• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

ZeroX03

Banned
So how does DexNav work? The level appears to be based on the amount of times I've encountered the Pokemon I'm searching for?

Teknoman

Yes, I just got a box of low level pokemons to my Omega Ruby game.

Awesome, thanks. Im gonna go through the game catching and training as I go, then transfer everything else I trained over for the post game / post game online battles.

Anyone think we'll actually be able to have some pre-full evo battles or people challenging each other while we're still progressing through the story?

I miss seeing early level pokemon battles the way they used to occur impromptu back in the link cable days.

I haven't played yet, but I think I'm starting AS. Is there a list of exclusive Pokémon? I ran across an IGN list that had about 8 exclusives per version. Is it really that little?

JoeM86

So how does DexNav work? The level appears to be based on the amount of times I've encountered the Pokemon I'm searching for?

Yep. The higher the Search Level, the more like you are to find a Pokémon with a Hidden Ability, Egg Move, 10 level increase or random hold item (I found a Pelipper with a Lucky Egg)

ZeroX03

Banned
Yep. The higher the Search Level, the more like you are to find a Pokémon with a Hidden Ability, Egg Move, 10 level increase or random hold item (I found a Pelipper with a Lucky Egg)

I got an Egg Move + 10 level Surskit on Route 102 without knowing what I was doing. Confused the hell out of me.

Going to use this to catch Pokemon I like with buffs now though yay.

one_kill

Bought both versions today

I was going to play one version, complete it, transfer all exclusive/rare items to the other version, reset it, farm some Beldum for those getting the game later, then give it to my little brother... but I left my 3DS at my in-laws

No Smash (since I'm in Aus) + no ORAS = sad me :(

injurai

Banned
No, its hold down and a+b on the throw and ball opening animation. Then roll the directional pad when the ball is shaking.

nah you got to counter the shake of the pokemon? Seriously what are you an amateur?

Smell ya later bro!

Dominator

Reading these posts I feel like I've been doing it wrong all my life.

I only hold down B... Either way, it makes me more comfortable when catching Pokemon even if it does absolutely nothing.

yami4ct

Are we talking dumb pokemon catching rituals? Mine has always been just mash on b as fast as possible. I know it does nothing, but the positive mental reinforcement is so strong.

Teknoman

Stefan™;139786924 said:
Super Training has consumed my playtime again. UGH.

Yup that'll happen. Personally i'd just force myself to beat the game or at least get through a good chunk before super training.

Labrys

tumblr_nfdpo0W9dZ1r79ze4o1_500.jpg
Just hatched this little guy, he's in bank and ready to transfer to Alpha Sapphire tomorrow! So excited to use him and eventually see him mega evolve.

Wow this is the slowest eshop download I've ever done. THank god I have Smash to play while I wait. I don't remember X or Smash 3DS taking well over an hour to download...

JoeM86

Wow this is the slowest eshop download I've ever done. THank god I have Smash to play while I wait. I don't remember X or Smash 3DS taking well over an hour to download...

X you have a point, Smash was less than half the size of this though.

Do note the eShop is getting hammered due to both ORAS and Smash U though

X you have a point, Smash was less than half the size of this though.

Do note the eShop is getting hammered due to both ORAS and Smash U though
Yeah, but I figured most people would've preloaded Smash. I'm also downloading via the preorder code/remote install for the first time. I usually download from within the eshop.

Oh well, it's at 80% now!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone else on here order ORAS from Walmart to get the figures? My copies just shipped and apparently I have 3 tracking numbers: 2 from UPS and one from FedEx 0_o

Is it the same for anyone else? Are the figures coming in a separate shipment? >_> I am confused...

ramyeon

Is there a list of version exclusive stuff for this anywhere? Was gonna pass on it for the time being but I'm thinking of grabbing one of them now...

syncyes

Amazon just shipped the copy of Alpha Sapphire I bought for a friend as a birthday present. Still hasn't shipped out my own copy of Omega Ruby.

...so sad ;-;

Hyunashi

Thanks for that! Leaning towards Sapphire. Are Latios/Latias version exclusives too? I seem to recall hearing that Latios was Ruby and Latias was Sapphire.

Yes you are right about the colours. GF are doing this streetpass thing where we can get an Eon Ticket to get the other one but that is totally dependent on where you live I guess.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Woooooowwww, I catch a Zigzagoon and I check on it afterwards and it already had a Potion, must be a good one.

Top Bottom