• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Hyunashi

No mega Flygon and Milotic?

None at this moment... there is some speculation though but only time will tell.
Some people think those 2 + Battle Frontier could be time-locked/coming with a later patch/DLC. There are some post-game quotes that can be interpreted in a few ways.

Crocodile

None at this moment... there is some speculation though but only time will tell.
Some people think those 2 + Battle Frontier could be time-locked/coming with a later patch/DLC. There are some post-game quotes that can be interpreted in a few ways.

There's dialogue that specifically references the possibility of Mega Milotic and Flygon?

Vena

Okay well I have about eight spare Ralts of terrible natures and IVs... if anyone wants them let me know.

Hyunashi

What two items?

These 2 in particular:
Meteorite - A Meteorite that you got at Mt. Chimney. It continues to give off a faint glow and is slightly warm to the touch.
Meteorite - A Meteorite that you got at Mt. Chimney. Some sort of pattern has risen to the surface, and it’s shining with seven colors of light.

The second one especially could link to Milotic. Also Wallace becomes champion post game and his main pokemon is Milotic. I am not sure if anyone has been able to battle him yet though.

Basically its still all speculation atm. Maybe its wishful thinking.

Kinokou

Isn't it common courtesy to comment on whats inside a spoilertag with spoilertags? or is this actually a spoiler tread?

Anyway, if so it will be my first intentionally sought out DLC! Meanwhile I'll have fun with all the other improved dragons.

Just gotta wait until next Friday :\

I finally decided on going for AS and Treeco while trying to do a green color theme with the team.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading Alpha Sapphire right now! Someone please remind me why do I need to go to work now instead of playing all day :(

Looks good that there are no version exclusive stones. Now next week I am tempted to make my fist play a rush to the Pinsir, Manetric and Tyranitar mega evolution stones (as I'm missing these on Y...Mewtwo X and Y too technically).

Yep. The higher the Search Level, the more like you are to find a Pokémon with a Hidden Ability, Egg Move, 10 level increase or random hold item (I found a Pelipper with a Lucky Egg)
Thank god there is a non-Chansey way of getting lucky eggs now, no matter how small those odds might be (I'm expecting pickup leftovers odds).
I only have 6 in Y...lucky eggs that is, not leftovers

Is this some EU thing that they get because their Club Nintendo is way better
Yes but you need to have also registered a 3DS system during the promotional period as well. Given many people already have done that (before the period) or don't have a code to register (its not like America where the system serial # is enough) as they cheaped out and bought used hardware twice (me) it is not the grass is always greener that you think. Also I don't think Australia got the promotion (not to mention parts of Europe where there is no Club Nintendo) and since the game is not out for another week in Europe...
A bit off topic but when do we receive the Club Nintendo free game after registering OR/AS and SSB3DS?
After registration a message about the promo should appear. It will either be a link to the page to claim the game or tell you that you need to register hardware to get the game. Also it is or not and. I wish it was SSB+Pokemon but no it has to be one of those and hardware...

Oh, something to bookmark for the post-game: http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/ev-training-horde-hotspots-pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/

EV Training Hotspots in ORAS
Useful info to know. Moreso once it is confirmed (e.g. location info for defence...is OR inferior being stuck with Duskull horde so no 100% attack horde).

Can we get a Gallade around mid game? cause I want to use one for my playthrough but I need to know that the stone isnt given to you like, after the league, I like my pokemon fully evolved by the seventh gym, just a thing of mine

Can we get a Gallade around mid game? cause I want to use one for my playthrough but I need to know that the stone isnt given to you like, after the league, I like my pokemon fully evolved by the seventh gym, just a thing of mine
You should be able to
super train for a dawn stone (max EVs to unlock the secret super training chain then keep playing those until you unlock "These Long Shots Are No Long Shot" and keep playing them until you get a dawn stone; Pokemon with rapid fire I find good for super training, EVs in Atk/SpA and Spe for damage and movement to dodge), the mega stone is postgame I'm afraid.

You should be able to
super train for a dawn stone (max EVs to unlock the secret super training chain then keep playing those until you unlock "These Long Shots Are No Long Shot" and keep playing them until you get a dawn stone; Pokemon with rapid fire I find good for super training, EVs in Atk/SpA and Spe for damage and movement to dodge), the mega stone is postgame I'm afraid.

Thanks
I wasnt planning on using it as mega on the playthrough, just use it as normal Gallade
I was trying to avoid.super training though, but if it is the only choice the so be it.

Delio

How many blocks does this take up btw. I wanted to do a late night download but it's still telling me I dont have enough space.

lupinko

I just got out of the pokemon center and picked up my preorder and holy shit. I'll post pics when I get home.

Incoming Hoenn Mega Post 56k warning

Pokemon Center ORAS Stuff Pics:

sGQZbQXl.jpg

OuoNY8nl.jpg

ojAYH1Nl.jpg

igKeioMl.jpg

qvibOeFl.jpg

PMswPZil.jpg

My ORAS haul:
4EZPK5pl.jpg

Double Pack:
MnD6jRrl.jpg

A804whDl.jpg

Figures are made by Kaiyodo:
5XoVApml.jpg

Poster things:
o7MxGkil.jpg

ym5tLrgl.jpg

1BqQ5oCl.jpg

MnnTrN3l.jpg

Artbook:
th985LLl.jpg

Hoenn Madness:
TGfZSuvl.jpg

4nnp4DAl.jpg

Edit: Japan got the 100 potions double pack code too? As a European I feel left out now...

Pokemon global link is back up. For battle info XY and ORAS are separate (including the Pokemon usage):
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/xy/
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/
Not much in ORAS yet (as it has only been live for a few hours).

There is also the minecart attraction in the Pokemile shop where you can win balls including the master ball. All non-master ball prize quantities are based on level you play. It is like a really bad version of Nancara crash. Also slightly more skill based than the others (lots of berries=lots of points, always) but no idea if points and ranking mean anything in terms of prizes (they've appeared not to in the past).
Pokemile shop and buying heart scales and rare candies is still the best investment in my eyes

Forkball

You guys do know Smash is out right?

I picked up Sapphire. Can we use Pokemon Bank instantly? What's stopping me from rolling up on the first gym with a Rayquaza?

lupinko

I picked up Sapphire. Can we use Pokemon Bank instantly? What's stopping me from rolling up on the first gym with a Rayquaza?

It doesn't obey you because it's level 70 and your ORAS character is not the OT?

Forkball

It doesn't obey you because it's level 70 and your ORAS character is not the OT?

He can still be there for moral support.

If I knew you could use the PokeBank so early I would have bred some level 1 Pokemon specifically for the story mode. Oh well, I guess that's kind of cheating. Time to go on an adventure with Mudkip, Zigzagoon, and Wurmple...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Not having the badges that make traded Pokemon obey your orders. Though that could make for a pretty fun (and weird) run, I think.

Top Bottom