• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Bleeether

Awww.

It's still really fast compared to past games though, it's just 2 hours instead of 1 I believe, assuming you have enough bases and know that you can battle people twice a day by just inviting them to your base for a bit.

Alrighty, i'm looking into it right now :D

Thanks all

Grexeno

Ah, finally.

iG809xu7sGgor.PNG

Griss

Ah, just 4 pokemon away from a living dex now! Anyone care to help out with the last 4 eventmon I need?

I've got a Diancie, Keldeo and Shiny Latias to trade. I need Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus and Meloetta.

Man, if I finally get this done I'm going to have to look into building a proper team for once. I've built teams for the battle maison doubles before but always been too cowardly to try real competition. I typically bail at the end game of any RPG anyway.

EDIT: How are people fighting that many Blissey bases per day? I can only add 6 favourite bases at a time, and invite 5 'special pals' at once. Do these things go up with rank?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ah, just 4 pokemon away from a living dex now! Anyone care to help out with the last 4 eventmon I need?

I've got a Diancie, Keldeo and Shiny Latias to trade. I need Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus and Meloetta.

Man, if I finally get this done I'm going to have to look into building a proper team for once. I've built teams for the battle maison doubles before but always been too cowardly to try real competition. I typically bail at the end game of any RPG anyway.

EDIT: How are people fighting that many Blissey bases per day? I can only add 6 favourite bases at a time, and invite 5 'special pals' at once. Do these things go up with rank?
I'll trade Shaymin and Darkrai for your Keldeo and Diancie!

Griss

Thanks Hawthorne!

Man, it's so close now I can taste it, lol.

Also, Shaymin is ludicrously adorable. It looks nothing like a legendary other than being legendarily cute.

Took a break from Ho-oh (because that extra step needed was driving me nuts), and came back to Reshiram. So on my 3DS I'm resetting for a Reshiram shiny, and on my DS for a
nother
Kyogre shiny, then maybe Lugia (HG).

Macka

I can't take much more of this. Might just call it quits on soft resetting for more shiny legends because this is just ridiculous.

Azuran

Banned
Finally got around to reaching Ever Grande City. I was planning on catching every Dex Nav exclusive before going there, but those water ones are a pain to get to show up.

Griss

Welp. Been playing pokemon since Red released. Played through Red once, Yellow twice, Silver twice, Emerald twice, Diamond once, White once, X once and Alpha Saphire once. That's a lot of pokemon! A lot of time. And after ALL that, I finally, finally just found my first wild shiny.

Holy shit that was a rush! I have to say, I kind of get it now, why people would hunt these down so much. Also, it was a Tranquill, and it's based off a type of animal we get in Ireland and the shiny is entirely green, so it feels very appropriate. It's a piece of crap statistically, but man, it's my new favourite pokemon, lol. Love the fact that it's so vastly different from the non-shiny version. Unfezant isn't, so I won't be evolving it.

Feels good, though. I was damn pleased I had a False Swipe Garchomp out in the lead, though - I was been so deliberate with each button push, lol.

I got 5 event pokemon as well as a shiny tonight. Not bad!

Firestorm

Cards from the first ORAS set are being revealed as it just got released (or is leaking, can't remember) in Japan: http://pokebeach.com/2014/12/gaia-volcano-tidal-storm

This one's gettin' a lot of discussion:

jSCfCYx.jpg

This card can’t be played unless any of your Pokemon were Knocked Out during your opponent’s last turn.

Search your deck for up to 2 cards and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

But this is the real star:

r0inJj5.jpg

Yeah, Teammates immediately stood out to me. It's like Twins but its condition is a more consistent one. Will probably be one of the more expensive supporters out there.

Muku

Yeah, been watching PokeBeach for the release of the cards. Interested on getting my hands on them. Though I really hate trainer cards being holo like that, ugh. My SRs that I get tend to be crappy ass trainer cards. Blargh.

Kabuto

hahahaha Zinnia beat me at the end of the Delta Episode and the game didn't even acknowledge it at all. Wasted my Mega Evolution on Rayquaza :/

hahahaha Zinnia beat me at the end of the Delta Episode and the game didn't even acknowledge it at all. Wasted my Mega Evolution on Rayquaza :/

That's weird. I just spammed Dragon Pulse on Mega Rayquaza and beat her team in no time flat (then again, I'm PRETTY sure that mine is a Sp. Atk boosting nature).

I think Gamefreak made Berry Master's garden big for the sake of just being big.

There's so much empty space here it's like yeah, work for your berries watering.
I'm already starting to regret planting these Starf and Lansat berries in the top corner...thankfully it isn't the top left corner.

You can evict pals. In fact you have to if you want to challenge a Blissey base the next day as they won't be in their base if you're their pal.

I thought bases added via QR codes were automatically favorite?

JoeM86

It has been announced that a new distribution is to hit the Pokémon Centers in Japan. From January 17th 2015 to March 1st 2015, you will be able to receive a random Egg Pokémon. You can receive one of these eggs each week and the Pokémon within the egg is chosen at random. The Pokémon received is the base form of one of 5 of the new Mega Evolutions in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and thus will give you a Carvanha, Numel, Swablu, Bagon or Ralts. These distributions can only be sent to Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Muku

It has been announced that a new distribution is to hit the Pokémon Centers in Japan. From January 17th 2015 to March 1st 2015, you will be able to receive a random Egg Pokémon. You can receive one of these eggs each week and the Pokémon within the egg is chosen at random. The Pokémon received is the base form of one of 5 of the new Mega Evolutions in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and thus will give you a Carvanha, Numel, Swablu, Bagon or Ralts. These distributions can only be sent to Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

That's interesting. Little lackluster, but wonder if there is anything to them.

alvmew

I can trade you a meloetta (if you still need it) for that shiny Latias (if you still have it).

magnetic

This is my third Pokemon game, after finishing X and playing a bit of Black, and man, these games are just as entertaining as the first time I tried them.

I´m coming to Pokemon very late (I´m in my early 30s already), and even without any nostalgia from my youth I find them incredibly enjoyable.

I´m also stunned on how many levels people enjoy them. I stumbled across some guy hunting for shinies on YouTube some years ago, just a dude running three GBAs side by side, pushing buttons mechanically, and then suddenly screaming in a fit of elation when he got a slightly differently colored pony Pokemon.

Then there´s the endless walls of text on stuff like Smogon.com, super in-depth terms and discussions, which reminds me a lot of fighting game stuff like "frame data" or whatever. I just look at some of these articles and have absolutely no idea what´s going on - but this type of really in-depth gameplay analysis still fascinates me a lot.

I personally enjoy these games for checking out Pokemon designs (I mean, who DOESN´T love Spinda?), trying to get a feeling for strengths and weaknesses (it´s so nice to have an RPG that doesn´t just have fire/ice/volt and maybe light/dark) - basically just discovering these games and experimenting.

I´m also suprised how great the combat feels, despite having so seemlingly few options - it gets really deep really quickly. I used to think it´s mostly just rock-paper-scissors - man, how wrong I´ve been.

I´m trying to think of another series that has an even remotely comparable broad appeal to both the super casual and the extreme hardcore - maybe Smash Bros, but not quite.

This is my third Pokemon game, after finishing X and playing a bit of Black, and man, these games are just as entertaining as the first time I tried them.

I´m coming to Pokemon very late (I´m in my early 30s already), and even without any nostalgia from my youth I find them incredibly enjoyable.

I´m also stunned on how many levels people enjoy them. I stumbled across some guy hunting for shinies on YouTube some years ago, just a dude running three GBAs side by side, pushing buttons mechanically, and then suddenly screaming in a fit of elation when he got a slightly differently colored pony Pokemon.

Then there´s the endless walls of text on stuff like Smogon.com, super in-depth terms and discussions, which reminds me a lot of fighting game stuff like "frame data" or whatever. I just look at some of these articles and have absolutely no idea what´s going on - but this type of really in-depth gameplay analysis still fascinates me a lot.

I personally enjoy these games for checking out Pokemon designs (I mean, who DOESN´T love Spinda?), trying to get a feeling for strengths and weaknesses (it´s so nice to have an RPG that doesn´t just have fire/ice/volt and maybe light/dark) - basically just discovering these games and experimenting.

I´m trying to think of another series that has an even remotely comparable broad appeal to both the super casual and the extreme hardcore - maybe Smash Bros, but not quite.

Yeah, nothing is like Pokemon. There are those who enjoy the single player, there are those who enjoy casual battling, there are those who enjoy competitive battling, there are those who enjoy breeding, there are those that enjoy shiny hunting, there are those who enjoy collecting, there are those who enjoy the battle facilities, there are just so many things different people love about the games and it's awesome. Also the cool think about competitive battling is that there are so many different kinds, Singles and Doubles use completely different strategies for instance and are almost like different games.

Slightly related, but I've been wanting to do a living Pokedex since Platinum but never got around to it, yesterday I started and it's surprisingly fun.

Slightly related, but I've been wanting to do a living Pokedex since Platinum but never got around to it, yesterday I started and it's surprisingly fun.

I'm doing the same, and it is really fun, though I have a long, long way to go. First goal is a living National Dex, but even that I'm about 100 shy on. I think I'll see if I can fill in some of those holes over lunch today.

On the topic of rapidly leveling, is there a central place I can grab another 5 or 6 Blissey bases from, or do I just have to hunt one by one on Google?

I'm doing the same, and it is really fun, though I have a long, long way to go. First goal is a living National Dex, but even that I'm about 100 shy on. I think I'll see if I can fill in some of those holes over lunch today.

On the topic of rapidly leveling, is there a central place I can grab another 5 or 6 Blissey bases from, or do I just have to hunt one by one on Google?

There is something awesome about seeing a box with Pokemon side by side by their number with no gaps. Even box 1, which is just Bulbasaur to Nidorina is awesome to look at, though I am thinking maybe I should rearange it a bit so that Pokemon like Pichu are next to their evolutionary relatives, not sure though.

Toxi

Banned
Cards from the first ORAS set are being revealed as it just got released (or is leaking, can't remember) in Japan:
That Excadrill seems pretty sweet; one energy to attach two energy to itself and do 50 damage, three energy to do 50 twice. With Muscle Band, the damage shoots up to 140 total per turn.

That Excadrill seems pretty sweet; one energy to attach two energy to itself and do 50 damage, three energy to do 50 twice. With Muscle Band, the damage shoots up to 140 total per turn.

Three energy...to do 50 damage twice...

I know it's been a long time since I played, but holy crap. When I actively played, base set Charizard's 4 fire, discard two to deal 100 damage was still an amazing attack.

There are two images floating around the Internet. One of Secret Meadow and the other Secret Shore. Someone did a google plus link to both.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792672-pokemon-alpha-sapphire/70784612 said:
This link is for 6 all Blissey bases on Secret Shore: https://plus.google.com/106404913615929340538/posts/J9SoQfM2vyf

This link is for 6 all Blissey bases on Secret Meadow: https://plus.google.com/106404913615929340538/posts/LFq9YA2BHFw
Remember to download the images as the version displayed on the webpage doesn't have high enough resolution to make the QR codes readable.

The shore one originated at the credited Facebook page and the Meadow one spread round twitter a few weeks ago.

Another thing to note is the QR reader doesn't have the best error messages. If you have 30 bases (the max) it will claim your favorites are full (15 is the max here, any codes scanned by QR are favorites by default) which can confusing when they are not.

DaBoss

The way they implemented secret base teams is terrible. I have no clue at all at how they update the teams. It just updated to a team when I wasn't near a secret base at all, I was on Battle Resort breeding.

It should just let you set a team and you would have the option to change it on the PC instead of what ever they are doing here.

The way they implemented secret base teams is terrible. I have no clue at all at how they update the teams. It just updated to a team when I wasn't near a secret base at all, I was on Battle Resort breeding.

It should just let you set a team and you would have the option to change it on the PC instead of what ever they are doing here.
When you sync to the Global Link it uses whatever is in your party.

Delta Episode finished. The Rayquaza I got was adamant nature, with apparently around 30/31 in Attack, Defense and Special Defense... But a 0 in speed. :lol

Oh well, at least I got my Shiny beauty incoming from the Pokébank now. Too bad that one's Hasty, though. Not that it really matters. :lol

Top Bottom