• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

lupinko

Mqvt5Kql.jpg

Speaking of shinies I nabbed that just now and shiny Mega Tokyo Pikachu.

So that's four NA games xxyor, and five JP games xyorasas. I actually missed a Pikachu but I want to buy Yzardchu Plush and I need to go to the bank anyway. So I'll be heading back shortly.

It's crazy at the PC and it's not even Shiny Jirachi like August!

Muku

Mqvt5Kql.jpg

Speaking of shinies I nabbed that just now and shiny Mega Tokyo Pikachu.

So that's four NA games xxyor, and five JP games xyorasas. I actually missed a Pikachu but I want to buy Yzardchu Plush and I need to go to the bank anyway. So I'll be heading back shortly.

It's crazy at the PC and it's not even Shiny Jirachi like August!

No doubt about crazy. I imagine it's crazy at all of them.

KtSlime

JsR4fVAl.jpg

Got myself an angry plushie, a new strap for my 3DS, a cup with Pikachu causing mayhem, and some New Year's cards. Forgot to bring my copy of Y, so I'll probably go back next week if I have time.

As to the size of the store, it's a bit larger than the one at shinagawa was, but it's really hard to tell cause the store was packed, and I only went to the other store a few times. However none of the stores compare to the original Nihonbashi store. That place was the coolest.

one_kill

JsR4fVAl.jpg

Got myself an angry plushie, a new strap for my 3DS, a cup with Pikachu causing mayhem, and some New Year's cards. Forgot to bring my copy of Y, so I'll probably go back next week if I have time.

As to the size of the store, it's a bit larger than the one at shinagawa was, but it's really hard to tell cause the store was packed, and I only went to the other store a few times. However none of the stores compare to the original Nihonbashi store. That place was the coolest.
I'm going to hunt that plushie down
I need to have it!

Tiamant

My quest to obtain a destiny knot continues.

So I went through E4 again and went back to Sea Mauville to rematch the love couple but trainer's eye doesn't allow me to. Don't tell me I have to go AGAIN to fight the E4...

5PIgjRFl.jpg

Cleared!

Also finished Delta episode. That was kind of lacking. Just a lot of flying to different places to talk to people. The actual lore stuff was alright though, if not a little goofy.

Other thoughts, how lame is it that Magma/Aqua still uses the same damn Pokemon even after the CLIMATE SHIFT?

Not being able to save before taking out Deoxys is ultra lame too. I don't really care for soft resetting so I guess I'm stuck with Brave Rayquaza and Adamant Deoxys.

Also the Battle Resort...The layout is great for breeding. But that statue of the Battle Tower is just insulting. So is the Pike Queen and Scott references.

Honestly, this is no where close to being a satisfactory post game or a good replacement for the Battle Frontier.

One other thing!

The credits...are FANTASTIC!

I love them showing your journey throughout the region and showing which one of your Pokemon defeated each of the bosses' final Pokemon.

It's a nice bit of personalisation and showing how your journey is uniquely yours.

What would have made it perfect though?
character customisation

lupinko

JsR4fVAl.jpg

I went with the bigger Jolly one. I might want that Adamant now. Did your store also have the Hanafuda cards? I'm tempted and same goes for Plusle and Minun although those are old now.

sZCVQB0l.jpg

KtSlime

I went with the bigger Jolly one. I might want that Adamant now. Did your store also have the Hanafuda cards? I'm tempted and same goes for Plusle and Minun although those are old now.

sZCVQB0l.jpg

I didn't see the Hanafuda, but I think they were there probably near the tenugui. The place was so crowded though I couldn't have a thorough look.

I think I will go back and pick up the dedenne kagami mochi plushie. That thing was just too cute, but didn't have enough cash on hand.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2014/10/141024_p02.html?i001=news

At the bottom. Perfect for New Year's.

Mush

jF6nQFB.png

Only took me like 3 weeks...

srA8pXZl.jpg

Also picked up one of these Altaria Pokemon Centre keychains off eBay, might grab a plush as well when I can afford it.

One other thing!

The credits...are FANTASTIC!

I love them showing your journey throughout the region and showing which one of your Pokemon defeated each of the bosses' final Pokemon.

It's a nice bit of personalisation and showing how your journey is uniquely yours.

What would have made it perfect though?
character customisation

I was particulary fond of this shot.

Macka

Do the same credits roll after beating the Elite Four again? Like the same as the first time with the team you used throughout the main game?

Toxi

Banned
Other thoughts, how lame is it that Magma/Aqua still uses the same damn Pokemon even after the CLIMATE SHIFT?
The weird part is, Emerald gave the teams Baltoy and Wailmer. Why on Earth weren't those in ORAS?

There are so many Water, Ground, and Fire Pokemon in Hoenn. It's inexplicable that Aqua and Magma got stuck with only four evolution lines.
Not being able to save before taking out Deoxys is ultra lame too. I don't really care for soft resetting so I guess I'm stuck with Brave Rayquaza and Adamant Deoxys.
You can KO Deoxys to fight it again later at the top of the Sky Pillar.

MicH

I'm at 800 flags now. It's going a bit slow at the moment because no one hardly ever gives flags. I get 15 at most now and that's quite rare.

Still no shiny Reshiram either :(

You're supposed to just OHKO Deoxys and then go back for it later. I don't see the issue here, really.

EDIT: Well, except they don't really explain that.

upandaway

Just started playing finally. What trickery in the first few seconds of gameplay! I almost thought they didn't enhance anything and I was just playing the original game!

Also am I just seeing things, or did they frame the footprints of a Pokemon on the wall in my house? And it looks like really scary prints too.

Azuran

Banned
The Champ is here!

tEi0jBy.png

Also, all I got from the ending and intro to Delta episode is that
Brendan x May is as canon as it gets

Seil

The Champ is here!

tEi0jBy.png

Also, all I got from the ending and intro to Delta episode is that
Brendan x May is as canon as it gets

What I got from it was
Brendan's a creepy stalker dude and the parents are stupid for pushing him on May =p

For all the dreading of this it didn't go badly:
#243 Raikou [Timid]
IVs: 20, 21 / 6, 7 / 28 / 31 / 31 / 31
Before anyone asks it is hidden power Ice.

Again I'd like to postulate the synchonise time theory as this syncd every catched attempt while Suicune only did so about 1/5 of the time. I suppose in Suicunes case it was harder to throw out failed attempts (I scouted Raikou for speed so that means you've got a +speed nature and 30/31 right there for it to even get past turn 1) so it could just be bias from that.

It is also really nice that the portal time window appears to only be when you can land in the location (for those that don't know the GSC trio are 20 minute windows) and doesn't apply once you are there (I was expecting the portal to be shut for the 40 minutes). I guess the pixies are the same.

Firestorm

It's really cool to see the effects of crowdsourcing with regards to soft-resetting for Pokemon. Lots of people trying for a similar thing until one of their friends gets it and then going for another build instead (especially Cresselia). Mostly because cloning means if one person gets it, others can grab it. A really nice way of people playing together while not actually playing together.

JoeM86

It's really cool to see the effects of crowdsourcing with regards to soft-resetting for Pokemon. Lots of people trying for a similar thing until one of their friends gets it and then going for another build instead (especially Cresselia). Mostly because cloning means if one person gets it, others can grab it. A really nice way of people playing together while not actually playing together.

Are you advocating the use of cloning?

Crayolan

So I've been listening to this video while I do work this week and it just finished while I was doing a take-home final. Zinnia's theme is too goddamn good, I think it might be my new favorite next to Colress's theme
and now we're never gonna hear it again ;~;

You're supposed to just OHKO Deoxys and then go back for it later. I don't see the issue here, really.

EDIT: Well, except they don't really explain that.
Ah. Oh well. What's done is done, truth be told, it's not as though I'll have a lot of use for the legendaries besides Pokedex completion.

I was particulary fond of this shot.
That's awesome dude! Mine was Mega Sceptile vs Mega Metagross. He almost got me with Giga Impact but Sceptile came through with Earthquake.

The weird part is, Emerald gave the teams Baltoy and Wailmer. Why on Earth weren't those in ORAS?

There are so many Water, Ground, and Fire Pokemon in Hoenn. It's inexplicable that Aqua and Magma got stuck with only four evolution lines.

You can KO Deoxys to fight it again later
More reasons why Emerald is awesome.

Do the same credits roll after beating the Elite Four again? Like the same as the first time with the team you used throughout the main game?
I'd like to know this as well. Plan to beat them to get the other Birch starters with themed teams and I wonder if Typhlosion or Infernape or Samurott or Charizard X will show up in the last shot

What if he was? Is that a problem?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I hate cloning; devalues Pokemon collecting and shifts all the power in favor of the cloners.
My brother has the ability to clone and I call hax on him at every chance I can. I'm somewhat glad that he still has a brain to SR for legit shinies.

JoeM86

Cloning has it's benifits...scammers aside. I enjoy having a shiny evolution family for my dex. :D

That's fair, if for personal collection purposes.

The issue I have with it is if it's for Pokémon that will be used competitively.

Pokémon isn't just about the destination, it's the journey. To show off your Pokémon that you caught and raised. To show that you know how to raise them right, to get the best combination. Only then can you truly be a champion.

I get people want perfect IVs with the right nature, but that's really more indicative of the horrors of how IVs have been abused since hacking became dominant in Gen IV, causing more and more people to hack or RNG in order to "keep up" with the others who did it. I know many competitive players who, last gen, hated that they had to RNG in order to be in with a chance.

Plus, as HawthorneKitty said, it devalues Pokémon. Trades are useless if you're just going to send out clones. I so often see people on twitch doing giveaways of boxes full of the same high IV'd shiny Pokémon. It's horrific.

Hell, if it were up to me, I'd make it so for official competitions, you have to use Pokémon with your ID no., even if that is overkill and locks out some perfectly valid event Pokémon.

ALM5252

That's fair, if for personal collection purposes.

The issue I have with it is if it's for Pokémon that will be used competitively.

Pokémon isn't just about the destination, it's the journey. To show off your Pokémon that you caught and raised. To show that you know how to raise them right, to get the best combination. Only then can you truly be a champion.

I get people want perfect IVs with the right nature, but that's really more indicative of the horrors of how IVs have been abused since hacking became dominant in Gen IV, causing more and more people to hack or RNG in order to "keep up" with the others who did it. I know many competitive players who, last gen, hated that they had to RNG in order to be in with a chance.

Plus, as HawthorneKitty said, it devalues Pokémon. Trades are useless if you're just going to send out clones. I so often see people on twitch doing giveaways of boxes full of the same high IV'd shiny Pokémon. It's horrific.

Hell, if it were up to me, I'd make it so for official competitions, you have to use Pokémon with your ID no., even if that is overkill and locks out some perfectly valid event Pokémon.

I dont particularly mind the last thing for competitions, but I clone sometimes for my friends. Like I clone the exclusive legendaries for us or a shiny pokemon I come across. Other than that I don't bother. I hardly bother with IVs and natures. I use whatever Pokemon I want. Only in Y did I have a "competitive" team. It was alright, but not my thing. Didn't have any connection to them.

JoeM86

Then what if you have multiple copies? Or if you bred heavily on XY and want to use them in ORAS?

Yeah, that's another thing stopping the ID thing. I just feel the idea of cloning so that everyone literally has the same Pokémon is horrible, especially if you're competing. Pokémon isn't just about the battles.

DaBoss

More like indicative the horrors of the terrible system for competitive Pokemon that is known as IVs.

ffdgh

Yeah, that's another thing stopping the ID thing. I just feel the idea of cloning so that everyone literally has the same Pokémon is horrible, especially if you're competing. Pokémon isn't just about the battles.

I can respect that. Quick question Joe. What's you're stance on 6iv ditto clones for breeding?

JoeM86

More like indicative the horrors of the terrible system for competitive Pokemon that is known as IVs.

Na. Not really.

We were never meant to have max IVs. It's literally a 1 in 1,073,741,824 chance. We were meant to make do with what we could get as they are the genetics of the Pokémon, with the ability to pass a stat or two down. But you could never pass them all down from parents to get a chain to get 5 or 6 max IVs.

Then, hacking became common through various tools & exploits. As such, people went for the absolute perfect Pokémon, or as close to perfect as possible with the Hidden Power you wanted.

Since then, Game Freak have gone about and done many things to make it easier for us to have max IVs, to capitulate and to try to prevent people from using such devices and exploits.
  • More IVs passing when breeding naturally
  • An item to allow for 5 of the 12 IVs of the parents to pass
  • Friend Safari giving 2 guaranteed max IVs
  • Pokémon in the No Eggs egg group getting 3 guaranteed max IVs
  • Various other methods of getting them such as DexNav

Seems to me, with DexNav, that 3 max IVs is the limit of what they're going to give us without us having to work for it. That's fine by me, but it still sucks that the concept for IVs is out of the window thanks to cheaters.

I can respect that. Quick question Joe. What's you're stance on 6iv ditto clones for breeding?

Depends. Was it obtained naturally?

It's sort of a loophole. It makes it legitimately possible with the offspring and it does save time, but as we learned after the Dream Ball fiasco, officially any offspring off of cheated Pokémon are officially classed as cheated so it's not something that should be trumpeted if you do it. I get why people might, but it's not the sort of thing I'd do.

Top Bottom