• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

QP3

Numel (Fiery Path), Torkoal (Fiery Path), and Vulpix (Found at Mount Pyre) are your best options in-game. You can also trade with a friend here for some Pokemon not in the Hoenn Pokedex.

Fire types in my PC

Ninetales (Level 29)
Talonflame (Level 36)
Darmanitan (Level 37)
Charizard (Level 36)
Ponyta (Level 27)
Magmar (Level 38)
Typhlosion (level 40)
Larvesta (Level 37 and not recommended unless you enjoy evolving at a very late level)

Friend Code: 2294-5120-6799

Thanks ! Do you happen to have a spare ponyta?

Macka

Red --> Yellow --> Gold --> Silver --> Ruby --> Sapphire --> FireRed -- LeafGreen --> Emerald -->
Diamond --> Pearl --> HeartGold --> Platinum --> Black --> White --> White2 --> Y --> Omega Ruby.

Only games I have never played are Blue, Crystal, SoulSilver, X and Alpha Sapphire.

I know I played Gold/Silver/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed multiple times as well.

Yellow had well over 100 hours. Gold was my main Gen 2 game and had well past 300 hours by the time I was done. Original Ruby was my biggest game ever, I took that all the way to 999 and beyond. Played Emerald a ton too, at least 200 hours but I can't remember exactly. Diamond was another 400. HeartGold was around 200. Y is at like 810 atm and will likely keep climbing. Already at 150 for Omega Ruby (although it should be much, MUCH more if we factored in SR's). All of the others would have been between 40 and 100 hours.

I have played a lot of Pokemon.

Red --> Yellow --> Gold --> Silver --> Ruby --> Sapphire --> FireRed -- LeafGreen --> Emerald -->
Diamond --> Pearl --> HeartGold --> Platinum --> Black --> White --> White2 --> Y --> Omega Ruby.

Only games I have never played are Blue, Crystal, SoulSilver, X and Alpha Sapphire.

Yellow had well over 100 hours. Gold was my main Gen 2 game and had well past 300 hours by the time I was done. Original Ruby was my biggest game ever, I took that all the way to 999 and beyond. Played Emerald a ton too, at least 200 hours but I can't remember exactly. Diamond was another 400. HeartGold was around 200. Y is at like 810 atm and will likely keep climbing. Already at 150 for Omega Ruby (although it should be much, MUCH more if we factored in SR's). All of the others would have been between 40 and 100 hours.

Wow, that's a ton of Pokemon!

I have played tons too though, especially in relation to the game-time for my other games.

On Omega Ruby, I currently have about 31 hours, with the number sure to reach at least a hundred.
On Y, I have about 120 hours, and it will keep climbing. I'm planning to do a nuzlocke on X also.
Diamond was the only game I played for an entire year after it came out, and I have about 300 hours in it (I didn't game much).
In FireRed, I had multiple play-throughs probably adding up to about 100-140 hours until the game stopped working.
In Platinum, about 60 hours.
Soul Silver, about 30 (I always hated gen 2).
Black was another 70-80 hours.
On Emerald, I'd add another 200 hours or so.
Before I got a GBA SP, there was this game on the computer called Pokemon Simulator (fake, I think), on which I probably spent about 40 hours.

Overall, I think Pokemon has made up more than 50% of my overall game time since I started playing.

Yeah, this is pretty similar. Played through all but 3 pokemon games to completion and beyond (Soul silver, Black, Black 2 are the ones I'm missing), and I've replayed atleast one game in most gens 10+ times on top of having a cartridge that continues to build time (usually ~300 hours by the time I'm finished).

one_kill

The only game I've played multiple times was Blue. I played the game at three times the speed using the Dodrio Mode of the GB Tower in Pokemon Stadium.

My most played is Y with over 600 hours clocked. AS is at 50, but I'll stop playing at around 60-70 so I can focus on Smash.

Bleeether

dayum i don't consider myself a big time pokemon fan but my Y has 389 hours in it and my AS has 120 hours.
Why is this game so addicting

Muku

See X/Y time is high for others too. I've long maxed out X timer. Which is most I've put into any single Pokemon game ever. I'd probably be some crazy amount of hours in AS right now if I saved all the time I've been SRing for Latias too. x_x

Toxi

Banned
I have no idea how long I've played Red, since my game's battery ran out of juice twice. I'm going to assume it was a long-ass time.

MicH

I own every mainline game except Green, Leaf Green and Pearl.

My first versions:

Red > Silver > Ruby > Fire Red > Diamond > Soul Silver > White > White 2 > X > Omega Ruby

JoeM86

Made a thread for it but will crosspost since it's relevant here too

Yep, it's finally happened...on a Sunday of all days (says it was released on the 16th...such bull, I've been checking every day)

UK link
US link

orassoundtrackeng.jpg

Seems it doesn't have the RS soundtrack included like the retail version did in Japan. Despite that, it has 160 new tracks within it, all orchestrated versions of the ORAS tracks, which are just stunning.

$9.99/£7.99/€8.99

Soundtrack is out :)

OMG Aero

Does anyone know if the Dive Ball works on Primal Kyogre? It keeps breaking out before the ball shakes and I can't tell if that's just because it has a low catch rate or if it's because the Dive Ball's effect isn't working.

Morokh

Trying to scan some blissey secret base QR codes, and it only lets me scan two of them, and then says that i'm out of space for favorites, but I only have those two in my list, is there a way around it ?

Also, does the lucky egg XP bonus work with Exp.share ?

slowly setting things up to get back to breeding new 'mons :p

Trying to scan some blissey secret base QR codes, and it only lets me scan two of them, and then says that i'm out of space for favorites, but I only have those two in my list, is there a way around it ?

Also, does the lucky egg XP bonus work with Exp.share ?

slowly setting things up to get back to breeding new 'mons :p

Check your Secret Bases list. Those count towards favorites too. Just delete a bunch of them and you'll have room for your Blissey bases.

Yrael

Unfortunately it can't be traded on GTS either. Despite that, people are still able to ask for it on there, which I think is ridiculous. It just results in a bunch of impossible requests clogging up the list. I can clear this by unchecking the "asking for special Pokemon" option, but I still do think people ought to be aware that their trade request is impossible to be fulfilled.

Dajanksta

Banned
Unfortunately it can't be traded on GTS either. Despite that, people are still able to ask for it on there, which I think is ridiculous. It just results in a bunch of impossible requests clogging up the list. I can clear this by unchecking the "asking for special Pokemon" option, but I still do think people ought to be aware that their trade request is impossible to be fulfilled.

Oh wow I had no idea it wasn't able to be traded. It is able to be captured via black and white?

Yrael

Yup, you can't actually get the Liberty Pass legitimately anymore, sadly - it was distributed wirelessly during a special giveaway period in 2012. You could probably use an Action Replay though.

DaBoss

Was looking for female Tyrogue and then I realized they are only male.

I hope Gen 7 (or Gen 6.66) has males and genderless Pokemon passing down their balls when breeding with Ditto. Don't deprive me of my Luxury Ball armada, Game Freak.

Congrats, WrenchNinja.

My analog rubber just fell off, thanks Smash.

It didn't break per se, but the part that goes on the actual analog is loose, almost coming off. If it does come off I'll try to glue it back together, but it that doesn't work I'll just give up and play my Vita, maybe I'll cave in and get a "new" 3DS XL next year.

Bleeether

My analog rubber just fell off, thanks Smash.

It didn't break per se, but the part that goes on the actual analog is loose, almost coming off. If it does come off I'll try to glue it back together, but it that doesn't work I'll just give up and play my Vita, maybe I'll cave in and get a "new" 3DS XL next year.

I have no idea what they are saying, but may consider something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo9kj8YaFbs ?

So I ran into my very first shiny and caught it

It must be destiny
That was my first shiny too! It was in Leaf Green though. I didn't even realize that it was shiny until like an hour or two later. If that Pikachu wasn't female I would have just knocked it out too since I was doing a female-only run, and even then I didn't care too much if I caught it so I could have easily KO'd it by accident.

Thank god things worked out lol

Top Bottom