• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hi PokeGaf, super noob question time:

I just got Sapphire and a friend got Ruby.
We are at opposite ends of the world.
We are registered as friends on 3DS (using friendcodes).

Is there any way to be "friends" in ORAS?
Can we send messages, request battes and do exclusive trading?

I have the PSS thing, which seems cool, but only for other random users on the net?

Thanks for any help.

ugh at this rate I'm going to get a shiny landorus before I get one with the right IVs

I have the PSS thing, which seems cool, but only for other random users on the net?

Thanks for any help.

you should be able to do all of that if you're both connected to WiFi as far as i know, but I'm not sure if sending messages is a feature.

edit: you have to connect to wifi in game using the wifi symbol on the PSS even if your 3DS is already connected

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Thanks for any help.
Their character should be on the top list of the PSS; they'll pop up when they're online. You can message through shout-outs... and trade and battle; there's a voice chat during trade.

Hi GAF! Does anyone have a 5 IV non-English Eevee I could have (or Ditto)? Trying to breed shinies! I can only trade you another 5 IV Eevee in return, since I don't have anything valuable. :( Got pretty much any nature, all with Wish and Yawn.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
you should be able to do all of that if you're both connected to WiFi as far as i know, but I'm not sure if sending messages is a feature.

edit: you have to connect to wifi in game using the wifi symbol on the PSS even if your 3DS is already connected

Their character should be on the top list of the PSS; they'll pop up when they're online. You can message through shout-outs... and trade and battle; there's a voice chat during trade.

Oh great, so we just have to be on at the same time. Thanks very much!

Looking forward to a cosy Christmas with this... Already having a blast and naming my Pokes (something I've never really done). My Ralts is called 'Demfeels'... she understands you.

JoeM86

Ladies & gentlemen, we're getting our Unova Starters with their Hidden Abilities!

It has been announced that there will be several special distributions of the Unova Starters in Japan. These distributions are unique in that they offer these starters with their Hidden Abilities. They will be distributed through Serial Code.
On December 28th, a code for Serperior with Contrary will be given on Pokémon Get☆TV and can be redeemed from January 9th to November 30th. This Serperior has the moves Leaf Storm, Hold Back, Wring Out & Giga Drain.
On January 11th 2015, a Emboar with Reckless will also get a code from Pokémon Get☆TV, which can be redeemed from January 16th to November 30th. It has the moves Flare Blitz, Hold Back, Head Smash & Take Down.
Finally, on January 15th 2015, the new issue of CoroCoro will have a serial code for Samurott with its Hidden Ability of Shell Armor and can be redeemed from January 16th to November 30th. It has the moves Razor Shell, Hold Back, Confide & Hydro Pump.

Another event distribution has also been announced. In Shibuya in Japan, a special Pokémon Café is opening from January 9th to February 28th. Inside, you can receive a special distribution of a Pikachu. This Pikachu comes with the moves Play Nice, Charm, Nuzzle & Sweet Kiss and holds the Sweet Heart item.

Toxi

Banned
Ladies & gentlemen, we're getting our Unova Starters with their Hidden Abilities!

It has been announced that there will be several special distributions of the Unova Starters in Japan. These distributions are unique in that they offer these starters with their Hidden Abilities. They will be distributed through Serial Code.
On December 28th, a code for Serperior with Contrary will be given on Pokémon Get☆TV and can be redeemed from January 9th to November 30th. This Serperior has the moves Leaf Storm, Hold Back, Wring Out & Giga Drain.
On January 11th 2015, a Emboar with Reckless will also get a code from Pokémon Get☆TV, which can be redeemed from January 16th to November 30th. It has the moves Flare Blitz, Hold Back, Head Smash & Take Down.
Finally, on January 15th 2015, the new issue of CoroCoro will have a serial code for Samurott with its Hidden Ability of Shell Armor and can be redeemed from January 16th to November 30th. It has the moves Razor Shell, Hold Back, Confide & Hydro Pump.

Another event distribution has also been announced. In Shibuya in Japan, a special Pokémon Café is opening from January 9th to February 28th. Inside, you can receive a special distribution of a Pikachu. This Pikachu comes with the moves Play Nice, Charm, Nuzzle & Sweet Kiss and holds the Sweet Heart item.
Oh come the fuck on Gamefreak

Also, LOL at the disparity of those hidden abilities. Leaf Storm Contrary is finally here.

JoeM86

Oh come the fuck on Gamefreak

Also, LOL at the disparity of those hidden abilities. Leaf Storm Contrary is finally here.

Game Freak decide events in Japan. It's up to Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe if the events shell translate over to the west.

As such, if there's anyone you should complain to for not having events, it's them.

So Get TV will just show the code on-screen, or something? I might be able to get Serperior.

Holy cow, they finally gave Serperior the ability that makes it not complete garbage.

Was starting to think the poor thing would be complete garbage forever. Yay!

Muku

That's pretty cool about Pikachu. The Pokémon Get☆TV is just a show, right? They going to give a blanket code that works for everyone? Because getting HA starters won't be difficult then. We have a few of us here. Sure they'll get spread on GTS at some point too. Will keep my mind on the Jan Corocoro though.

sucks that it's japan only, but expected.

in other news, it's always a struggle to decide whether or not to soft reset for IVs on legends. I caught an Adamant Landorus with perfect Atk, Def, SpDef and Spe, but a pretty abysmal HP IV and i don't know if i should toss it ;-;

WarAdept

Damn thing is still going to be NU despite Contrary Leaf Storm spam. Better than the other 2 though, but that's not saying much since the Gen 5 starters are horrid. (the only starters that I boxed and never looked back)

Now where the hell is my Sheer Force Feraligatr.

Azuran

Banned
sucks that it's japan only, but expected.

in other news, it's always a struggle to decide whether or not to soft reset for IVs on legends. I caught an Adamant Landorus with perfect Atk, Def, SpDef and Spe, but a pretty abysmal HP IV and i don't know if i should toss it ;-;

It's okay, I'm sure JPNPokeGAF will come through for us.

It's officially Pokemon.

Similarly, the plural form of a Pokemon is the same as the singular form of a Pokemon. Well, it was last time I checked.

Muku

It's officially Pokemon.

Similarly, the plural form of a Pokemon is the same as the singular form of a Pokemon. Well, it was last time I checked.

Thank god. Thought I was losing it. It makes sense Pokemon is the singular and plural. Reading this one article and it's awful. "Pokemons" "Pokemons" "Pokemons"... it's here if anyone really wants to cringe.

StoneFox

This is why I love the fact that we have Wonder Trade and GTS these days, sharing the HA love overseas has never been easier and these will be nice trade offers for a while. I want more events like this rather than event exclusive pokemon that can't be bred.

Toxi

Banned
Damn thing is still going to be NU despite Contrary Leaf Storm spam. Better than the other 2 though, but that's not saying much since the Gen 5 starters are horrid. (the only starters that I boxed and never looked back)

Now where the hell is my Sheer Force Feraligatr.
Emboar ain't that bad. Speed's unfortunate, but it has a nice movepool with Sucker Punch and it's way better than the likes of Samurott or Meganium.

JoeM86

That's pretty cool about Pikachu. The Pokémon Get☆TV is just a show, right? They going to give a blanket code that works for everyone? Because getting HA starters won't be difficult then. We have a few of us here. Sure they'll get spread on GTS at some point too. Will keep my mind on the Jan Corocoro though.

Yeah, the page says the serial code is a "shared code"

Toxi

Banned
Holy shit, I always knew Serperior's movepool was bad, but I had no idea just how bad. Easily the worst starter movepool of all time. It doesn't matter how awesome Contrary Leafstorm is when your only non-Grass options are Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power.

Muku

ORAS only

Thank you. Kind of a bummer, but not surprised. Was hoping to get two each. Ah well, one a pop it is then.

Not all of the moves are normally on each Pokemon, right? Like I don't remember Hold Back on Serperior. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Holy shit, I always knew Serperior's movepool was bad, but I had no idea just how bad. Easily the worst starter movepool of all time. It doesn't matter how awesome Contrary Leafstorm is when your only non-Grass options are Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power.
Leaf Storm is arguably all it needs. Grass/Dragon/Hidden Power is good enough coverage (HP with +SpA boosts works fine)

JoeM86

Thank you. Kind of a bummer, but not surprised. Was hoping to get two each. Ah well, one a pop it is then.

Not all of the moves are normally on each Pokemon, right? Like I don't remember Hold Back on Serperior. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hold Back is an event only move.

Well, in many cases abilities are being focused over a single move on the pokemon. Like who wouldn't run a Hurricane Mega Pidgeot?

Muku

Hold Back is an event only move.

Okay, that's what I thought.

I guess my ultimate question then is, if I breed this thing and it somehow gets overwritten at day care, are you able to get it back at move relearner? I doubt it, but figure I ask.

This is why I love the fact that we have Wonder Trade and GTS these days, sharing the HA love overseas has never been easier and these will be nice trade offers for a while. I want more events like this rather than event exclusive pokemon that can't be bred.
It is a shame GTS is full of illiterate players who will accept an offer without understanding. It took me at least 20 attempts to get Defiant Piplup.

On the other hand lots of people will be breeding the Unova starters as soon as they get their hands on the HA.

Muku

It is a shame GTS is full of illiterate players who will accept an offer without understanding. It took me at least 20 attempts to get Defiant Piplup.

On the other hand lots of people will be breeding the Unova starters as soon as they get their hands on the HA.

And probably asking for ridiculous things initially.

I don't think it's so much people being illiterate (though I do think that is case sometimes, and other times it's folks not being able to read English), but a lot of times I do think it's folks just being jerks. "Well, I don't have that with HA, but I want it. /trade" This is why we need more choices on what we're asking for online. HA only, shinies only, etc. Too bad it feels like we keep losing online stuff. It's almost like no one at GF plays or trades online and understands how important that stuff is.

Yrael

And probably asking for ridiculous things initially.

I don't think it's so much people being illiterate (though I do think that is case sometimes, and other times it's folks not being able to read English), but a lot of times I do think it's folks just being jerks. "Well, I don't have that with HA, but I want it. /trade" This is why we need more choices on what we're asking for online. HA only, shinies only, etc. Too bad it feels like we keep losing online stuff. It's almost like no one at GF plays or trades online and understands how important that stuff is.

This. I'd also like it if we could actually see the attributes (like nature, ability, etc) of the Pokemon up for trade so we know we're getting what's been promised (so many people will flat out lie about their Pokemon being Jolly, 5IV, HA when it's really Serious, 0IV, non-HA).

Muku

This. I'd also like it if we could actually see the attributes (like nature, ability, etc) of the Pokemon up for trade so we know we're getting what's been promised (so many people will flat out lie about their Pokemon being Jolly, 5IV, HA when it's really Serious, 0IV, non-HA).

Oh god yes. I don't know why we can't even see the information on the Pokemon. Most important thing is HA. There are times things are up stating HA.. and i think "Damn, that would be cool..." get it and it's the shittiest ability the Pokemon has. Sometimes I pass it off as a note from a previous trade they forgot to remove. Most times I feel like folks are just jerks.

Edit: Bit of a random question, but does a Pokemon maintain its' creation date? Like back in day when I got Arceus, I know in the profile it would state when I got him. Unfortunately, as he traveled up, he lost it just to state which region he was from.
Lame.
But is that information still stored somewhere within its' file? Because I'd love for that to come back. I have old stuff from SS that I'd love to see date I caught/bred/found it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Oh god yes. I don't know why we can't even see the information on the Pokemon. Most important thing is HA. There are times things are up stating HA.. and i think "Damn, that would be cool..." get it and it's the shittiest ability the Pokemon has. Sometimes I pass it off as a note from a previous trade they forgot to remove. Most times I feel like folks are just jerks.

Edit: Bit of a random question, but does a Pokemon maintain its' creation date? Like back in day when I got Arceus, I know in the profile it would state when I got him. Unfortunately, as he traveled up, he lost it just to state which region he was from.
Lame.
But is that information still stored somewhere within its' file? Because I'd love for that to come back. I have old stuff from SS that I'd love to see date I caught/bred/found it.
The date is overwritten once you transfer from Gen IV to V; my brother and I tested this personally. Otherwise, yes, the date data is in-tact but hidden.

Yeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss.

Contrary Serperior, finally! It's one of my favourite Pokemon ever, but its terrible stats and movepool are so depressing. It's about time it became usable.

Top Bottom