1 person per day, 15 favorites)

Top Bottom