• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Well, my luck had to run out some time. I've attempted breeding a good Axew in X and it didn't work, and it's being just as much of a bitch in AS. :lol

DaBoss

What's the egg for DaBoss? Lol

Edit: Lol, nevermind.
Thanks for that. It was for my friend, he wanted a specific hatch location cause he is weird like that lol.

I have some Pokemon I can give to you in OR if you can come online.

And in other news, I give up on the shiny Pawniard cause I just want to go on Battle Spot now.

MicH

Thanks so much for the Litleo and Mudkip, fek and sez! I hope you can use the Skrelp! (Specs Adaptability Dragalge wrecks lives!)

SeZMehK

Thanks for that. It was for my friend, he wanted a specific hatch location cause he is weird like that lol.

I have some Pokemon I can give to you in OR if you can come online.

And in other news, I give up on the shiny Pawniard cause I just want to go on Battle Spot now.

No problem. I am currently working on a shiny pidgey.

Thanks so much for the Litleo and Mudkip, fek and sez! I hope you can use the Skrelp! (Specs Adaptability Dragalge wrecks lives!)

Looking forward to it. :D No problem.

Someone posted a pikachu clone hall of fame entry that I wish I'd saved now. Anyone remember who it was?

In related news, I'm almost inspired to get a pachirisu now.

Muku

The only thing is that I'm not entirely sure I'd want to evolve it.

I wouldn't. I don't plan to on mine. Who wants that icky gray when blue is more awesome.

Day 18 and I think I'm reaching the point, despite what others say, that I think that Latias can't come out shiny. Yesterday it started getting to the point I didn't even really want to do it while watching stuff. Gotta keep going though...

Don't give up! You''v already been at it for 18 days.

You can't let Shiny Latias win!

I took a break from Pokemon Y after a bunch of no Shiny Tailows. :/

Muku

Don't give up! You''v already been at it for 18 days.

You can't let Shiny Latias win!

I took a break from Pokemon Y after a bunch of no Shiny Tailows. :/

Not giving up. It's been too long to even think of that. But it's a bit depressing. Sure, odds are against me for this without the shiny charm, but that's pretty much my luck with shinies in general. Never having seen one in wild or bred one until X/Y and having played since R/B.. yeah. Not going to let Shiny Latias win despite it hating me. LOL :(

I took a bit of a short break in X after my damn Porygon refused to shine. Still hasn't but after a month of breeding, breeding some other stuff, then going back and breeding for another month with it and still no shine, yeah. I lost faith in that stupid Pokemon. One day I'll go back. One day...

Azuran

Banned
Jolly or Adamant for Medicham? He has Huge Power already so that's making me lean towards more speed, but having even more attack on top of that is so tempting.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Jolly or Adamant for Medicham? He has Huge Power already so that's making me lean towards more speed, but having even more attack on top of that is so tempting.

I went with Adamant, and put a Quick Claw on him when I used him in the old days...but now if you're wanting to use Mega Medicham, Jolly probably.

Man, have fun! Medicham is by far my favorite Pokemon to use. Hi Jump Kick, Psycho Cut, and Ice and Thunder Punch. Just so fun.

Someone posted a pikachu clone hall of fame entry that I wish I'd saved now. Anyone remember who it was?

In related news, I'm almost inspired to get a pachirisu now.

if you said this an hour before I could have given you a 4 or 5 IV Pachirisu, but sadly I wonder traded my box of them away

speaking of wonder trade, I wish GF would make the process more streamlined. Having to save and go in and out of that menu is pretty annoying, especially since I'm trying to wonder trade almost 5 boxes of stuff away :/

I had my first wild shiny encounter in X. A Loudred in the FS. It's not that impressive, and I have bred shinies before, but wow did it catch me off guard. I've never ran into a shiny like that before (I don't even have the shiny charm yet!).

Azuran

Banned
I went with Adamant, and put a Quick Claw on him when I used him in the old days...but now if you're wanting to use Mega Medicham, Jolly probably.

Man, have fun! Medicham is by far my favorite Pokemon to use. Hi Jump Kick, Psycho Cut, and Ice and Thunder Punch. Just so fun.

Yeah, I been planning on breeding one a good one for a while since it looks pretty awesome. I'm on a fighting type mood, so I'll probably breed a couple from each gen just to see what they're like.

Also, this gives me a self excuse to finally breed a majestic Mienshao.

Firestorm

if you said this an hour before I could have given you a 4 or 5 IV Pachirisu, but sadly I wonder traded my box of them away

speaking of wonder trade, I wish GF would make the process more streamlined. Having to save and go in and out of that menu is pretty annoying, especially since I'm trying to wonder trade almost 5 boxes of stuff away :/
I think you can turn off saving before you go online? Check PSS settings. It really is annoying though x.x

Bleeether

Anyone online that could help me evolve my Haunter with a trade back?

All i have is cloned 6 iv ditto with a destiny knot to offer.

Edit: i'll be online for a few hours. Feel free to pm me with your FC

Is there a way to determine if a Porygon Z will have Adaptability or Download based on its ability as a Porygon, or is it random?

I think if it has Trace as a porygon it'll get Adaptability as a porygon-z. Because I don't think it'll lose download if it has it since all the other porygon evolutions has download.

Macka

Man why didn't they add in a Friend Safari? With different Pokemon. I was hoping I'd be able to breed a Treecko in a Nest Ball (or even better - a Friend Ball!) this time around but nooooo. Then again, when do GameFreak make sense? Using the R/S trainer teams as opposed to the Emerald ones, grr.

Bleeether

Man why didn't they add in a Friend Safari? With different Pokemon. I was hoping I'd be able to breed a Treecko in a Nest Ball (or even better - a Friend Ball!) this time around but nooooo. Then again, when do GameFreak make sense? Using the R/S trainer teams as opposed to the Emerald ones, grr.

I believe i have a female treecko in a nest ball if you need one. I'll check when i get back home.

Or at least wild Hoenn starters somewhere so we can DexNav them. :(

Dusk Ball Unburden Treecko is so far away. ;_;

Azuran

Banned
That quicksand on the battle resort is a perfect example of Troll Freak. There's no purpose for it besides making us pay in some way for the quicker breeding.

People were running out of slots? I know I was.

Friend Safaris is obviously a French thing.

I randomly get a shiny Oshawott and it's the only "relatively superior" of the night. lol

I'm really just happy I noticed that it looked different somehow...

So does anyone now if
specific balls still get their multipliers when used to catch certain legendaries? For example, you go underwater to find Lugia in AS, so naturally you'd want to use a dive ball, but that mysterious ring seems to transport you to a place that isn't underwater.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So... what's the best way to get a shiny squirtle? If it helps, I have Y and a squirtle there.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
You gotta complete the National Pokedex minus mythicals. I went the Living Dex route, but just doing a ton of tradebacks is quicker.

I would have to do this in Y I guess since I haven't started my sapphire copy. Is it hard? Talk to me like I haven't played pokemon Y since it came out and also don't follow pokemon much at all.

I would have to do this in Y I guess since I haven't started my sapphire copy. Is it hard? Talk to me like I haven't played pokemon Y since it came out and also don't follow pokemon much at all.
Okay.

It's not hard but it's very time-consuming.

Since you haven't started sapphire yet then we can cut down a lot of that time, though. What region is your 3DS? Once you tell us that we can tell you what country to temporarily change your 3DS to before starting your game. Then you save and save it back. Then later on, once you beat the game, you just raise a lot of Vivillon, which will be of a pattern that is so rare you can trade for legendaries and shit.

Muku

Okay.

It's not hard but it's very time-consuming.

Since you haven't started sapphire yet then we can cut down a lot of that time, though. What region is your 3DS? Once you tell us that we can tell you what country to temporarily change your 3DS to before starting your game. Then you save and save it back. Then later on, once you beat the game, you just raise a lot of Vivillon, which will be of a pattern that is so rare you can trade for legendaries and shit.

At this point though, since I haven't really been in Vivillon game on GTS for a bit, what is big still?

Macka

Twenty minutes:

Treecko - #252 (Modest)
HP: 31
Att: 0 - 3
Def: 31
SpA: 30
SpD: 31
Speed: 30

Got a HP Fire spread just in case.

Azuran

Banned
Booyah! Just got my first perfect Meditite of the night in the first batch. I can tell already that the RNG here is nicer to me than the one in XY.

Muku

Nobody has Sandstorm. Nobody.

Well, except trolls but they might as well be nobody.

I breed Sandstorm on my US Y. If anyone here needs any, let me know. Also breed Monsoon on JPN X.

Plan on breeding Icy Storm in US AS, Ocean in US OR, and Tundra on JPN AS. Think I'm going to have to breed some 5/6IVs though on X to breed on the new games though since I've only got a few 6IV Dittos. (And plan to keep X/Y as my main breeding area.) Since reading that timing has changed a bit for cloning think its my only option. Got an Icy in US AS right now from testing how it works in ORAS. It's a pretty little thing.

Edit: Good to know Sandstorm is still in demand though. last time I was on they flew off GTS. Seemed to be only on at the moment that was easy to get rid of. Not sure how Ocean or Icy does but curious.

Top Bottom