• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

ffdgh

You are insanely lucky. That's three you've gotten while I've been SRing Raikou?

I'm still going with Raikou lol. I refuse to give up until I get it.

You're gonna get it! I think I'll go for the other 2 gerbils now...later since having to soar to dialga is too time consuming. >_<

It's real.

00163.png

Video too (didn't get the start because of obvious reasons.)

Impala26

Can anyone provide me a link/guide to cloning in X&Y (ORAS maybe?) post the v1.3 patch?

I'd love to hook folks up with some legendaries, event legendaries, and 6IV JPN dittos to those who might be looking for them.

:-D

what do you guys think about this IV spread for this timid latias?

20-23 / 20-23 / 30-31 / 30-31 / 30-31 / 27-29

I'm not sure if I should keep resetting or not

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Playing through ORAS makes me think once more Gen III is the best expansion to the series, Pokemon-wise. Personally it's my favorite set even more than Gen 1, but I'm not brave enough to say that as an objective fact haha.

A nice amount of new Pokemon, not too few, not too many, and only 2 related to previous Pokemon, a solid set of Starters (the best for me), the best Legendaries imo, lots of fun new Type combinations like Water/Grass, Dark/Ghost, Fighting/Psychic, and Fire/Ground, some rather fun designs that aren't too simple, but not too complex, and a bunch of creatures/ideas that were cool to see used like a hyena, a sloth, a pelican, a cicada, a sumo wrestler, an easter island head, fireflies, a shark, a whale, a camel, a jomon spaceman, etc.

Only Gen III Pokemon I really don't care for are Masquerain (ruined a unique type combo in Surskit), Skitty and Delcatty (boring cats). Oh, and the lack of Fire Pokemon is a bit disappointing, but every Gen has a Type they skimp out on, and Gen III did a good job with the underused at the time Dark, Steel, Fighting, Dragon, and Ghost-types. I have a ton of favorites from this Gen though like Grovyle, Hariyama, Medicham, Torkoal, Seviper, Glalie, and Rayquaza.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
For some reason I thought the Evil Team was reverse of the Mascot Legendary, so I got Alpha Sapphire in expectation of fighting Team Magma. :<

I thought you awakened the Box Legendary to fight the other Legendary that evil team awakened, guess I remembered wrong.

Guys, I've been thinking about farming about 10 Destiny Knots and distributing them here for PokemonGAF members as a christmas gift, but I think that by the time that I reach 10 everybody will already have theirs.

Should I do it?

MicH

Guys, I've been thinking about farming about 10 Destiny Knots and distributing them here for PokemonGAF members as a christmas gift, but I think that by the time that I reach 10 everybody will already have theirs.

Should I do it?
I can contribute 2 or 3 if needed

Nah, don't worry about it, I thought about doing it so I can grind something useful for once. I'm getting tired of SRing and getting nothing in return, so instead of getting mad I'll distribute some happiness.

I'd suggest doing master rank contests. At the least you'll be getting all your pokemon contest star ribbons which are awesome.

Just make sure you talk to your fans else you'll miss freebies.

I'd suggest doing master rank contests. At the least you'll be getting all your pokemon contest star ribbons which are awesome.

Just make sure you talk to your fans else you'll miss freebies.

But then I would have to farm berries to make pokeblocks. How long does it take to get a pokemon contest stat (Beauty, for an example) to the max? A week of planting berries?

Because if I can get it up to master fast, I have a Latios with 3 beauty moves on his moveset (which is a coincidence, since he is my Maison guy).

But then I would have to farm berries to make pokeblocks. How long does it take to get a pokemon contest stat (Beauty, for an example) to the max? A week of planting berries?

Never do single stats. Rainbow pokeblocks go way farther since it's all stats at once for about the same amount. And I've just used the berry field planting just about everything. And what I did is any move I already have a TM/HM for I remove it for a move I'll only use in a contest just to improve chances with specific pokemon. I'd guess something like 50 regular rainbow blocks or like 25 rainbow+ blocks can max out a pokemon.

Never do single stats. Rainbow pokeblocks go way farther since it's all stats at once for about the same amount. And I've just used the berry field planting just about everything. And what I did is any move I already have a TM/HM for I remove it for a move I'll only use in a contest just to improve chances with specific pokemon.

Oh ok, thanks, I'll try to get the Rainbow ones.

Muku

Since I'm pretty sure there's still a lot of people playing XY, the GTS is still probably full of people trying to get all vivillon patterns. You can probably still get anything for a scatterbug on the GTS.

You can pretty much get anything for Scatters on GTS. But I'm honest about ones I put up. I put up 5IVs only (random which one is missing though) and all Timid. Though I can tend to get some of the more difficult ones with Sandstorms a lot easier than Monsoon.

Will be curious when I can get off Southern Island and get far enough into game to start breeding Icy Storms to see how quickly those trade. Going to go with Ocean in OR. Think they'll do both do well.

Dear Pikazard... is that something on display at a PC, or is it something actually for offer?

Never do single stats. Rainbow pokeblocks go way farther since it's all stats at once for about the same amount. And I've just used the berry field planting just about everything. And what I did is any move I already have a TM/HM for I remove it for a move I'll only use in a contest just to improve chances with specific pokemon. I'd guess something like 50 regular rainbow blocks or like 25 rainbow+ blocks can max out a pokemon.
16 Rainbow+ blocks did it for my Manectric.

Protip for others: Use the SE-canceling berries or the secret pal-exclusive berries for maxmium odds of + blocks.

Top Bottom