• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I've been enjoying my play through Sapphire, although I've been going slowly juggling it with Dragon Age and Smash Bros. Just hit Lavaridge town.

I imported my livingdex from X for Dexnav/Shiny Charm purposes, which partially failed since I guess I need to finish the main game before getting the National Dex. Oh well. Dexwise, all I'm missing is
- Mew
- Jirachi
- Deoxys
- Arceus
- Victini
- Keldeo
- Meloetta
- Genesect
- Diancie (and the other two that haven't been made available?)

So, event legendaries. Unless it's made available to download over the Internet I've almost never been able to get them. Are any of them available through ORAS? Is it possible to trade for them, being as rare as they are?

Muku

I've been enjoying my play through Sapphire, although I've been going slowly juggling it with Dragon Age and Smash Bros. Just hit Lavaridge town.

I imported my livingdex from X for Dexnav/Shiny Charm purposes, which partially failed since I guess I need to finish the main game before getting the National Dex. Oh well. Dexwise, all I'm missing is
- Mew
- Jirachi
- Deoxys
- Arceus
- Victini
- Keldeo
- Meloetta
- Genesect
- Diancie (and the other two that haven't been made available?)

So, event legendaries. Unless it's made available to download over the Internet I've almost never been able to get them. Are any of them available through ORAS? Is it possible to trade for them, being as rare as they are?

Deoxys is available in ORAS.

which legendaries can't be traded over GTS?

Legendaries that can't be traded over GTS are event ones. Mew, Shaymin, Meloetta, etc. Since Deoxys is no longer an event with ORAS, I imagine it's tradable on GTS now.

The game wouldn't got me my 5V Modest male Oshawott I wanted so I'm settling for this 6V female instead.

...This game is such a troll. I wanted a male for nickname purposes but I'm just going to name this girl "Cassandra" and be done with it. It's just a silly Mega Pidgeot team, anyways. /rant

Azuran

Banned
The game wouldn't got me my 5V Modest male Oshawott I wanted so I'm settling for this 6V female instead.

...This game is such a troll. I wanted a male for nickname purposes but I'm just going to name this girl "Cassandra" and be done with it. It's just a silly Mega Pidgeot team, anyways. /rant

Is there a thing like white people problems for Pokemon?

Kinokou

Doesn't saving break the chain? I'm new to that, but I still think that it breaks.

Saving doesn't break it, but restarting after a save will in my experience.

Man why didn't they add in a Friend Safari? With different Pokemon. I was hoping I'd be able to breed a Treecko in a Nest Ball (or even better - a Friend Ball!) this time around but nooooo. Then again, when do GameFreak make sense? Using the R/S trainer teams as opposed to the Emerald ones, grr.

That would have been so awesome, people could host 6vs6 friend safari tournaments. I guess it still can be done with 4 person doubles, but it would still have been cool.

DaBoss

Gen 7 will be our saviour. Passing down balls from genderless Pokemon will become a thing!

And I'm sure they noticed the amount of people going for specific balls. I thought they knew that Luxury Balls were the best when they gave out a Celebi in a Luxury Ball for Pokemon Bank lol.

Also had my first ORAS Battle Spot match last night. Good to finally battle again.

Macka

Oh god, just saw this and it cracked me up.

wOBPW5l.png

So, I think PokeBank may have deleted some of my Pokemon. I uploaded literally everything except a Magikarp from my Y game, and downloaded it all to AS. However, I cannot find my Gallade anywhere. I've double checked and Y has only the Magikarp, PokeBank only has breeding rejects, and my AS Dex claims I've never caught a Gallade. Any ideas, or is this a known thing that can happen?

MicH

So, I think PokeBank may have deleted some of my Pokemon. I uploaded literally everything except a Magikarp from my Y game, and downloaded it all to AS. However, I cannot find my Gallade anywhere. I've double checked and Y has only the Magikarp, PokeBank only has breeding rejects, and my AS Dex claims I've never caught a Gallade. Any ideas, or is this a known thing that can happen?
Never heard of if happening. Have you checked the party and battle box on your Y?

RedShift

Definitely not in daycare?

You sure you checked your whole bank? Many times people forget they made other box groups and don't check the other groups.

Never heard of if happening. Have you checked the party and battle box on your Y?

Party, yes. Battle Box I might have overlooked, though, since it doesn't show up in the bank interface.

Definitely not in daycare?

I doubt it, but worth a check, thanks.

You sure you checked your whole bank? Many times people forget they made other box groups and don't check the other groups.

Yeah, I'm sure. I actually discovered the ability to make groups when searching for Gallade, before that, I had no idea they existed.

That post on Neoseeker with the counters/checks for the popular pokemons is nice, gotta go make a team with only counters now.

Just kidding.

Some of you may be wondering how to build teams. It's actually really easy. Just do this:
d7c6b27cf3.png

That's how I got half of my Top Cut team last time.

What do u think about Flamethrower on your dragon for steel and grass types
Flamethrower/Fire Blast on Hydreigon is pretty standard, though I have no idea what this guy actually used.

Of course, what I'll actually use is still a secret. ~
I don't even know for sure yet.

Top Bottom