• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

All I want is a friend ball sceptile. Is this really so much to ask!?
Pokeballs really shouldn't bother me nearly as much as they do.
It bothers me because most of my Pokemon are bred in Dusk Balls so a Pokemon in a non-Dusk Ball looks out of place. :l

Maybe you'll get one in HGSS remakes. :p

JoeM86

First Battle Competition!!

battleofhoenn.png

Region: International (except Japan and Korea)
Registration Period: January 15th 2015 - January 22nd 2015
Battle Period: January 23rd 2015 - January 25th 2014
Battle Type: Single Battle
Battle Limits: 10 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: Hoenn Pokédex
Banned Pokémon: Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Pokémon not captured or hatched in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon not in Hoenn Pokédex

This competition is the first for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and as such focuses on the new regional Pokédex. This competition has got no entry gift.

Morokh

Any way to 'force' trainers to be ready for battle again ?

The only thing i'm missing to get back to breeding is a destiny knot, and the two only way of getting it are a trainer couple in Sea Mauville (10% chance), or making it to Master in contests (and i'd rather save that for later or i'll be rushing it just for that ....)

backlot

The only thing i'm missing to get back to breeding is a destiny knot, and the two only way of getting it are a trainer couple in Sea Mauville (10% chance), or making it to Master in contests (and i'd rather save that for later or i'll be rushing it just for that ....)

I think you can save before you battle them and reset if they don't give you a Destiny Knot. I don't know of any way to force them to battle you again though.

Walk. A lot. Yeah, I'm serious, just keep walking in circles out the room that they are, that's what I did when farming for mine. I would give you one but the wi-fi signal where I am is too weak for the 3DS to connect.

i got a question guys, can i soft reset after a egg hatches to get shiny?

Nope. Shininess is determined when the egg is created. That said, you can use 3rd party programs to check which eggs will be shiny, and since shininess is effectively determined by the combination of player and egg (checking if a certain value matches), you can trade eggs to different people to facilitate shininess.

Sorry if that's a bit complicated. Someone else could probably explain what I'm talking about more accurately.

Finally got to the elite four, and recently beat episode Delta, now it's time to build my dream team.
With the Eon Flute I no longer need to HM slave anymore.
42f54d39c5.png

I already got my DexNav'd Joltik as my main.

Zero_IYAD

Finally got to the elite four, and recently beat episode Delta, now it's time to build my dream team.
With the Eon Flute I no longer need to HM slave anymore.
42f54d39c5.png

I already got my DexNav'd Joltik as my main.
Congrats : )
If you have OR & want to hunt ALL the legendaries, I have AS & caught all the legendaries in my game.
Am willing to temporary trade some of them so we both can hunt the ones that require legendaries from both games.
How do you guys take screen shots in ORAS?
This is from the Global Link website, where you sync your game.

rawk

My nephew (9) is getting one of these games for Christmas. I was thinking of breeding him a cool, strong Pokemon with good egg moves to give him later that day, after he's made a little progress during the long ride to our holiday get together.

I can't count on him EV training the thing (and in fact, I know he won't!), and I'd like to give it at a fairly low level. Not sure if I'll do any EV training for him. It depends on how much time I have.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for a good Pokemon to give? I'm thinking, something that's not obtainable in the main game, something that looks cool, and would be easy to point out which moves not to overwrite.

Edit: This would be bred in X.

Azuran

Banned
I want character customization back! I'm currently in X trying to finish my national pokedex, and my character looks so damn good in those stylish and expensive clothes he's rocking. He makes Brendan looks like a sad hobo in comparison. Is GF stating that Japanese people don't know how to wear good clothes by making it Kalos exclusive?

Qurupeke

First Battle Competition!!

battleofhoenn.png

Region: International (except Japan and Korea)
Registration Period: January 15th 2015 - January 22nd 2015
Battle Period: January 23rd 2015 - January 25th 2014
Battle Type: Single Battle
Battle Limits: 10 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: Hoenn Pokédex
Banned Pokémon: Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Pokémon not captured or hatched in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon not in Hoenn Pokédex

This competition is the first for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and as such focuses on the new regional Pokédex. This competition has got no entry gift.

I really hope we'll get another competition that allows everything soon. A team consisting of Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza would be great.
But probably not very efficient considering their abilities...

My nephew (9) is getting one of these games for Christmas. I was thinking of breeding him a cool, strong Pokemon with good egg moves to give him later that day, after he's made a little progress during the long ride to our holiday get together.

I can't count on him EV training the thing (and in fact, I know he won't!), and I'd like to give it at a fairly low level. Not sure if I'll do any EV training for him. It depends on how much time I have.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for a good Pokemon to give? I'm thinking, something that's not obtainable in the main game, something that looks cool, and would be easy to point out which moves not to overwrite.

I would go with Riolu or Charmander. IIRC kids tend to love those two.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I really hope we'll get another competition that allows everything soon. A team consisting of Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza would be great.
But probably not very efficient considering their abilities...

I had someone try to pull that one on me in doubles the other night, I laughed all the way to the winner's circle.

Azuran

Banned
Haha, just got a Shiny Palkia and a perfect Girafarig on Wonder Trade. I'm actually more shocked at the latter one since that means someone put there actually bothered to breed some.

Good stuff.

All I want is a friend ball sceptile. Is this really so much to ask!?
Pokeballs really shouldn't bother me nearly as much as they do.

I can get you a sceptile in something thats not a pokeball, but mind you it's not legit. It'll definitely be a generated pokemon and if people are watching, they'll know it's generated since it'll be in a pokeball that it can never be in.

L.O.R.D

maaan , @#$$ Deoxys
i didn't expect to meet him so soon , and i can't save
i killed him several times
and i had to restart from rayquaza
i caught rayquaza using luxury ball
but Deoxys , i spent hour trying to catch that pokemon
i think this is the hardest pokemon i tried to catch it , more harder then mewtwo in pokemon red and blue

i had to use master ball

backlot

maaan , @#$$ Deoxys
i think this is the hardest pokemon i tried to catch it , more harder then mewtwo in pokemon red and blue

i had to use master ball

You could have just KO'd it and caught it later.

maaan , @#$$ Deoxys

i had to use master ball
If you kill it it'll reappear at the top of Sky Pillar after you beat the E4 again

Bleeether

I think Parental Bond kangaskhan would be pretty cool. It's also great in battle maison.

I asked a couple pages back but I'll ask again

does anyone have a HA Chimchar???

I can give some rejected Rotom (Calm), Bagon (Timid I think), or Kangaskhan (Adamant) in return, or a 5IV Weedle(adamant), Ralts(Jolly/Modest), or Buneary(Jolly)!

Well the tourney is only limited to XY/ORAS guys and no legendaries right? That's not too bad.

If it's following VGC 2015 rules the whole national dex should be able to be used

I can give some rejected Rotom (Calm), Bagon (Timid I think), or Kangaskhan (Adamant) in return, or a 5IV Weedle(adamant), Ralts(Jolly/Modest), or Buneary(Jolly)!

If it's following VGC 2015 rules the whole national dex should be able to be used
I think I have one, but let me check first

Edit: yup, need to breed one first though

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It looks like so long as you obtained or bred whatever you're using in ORAS/XY you'll be fine, minus the short banlist.

http://nuggetbridge.com/news/standard-ruleset-2015-vgc-season-updated/

Jarekx

I could breed one from my infernape but I probably wouldn't be able to get it to ya until after the holidays.

It looks like so long as you obtained or bred whatever you're using in ORAS/XY you'll be fine, minus the short banlist.

http://nuggetbridge.com/news/standard-ruleset-2015-vgc-season-updated/

yeah, that's what i thought, thanks

I think I have one, but let me check first

Edit: yup, need to breed one first though

I could breed one from my infernape but I probably wouldn't be able to get it to ya until after the holidays.

whenever is fine for me, thanks guys

I have it ready Pegosaurus

In somewhat related news to the discussion, I just got destroyed in the Maison by a freaking Double team Regigigas. To add insult to injury it was getting crits everywhere. I swear evasion hax tops the list of worst ways to lose a battle, followed by parahax and missing those crucial moves

Top Bottom