• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Anyone trading legendaries? My quest to complete the Pokedex which began with X and Y continues. Also, why, why after so many games does the pokemon box still not have an auto sort button?! I want to poke a button and boom, have my pokemon sorted by dex number. Manually sorting hundreds of Pokemon is for the birds.

Nah. Save the Master Ball for shinies.

I can never justify a master ball on a non-legendary in the off-chance you want to breed. Master ball's can't be inherited so personally I'd rather it be put to use on something hard to catch than on a shiny.

And I would be so frustrated at what to throw the master ball at too when it comes to shinies since you usually get only 1 ball.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I can never justify a master ball on a non-legendary in the off-chance you want to breed. Master ball's can't be inherited so personally I'd rather it be put to use on something hard to catch than on a shiny.

And I would be so frustrated at what to throw the master ball at too when it comes to shinies since you usually get only 1 ball.
I'd be frustrated if the shiny exploded or teleported.

Tiamant

With all these items breeding sure has become eas-

*starts HP Fire breeding*

uudTwgd.gif

I need help :'(

I'd be frustrated if the shiny exploded or teleported.

I would too, but if I wanted a shiny of a pokemon that can do the said explosion or teleport I'd just go masuda method or trade. Unless in the rare off-chance you encounter one in the wild.

I'd still rather master ball a legendary lol. Shinies are valuable but they aren't that valuable to me. There are so many shiny pokemon that I can always just say I'll work for a missed one later. And if I REALLY REALLY wanted it ASAP I can get any shiny of non-gen 6 anytime lol.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I would too, but if I wanted a shiny of a pokemon that can do the said explosion or teleport I'd just go masuda method or trade. Unless in the rare off-chance you encounter one in the wild.

I'd still rather master ball a legendary lol. Shinies are valuable but they aren't that valuable to me. There are so many shiny pokemon that I can always just say I'll work for a missed one later. And if I REALLY REALLY wanted it ASAP I can get any shiny of non-gen 6 anytime lol.
Well, you can consider yourself an anomaly. It's not "unless", because shinies that you encounter haphazardly have a different kind of special attached to them. Then again though, since you can hack for shinies, I guess this is how you turn out.

Toxi

Banned
Anyone trading legendaries? My quest to complete the Pokedex which began with X and Y continues. Also, why, why after so many games does the pokemon box still not have an auto sort button?! I want to poke a button and boom, have my pokemon sorted by dex number. Manually sorting hundreds of Pokemon is for the birds.
I have Omega Ruby's legendaries on hand to trade.

Well, you can consider yourself an anomaly. It's not "unless", because shinies that you encounter haphazardly have a different kind of special attached to them. Then again though, since you can hack for shinies, I guess this is how you turn out.

I never did hack for shinies but the option is there, which kinda skewers things drastically on my end. But yeah I do acknowledge the anomaly part. Chaining/Masuda really kills any appeal to shinies for me too. When I gotten my first chained shiny, and another one 30 mins later I was like "Really this is it?"

Chances are, if I gotten a shiny randomly in the wild, I wouldn't have the master ball yet. And so far the only one that I found randomly is my precious golem (graveller back in pearl). Rest of my shinies are chained/traded.

It's like finding a shiny is great, but it's not zomg great as it is for many other people. I just see it as like finding nice rare loot with a 1/15000 drop rate instead of a 1/50000 drop rate. (I played too many MMO's in the past.)

Yrael

Yay, National dex completed (bar a couple of event legendaries) and Shiny Charm obtained! At long last. :)

Now I can finally start trying for some of the shiny legendaries. Hmmm, which one first...?

Well, just found my first Shiny in Alpha Sapphire while EV training.

Sandshrew

I already Masuda'd one

Edit: I shall put it in the Bank as my Sandshrew living dex rep!

I have Omega Ruby's legendaries on hand to trade.

Heh, I'm actually looking for harder to get ones. I already have most of the legendaries found in ORAS and after catching them again I'll have even more duplicates to trade. What I need are the rarer ones like Keldeo, Victini, Jirachi, Mew, or freaking Arceus to name a few. I also have a shiny or two to trade. I know I have a wild shiny tentacool.

I have it ready Pegosaurus
Thanks a lot!! I'm available to trade for another hour or two tonight, or after 10pm EST tomorrow. If you want to wait a couple of days until after Christmas though that's fine too. Did you want anything in return?

Heh, I'm actually looking for harder to get ones. I already have most of the legendaries found in ORAS and after catching them again I'll have even more duplicates to trade. What I need are the rarer ones like Keldeo, Victini, Jirachi, Mew, or freaking Arceus to name a few. I also have a shiny or two to trade. I know I have a wild shiny tentacool.

I can trade you a Keldeo, Jirachi, and Mew for data in a few minutes

among others

Yrael

I have all of the event legendaries that I could trade for data except for Shaymin, Manaphy and Darkrai (technically though I will have Darkrai - it's still on my Platinum file, I just haven't caught it yet!).

Thanks a lot!! I'm available to trade for another hour or two tonight, or after 10pm EST tomorrow. If you want to wait a couple of days until after Christmas though that's fine too. Did you want anything in return?

I can trade you a Keldeo, Jirachi, and Mew for data in a few minutes

among others

If by data you mean just just to get the pokedex entry, no, I'm actually looking for pokemon to keep, which is why my search is as difficult as it is. I am actually trying to collect one of every pokemon, even unevolved forms.

lupinko

I'm debating on what to do with HA Unova starter events, I'd like to keep them untouched as trophies but I would like to breed them for their HA, my breeding projects of Oshawott and especially Tepig will benefit greatly.

Been on and off SRing for shiny Latias still in AS and female Adamant Reg or shiny Torchic in OR.

The latter is just because I'm stubborn.

lupinko

I've been terribly busy lately, and time problems aside, anyone who has any outstanding legendary and event trades with me I still have your stuff waiting. Just be sure to send me a PM for follow up since there was a lot of trade requests.

Hegarol

I'm debating on what to do with HA Unova starter events, I'd like to keep them untouched as trophies but I would like to breed them for their HA, my breeding projects of Oshawott and especially Tepig will benefit greatly.
Don't you have two JAP games? Why not have one as trophy and one for breeding to spread the HA starters at PokeGAF ;)

lupinko

Don't you have two JAP games? Why not have one as trophy and one for breeding to spread the HA starters at PokeGAF ;)

They're not out yet and it would require multiple purchases well for HA Serperior because it's a Corocoro bonus.

And I have three JP games!

And three NA games. Lol

lupinko

How much do you spend on pokemon?

Not much since nowadays they are the only games I typically play.

I got an eshop card in addition to left over eshop cash I had before I left home on a recent visit for NA eshop OR and preordered the dual pack LE at my local PC. I got JP eshop AS.

The two NA carts were Christmas gifts I asked for from family back home.

I treat Pokemon like a loot game like Diablo so go figure.

Also a lot of the older games I have were bought second hand so they were really cheap.

Edit: I'll also admit that living in Japan has played a role in accumulating all these games.

Muku

I plan on using my JPN game to farm out a few HA Unova Pokemon. Couple for me, couple for friends on FB, and plan on farming a few to pass out here to help with the spread of them.

Could have sworn Samurott was the Corocoro one. Either way, two of them will be cake to get out there. Jan 9th is first one if I recall. So ready!!

Also, as an early Christmas gift, my husband got me the Pokemon Illustration Collection book. It's illustration from the TCG over the years, shows the artwork the booster packs come from and all. Really awesome if you're into TCG, though to be honest, I think I'd dig it even if I weren't. Love the Pokemon artwork. Think it's my new favorite book!

I hate hidden powers so goddamn much, I actually actively avoid pokemon that need one.

Same here. :lol

I plan on using my JPN game to farm out a few HA Unova Pokemon. Couple for me, couple for friends on FB, and plan on farming a few to pass out here to help with the spread of them.

Could have sworn Samurott was the Corocoro one. Either way, two of them will be cake to get out there. Jan 9th is first one if I recall. So ready!!

That's awesome of you, Muku. I'm always willing to take one of each off your hands once you have them.

Which reminds me that I need to spread around some starters and other stuff on Wonder Trade tomorrow. Make a few kids' christmas even better.

Magnus

I feel kind of stupid sometimes for just want to adventure, explore and collect them all and not even bother with the complications of breeding. But I'd never have a chance battling online without breeding and worrying about IV/EV/all that nonsense, eh? My Pokemon would just get totally outclassed, I imagine.

Muku

Same here. :lol

That's awesome of you, Muku. I'm always willing to take one of each off your hands once you have them.

Which reminds me that I need to spread around some starters and other stuff on Wonder Trade tomorrow. Make a few kids' christmas even better.

Sure, will farm ones for you. :) Want to get them out there so folks can start breeding for HA and help folks get it quick.

Sounds like a good idea! I would do that but already spent last half of the year doing stuff in-game for Christmas in WoW. Gave over 100 presents away in-game this past weekend. Folks seemed pretty happy. Gave away pets and mounts. Plan to do it next year.
Already working on getting stuff for next years... started day after giving the presents out, haha.
Hope you can make some folks happy! It's always a good feeling. :)

L.O.R.D

i still don't get that "triangle" thing , and what that had to do with Deoxys

can some one explain ?

in the bio it says Deoxys was born after some laser hit him and he was mutated
but that didn't happen in the game

Top Bottom