• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

lupinko

I plan on using my JPN game to farm out a few HA Unova Pokemon. Couple for me, couple for friends on FB, and plan on farming a few to pass out here to help with the spread of them.

Could have sworn Samurott was the Corocoro one. Either way, two of them will be cake to get out there. Jan 9th is first one if I recall. So ready!!

Also, as an early Christmas gift, my husband got me the Pokemon Illustration Collection book. It's illustration from the TCG over the years, shows the artwork the booster packs come from and all. Really awesome if you're into TCG, though to be honest, I think I'd dig it even if I weren't. Love the Pokemon artwork. Think it's my new favorite book!

Do you know how the other distros work? The Pokemon Get TV or what ever? Is that an actual show or a separate magazine?

And in general what are people's opinions on using PP Ups.

backlot

I'd love to max out the PP on every move I have but that isn't very feasible. As a rule I usually just max out 5 PP moves and recovery moves. Occasionally I'll use it on a 10 PP move if I think I'll be using it a lot like Sylveon Hyper Voice or Porygon2 Ice Beam.

lupinko

I'd love to max out the PP on every move I have but that isn't very feasible. As a rule I usually just max out 5 PP moves and recovery moves. Occasionally I'll use it on a 10 PP move if I think I'll be using it a lot like Sylveon Hyper Voice or Porygon2 Ice Beam.

Oh ok because I have a careful Shiny Hooh sitting in Pearl right now with many unused PP Ups, I also have the roost TM too in that game. I haven't brought it and shiny Mild Lugia up to gen 6 to re Ev train yet.

Yrael

I've decided to try for a shiny Sylveon. :) It's taken me a little while to get started though, because I realised that even though I have some Anticipation Eevees they're all in Poke balls, whereas I'd prefer my shiny in a Premier ball! Eventually I did manage to catch a HA female Eevee with a Premier ball by using the DexNav, and I also have a male Eevee with Wish as an egg move. My next step now is getting a female Eevee with both Wish and Anticipation, at which point I'll pair it with a Japanese Ditto for the Masuda method.

(I'm going to be sending out a hell of a lot of HA Eevees over Wonder Trade on Christmas.)

Heropon

I didn't think the Shiny Charm would be so effective. In less than two days I've got a Skarmory, a Whismur in a horde battle and a golden Shellder without actively hunting for shinies. The shellder's IVs are pretty meh but at least it's nice to look at it.

Muku

Do you know how the other distros work? The Pokemon Get TV or what ever? Is that an actual show or a separate magazine?

It's a TV show that comes on like Sunday early morning. From sound of what Joe was saying, it's going to be a generic blanket code that will be given out. So you could farm it. That's what I'm going for.

About to head to bed, but figure I'll toss a couple of things up. I'll respond to messages and all in the morning.

Meloetta - Have this for trade. Used to be part of my Pokedex but got one I prefer over it. It's got the correct trainer ID/OT for the Japanese movie release (it's also in JPN). Level is 38 with Pokerus. It is a clone.

Shiny Sylveon - Prefer to trade this for another shiny. Contact me if you need further information.

Hegarol

Meloetta - Have this for trade. Used to be part of my Pokedex but got one I prefer over it. It's got the correct trainer ID/OT for the Japanese movie release (it's also in JPN). Level is 38 with Pokerus. It is a clone.
Anything particular you want as a tradeback?

lupinko

It's a TV show that comes on like Sunday early morning. From sound of what Joe was saying, it's going to be a generic blanket code that will be given out. So you could farm it. That's what I'm going for.

About to head to bed, but figure I'll toss a couple of things up. I'll respond to messages and all in the morning.

Shiny Sylveon - Prefer to trade this for another shiny. Contact me if you need further information.

Oh ok, I don't have Japanese Cable, I only pay for Fiber Optic Internet.

I turned a shiny Eevee I got recently into a Sylveon for my shiny dex. :)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Just getting back into Pokèmon with Y. I'm enjoying it a lot and I'd love to work towards getting a full dex... what games would I need to attempt that? is Y, AS a solid start or would I need Black 2 as well? thanks!

lupinko

Just getting back into Pokèmon with Y. I'm enjoying it a lot and I'd love to work towards getting a full dex... what games would I need to attempt that? is Y, AS a solid start or would I need Black 2 as well? thanks!

ORAS and XY can let you catch everything outside of some Mythical events (eg Mew, Meloetta, etc). Unless you want to do RNG abuse in older games and go hardcore, Y and AS would be more than enough for you.

Although BW and their sequels are great standalone games too.

KtSlime

Street-pass (is that what it's called?) trading made me feel bad today. Someone with a killer collection passed by me and wanted to trade, they kept showing me all their legendaries, but I have nothing good in my collection (I skipped gen 5, and just started gen 6). Best I could offer was a Natu for a Torchic. Need to up my game.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Street-pass (is that what it's called?) trading made me feel bad today. Someone with a killer collection passed by me and wanted to trade, they kept showing me all their legendaries, but I have nothing good in my collection (I skipped gen 5, and just started gen 6). Best I could offer was a Natu for a Torchic. Need to up my game.
Passerby trades are usually full of losers wanting to show off; try to ignore them unless you are bored, but hey, at least they traded something. Streetpass is the feature on the 3DS itself that helps you get the Eon Ticket and other goodies when you pass people in real life.

How did you "pass" by? Online or out in the public?

That sounds a bit like me; except most of my stuff is NFT or breeding fodder.

At VGC this year, some youngster was complaining how most of my Pokemon were Level 1 while he was trying to trade me a shiny Blastoise.

And he wanted one of my battle-ready Sylveons. "You've got two!" "They serve totally different functions!"

Sniff... so happy Sylveon gets Hyper Voice. (Although it sucks when you're EV training and forget Whismurs are Soundproof.)

KtSlime

Passerby trades are usually full of losers wanting to show off; try to ignore them unless you are bored, but hey, at least they traded something. Streetpass is the feature on the 3DS itself that helps you get the Eon Ticket and other goodies when you pass people in real life.

How did you "pass" by? Online or out in the public?

That sounds a bit like me; except most of my stuff is NFT or breeding fodder.

At VGC this year, some youngster was complaining how most of my Pokemon were Level 1 while he was trying to trade me a shiny Blastoise.

And he wanted one of my battle-ready Sylveons. "You've got two!" "They serve totally different functions!"

Sniff... so happy Sylveon gets Hyper Voice. (Although it sucks when you're EV training and forget Whismurs are Soundproof.)

It was public, I live in Tokyo so I get a lot of people passing by on my 3DS.

I got my Eon ticket a while back, maybe the second day it was available, I just don't know what anything is called in English. Aside from the 151 originals, and a few legendaries, I have no idea what any of the English names for the pokemon are either. Constantly having to look them up to read this thread, LOL.

Glad I got the Torchic, the person kept offering a zigzag (japanese is ziguzaguma) for my pathetic offers. LOL.

Edit: You reminded me, I got to start breeding some Eevee's

It was public, I live in Tokyo so I get a lot of people passing by on my 3DS.

Aha, that's passerby trading as mentioned; it can be done online or locally.

To further clarify, StreetPass is when you passively swap Secret Base and other data (like the Eon Ticket).

Haha, I don't think I'm ready to breed anymore Eevees; I've already bred a lot in the past and still haven't used the perfect kids yet.

However, I am hoping to trade for a Shiny Sylveon eventually (I made an order for one, but dunno if the user has had any luck, since I picked such a hard request
HP ground female
.).

jon bones

ORAS and XY can let you catch everything outside of some Mythical events (eg Mew, Meloetta, etc). Unless you want to do RNG abuse in older games and go hardcore, Y and AS would be more than enough for you.

Although BW and their sequels are great standalone games too.

OK awesome! is it possible to somehow get these Mythical event pokèmon eventually?

OK awesome! is it possible to somehow get these Mythical event pokèmon eventually?

As far as legit ones go, you'll have to wait until Game Freak or whoever decide to give them away in event distributions to people outside of Japan, whenever that may be. But given how they highlighted the fact that you can catch every legendary between XY and ORAS I wouldn't be surprised if that was sooner rather than later.

jon bones

As far as legit ones go, you'll have to wait until Game Freak or whoever decide to give them away in event distributions to people outside of Japan, whenever that may be. But given how they highlighted the fact that you can catch every legendary between XY and ORAS I wouldn't be surprised if that was sooner rather than later.

awesome, seems like a good time to jump back in

L.O.R.D

since when Groudon is not tradeable via wonder trade ?
NZ1FvcE.jpg

one_kill

I'm guilty of doing this... but when someone does it to me

Just d/c when they do that since all they're doing is wanting to show off

It's certainly possible! I did it myself in XY

Had a lot of help from PokeGAF

I traded a Feebas for Zapdos once. Mind you it was 5IV Feebas with 4 egg moves.

However some people may be feeling generous and want to give away pokes.

And it's not streepass trading, it's passerby

edit: FINALLY a 6IV skarmory. Now I can work on getting my roserade

I'm really close to finishing my team. Is there a fighting pokemon that doesn't mind Pixilate hyper voice? I realize that's somewhat oxymoronical but If there is one that would be the ultimate way to round off my team.

Please don't be conkeldurr, that poke is so icky :(
Also, does someone have a junk ho-oh/lugia I can take of their hands to hunt down suicune? Don't want to bother with resetting for my ho-oh if I can help it.

I'm really close to finishing my team. Is there a fighting pokemon that doesn't mind Pixilate hyper voice? I realize that's somewhat oxymoronical but If there is one that would be the ultimate way to round off my team.

Also, does someone have a junk ho-oh/lugia I can take of their hands to hunt down suicune? Don't want to bother with resetting for my ho-oh if I can help it.

Conkeldurr couldn't take a PHV if its life depended on it, assuming Sylveon is the pokemon you're looking out for. Whatever fighting type there isn't 2HKOd by it is probably both very defensive and has a secondary type that makes it neutral. Good luck with that though lol

Fire, Steel and Poison resist Fairy, so you'll need a Fighting/Fire, Fighting/Steel or Fighting/Poison pokemon.

PS: This is to take normal damage, negating the SE effect of fairies on Fighting.

Azuran

Banned

A fighting type surviving that? Well, good luck. Might as well go with Scrafty and go down in style.

Fire, Steel and Poison resist Fairy, so you'll need a Fighting/Fire, Fighting/Steel or Fighting/Poison pokemon.

PS: This is to take normal damage, negating the SE effect of fairies on Fighting.

To also make things easier.

Fighting/Fire

- Blaziken
- Infernape

Fighting/Steel

- Lucario

Fighting/Poison

- Toxicroak

Didn't bother list the pre-evos

You forgot Cobalion which is probably his best bet in regards to that

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 136 SpD Assault Vest Cobalion: 153-181 (39.6 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

In Doubles anyway. It can switch in on an attack and 2HKO it with Iron Head in the best case scenario

A fighting type surviving that? Well, good luck. Might as well go with Scrafty and go down in style.
This is what is currently on my team for exactly that reason LOL
To also make things easier.

Fighting/Fire

- Blaziken
- Infernape

Fighting/Steel

- Lucario

Fighting/Poison

- Toxicroak

Didn't bother list the pre-evos
Lucario makes a lot of sense. Will run calcs and potentially playtest it.
You forgot Cobalion which is probably his best bet in regards to that

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 136 SpD Assault Vest Cobalion: 153-181 (39.6 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

In Doubles anyway. It can switch in on an attack and 2HKO it with Iron Head in the best case scenario
Good point... Might try this, though I would rather not add another reset frenzy to my team.

Muku

Anything particular you want as a tradeback?

One of those herpy kinda days for me. Um, for Meloetta? Naw, you can trade whatever.

Oh ok, I don't have Japanese Cable, I only pay for Fiber Optic Internet.

I turned a shiny Eevee I got recently into a Sylveon for my shiny dex. :)

I have Japanese cable, but you're not missing much. Think my provider went the route of US stuff and chopped a lot out of the basic cable and put them in higher tiers, as we've lost NatGeo, Discover... actually damn every reason why we got it originally. I don't think it'll be a problem though. Since it's a generic code, sure we'll be able to find it online. I don't plan on being up that early (if we even have channel it appears on) to get it. So think we'll be good.

since when Groudon is not tradeable via wonder trade?

If you have an Adamant or Jolly left, I'd love to take one off your hands. :lol

On an unrelated note: merry Christmas Pokégaf. May your tourneys end in victory, your Pokémon good-natured and your SR sessions short.

Muku

Wish the PSS was given earlier in the game. Sigh. Having to use Pokebank to transfer over wouldn't be bad if they didn't require Pokedex first. Just lots of hassle.

Top Bottom