• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Tiamant

On paper Weavile should be an excellent counter to M-Salamence right? Outspeeds it, can fake-out and then hit hiper hard with icicle crash.

Dark Void Smeargle is a deterrent, not a weapon...or at least that is what nuggetbridge reports from players who have used it said.

That video makes me want to make a team with Skill Swap/Role Play shenanigans to troll people online
It won't work well in Gen VI. Megas can't have skills overwirtten and nor can Aegislash (shame I had fantasies of trapping it in shield form by destroying stance change).

In thinking of trying to run Toxic Spikes, using a Sturdy Forretress to guarantee two layers. Does that have any chance of being useful in casual play, or are there too many poison/steel/flying types running around for it to be worthwhile?

JoeM86

So, this was posted on the Global Link an hour or so ago

【重要】レーティングバトルにおける不正なポケモン使用への対応について
日頃、「ポケモングローバルリンク」をお楽しみいただきありがとうございます。

この度、ランダムマッチレーティングバトルをご利用いただいている一部のユーザーにおきまして、
通常のゲームプレイでは存在しない、不正なポケモンのデータでの参加を確認いたしました。

そのため、該当ユーザーにつきましては、
ランダムマッチレーティングバトルのランキング集計の対象外とする対応をとらせていただきました。

また、確認できました不正なポケモンのデータについては、
レーティングバトルでの使用や、GTSでの交換等ができないよう、対応をさせていただきました。

『ポケットモンスター』シリーズは、他のプレイヤーと通信機能を使って対戦・交換等ができますが、
不正なポケモンを用いて通信を行った場合、相手の方が正常にゲームがプレイできなくなるなどの悪影響を及ぼし、相手に迷惑をかける場合もございます。

今後とも、プレイヤーのみなさまが、安心してお楽しみいただけるよう、不正行為・迷惑行為について
継続的に取り組ませていただきますので、ご協力のほど、よろしくお願いいたします。

Seems they noticed an influx of people using illegal Pokémon in Rating Battles.

From what I can glean (my Japanese is not the best and I've put out messages to all my translators but they're all asleep/inactive), they have taken appropriate action and I think they're improving hack checks in Rating Battles, GTS etc.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So, this was posted on the Global Link an hour or so ago

Seems they noticed an influx of people using illegal Pokémon in Rating Battles.

From what I can glean (my Japanese is not the best and I've put out messages to all my translators but they're all asleep/inactive), they have taken appropriate action and I think they're improving hack checks in Rating Battles, GTS etc.
Good hopefully this means less Sturdy Shedinja

JoeM86

On checking, this was things like shiny blue pentagon Zapdos, blue pentagon Sheer Force Landorus and numerous others which were widespread for a while since ORAS launch.

The stats for these have been reset in the PGL.

Bleeether

On checking, this was things like shiny blue pentagon Zapdos, blue pentagon Sheer Force Landorus and numerous others which were widespread for a while since ORAS launch.

The stats for these have been reset in the PGL.

So basically they are checking for pokemon that have impossible characteristics? Im assuming a shiny version of Zapdos is not obtainable other than hacking it.

What are they doing about people who have pokemon who had stats ivs and evs manipulated with 3rd party hardware/software? From what i understand these hacks create "legal" pokemon with powersaves.

JoeM86

So basically they are checking for pokemon that have impossible characteristics? Im assuming a shiny version of Zapdos is not obtainable other than hacking it.

What are they doing about people who have pokemon who had stats ivs and evs manipulated with 3rd party hardware/software? From what i understand these hacks create "legal" pokemon with powersaves.

If they can detect it, then they will deal with the user as always.

Problem is that some exploits/cheats are undetectable. They detached the PID from IVs etc. so it seems IVs are easier to cheat with as there's no indicator which is the dumbest thing they have ever done. Plus, with things like cloning so everyone in a group has the exact same Cresselia, it's hard to detect too.

I've seen people create legitimate looking Pokémon but then do something so stupid as to brag about Power Saving. Judges at events were on them like a hawk after that.

I don't care if people cheat, hack their IVs EVs, clone etc. unless they intend to play against other people (i.e. not close friends) or in competitions. If you do those things and then try to legitimately compete, it's just wrong and you should be disqualified outright.

It took me around 29 hours worth of encounters, but I finally got my shiny Eon Ticket Latios! It's funny because I went to bed feeing kind of depressed last night, woke up and got it on the second try. I think it's going to be a good day.

rkN0JJw.jpg

Timid nature, IVs are 31/31/31/18/18/31. Special Attack isn't as good as I may have hoped for, but overall, considering it's shiny, I couldn't be happier.

MicH

Jesus Christ, you get 50 BP for beating the Battle Chatelaine at the 50th battle in a row.

Also Mega Salamence is wrecking house. God damn he's powerful

Woah, congrats on that awesome shiny Latios, Matt Attack :D

Hey do you Pokemon peeps have any recommendations for a young player? My 4 year old is getting a 2ds for Xmas and I'm not sure if Pokemon X/Y or Omega would be a better fit. He obviously isn't reading well yet so I'd really like to get him a Pokemon game that isn't super reliant on reading for him to enjoy. Advice/thoughts?

Hey guys, trying to get a Shiny Ponyta. Seriously, who wouldn't want one of these badasses?

And I've been wondering if my method is flawed. Here's what I'm doing:

1) Sat myself in Route 112
2) Saved the game
3) DexNav'd for Ponytas over and over again
4) Save after every encounter
5) If chain is broken or other fuck-ups I re-load

But I wondered, if it says 'Pokemon cannot be found' does that break the chain? Does restarting a save break the chain?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hey do you Pokemon peeps have any recommendations for a young player? My 4 year old is getting a 2ds for Xmas and I'm not sure if Pokemon X/Y or Omega would be a better fit. He obviously isn't reading well yet so I'd really like to get him a Pokemon game that isn't super reliant on reading for him to enjoy. Advice/thoughts?
I think ORAS would be better; there's often less chance to get lost and they often tell you twice where you need to go.

Shizuka

Hey guys, trying to get a Shiny Ponyta. Seriously, who wouldn't want one of these badasses?

2) Saved the game

But I wondered, if it says 'Pokemon cannot be found' does that break the chain? Does restarting a save break the chain?

Doesn't saving break the chain? I'm new to that, but I still think that it breaks.

DaBoss

0. Unless my transferred ones from XY count.
Just any in general as long as it is in the Pokedex. Most of the ones I saw are from battles against Secret Base Trainers.

And only 1 out of the 6 shinies that are mine was caught/seen in ORAS. The rest are from events for Gen 5 and caught in BW2.

spiritfox

Just got a good Buneary with egg moves in a Dream Ball via Wonder Trade. Now I'm wondering if I should ditch my EV trained Buneary for one in a Dream Ball...

Nester

2) Saved the game

Going to embarass myself here, but just DexNav'd one myself a few days ago after around 150 chain! Saving the game probably doesn't break the chain, but quitting out and reloading the save would probably start you completely over again, you wouldn't continue from where you left off when you saved.

Promised the stream I'd react that way when I got it. D:

Having a bit of trouble figuring out a good team. I can combine the Pokémon I really like, but I am then faced with the issue of not having covers for some of the stuff that's out there. Not that I'm intending on playing online, but the Battle Maison alone can get pretty tough.

This is my current team. Assume decent IV/EV spread and correct natures, I've done some breeding/trading. And don't mind the over-abundance of Mega's, I want most to be able to stand on their own without Mega Evolving and make the decision while I'm fighting.

(Mega) Rayquaza: Outrage, Dragon Ascent, Stone Edge, Thunder
(Mega) Salamence: Fire Blast, Hyper Voice, Draco Meteor, Roost
(Mega) Gallade: Drain Punch, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Swords Dance
(Mega) Gardevoir: Psyshock, Moonblast, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball
(Mega) Swampert: Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Hammer Arm
(Mega) Metagross: Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash, Stealth Rock, Earthquake

My main concern is the two dragons and the three psychic types I have. Might switch out Metagross for something else, and perhaps Gardevoir as well. I've been thinking about getting Zoroark, Mega Houndoom, Mega Pidgeot or even Garchomp in.

Rayquaza can't be used for Battle Maison, but his mega form is so awesome (even moreso in Shiny form) that I just can't help having him on my team. I'm just unsure about his moveset. He's a physical attacker, so I went with Stone Edge because I have two other Earthquake users on my team already. Thunder is there mainly because I want a good electric move and the only other one who can learn it is Gardevoir. I could try teaching Thunder Punch to Gallade, but I'm not sure what move I could remove from him.

For Salamence, I'm not so sure about Roost. It's a good move, but I'm currently training a Mega Pidgeot that will have practically the same moveset (Hurricane, Heatwave, U-Turn and Roost) and I'd like Salamence to have one more attacking move instead. Maybe get Dragon Pulse back?

MicH

Anyone have a Damp Mudkip? I want to breed a Swampert to use as a mega :) I'm also looking for a female HA Litleo in a luxury ball, so if anyone has that please let me know :D

Having a bit of trouble figuring out a good team. I can combine the Pokémon I really like, but I am then faced with the issue of not having covers for some of the stuff that's out there. Not that I'm intending on playing online, but the Battle Maison alone can get pretty tough.

This is my current team. Assume decent IV/EV spread and correct natures, I've done some breeding/trading. And don't mind the over-abundance of Mega's, I want most to be able to stand on their own without Mega Evolving and make the decision while I'm fighting.

(Mega) Rayquaza: Outrage, Dragon Ascent, Stone Edge, Thunder
(Mega) Salamence: Fire Blast, Hyper Voice, Draco Meteor, Roost
(Mega) Gallade: Drain Punch, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Swords Dance
(Mega) Gardevoir: Psyshock, Moonblast, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball
(Mega) Swampert: Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Hammer Arm
(Mega) Metagross: Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash, Stealth Rock, Earthquake

My main concern is the two dragons and the three psychic types I have. Might switch out Metagross for something else, and perhaps Gardevoir as well. I've been thinking about getting Zoroark, Mega Houndoom, Mega Pidgeot or even Garchomp in.

Rayquaza can't be used for Battle Maison, but his mega form is so awesome (even moreso in Shiny form) that I just can't help having him on my team. I'm just unsure about his moveset. He's a physical attacker, so I went with Stone Edge because I have two other Earthquake users on my team already. Thunder is there mainly because I want a good electric move and the only other one who can learn it is Gardevoir. I could try teaching Thunder Punch to Gallade, but I'm not sure what move I could remove from him.

There are people who can help you better, but I'll leave my 2 cents here: get Outrage out of Rayquaza ASAP, if you use that online and the opponent has a Fairy type you'll be giving him or her a free turn to switch in.

EDIT: I understand that you're saying about the maison, but what I've said is just a heads up.

There are people who can help you better, but I'll leave my 2 cents here: get Outrage out of Rayquaza ASAP, if you use that online and the opponent has a Fairy type you'll be giving him or her a free turn to switch in.

I might get Dragon Claw on there instead, or any other good alternatives?

I might get Dragon Claw on there instead, or any other good alternatives?

With Dragon Ascent as a STAB move, I've seen people running Ray without a Dragon move, to be honest. I would get something like Extremespeed to take care of a priority attacker, maybe. If you really want a dragon move, then even without the investment I would get Draco Meteor, at least you wouldn't have to switch out because of the -2 SpA, and if you don't have an Adamant Ray I think it would still hit decently.

PS: I'm not an expert, so take it with a grain of salt.

Word. I bred, after a ton of time, a shiny Ponyta. Best little pony ever.
The only thing is that I'm not entirely sure I'd want to evolve it.

Going to embarass myself here, but just DexNav'd one myself a few days ago after around 150 chain! Saving the game probably doesn't break the chain, but quitting out and reloading the save would probably start you completely over again, you wouldn't continue from where you left off when you saved.

Promised the stream I'd react that way when I got it. D:
Oh okay so if saving doesn't but quitting does then there's really no need to save anyway. Congrats on the Shiny and I guess I'll get on it! Cheers.

Yrael

The only thing is that I'm not entirely sure I'd want to evolve it.

Oh okay so if saving doesn't but quitting does then there's really no need to save anyway. Congrats on the Shiny and I guess I'll get on it! Cheers.

Best option - get two shiny Ponytas and evolve one of them. :D

With Dragon Ascent as a STAB move, I've seen people running Ray without a Dragon move, to be honest. I would get something like Extremespeed to take care of a priority attacker, maybe. If you really want a dragon move, then even without the investment I would get Draco Meteor, at least you wouldn't have to switch out because of the -2 SpA, and if you don't have an Adamant Ray I think it would still hit decently.

PS: I'm not an expert, so take it with a grain of salt.

I might get Extremespeed back, then.

And yeah, this Rayquaza is Hasty, 6IV, trainer ID is 'Smogons', probably got RNG'ed to hell and back. Sp.A. is a bit below his Atk, but still higher than most of the other 'Mon I have. Hits everything like a brick wall. Draco Meteor might not be such a bad idea.

Impala26

And yeah, this Rayquaza is Hasty, 6IV, trainer ID is 'Smogons', probably got RNG'ed to hell and back. Sp.A. is a bit below his Atk, but still higher than most of the other 'Mon I have. Hits everything like a brick wall. Draco Meteor might not be such a bad idea.

Haha, what do YOU think? XD

No they totes got that legit... /s

fek

Anyone have a Damp Mudkip? I want to breed a Swampert to use as a mega :) I'm also looking for a female HA Litleo in a luxury ball, so if anyone has that please let me know :D
I can send you the Litleo later tonight if you still need that

SeZMehK

I've got one damp mudkip on my Y. If you wait till later tonight, I can give you one.

MicH

Oh wow, Nurse Joy comments on your trainer card once you get the golden one. That's pretty cool and took me by surprise. She's my fan!

I can send you the Litleo later tonight if you still need that

I've got one damp mudkip on my Y. If you wait till later tonight, I can give you one.
Thank you so much guys, that would help me out immensely! Are you looking for anything in particular?

fek

Thank you so much guys, that would help me out immensely! Are you looking for anything in particular?
I haven't bred much in ORAS yet so if you happen to have any of the new megas with egg moves or luxury ball, that would be nice, otherwise anything is fine.

If they can detect it, then they will deal with the user as always.

Problem is that some exploits/cheats are undetectable. They detached the PID from IVs etc. so it seems IVs are easier to cheat with as there's no indicator which is the dumbest thing they have ever done. Plus, with things like cloning so everyone in a group has the exact same Cresselia, it's hard to detect too.

I've seen people create legitimate looking Pokémon but then do something so stupid as to brag about Power Saving. Judges at events were on them like a hawk after that.

I don't care if people cheat, hack their IVs EVs, clone etc. unless they intend to play against other people (i.e. not close friends) or in competitions. If you do those things and then try to legitimately compete, it's just wrong and you should be disqualified outright.

Did officials ever have PID-IV relation checks? I was under the impression they never had any such advanced checks in place.

IIRC there was an ID like that floating around that had nothing but bad hacks attributed to it.

MicH

I haven't bred much in ORAS yet so if you happen to have any of the new megas with egg moves or luxury ball, that would be nice, otherwise anything is fine.
I have some Hyper Voice Swablu and Adaptability Skrelp with Toxic Spikes - both in luxury ball if you're looking for those

RedShift

Been playing since Gen I, but just completed my first ever regional pokedex. Time to make an awesome base to display the certificate.

Might work on the national dex now and try and get that shiny charm...

JoeM86

Interesting bit from an interview with Masuda & Ohmori that I was just linked to

Each Pokemon does have a value but I don't consider those data as parameters. I prefer to think of them as real, living creatures. It's the same way that if you have a pet and someone else has the same breed of dog, it's a different dog. That way people can play the game and my Pokemon will be different to your Pokemon even if they're the same type.

A comparison would be looking at a datasheet on different dogs and deciding about the data on the different dogs and deciding which one you want based on that data -- that would be soulless.
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-12/11/pokemon-interview

Glad the developers see it the same way I do. That's a more interesting analogy than my human one, at least.

Toxi

Banned
Dark Void Smeargle is a deterrent, not a weapon...or at least that is what nuggetbridge reports from players who have used it said.
Oh fuck

I never ever ever ever ever want to face that

which means I will definitely face that

Better make sure I have a Pokemon with Taunt

Top Bottom