• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Toxi

Banned
What would happen if Hail gave Ice types a +1 defense boost like Sandstorm gives Rock types a +1 special defense boost?

Mega Abomasnow would definitely be way better, but there are other Pokemon like Walrein or Articuno that would enjoy the extra bulk.

What would happen if Hail gave Ice types a +1 defense boost like Sandstorm gives Rock types a +1 special defense boost?

The world isn't ready.

Avalugg.full.1626664.jpg

backlot

Mega Abomasnow would definitely be way better, but there are other Pokemon like Walrein or Articuno that would enjoy the extra bulk.

Assault Vest Lapras would be unkillable.

Kinokou

So what features would the ultimate Pokemon game have?

- Difficulty settings
- Trainer Customization
- DexNav
- Apricorn Ball Store
- Friend Safari
- Battle Frontier quality area
- Vs. Seeker
- Gym Leader Rematches
- Pokemon following you
- Horde battles
- Day/Night cycle
- Secret Bases
- Berry trees
- Soar
- Safari Zone
- Move Tutors
- Battle Chateau

Am I missing anything?

An option to display a Pokemon stats when they learn a new move.
Showing the Pokemon dextext on the lower screen in the evolution sequence.
The new surfing mechanics.

And give it a resistance or two towards grass and bug or poison. That seems like logical resistances.

Toxi

Banned
And give it a resistance or two towards grass and bug or poison. That seems like logical resistances.
The last thing those three types need is another type that resists them.

Flying or Water would be my picks if Ice was to gain a resistance. Both are good offensive types. Flying already is weak to Ice, while Ice and Water should logically resist each other since they're both different forms of Water.

The last thing those three types need is another type that resists them.

Flying or Water would be my picks if Ice was to gain a resistance. Both are good offensive types. Flying already is weak to Ice, while Ice and Water should logically resist each other since they're both different forms of Water.

honestly ice just straight up should resist Flying, Water, and Grass. Absolutely no reason why it doesn't.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yo, I got AS yesterday and I'm just starting off. Would anyone want to throw a low level Seedot my way? I'm talking level 5ish.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i know this is a long shot, but would anyone happen to have an OR/AS demo code i could use? i'm just getting back into the series since RB and i'd love to try it out before i get my full copy next week.

thanks!

honestly ice just straight up should resist Flying, Water, and Grass. Absolutely no reason why it doesn't.
I'm honestly baffled Water resists Ice. I used to think it was the other way around all the time.

I mean when you think about it Ice should be STRONG against water.

Yo, I got AS yesterday and I'm just starting off. Would anyone want to throw a low level Seedot my way? I'm talking level 5ish.
Sure. Lemme catch one.

Azuran

Banned
i know this is a long shot, but would anyone happen to have an OR/AS demo code i could use? i'm just getting back into the series since RB and i'd love to try it out before i get my full copy next week.

thanks!

I think I still have an extra one that never got used. Don't remember even giving it away either so I still still works.

SoulUnison

Banned
I'm honestly baffled Water resists Ice. I used to think it was the other way around all the time.

I mean when you think about it Ice should be STRONG against water.

The Ice and Water relationship always throws me off.
Water should be weak to ice, and Ice should resist Water, or at least stay neutral.

It'll probably never happen, though, since they specifically introduced a move like Freeze Dry.

I'm almost leaving this Cresselia, I'm tired of SRing. I could be completing my Dex, fighting on the Maison, but I'm here doing this shitty grind. The problem with her is that the island is random, so I can't just get back whenever I want, like I do with Reshiram and Ho-oh, for an example.

Macka

I'm almost leaving this Cresselia, I'm tired of SRing. I could be completing my Dex, fighting on the Maison, but I'm here doing this shitty grind. The problem with her is that the island is random, so I can't just get back whenever I want, like I do with Reshiram and Ho-oh, for an example.
Seriously dude, finish your National Dex. It'll be much quicker in the long run.

one_kill

Finally transferred items from XY today. Got my Lucky Eggs, Destiny Knots, Battle Maison items, etc. I hate that you can't trade Pokemon with HM moves, but w/e it's done. I'm now ready to fight online!

I'm going to finish post game and get mega stones. Then I might get back to SRing for a shiny Zekrom.

My VGC15 is shaping up well, but it's really different from my last team, and I think it needs some changes. Suggested counters/checks for mega swampert? My mega sceptile is OHKOd by Ice Punch, so unless I land my leaf storm turn 1, I lose. Nothing else seems to present a consistent problem.
Btw, I think cresselia is pretty iffy right now. Aegislash is WAAAYYY too common.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My VGC15 is shaping up well, but it's really different from my last team, and I think it needs some changes. Suggested counters/checks for mega swampert? My mega sceptile is OHKOd by Ice Punch, so unless I land my leaf storm turn 1, I lose. Nothing else seems to present a consistent problem.
Btw, I think cresselia is pretty iffy right now. Aegislash is WAAAYYY too common.

Grass moves get pretty good distribution, throw Grass Knot, Giga Drain or Energy Ball on a water type. Something like Ludicolo, Azumaril or Tentacruel could probably tank a hit and get the OHKO with Grass Knot or Energy Ball.

Toxi

Banned
Tyranitar gets rid of its speed advantage, though you definitely don't want it taking a hit.

Grass moves get pretty good distribution, throw Grass Knot, Giga Drain or Energy Ball on a water type. Something like Ludicolo, Azumaril or Tentacruel could probably tank a hit and get the OHKO with Grass Knot or Energy Ball.
I've thought about this, but I'm worried about having more issues with talonflame/zapdos/other major threats that deal with grass or water pokemon.
Tyranitar gets rid of its speed advantage, though you definitely don't want it taking a hit.
This is my current plan. Going to use a special attack set with fireblast for some needed extra coverage, too.

Muku

WTS soul for shiny Latias.

Hope everyone else's shiny hunts are going better. I am a bit worried when I get around to Cresselia after reading some stuff. :(

Edith: dumb phone

Does anyone have the following Pokemon that they're willing to trade?

Treecko with the hidden ability Unburden
Mudkip with the hidden ability Damp
Fennekin with the hidden ability Magician
Carvanha with the hidden ability Speed Boost

Top Bottom