• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

JoeM86

Can't you trade a Lure Ball to DPPt for Ludi?

Nope. Lure Ball didn't exist in DPt

Wouldn't the Drizzle politoed be possible now? I think Lotad can't be caught in HGSS outside safari zone so that rules it out. But poliwag should be catchable. Then bred in gen 6 with HA parents it should be possible.

Nope. Unless breeding with Ditto, the Hidden Ability only passes from the female. The ball only passes if the parent is female. If breeding a male with a Ditto, it would be in a Poké Ball, regardless of what ball the father or Ditto are in.

So, if you wanted a Drizzle Politoed in a Lure Ball, the mother would have to have the Hidden Ability and be in a Lure Ball. So it's impossible.

Toxi

Banned
Persistence finally paid off.

635Sa8v.jpg

Can't stop the rock.

Macka

Cherish this victory...Congratz. Currently at 922 for this darn saber toothed tiger...
If you get it before me...

Considering I average 70 SR's per hour, and have been trying to get Raikou practically non-stop during my waking hours since the 8th December (in Aus), I'm going to give a low estimate of ~6300 SR's so far. With the shiny charm. Fuck you Raikou.

ffdgh

If you get it before me...

Considering I average 70 SR's per hour, and have been trying to get Raikou practically non-stop during my waking hours since the 8th December (in Aus), I'm going to give a low estimate of ~6300 SR's so far. With the shiny charm. Fuck you Raikou.

I dobut i'll get it before you lol. I get around 110 resets a hour while doing other junk.

Is there a thread on here where I can read more about the whole Dream Ball thing? Sounds interesting.
On GAF, someone probably talked about it in the community threads but I don't think anyone's made a thread about it specifically

You're more likely to find the thread about the kid who was throwing feces in the hallway

MicH

You're welcome :D I'm already back to breeding in this game :lol Already bred Bagons, Swablus and are currently breeding Jolly Ralts. Next up will be those delicious Adaptability Skrelp and then, if I feel like wasting a whole lot of time, I'm gonna try for a shiny HP Grass Numel :eek:

All these shinies make me happy for yall, but a bit sad inside. Day 14 and no end in sight.
Aw man, I feel kinda bad. In that timeframe I've gotten two legendary shinies and a Masuda

Firestorm

Yeah, that's another thing stopping the ID thing. I just feel the idea of cloning so that everyone literally has the same Pokémon is horrible, especially if you're competing. Pokémon isn't just about the battles.
Last time I argued with you about this stupid bullshit you seemed to indicate it was. I listed many ways of differing Pokemon cosmetically without affecting battles so they could retain uniqueness without being detrimental to competitive play but you were adamant that anything like that was "superficial" even though many Pokemon fans pick their favourites based purely on cosmetic reasons and cosmetic features like having a Pokemon follow you around or customizing your trainer are some of the most missed features in the game.

Nobody gives a shit if you, someone who has close to zero tournament experience, requires your Pokemon to have your ID and OT and be absolutely unique and bred to feel connected to it. I used my last team for about two full years with slight modifications. The Slowking and Gastrodon that are core to the team have been together the whole time through. I remember the battles I had with them. I remember my journey with that team. I know the heights that I achieved with that team. They definitely hold a special place in my Pokemon memories. I didn't breed them. Hell, even though I expected to, I didn't even EV them. My friend used to love RNGing and breeding and got me both. They were clones. I gave 'em a new home. I'm very grateful to her for it. That doesn't change how I feel about my Pokemon.

The ridiculousness of your comments is like those who say "YOU SHOULD ONLY PLAY WITH YOUR FAVOURITES."

Hell, if it were up to me, I'd make it so for official competitions, you have to use Pokémon with your ID no., even if that is overkill and locks out some perfectly valid event Pokémon.
Please. You're saying you'd devalue the most core parts of Pokemon according to the creators, trading, to support your idea of what Pokemon is about.

I think VGC 2014 reveals many important notes for myself. Going in, I was all in for rooting for Aaron Cybertron Zhang because I love his Youtube videos and his commentary with battling. He didn't make Top 8 so I was like fuck, who do I root for? Well there was Ryosuke Kosuge who was undefeated in Swiss rounds, but he got knocked out later. Then there was Se Jun Park with the defining feature of Pachirisu. I didn't care who he was, I was rooting for him because of his Pokemon choice. This is a stark contrast to my rooting for Aaron because I liked him as a trainer, but with Se Jun, I rooted for him because of his Pokemon.

I want to celebrate Pokemon in these kinds of events, but there is always a lingering uneasiness since you can't really tell what is hacked so it's really best not to dwell on it. Since XY, it's super easy to get 5IV Pokemon and it sure alleviates some unrest (The info of 0 hatched Pokemon doesn't really help). As I'm typing this, I forgot what I was trying to get across; I'm so tired. I like Pokemon.
Now this is a more interesting discussion than Joe's tired crusade of pushing how he plays the game on everyone else.

I actually think the biggest thing Pokemon has failed to do that I really want them to take more seriously (and after talking to their staff, am confident they want to soon as well), is highlighting the players. You might have noticed Pokemon tweeted a Vine of Aaron during Worlds which was a good first step. With player highlighting you probably would have been cheering for Sejun too. He is by far the hardest working player in the history of the game. He's always online. He is among the top players in every format on Battle Spot. There are others who they could tell the story of too so you can identify with. I am looking forward to seeing what they do.
With legendaries it is still a die by your sword situation. Once you've caught it you better be dead certain on its nature and IVs as there is no second chance and no way to change it. Especially as a lot of competitive team building is trial and error so you will have to change things. At least there are no situations in ORAS like there was in XY of "sorry you didn't pick the right starter, no Zapdos for you".

So from a competitive standpoint allowing legendaries at all makes teams as stale as Garchomp favors those with access to multiple copies of the game (so they can have that second chance) or clones (which fulfill a similar purpose). The former was very evident at Worlds from how dubious the on-screen info was (most players had very low numbers eggs hatched, BP earned etc and I even saw who had entered the hall of fame zero times).
Yeah and it's an issue when it comes to Pokemon you might want different versions of. Like I was saying with the crowdsourcing thing, people were going for Calm Cresselia, then Cresselia, then Sassy, and now I think Relaxed? Modest is another nature people might want and who knows what else. When it comes to such versatile Pokemon that can be used in so many ways, it's nice to have different builds and Pokemon makes it really hard to change your team up. One of my complaints and something simulators solve -- but I'm not a fan of sims in general. Would like a middle ground (sort of how MMOs like Guild Wars 2 have concessions for to make PvP more fair without hurting PvE).

I'm sad they never put Randy (R Inanimate) on stream because outside of not getting to see a Canadian on stream, I didn't get to see the reactions to his stats on screen. 20,002 Battle Points baby.

Muku

Has there been any proof that the story lati@s can appear shiny?

Pretty sure someone here stated they got their story Latios shiny. It's just you can't skip the story one to come back later after shiny charm so it's a real pain in the ass.

Aw man, I feel kinda bad. In that timeframe I've gotten two legendary shinies and a Masuda

Yeah, but you've got the shiny charm already, right? Biggest problem with the story one. I'd have shiny charm already if they'd let me just have it now. ><

MicH

I'm pretty sure RyosukeTH got a shiny Latios from the story event

Yeah, but you've got the shiny charm already, right? Biggest problem with the story one. I'd have shiny charm already if they'd let me just have it now. ><
I do, yeah. It definitely helps so it really sucks that you can't get it in time for the story Lati :( Good luck though, I hope you get it VERY soon!

Muku

Thank you guys. Maybe today is the day?
LOL no it's not because Latias will spit on me again.

Dunno what else to sacrifice to the RNG gods though. :(

Summary of getting legendaries with both good IVs and the right HP:

"This is it, right? ...Shit. How about this one? ...Fuck. How about this one? ...Please shoot me."

Macka

I dobut i'll get it before you lol. I get around 110 resets a hour while doing other junk.
Wait...it takes 45 seconds seconds minimum per reset, so the most you should be able to do in an hour is 80. :p

or maybe my 3ds is just really slow?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Whoa, Sea Mauville is trippy~

I wonder who the guy who got the Rhyperior with the Helmet is? Cap'n Sal__ something?

MicH

Wait...it takes 45 seconds seconds minimum per reset, so the most you should be able to do in an hour is 80. :p

or maybe my 3ds is just really slow?
Usually takes 30 seconds for me on a digital copy

Oh, and it's on one of those fancy * new* 3DS XLs :p

So I'm out of the Pokemon loop. Are people who are SR for shiny legendaries just resetting the game over and over again or is there a trick to it? Wouldn't you have to SR possibly thousands of times?

So I'm out of the Pokemon loop. Are people who are SR for shiny legendaries just resetting the game over and over again or is there a trick to it? Wouldn't you have to SR possibly thousands of times?

Yup, they're resetting the game hoping for a shiny and may have to potentially reset thousands of times.

one_kill

Just discovered (or re-discovered) that I can grind gold, equipment, trophies, etc. in Smash by using my amiibo. Now I can focus on SRing for a shiny Kyurem. Watching 8 amiibo fight it out is entertaining as well.

Muku

Which are the worst legendaries to SR for? I'm hoping the one I'm doing now is worst to get it out of way, but I think I remember seeing there was another convo one.

Also, I read recently weather trio are shiny locked? If true, that means the weather trio, Kygore, Groudon, Rayquaza, and Deoxys are all locked then, correct?

MicH

Which are the worst legendaries to SR for? I'm hoping the one I'm doing now is worst to get it out of way, but I think I remember seeing there was another convo one.

Also, I read recently weather trio are shiny locked? If true, that means the weather trio, Kygore, Groudon, Rayquaza, and Deoxys are all locked then, correct?
I believe that's true. Also the story Lati is definitely the worst followed by Palkia/Dialga/Giratina as you have to use the Soar ability every time

one_kill

The worst ones are the ones that you can't battle immediately, such as the Lati@s one because of the story sequence.

I believe that's true. Also the story Lati is definitely the worst following by Palkia/Dialga/Giratina as you have to use the Soar ability every time
Oh yeah, that sounds arduous. I'm just going for a shiny Zekrom and I think it's bad enough to go through the dialogue before battling it. Imagine having to press other buttons <_<

Busaiku

Ever since I got Soar, I never touched Fly again.
Yeah it takes more time, but it so much more fun, plus it frees up a spot for Sweet Scent.

Top Bottom