• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

The date is overwritten once you transfer from Gen IV to V; my brother and I tested this personally. Otherwise, yes, the date data is in-tact but hidden.

So basically it would state the date of when I transferred it up rather than the date originally obtained? That's a bummer. Why the hell would they do something stupid like that? Ugh, no wonder they stop showing it. Not worth it at that point.

Oh god yes. I don't know why we can't even see the information on the Pokemon. Most important thing is HA. There are times things are up stating HA.. and i think "Damn, that would be cool..." get it and it's the shittiest ability the Pokemon has. Sometimes I pass it off as a note from a previous trade they forgot to remove. Most times I feel like folks are just jerks.

Edit: Bit of a random question, but does a Pokemon maintain its' creation date? Like back in day when I got Arceus, I know in the profile it would state when I got him. Unfortunately, as he traveled up, he lost it just to state which region he was from.
Lame.
But is that information still stored somewhere within its' file? Because I'd love for that to come back. I have old stuff from SS that I'd love to see date I caught/bred/found it.

Yeah, so annoying. It'd make my journey to getting the last of my Pokémon I still want to breed a lot easier.

I've still got these to breed with 5 or 6IV's, but the last couple of days have left me a bit burnt out. Especially that Eevee breeding, and that was just so I can get me a Sylveon. I finally got one I can use, thankfully. Got a team ready to transfer to X when I restart that, so I'll probably do that next.

UixuVGT.jpg

I'll probably never take them online, but the whole breeding aspect just brings out the worst of my RPG obsession. :lol

Heropon

Just got the Eon Ticket after going to a store and before that a suspiciously good Gliscor on GTS: Shiny, perfect IVs except for the Special Attack, EV trained and with a competitive moveset. I think this day can't get better.

Yrael

Just got the Eon Ticket after going to a store and before that a suspiciously good Gliscor on GTS: Shiny, perfect IVs except for the Special Attack, EV trained and with a competitive moveset. I think this day can't get better.

Was that in exchange for a lv 100 Audino?

(Asking because I saw a shiny Gliscor on GTS earlier.)

Heropon

Was that in exchange for a lv 100 Audino?

(Asking because I saw a shiny Gliscor on GTS earlier.)

Just an Espeon, that's why I say it's suspicious. Thanks to the Espeon market I've been able to get all the legendaries but I don't know why people like them, you can get one in less than three minutes thanks to the EV decreasing berries.

KtSlime

So, I got my 8 badges, and am now working on my pokedex before going to battle the elite 4, and started to load up my copy of Y which I was only a few hours into. There are a lot of cool features in Y which would have been nice to make it into ORAS, but I really miss the tiptoeing and PokeNav features from ORAS, those don't exist in XY do they? I think those are the very best features added to the overworld ever.

Macka

So what features would the ultimate Pokemon game have?

- Difficulty settings
- Trainer Customization
- DexNav
- Apricorn Ball Store
- Friend Safari
- Battle Frontier quality area
- Vs. Seeker
- Gym Leader Rematches
- Pokemon following you
- Horde battles
- Day/Night cycle
- Secret Bases
- Berry trees
- Soar
- Safari Zone
- Move Tutors
- Battle Chateau

Am I missing anything?

- Difficulty settings
- Trainer Customization
- DexNav
- Apricorn Ball Store
- Friend Safari
- Vs. Seeker
- Gym Leader Rematches
- Pokemon following you
- Horde battles
- Day/Night cycle
- Secret Bases
- Berry trees
- Soar
- Safari Zone
- Move Tutors
- Battle Chateau

Am I missing anything?

- Pokemon World Tournament
- Black Tower/White Forest
- A lot more trainer Horde Battles
- Underground
- All regions
- Seasons (Damn Deerlings/Sawsbucks!)

Cant think of anything else...

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden

- Difficulty settings
- Trainer Customization
- DexNav
- Apricorn Ball Store
- Friend Safari
- Vs. Seeker
- Gym Leader Rematches
- Pokemon following you
- Horde battles
- Day/Night cycle
- Secret Bases
- Berry trees
- Soar
- Safari Zone
- Move Tutors
- Battle Chateau

Am I missing anything?

Joining a villainous team.

Muku

Celebrate is the move you need to question.

Which is pretty funny. Actually used my Umbreon once to see it do that. Another I question is Hold Hands though.

- Difficulty settings
- Trainer Customization
- DexNav
- Apricorn Ball Store
- Friend Safari
- Vs. Seeker
- Gym Leader Rematches
- Pokemon following you
- Horde battles
- Day/Night cycle
- Secret Bases
- Berry trees
- Soar
- Safari Zone
- Move Tutors
- Battle Chateau

Am I missing anything?

- Better GTS functionality in terms of trying to trade. Being able to mark wanting something with its' HA or as a shiny or whatever.
- Communication tools for online stuff. ANY. We've lost them, now I don't bother to trade with passerbys this gen. Loved doing that in B/W

Also I'd go as far as...

- Weather. Not predetermined weather for the area, but actual weather that can vary for it. Maybe area is tropical but you could have sunny, cloudy, rainy, stormy, etc. More than just always sunny or sometimes rainy.

- Difficulty settings
- Trainer Customization
- DexNav
- Apricorn Ball Store
- Friend Safari
- Vs. Seeker
- Gym Leader Rematches
- Pokemon following you
- Horde battles
- Day/Night cycle
- Secret Bases
- Berry trees
- Soar
- Safari Zone
- Move Tutors
- Battle Chateau

Am I missing anything?
Story and responsive UI I would also throw in there...

Morokh

- Difficulty settings
- Trainer Customization
- DexNav
- Apricorn Ball Store
- Friend Safari
- Vs. Seeker
- Gym Leader Rematches
- Pokemon following you
- Horde battles
- Day/Night cycle
- Secret Bases
- Berry trees
- Soar
- Safari Zone
- Move Tutors
- Battle Chateau

Am I missing anything?

Being able to browse an online list of replays like we could in the DS ones.

People always forget about seasons from Black and White. I'm not sure what they even did. Changed Deerling forms and had different Pokemon available?

Bleeether

- Difficulty settings
- Trainer Customization
- DexNav
- Apricorn Ball Store
- Friend Safari
- Vs. Seeker
- Gym Leader Rematches
- Pokemon following you
- Horde battles
- Day/Night cycle
- Secret Bases
- Berry trees
- Soar
- Safari Zone
- Move Tutors
- Battle Chateau

Am I missing anything?

At least 3 Save slots.

Mature version where i can be an adult not a child.

Putting multiple Pokemon up on GTS.

A way to stream it to Wii u for big picture mode.

Increase the level cap of online battles to 100

6 slot battles in double instead of 4

Re work the iv/ev system in a way that encourages thinking and playing rather than mindless exploiting/grinding/soft reseting

At least 3 Save slots.

Mature version where i can be an adult not a child.

Putting multiple Pokemon up on GTS.

A way to stream it to Wii u for big picture mode.

Increase the level cap of online battles to 100

6 slot battles in double instead of 4

Re work the iv/ev system in a way that encourages thinking and playing rather than mindless exploiting/grinding/soft reseting

Save slots, yes. I would buy a new 3DS day 1 if the next Pokémon game had this and was exclusive.

- Difficulty settings
- Trainer Customization
- DexNav
- Apricorn Ball Store
- Friend Safari
- Vs. Seeker
- Gym Leader Rematches
- Pokemon following you
- Horde battles
- Day/Night cycle
- Secret Bases
- Berry trees
- Soar
- Safari Zone
- Move Tutors
- Battle Chateau

Am I missing anything?
Everything everyone else said, and:
The option to actually be the Champion, and fight difficult trainers that beat the E4.
Option to teach more than four moves and swap them in/out, but have only four available on battle.
HMs that don't take up a move slot. (Would work well with the feature above.)

Open world with multiple (or all) regions. (I'm thinking on level with Xenoblade... It'd have to be on Wii U for sure)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

- Difficulty settings
- Trainer Customization

- DexNav
- Apricorn Ball Store
- Friend Safari

- Vs. Seeker
- Gym Leader Rematches
- Pokemon following you
- Horde battles
- Day/Night cycle

- Secret Bases
- Berry trees
- Soar
- Safari Zone
- Move Tutors
- Battle Chateau

Am I missing anything?

A lot of those are fluff, and some are redundant (for instance, battle Chateau pretty much does Gym Leader rematches). Berry patches are far more important than trees. Safari Zone is made obsolete by Friend Safari. I bolded the ones I prefer.

In addition though
- Black Tower/White Tree zone
- PWT
- more "varied" trainer battles (double/triple/rotation/inverse)
- PokeWood

How would multiple save slots work? Wouldn't that like break the whole catching Pokemon feature?

Just giving us the opportunity to have more than one active playthrough at a time. I enjoy collecting and breeding, but sometimes I just want to replay the story.

KtSlime

Just giving us the opportunity to have more than one active playthrough at a time. I enjoy collecting and breeding, but sometimes I just want to replay the story.

Couldn't you just upload all your pokemon to the pokebank and reset?

NM, I missed the word active.

Impala26

I could just breed for a Female with the ditto first, so yeah, you're right.

Regular PokeBall is boring though. D:

Couldn't agree with you more.
I was the guy who went back to HG/SS to catch as many female pokes as I can in Safari and various Apricorn Balls to bring up to Gen VI to breed.

Love me my Heavy Ball Onix and Level Ball Numel.
:p

Couldn't you just upload all your pokemon to the pokebank and reset?

NM, I missed the word active.

Then you'd have to get all items and stuff you get on one playthrough again, when you just want to have a regular playthrough and then go back to the other.

Anyone got the starters with their hidden abilities for me? I think the only one I have is Greninja, and I'd like to breed the rest too.

Macka

Question: Does a Pokemon with an IV of 30 lose speed ties against a Pokemon with an IV of 31 in Level 50 battles? The actual stat should be the same at that level...

Question: Does a Pokemon with an IV of 30 lose speed ties against a Pokemon with an IV of 31 in Level 50 battles? The actual stat should be the same at that level...

Yes, cause if the opposing pokemon has a speed nature they would have a higher stat, or if they have a speed nature + speed EV's.

There's other factors that add into speed

Macka

Yes, cause if the opposing pokemon has a speed nature they would have a higher stat, or if they have a speed nature + speed EV's.

There's other factors that add into speed
I'm talking about Pokemon with the exact same speed stat. I'm pretty sure at Level 50 there usually isn't a difference between an IV of 30 or 31 when it comes to speed, but I don't know if the game takes that into account when determining who moves first in speed ties.

I'm talking about Pokemon with the exact same speed stat. I'm pretty sure at Level 50 there usually isn't a difference between an IV of 30 or 31 when it comes to speed, but I don't know if the game takes that into account when determining who moves first in speed ties.

If it's a full blown speed tie statistically.

It's a coin flip. 50/50 on who attacks first.

Toxi

Banned
Leaf Storm is arguably all it needs. Grass/Dragon/Hidden Power is good enough coverage (HP with +SpA boosts works fine)
Then you run into Heatran. Hope you're using Hidden Power Ground.

Grass is just resisted by too many things, and Hidden Power can't cover everything. Contrary Serperior is a one-note wonder.
People always forget about seasons from Black and White. I'm not sure what they even did. Changed Deerling forms and had different Pokemon available?
Changed the layout of the Great Marsh.

Celebrate is the move you need to question.

Ffff, I missed the chance to use it on my birthday last month. In fact, I missed the Pokemon Centre mini-event too.

Maybe next year? XD

Also, loving the new HA Pokemon (Snivy etc.). I was just thinking of them last night too, although mainly the legendary birds and dogs.

EDIT

That said, I'm kind of WTF at Japan having like 20 event Pokemon in the space of 1-2 months. I can see my event collection is never going to catch up now... (Just when I was doing so well too.)

Bleeether

So i've been SRing for a Hidden Power Ice Zapdos. I finally landed one with this stat spread:

HP 31
Attack x1.1 0 - 1
Defense 20 - 21
Spec. Attack x0.9 31
Spec. Defense 31
Speed 29 - 29

Pretty crappy Defense, the speed is Meh too, and that Terrible attack stat.

Is having 0 in attack a good thing for a hidden power ice zapdos.

Keep or continue SRing?

JoeM86

So i've been SRing for a Hidden Power Ice Zapdos. I finally landed one with this stat spread:

HP 31
Attack x1.1 0 - 1
Defense 20 - 21
Spec. Attack x0.9 31
Spec. Defense 31
Speed 29 - 29

Pretty crappy Defense, the speed is Meh too, and that Terrible attack stat.

Is having 0 in attack a good thing for a hidden power ice zapdos.

Keep or continue SRing?

I'd continue soft resetting. That has a nature that hinders Special Attack, despite being a 31...that dents things quite a bit. Changes it from, at Level 100 and fully invested with EVs, 384 to 314

That can mean so much difference. Of course you probably won't fully invest in all SAtk EVs, but it is quite a thing

Bleeether

I'd continue soft resetting. That has a nature that hinders Special Attack, despite being a 31...that dents things quite a bit. Changes it from, at Level 100 and fully invested with EVs, 384 to 314

That can mean so much difference. Of course you probably won't fully invest in all SAtk EVs, but it is quite a thing

Alrighty, thank you for the input. ill keep trying for a perfect one.

I am a little confused as to how the whole iv spread thing works in determining Hidden powers. From what i read is that its impossible to get 31 ivs across the board? idk.

Edit: nevermind about being confused about the IV thing, i just figured it out. I guess what i am looking for is 31/30/30/31/31/31 to get the base power of 70?

DaBoss

I think I'm done for a while with playing Pokemon battles online. Just had many losses that come from:
- 90% accuracy moves missing 3 times in a row or more
- Hitting myself in confusion 3 times in a row or more
- Opponent gets 3 critical hits in a row or more
- Some combination of the above things happening
- Me going full tilt from the above

I would have won some matches or would have had some chance to fight back, but the game doesn't want me to do that lol. I know it happens at times, but all in one session...

I was just trying out different Pokemon and megas. ;_;

Bleeether

I think I'm done for a while with playing Pokemon battles online. Just had many losses that come from:
- 90% accuracy moves missing 3 times in a row or more
- Hitting myself in confusion 3 times in a row or more
- Opponent gets 3 critical hits in a row or more
- Some combination of the above things happening
- Me going full tilt from the above

I would have won some matches or would have had some chance to fight back, but the game doesn't want me to do that lol. I know it happens at times, but all in one session...

I was just trying out different Pokemon and megas. ;_;

I feel your pain. I was steam rolling unranked with my team so i moved on to ranked and went something like 2-11 because of stuff like that happening to me :(

Don't let it get ya down.

I am a little confused as to how the whole iv spread thing works in determining Hidden powers. From what i read is that its impossible to get 31 ivs across the board? idk.

Edit: nevermind about being confused about the IV thing, i just figured it out. I guess what i am looking for is 31/30/30/31/31/31 to get the base power of 70?

As of gen 6 Hidden Power always has 60 Base Power. You're looking for any spread that grants hidden power Ice. Personally I usually go for 2 25+ stats on top of the 3 forced 31's and with the 31's in the most important stats. Zapdos also needs either a Modest, Timid, Bold or Calm nature. You can use a synchronizer to get a certain nature 50% of the time.

Bleeether

As of gen 6 Hidden Power always has 60 Base Power. You're looking for any spread that grants hidden power Ice. Personally I usually go for 2 25+ stats on top of the 3 forced 31's and with the 31's in the most important stats. Zapdos also needs either a Modest, Timid, Bold or Calm nature. You can use a synchronizer to get a certain nature 50% of the time.

Cool, this is starting to make more sense to me.

So im toying around with Hidden power calculator and i suppose the best combination i could ask for is

Timid 31/2/30/31/31/31 ... The 2 in attack is to reduce confusion damage.

This sound about right?

God this game really brings out the ocd in me.

DaBoss

BP of Hidden Power is always 60 in Gen VI.

You want to go for an even number for Atk and Def. You would generally want to go for a low Atk number unless you're going to use U-Turn on it, I guess.

Also, do you have a Synchronize Pokemon at the front of your party? You would generally want to go for a Timid or Modest nature for a Zapdos (not sure about any other nature. That would give you a 1/2 chance of getting the nature.

You should also try to have a Pokemon 2nd of your party that has just 1 stat point lower speed than the Zapdos you're going for so you can easily see if it has a 31 in speed.
So im toying around with Hidden power calculator and i suppose the best combination i could ask for is

Timid 31/2/30/31/31/31 ... The 2 in attack is to reduce confusion damage.

This sound about right?
Yes.

Bleeether

You want to go for an even number for Atk and Def. You would generally want to go for a low Atk number unless you're going to use U-Turn on it, I guess.

Also, do you have a Synchronize Pokemon at the front of your party? You would generally want to go for a Timid or Modest nature for a Zapdos (not sure about any other nature. That would give you a 1/2 chance of getting the nature.

You should also try to have a Pokemon 2nd of your party that has just 1 stat point lower speed than the Zapdos you're going for so you can easily see if it has a 31 in speed.

Yes.

I had done all of that but the sychronized completely slipped my brain! Thank you so much for that tip.

So my quest for the perfect Zapdos begins :)

Holy shit, I always knew Serperior's movepool was bad, but I had no idea just how bad. Easily the worst starter movepool of all time. It doesn't matter how awesome Contrary Leafstorm is when your only non-Grass options are Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power.

I would say give it Draco Meteor but I expect Gamefreak to troll in some ways with this.

Mega Form that's part Dragon but doesn't learn it.
Mega Form that's part Dragon that does learn it but loses Contrary.
Never gives it so Serperior will continue to be an one trick pony with Contrary.

Yes.

Physically defensive Zapdos is all the hype in 6v6 these days IIRC. It kinda depends on what meta you want to enter it in.

I'm personally quite excited for Contrary Serperior. I'm looking forward to trying a set of Sub/Leech Seed/Taunt/Leaf Storm to see just how hard it messes up stall.

Top Bottom