• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Toxi

Banned
My first shiny (not including the red Gyarados) was a Machop in Ruby.

Shiny Machamp looked way better in brown than that awful green.

B5aCjVECUAANGn5.jpg

Well hey, my first you can actually tell its shiny shiny.

And I actually didn't catch it in a PokeBall for once too, lol

Magnus

I've been an avid launch window player for every game over the last several releases (BW, BW2 and XY) but missed the boat on ORAS till now due to being busy.

Just nabbed Sapphire and am wondering if there are any fast facts or need to knows that the community recommends before I start in?

Where's the best resource/info dump for explaining how Bank works with this game? Like, can I bank all my Pokemon and get them into ORAS right away, after the first gym, or post-game only? Etc.

Also, any time limited giveaways happening?

Thanks!

I've been an avid launch window player for every game over the last several releases (BW, BW2 and XY) but missed the boat on ORAS till now due to being busy.

Just nabbed Sapphire and am wondering if there are any fast facts or need to knows that the community recommends before I start in?

Where's the best resource/info dump for explaining how Bank works with this game? Like, can I bank all my Pokemon and get them into ORAS right away, after the first gym, or post-game only? Etc.

Also, any time limited giveaways happening?

Thanks!
use wifi mystery gift for a special event beldum. Bank works as soon as you turn on the game AFAIK.

Velcro Fly

Just got the 7th badge. Team is in the 42-43 range.

Think I'm going to clear out the surfing routes before continuing on win the main story. Going to try and squeeze a few more levels out for my team before I have to resort to VS Seeker grinding with EXP share on. I don't mind finishing the game underleveled but it feels like the EXP curve is starting to suck. Trainers with pokemon in the 40s only have one or two. I crushed the gym leader easy enough though.

I got a 3DS for X-Mas. I have never played a Pokemon game but always wanted to see what they were all about.
Would these two new ones be a good place to start? And do I have to buy both..if not, which should I get?

Get Alpha Sapphire. The newest ones are indeed a great place to start, but you only need one, and Team Aqua has the superior girl. Then if you like it you can get X or Y and then you'll be pretty much set.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Get Omega Ruby. The newest ones are indeed a great place to start, but you only need one, and Team Magma has the superior girl. Then if you like it you can get X or Y and then you'll be pretty much set.

Azuran

Banned
Get Alpha Sapphire. The newest ones are indeed a great place to start, but you only need one, and Team Aqua has the superior girl. Then if you like it you can get X or Y and then you'll be pretty much set.

But she's taken. You're not one of those sick people that enjoys NTR are you?

Bleeether

I got a 3DS for X-Mas. I have never played a Pokemon game but always wanted to see what they were all about.
Would these two new ones be a good place to start? And do I have to buy both..if not, which should I get?

Nah i would say go for Xy if you've never played pokemon before. You can pick it up for under 20 bucks often so it wont be a big deal if you decide not to play it again and it has more pokemon than you can find in ORAS. Unless you want tons of legendary pokemon then ORAS is cool.

Personally i found Hoenn to be boring as hell. It totally feels like you are encountering the same fights over and over again

Muku

Is Victini hard to get? On Y and don't see any trades that aren't requiring a legendary in return.

If you happen to go to other Pokemon communities or come across codes for the Scrap Campaign... you could legitimately get a Victini this generation if it's important.

1 card = Shaymin
7 cards = Keldeo
16 cards = Victini

Only thing is you might be able to trade for a code specifically, but someone might want something pretty difficult to get in exchange for it. Or you could collect the card codes themselves (which is different than the Pokemon specific code). Card code you have to sign up for an account on a Japanese website and it gives you codes along the way for ths specific things you meet requirements for.

On a side note, if anyone happens to get any Pokemon codes (as in you signed up for an account and actually already have Pokemon code in hand) that they need help getting, let me know. Willing to help if/when I can. I plan on doing a lot of restarting on my Japanese game to get some things done before actually playing a game on it.

Stefan™;144343465 said:
I think I'll give up on SRing for a shiny Latias now...

I take it's the Eon ticket one when you say for now. Yeah, Latias is a real jerk...

Azuran

Banned
Anyone here want a 5IV Meditite breeding reject? Just trying to share the wealth before I start wonder trading them away. They all come with Bullet Punch, Drain Punch, Fake Out and Psycho Cut.

Dajanksta

Banned
If you happen to go to other Pokemon communities or come across codes for the Scrap Campaign... you could legitimately get a Victini this generation if it's important.

1 card = Shaymin
7 cards = Keldeo
16 cards = Victini

Only thing is you might be able to trade for a code specifically, but someone might want something pretty difficult to get in exchange for it. Or you could collect the card codes themselves (which is different than the Pokemon specific code). Card code you have to sign up for an account on a Japanese website and it gives you codes along the way for ths specific things you meet requirements for.

On a side note, if anyone happens to get any Pokemon codes (as in you signed up for an account and actually already have Pokemon code in hand) that they need help getting, let me know. Willing to help if/when I can. I plan on doing a lot of restarting on my Japanese game to get some things done before actually playing a game on it.

I take it's the Eon ticket one when you say for now. Yeah, Latias is a real jerk...

How does one get the card codes? You have to go to specific pokemon events or something?

KtSlime

1 card = Shaymin
7 cards = Keldeo
16 cards = Victini

I'm still not clear on the scrap campaign. So I read the website and there are different products with the codes, I went to Mega Tokyo the other day to pick up some goodies, but none of the snacks there had codes, only the cards and I don't play the TCG anymore. What products have you found the scrap codes on?

Lately I've been watching some Japanese streamers; been learning Japanese Pokemon names along the way.
One of my coworkers was heartbroken to find out that Kamonegi's English name was Farfetch'd.

Zero_IYAD

Hey everyone : )

Am looking for:
Razor Fang
King's Rock
Magmarizer
Up-Grade
Whipped Dream

I have extras of these:
Deep Sea Tooth
Dubious Disc
Electirizer
Metal Coat

Zero_IYAD

I got buttloads of BP in X. Could get you one or two of those.
I'd be thankful if you grab as many as you can.
I was unlucky & my SD card got damaged a few months ago & lost all my Pokemon Y data.
Thus am trying to rebuild my dex in Alpha Sapphire now.

My FC: 2406-5158-6932

Rafavert

I'd be thankful if you grab as many as you can.
I was unlucky & my SD card got damaged a few months ago & lost all my Pokemon Y data.
Thus am trying to rebuild my dex in Alpha Sapphire now.

My FC: 2406-5158-6932

Lemme check what I can get. DO you happen to have a HA Pancham or Karrablast?

Top Bottom