• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I made a gimmick team before involving Stored Power Espeon. It didn't always work, but when it did, it was super satisfying. I wish I had saved a video of me using it

Dryk

That video makes me want to make a team with Skill Swap/Role Play shenanigans to troll people online

I did want to Masuda a Venomoth!
Not sure when I'll get around to it, my last Masuda made me feel...cautious.
I Masuda'd an Aegislash. Took me weeks and another one in the same batch had 5 perfect IVs (it only has 3). Never again :p

I Masuda'd an Aegislash. Took me weeks and another one in the same batch had 5 perfect IVs (it only has 3). Never again :p

I did the same, but mine ended up with the wrong nature (not wrong per se, but by the time I got the shiny people started using Aegislash in a different way).

Called her Fi, since it was a female.

MicH

I've been pretty lucky with Masudaing. My first Masuda success was a near-perfect shiny Ralts. Second was an HP Fire accidental shiny Roselia. Then less than a week apart I bred a shiny Treecko and Electrike. And a week or two ago I accidentally bred a shiny Bagon. All have been pretty much perfect

That video makes me want to make a team with Skill Swap/Role Play shenanigans to troll people online

That's disheartening, what could have been. :/

Mine is I wanted a Shiny Male Eevee and got a Female instead, still haven't done anything with it...

I wish I had the luck to Masuda any shiny.

Been at this Skarmory for months, even back in X, still no 6IV, still no shiny >_>

I have a box almost full of 6IV female Speed Boost Torchics, and no shiny. Last time I counted I was at 8-10k eggs, no shiny charm though. I might be wrong on a few "k", give or take 1-2k.

I have a box almost full of 6IV female Speed Boost Torchics, and no shiny. Last time I counted I was at 8-10k eggs, no shiny charm though. I might be wrong on a few "k", give or take 1-2k.

I've been using a shiny charm the whole time >_>.

I stopped counting after I wonder traded 8 boxes of them...wonder traded a lot more since but stopped tracking lol.

I've been using a shiny charm the whole time >_>.

I stopped counting after I wonder traded 8 boxes of them...wonder traded a lot more since but stopped tracking lol.

Haha, I wonder traded a lot of Froakies with Protean and Torchics with Speed Boost, mostly the males.

I still remember when I got my first Froakie shiny...with Torrent.

tumblr_ng5a9wZDiu1timq39o2_500.gif

What is this Masuda thing? Breeding until you get a shiny with good IVs?
You guys need perfect dittos with the correct nature, makes breeding easier.
I just happen to have perfect dittos in adamant, modest, timid, jolly, and I few others.

What is this Masuda thing? Breeding until you get a shiny with good IVs?
You guys need perfect dittos with the correct nature, makes breeding easier.
I just happen to have perfect dittos in adamant, modest, timid, jolly, and I few others.

Masuda is breeding with a pokemon from another region of the world (like your pokemon with a pokemon from Japan). The chances of getting a shiny from an egg greatly increases with that method.

Macka

Dogs > Regi's > Birds > Lake Guardians >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Swords of Justice

IMO, obviously. Had to put dogs first because Suicune is just the best to me.
Am I the only person who likes the Swords of Justice? I would certainly rate them higher than the Regis and Lake Guardians :/
This is probably how I'd rate them (though I think Entei is the best of the beasts). I really, really hate the Musketeer trio. Only Terrakion is decent, the other two are utter garbage design-wise.

Golems>>>>>>>>>>Birds>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dogs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kami>>>>>>>Musketeers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lake Guardians

The Regi trio are perfection. The three have distinct design elements and shapes while all fitting together perfectly. Their stats reflect their designs; brutish and club-armed Regirock has high defense and attack, reflective and precise Regice has high special defense and special attack, and the well-armored but small-armed Registeel focuses on defenses. Then you have their bizarre robotic design; no other Pokemon has something as eerie as their blank stares. Finally there's the awesome way you have to find them, a puzzle unlike anything else in Pokemon.

The birds are wonderful and regal. Zapdos is one of my favorite Pokemon and Articuno is beautiful. Moltres is a lame rubber chicken in comparison to the other two, so it brings them down.

The dogs are okay. I find them over-detailed, but I do like the consistency of their cloud things and Entei was awesome in that one movie. Hate roaming legendaries, but that's no longer a problem.

The Kami are way too same-y, but the Therian formes are more different and I like how Tornadus is the first pure Flying type. They're bad, but not that bad.

The Musketeers are butt-ugly. I wish they weren't, because I like their concept (Fighting-type ungulates that use their horns as swords), but they're just so ugly.

The Lake trio are butt-ugly and all look the same and all have the same typing and Jesus Christ who thought up these boring Pokemon. Worst legendaries ever.
Good to see the Musketeers getting the hate they deserve. :p I'd agree that Terakkion is the only one of them that looks anywhere near decent.

The birds are my favourite trio mainly because Zapdos is amazing and one of my favorite Pokemon ever, and Articuno is really good as well. Moltres definitely drags them down a bit (although I think it actually looks a little better in 3D as of XY). Similarly, Raikou and Suicune are both fantastic, but I think the fire type member again lowers the bar set by the other two. Never really liked how Entei looks, but I guess he's still far better than Terakkion.

The Regi's...I loved the way you had to find them in R/S, and their designs are definitely very fitting as ancient guardians...I also like how different they were compared to the previous two Trio's. The Lucario movie also made me like them even more than I did before. The hang up I have with them is that when it comes to Pokemon, I like to imagine how I'd interact with them irl. I honestly don't know how I'd do that with one of these faceless, emotionless husks, or if I'd even want to. They have cool and interesting designs, but they aren't really the kind of Pokemon I'd ever be interested in using.

The Lake trio are just boring. Mew clones with far less cuteness.

I really don't like how the genies look in their standard formes, but the Therian ones are slightly less awful. It's a close contest between this trio and the musketeers for my least favourite tbh.

Macka

My first two shiny Froakie's had Torrent. :'(

The third had Protean, but was 5IV with like 3IV's in Defense...but I couldn't keep going at that point, it had already been like 3000 eggs.

Fi is my mixed 'slash. The shiny and her broodmate are Ghirahim and Ghiraher. They're some of the few Pokemon in my roster that actually have names.

I usually name all my shinies, my combat ready team and my starter team (the one that I use to finish the game). The rest usually depends on the situation (I'm used to playing Wedlockes and Nuzlockes, so I took that aspect from there).

I'll take one if you don't want it :p

I have to do some things today but I'll send you a PM when I'm able, don't worry.

My first two shiny Froakie's had Torrent. :'(

The third had Protean, but was 5IV with like 3IV's in Defense...but I couldn't keep going at that point, it had already been like 3000 eggs.

Damn..

Cobalion and Virizion are awesome. Some of you guys...
I did the same, but mine ended up with the wrong nature (not wrong per se, but by the time I got the shiny people started using Aegislash in a different way).

Called her Fi, since it was a female.
Was it Adamant? Because that nature's actually the one you want for the Battle Maison so you can still use it there as compensation. That or Brave, you want physical.

Gonna start breeding this Sceptile:

Think I'll pair it with Azumarill. Not sure what else. Perhaps Rotom-H.

interesting build

I'm running a Mega Sceptile that looks like this

252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
Dragon Pulse
Leaf Storm
Focus Blast
Protect

I have it paired with a defensive tailwind Suciune just to be sure I outspeed everything.

I also have a Talonflame and Pachirisu on the team for follow me and discharge. I'm liking it so far. Sceptile soaks all those electric moves that threaten Suicune and Talonflame. I'm having trouble with what to put in the last two slots though.

also, I know someone was giving out 6 IV ditto. Do you have any left? I didn't think I would need one, since I own one myself, but now my brother is saying he wants one.

Azuran

Banned
The Musketeers don't bother me at all. I'm especially cool with Virizion. It's the genies that really bug me.

At the end of the day. Gen 5 truly had some terrible looking legendaries. I still can't believe Reshiram came out looking awesome from all of that.

Toxi

Banned
Gen 5 truly had some shitty legendaries. I still can't believe Reshiram came out the way he did.
Gen 5 is my all time favorite in terms of Pokemon, and I still think the legendaries (aside from Genesect) are awful. Gen 4 also had some awful ones.

ffdgh

Haha, I wonder traded a lot of Froakies with Protean and Torchics with Speed Boost, mostly the males.

Please...it took 2 masuda method frogs for me to finally get my shiny one intead of torrent....ugh that was tourture but she serves me quite well. <3

Macka

Nah, everything else was gold.

*hugs Joltik*
Joltik was adorable, I'll give you that.

Nah, there's around ten or so designs I like from Gen V, none of which are top tier favourites. I found a lot of the base form Pokemon I liked (Snivy, Joltik, Scraggy, Tirtouga) had ugly evolutions which made it a little more disappointing. I give them props for the originality and complexity to a lot of the designs, but yeah, very few of them are actually visually appealing to me.

spiritfox

Nah, there's around ten or so designs I like from Gen V, none of which are top tier favourites. I found a lot of the base form Pokemon I liked (Snivy, Joltik, Scraggy, Tirtouga) had ugly evolutions which made it a little more disappointing. I give them props for the originality and complexity to a lot of the designs, but yeah, very few of them are actually visually appealing to me.

It's the opposite for me. I found almost all of them interesting designs, and only found the legendaries ugly. Even stuff like Garbador and Vanillish I felt looked ok. Then you have cool designs like Golurk and Volcarona, and cute designs like Joltik and the Solosis line.

Scrafty is sick, man. No disrespecting the Scrafts.

Azuran

Banned

And you wonder why the RNG gods don't like you.

Macka

It's the opposite for me. I found almost all of them interesting designs, and only found the legendaries ugly. Even stuff like Garbador and Vanillish I felt looked ok. Then you have cool designs like Golurk and Volcarona, and cute designs like Joltik and the Solosis line.
I did find a lot of the designs interesting. For example, Leavanny and Scolipede were a great departure from the mould bug-types usually fall into. I just...don't like them! I respect the originality but the actual design doesn't appeal, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

And then there's stuff like Galvantula and Eelektross, Pokemon based on animals that I had wanted for years...and I just don't like how they turned out. And I like that there's a lot of new and interesting type combinations, especially Volcarona's Bug/Fire...and yet the design does nothing for me whatsoever. I really want to like them!

My favourites from Gen V are Scraggy, Krookodile and Genesect.

I'm just glad I liked a decent majority of the Gen VI 'mons. I was worried that my hate for the Gen V designs was just me being too critical or something but I guess they just weren't my thing. Greninja, Pangoro, Talonflame, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Noivern...I could go on! I have a ton of favourites from Kalos.

Scrafty is sick, man. No disrespecting the Scrafts.
Scraggy is adorable and cool at the same time, but Scrafty's face just looks too goofy for me. Love the concept though - a trouser snake! Such a cool idea.
image.php

To be fair, you clearly really like spiders. :p

Thats the thing with pokemon, what one person doesn't like can be a favorite to another person.

Like I literally hate Krookodile, and Scraggy felt completely uninspired. Yet Chandelure, Lilligant, Whimsicott, and Reinuclus are easily favorites of mine.

I think it also doesn't help that the legendaries and starters felt boring. Only starter line I like in Unova is Snivy/Servine/Serperior.

Thats the thing with pokemon, what one person doesn't like can be a favorite to another person.

Like I literally hate Krookodile, and Scraggy felt completely uninspired. Yet Chandelure, Lilligant, Whimsicott, and Reinuclus are easily favorites of mine.

I think it also doesn't help that the legendaries and starters felt boring. Only starter line I like in Unova is Snivy/Servine/Serperior.
And naturally, my opinion is quite literally the opposite of yours, aside from us both liking Serperior. lol

spiritfox

To be fair Krookdile looks like a penis :p

DaBoss

Masuda method pls.

People say complaining on GAF works.

Speaking of which, how many shinies have you guys seen in ORAS? It is a search option in the pokedex. I have 2 rows full (dont remember the number) with 4-6 of them most likely being mine. Lots of people like to show off their shinies in secret bases.

Bleeether

Yes. One of each legendary available per save file

Gah, now i think i understand why people own both games; one as a permanent file and another as a legendary farming thing... Guess i'm gonna have to buy OR because i really don't want to lose all my items and BP on this file.

ffdgh

Masuda method pls.

People say complaining on GAF works.

Speaking of which, how many shinies have you guys seen in ORAS? It is a search option in the pokedex. I have 2 rows full (dont remember the number) with 4-6 of them most likely being mine. Lots of people like to show off their shinies in secret bases.

Havent seen any wild shiny in oras yet outside of the 5 legends I SR'd for.

Macka

Oh cool, I was wondering if seeing shinies was enough to get them logged in the Pokedex. I have 21 shinies logged in there at the moment, with more to transfer from Y at some point.

My entire list:

Masuda Method (all in Y)
Charizard
Greninja
Umbreon
Ninetales
Absol
Gliscor
Froakie (using in Cool contests)

Soft-Resets (Both in OR)
Ho-oh
Raikou

Random Encounter
Plusle (HeartGold)
Gligar (Y)
Taillow --> Swellow (Omega Ruby)

Friend Safari
Corsola
Sawsbuck
Phantump

Trades
Chandelure
Rhyperior

MicH

Gah, now i think i understand why people own both games; one as a permanent file and another as a legendary farming thing... Guess i'm gonna have to buy OR because i really don't want to lose all my items and BP on this file.
Keep in mind Thundurus is only available in AS

Top Bottom