• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Toxi

Banned
Reckless Emboar actually is pretty nice. Flare Blitz does a ton more damage and Emboar soaks up the recoil pretty well with its high HP.

It's too bad Head Smash's recoil is so suicidally bad.

I think I'm done for a while with playing Pokemon battles online. Just had many losses that come from:
- 90% accuracy moves missing 3 times in a row or more
- Hitting myself in confusion 3 times in a row or more
- Opponent gets 3 critical hits in a row or more
- Some combination of the above things happening
- Me going full tilt from the above

I would have won some matches or would have had some chance to fight back, but the game doesn't want me to do that lol. I know it happens at times, but all in one session...

I was just trying out different Pokemon and megas. ;_;
B5HftCVCMAAdE3y.jpg

Couldn't resist.

Impala26

I must be missing something based on the discussion around here...
Is there a way to get Gen II through Gen V starters with their HAs? Legendaries with HAs?

You can't get Gen II starter HAs, but next month we'll be able to get Gen V starter HAs.

Legendary HAs aren't a thing but they eventually should be. No idea how they'll do those.
inb4 Japanese-exclusive events.

Bleeether

Okay so like in American comics, lets say marvels spiderman for example, there are sort of alternate universes to the comic line.... Like there are alternate story lines that are much darker, catering to a more adult audience.

Is there pretty much no chance in hell there will ever be an alternate world to pokemon. It would be awesome if there were protagonists who were adults and the subject matter more age appropriate for the people who grew up with this franchise.

I know there is probably nobody here that would agree with me so don't get your feathers rustled up and im not advocating change to the series.I just absolutely hate the kid aspect to pokemon.

Okay so like in American comics, lets say marvels spiderman for example, there are sort of alternate universes to the comic line.... Like there will be a series that is much darker, catering to a more adult audience.

Is there pretty much no chance in hell there will ever be an alternate world to pokemon. It would be awesome if there were protagonists who were adults and the subject matter more age appropriate for the people who grew up with this franchise.

I know there is probably nobody here that would agree with me so don't your feathers rustled up and im not advocating change to the series.I just absolutely hate the kid aspect to pokemon.

Not exactly adult, but tried too hard to be edgy.

Impala26

You can't get Gen II starter HAs, but next month we'll be able to get Gen V starter HAs.

Legendary HAs aren't a thing but they eventually should be. No idea how they'll do those.
inb4 Japanese-exclusive events.

Thanks for the heads up. I seem to recall a bunch of bawling a while back when they shut down the Pokemon Dream World site because that was the only way of LEGITIMATELY getting starters and other mons with their HAs. The Friend Safaris in X&Y didn't cover starters with HA's outside of Gen I and Gen VI.

backlot

Okay so like in American comics, lets say marvels spiderman for example, there are sort of alternate universes to the comic line.... Like there are alternate story lines that are much darker, catering to a more adult audience.

I know there is probably nobody here that would agree with me so don't get your feathers rustled up and im not advocating change to the series.I just absolutely hate the kid aspect to pokemon.

Gen 6 is already an alternate universe. I'd even say the AZ stuff in XY and the Delta Episode are darker than most Pokemon games as well. I wouldn't expect it to get any darker.

This is why, on March 12th 2015, I'm switching to Digimon and never playing a Pokemon game again. ~
nonotrly, hyped for cyber sleuth tho

Azuran

Banned

But we're already on an alternate universe. We're all Zelda now!

Macka

Have some breeding rejects/leftover flawless for anyone who's interested:

Bagon, Naive, 5IV missing random stat. Dragon Pulse, Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance, Thrash. Females are in Great Balls.

Beldum, Jolly, 5IV missing Special Attack. Only two of these.

Treecko, Modest, Unburden. 5IV missing attack. Crunch, Synthesis, Magical Leaf, Natural Gift. Only one of these.

Pawniard, Adamant, Defiant. 5IV missing Special Attack. Psycho Cut, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Quick Guard. Only one of these. Female in Luxury Ball.

Happy to give away for nothing, but certainly wouldn't say no to breeding rejects or a heart scale in return.

I'm off. PM me if you want them and we can trade later.

What are some more unconventional Megas? I want to try my hand at some stuff that maybe not everyone else does, maybe Mega-Camerupt? I'm a complete novice to the meta-game though.

backlot

What are some more unconventional Megas? I want to try my hand at some stuff that maybe not everyone else does, maybe Mega-Camerupt? I'm a complete novice to the meta-game though.

Blastoise is a pretty good one that not many people use. Ampharos and Pidgeot are kinda fun but might not be worth the effort.

If you want to go unconventional but good, Mega Camerupt's a great pick. You'll want either a Jellicent or Cresselia for TR, then you just choose other mons you desire.

Bleeether

i'll bring out the bribes.

I'll give a drizzle shiny 6iv politoed just to evolve my other politoed. Common you know u want it ! helllp

Yeah, it's more like Dusclops make you sad at lower Ratings when you use Frisk and see some of the... questionable... item choices some people make.

That sadness just isn't worth it.

Cresselia doesn't exactly have reliable recovery either. It's not a huge deal though if you're doing Battle Spot Doubles.

yeah, the short matches and ability to double attack 1 mon make it less relevant.

Gone are the days of gen 2-esque stall.

Yeah, it's more like Dusclops make you sad at lower Ratings when you use Frisk and see some of the... questionable... item choices some people make.

That sadness just isn't worth it.

lefties dusclops is OP, mk?

Top Bottom