• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Ok so I think there is something going wrong with my 3DS, first it went from lines on the bottom screen to generally looking washed out.

The way they implemented secret base teams is terrible. I have no clue at all at how they update the teams. It just updated to a team when I wasn't near a secret base at all, I was on Battle Resort breeding.

It should just let you set a team and you would have the option to change it on the PC instead of what ever they are doing here.

Only time the team matters if when you're giving a code out. The QR code has all the info on it so even if you change teams it won't matter. The team updates only really count towards with passersby

So if you want others to have your base as a blissey base only give out the code that you generate when you have blisseys

DaBoss

When you sync to the Global Link it uses whatever is in your party.
That's stupid. So I have to Game Sync with 3 Blisseys holding Toxic Orbs on my team every time...
Only time the team matters if when you're giving a code out. The QR code has all the info on it so even if you change teams it won't matter. The team updates only really count towards with passersby

So if you want others to have your base as a blissey base only give out the code that you generate when you have blisseys
Bases in your Favorites List updates when you connect online.

18-Volt

tVa47PW.jpg

Phew. After 18 chain. Finally.

Just imported the entirety of my Pokémon X boxes to ORAS. Gonna take some time to sort them all out. :lol Gonna try and build a living dex, while I'm at it.

Want to build a group of some decent Nature/IV starters to put in the Bank/send over to my restarted game of X, first and foremost. I'm gonna need to get my hands on a Destiny knot, first.

That's stupid. So I have to Game Sync with 3 Blisseys holding Toxic Orbs on my team every time...

Bases in your Favorites List updates when you connect online.

Favorites in friends / from passerby update. If it's QR code it doesn't

I have Joe's serebii base with a gold flag even though he's already a platinum just cause I QR'd his older base.

Just imported the entirety of my Pokémon X boxes to ORAS. Gonna take some time to sort them all out. :lol Gonna try and build a living dex, while I'm at it.

Want to build a group of some decent Nature/IV starters to put in the Bank/send over to my restarted game of X, first and foremost. I'm gonna need to get my hands on a Destiny knot, first.

If you REALLY need a destiny knot I got like 5 sitting around doing nothing from all the contests I did.

Good luck. You can only get it as a contest reward, or a reward from a trainer rematch or from lv 50+ pick up

DaBoss

Only if they're in your Friends List. That's how i think it works at least.

I have Joe's serebii base with a gold flag even though he's already a platinum just cause I QR'd his older base.
Oh, okay, thanks guys.

I just want everyone (people on my friends list and passerbys) to be able to use my base to grind lol.

I guess I'll just turn off auto-game sync when saving and just do game syncs manually.

I wish I could find more GAF members to put on my current list, in X/Y I added a crapload of people because of the Friend Safaris, now that is thankfully gone so I can delete most people and get only the good guys (and girls) in.

Azuran

Banned
Phew. After 18 chain. Finally.

Please tell me you got your national dex. Those question marks are irrationally annoying me.

Congrats!

If you REALLY need a destiny knot I got like 5 sitting around doing nothing from all the contests I did.

I'll gladly take one because I can't bring myself to do contests which also means I'm too lazy to pull my other 3DS and trade the one I have from X

There's a trainer rematch against a couple in Sea Mauville that has a 10% chance of giving you a Destiny Knot.

If you turn the animations off then contests are really quick, though, and they're a complete joke before Lisia starts showing up, too.

Since I'm pretty sure there's still a lot of people playing XY, the GTS is still probably full of people trying to get all vivillon patterns. You can probably still get anything for a scatterbug on the GTS.

SeZMehK

A quick question. Does the game freeze for a second when you heal your pokemon at the center? For example, after your 6 pokemon are healed and before they are taken off the tray, the game freezes for a second. It has been like this for me since day one. I also have a half second freeze when I save as well. Does any one else have this problem?

Growlie19

I thought I was gonna have a hard time getting a Destiny Knot, but my Pickup team found one immediately after we began farming for items. I even got a second one a few days later! Oddly, I never got one doing contests....

I thought I was gonna have a hard time getting a Destiny Knot, but my Pickup team found one immediately after we began farming for items. I even got a second one a few days later! Oddly, I never got one doing contests....

It only comes from master rank and not guaranteed like other means of getting the knot. Only reason why I ended up with so many is due to doing all master rank contests for 5 pokemon lol.

Impala26

Since I'm pretty sure there's still a lot of people playing XY, the GTS is still probably full of people trying to get all vivillon patterns. You can probably still get anything for a scatterbug on the GTS.

Damn... thanks for reminding me I've not gotten all of them... :-/

It's that time again....796 and shiny sailor moon decends from hyper space. :D

Not sure what ball to use...

Heal Ball

Cool. Just send me a trade request when you're set :)

Edit: Thanks a lot for the knot! Sorry for the lol Finneon but I forgot I haven't bothered to transfer most of my good Pokemon to this version yet ><

Thats fine, didn't expect anything decent in return for the knot anyways.

ffdgh

Heal Ball

Thats fine, didn't expect anything decent in return for the knot anyways.

And heal ball ends the battle! Dang thing put up a fight to not stay in her pokeball unlike the first 3. Huzzah for my synchronizer working.

Surprisingly great ivs too.

Sigh, I'm thinking about going for the National Dex to help my chances with the Shiny Charm. Not a living dex, just the national one.

All my luck went down the drain with that sub-20 (
I think
) SR glass cannon Latios shiny.

Boogiepop

Finally wrestled down Smash Bros yesterday, freeing up the time I needed to finish this and do Episode Delta this morning. Really liked the main/post game stuff (though, cool as the visual upgrade may have been, Sky Pillar got a SERIOUS downgrade in terms of complexity based on how I remember it). Seriously awesome to hear the Deoxys theme in the actual game, plus that was an awesome scenario. Would've blown my young mind had that happened back when I played the originals. Though yeah, I at least knew enough to soften the blow, but Battle Resort that taunts you about the Battle Frontier seriously stings and is super lame. Didn't have it spoiled enough to know they didn't even bother remaking the tower and just copy/pasted the Maison though, geez.

Also, a quick glance at Serebii makes it look like pretty much all Mega Stones are available in both versions, even the ones that used to be exclusive? If so, that's pretty nice at least, since it was a pain the few times I tried getting a hold of one I couldn't get in game. Also, with those "hey, legendary Pokemon pop out of these holes" places, those are definitely one per Pokemon, yeah? I probably won't mess with them right now either way, but I DEFINITELY don't want to deal with the ones I'd want good natures/IVs for until I'm ready for some resetting and all that.

Such a shame ORAS Weather trio and deoxys are shiny locked. Would have loved to have them. :(

I brought Willy (shiny Kyogre) and Shenlong (shiny Rayquaza) all the way from R/S/E. And at the moment I'm trying for another shiny Kyogre at HG.

Groudon is the one missing, and will be for quite some time I guess.

I still remember the funny jokes when I was a kid playing Ruby. "Do you want to see my Willy?" "WHAT? ARE YOU INSANE?" "Chill, it is just my shiny Kyogre"

Top Bottom