• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Hi Pokegaf, I have a problem with the Eon Ticket

One of my store (in Belgium) gives the ticket with Streetpass but my 3DS didn't receive any notifications. As anyone had the same problem with streetpass ? I updated the street mii plaza after that, I wonder if that is the problem...

Check if you have it in-game by connecting to the internet and receiving info.

If not, just check Reddit for a guide to make your own Streetpass network at home. I'm in Belgium too, I got it in mere minutes.

Azuran

Banned

One of my store (in Belgium) gives the ticket with Streetpass but my 3DS didn't receive any notifications. As anyone had the same problem with streetpass ? I updated the street mii plaza after that, I wonder if that is the problem...

Did you made sure check the BuzzNav to see if you got it?

-Horizon-

I feel bad. I haven't touched this game since I beat Team Aqua's base in Lilycove and should be heading towards Mossdeep. That was like a month ago.

DaBoss

Either make sure that ORAS isn't the top-left game in the StreetPass management thing in Settings or disable StreetPass for Mii Plaza.

I checked the buzznav even when I was in the store

Either make sure that ORAS isn't the top-left game in the StreetPass management thing in Settings or disable StreetPass for Mii Plaza.

Where is the streetpass management thing ?

Hi PokeGAF,
I seem to have an issue with my copy of AS. I transferred the Pokeballs from the demo earlier and then I closed my 3DS and the game won't come back on after I open it. It was working perfectly fine before I did this. My other games are working fine, so I don't think it's a 3DS problem. Any advice? :(

EDIT: ok i think the problem is that it's taking a really long time to go into sleep mode for some reason and if I open it before it goes into sleep mode it doesn't come back? this is the only game doing this.

Linius

Arrived at Victory Road, dat soundtrack.

Team

Camerupt - Lv. 46
Sharpedo - Lv. 46
Altaria - Lv. 48
Metagross - Lv. 48
Manectric - Lv. 48
Sceptile - Lv. 48

I doubt I'm overleveled. Hopefully I'm not underleveled. Have to say it's rather nice to go trough the game without the exp. share. Loved exploring everywhere and beating every trainer I came across. Took me almost 36 hours to get here. I suppose my first time beating the Elite Four will be after ~38 hours.

Toxi

Banned

Team

Camerupt - Lv. 46
Sharpedo - Lv. 46
Altaria - Lv. 48
Metagross - Lv. 48
Manectric - Lv. 48
Sceptile - Lv. 48

I doubt I'm overleveled. Hopefully I'm not underleveled. Have to say it's rather nice to go trough the game without the exp. share. Loved exploring everywhere and beating every trainer I came across. Took me almost 36 hours to get here. I suppose my first time beating the Elite Four will be after ~38 hours.
You're a bit underleveled at worst. You're going to have a bitch of a time with the champion though. Good luck.

OmegaFax

Team

Camerupt - Lv. 46
Sharpedo - Lv. 46
Altaria - Lv. 48
Metagross - Lv. 48
Manectric - Lv. 48
Sceptile - Lv. 48

Probably in for a little bit of a challenge. I imported all of my Pokemon from X using Bank. It wasn't much of a challenge with Lv.70+ Pokemon.

Linius

Oh well, can always run trough Victory Road twice. It seems trainers are available for a rebattle quite fast in this game. I'll make sure I'm bringing enough meds with me for the E4.

Raiding the Sea Mauville place almost doubled the money I had at the time btw. Dem nuggets
Qn7jPOo.png

Azuran

Banned

Team

Camerupt - Lv. 46
Sharpedo - Lv. 46
Altaria - Lv. 48
Metagross - Lv. 48
Manectric - Lv. 48
Sceptile - Lv. 48

Only 36 hours? That's on the low scale man. It took me over 80 to beat Steven. That DexNav is a gift from the heavens.

Team

Camerupt - Lv. 46
Sharpedo - Lv. 46
Altaria - Lv. 48
Metagross - Lv. 48
Manectric - Lv. 48
Sceptile - Lv. 48

For what it's worth I faced the champion with all my Pokemon around that level. Bring looots of items if you don't wanna grind. You'll need them against Drake and Steven.

lol I say this when I got extremely lucky. If my Shiftry didn't have Foul Play from DexNav I would have lost. (and I wasn't aiming to get that move lol) That move was the reason I managed against Steven's Metagross.

Linius

Only 36 hours? That's on the low scale man. It took me over 80 to beat Steven. That DexNav is a gift from the heavens.

I'm not a competitive player, so I guess that cuts some serious time. I'm never on the look out for specific natures and stuff like that. I did catch most of the pokemons on the routes I've been though.

For what it's worth I faced the champion with all my Pokemon around that level. Bring looots of items if you don't wanna grind. You'll need them against Drake and Steven.

lol I say this when I got extremely lucky. If my Shiftry didn't have Foul Play from DexNav I would have lost. (and I wasn't aiming to get that move lol) That move was the reason I managed against Steven's Metagross.

I suppose earthquake and lavaplume should do some decent damage to Metagross. Looking at his team in this game I think my Camerupt should do most of the business. I'll just level them up a bit. Try to get them level with Stevens pokemon.

Azuran

Banned
I'm not a competitive player, so I guess that cuts some serious time. I'm never on the look out for specific natures and stuff like that. I did catch most of the pokemons on the routes I've been though.

I suppose earthquake and lavaplume should do some decent damage to Metagross. Looking at his team in this game I think my Camerupt should do most of the business. I'll just level them up a bit. Try to get them level with Stevens pokemon.

You can also use X items to make your life easier. A couple of X-Defense items against Steven certainly helps a lot.

Linius

Damn, I'm on track for sub-20. Do you guys just leave the game on at night?

Well there are lots of place to get sidetracked with. And I spend a couple of hours on chain fishing. If I were to rush trough this game I would make it in under 20 hours. But this time I just wanted to do it slowly and enjoy the ride.

Fury Sense

Got the game for xmas! Just got kicked out of the first gym by my dad, so I'm gonna run around the whole country until I'm ready to beat his ass I guess.

Gonna use the same strat as I did for XY: Keep EXPALL on, box any pokemon that evolves to its final evolution, wield a very wide diversity of monsters.

Hope I find time to play at least long enough to beat Elite 4

I'm really starting to get worried about the Street pass on my 3DS.

I used the hotspot trick to get streetpass... Nothing.

Also I was on really crowded place today, with street pass activated... Nothing.

one_kill

I'm really starting to get worried about the Street pass on my 3DS.

I used the hotspot trick to get streetpass... Nothing.

Also I was on really crowded place today, with street pass activated... Nothing.
Do you keep your console in a case or bag? Those can limit the console's capacity to receive data

Also, are you sure you've turned on SP in the game?

So GAF, am I allowed to complain about the nickname on this WT mon?
I made some of these and WT'd them online

Got the idea off a poster here. I forgot who it was, but he got a bunch of Garbodors and nicknamed them Miley Cyrus

DaBoss

ORAS is indeed in the street pass management data, I deactivate and reactivated now
You're supposed to make it not the top-left game (so the first game it lists in StreetPass Management).

I've had troubles with StreetPass for ORAS, and made it not the first game in it to get it to work with Hotspots (Nintendo Zones and Homepass). You should also try disabling StreetPass Mii Plaza. I'm not exactly sure if that helped me, but I did that and it seemed to fix any issues I had with ORAS StreetPasses.
Sometimes (at least for me), it'll switch between displaying the ability and the item it holds.
If it has an item, then it will show the item instead of the ability.

roknin

...I'm tempted to download this now that I got DAT XMAS MONEY

Still going to miss the ever-loving hell out of customization. :-(

roknin

It's the sacrifice we all had to make for DexNav.

Haha alright, yeah I can't fight the urge any longer. Will prol'ly hop on the e-shop tonight and grab it.

I still have Fantasy Life to go through and once I'm back home I'm DL'ing Shantae on Wii-U... but eff it, I'll just build my backlog up larger, at worst. :p

I FINALLY GOT THIS PASS !

Here (Avast told me it was a dangerous file, I still used though and it worked but you're warned).

It works for those who have the lastest firmware.

(And I supress all my other streetpass data for increase my odds of streetpassing this, don't need the other data anyway)

Gorillaz

Probably asked a million times but honestly getting back into the "game" should I just start off with x/y instead of oras? I recently got sapphire and while I love the updates I feel like i'm going through the motions since I was kinda meh on it back then. Heard X/Y was more of a change due to character customization and apparently a different flow story wise and game wise? At the same time I know this is the newer one and most likely will get actual add on content going forward over x/y. Idk.

Probably asked a million times but honestly getting back into the "game" should I just start off with x/y instead of oras? I recently got sapphire and while I love the updates I feel like i'm going through the motions since I was kinda meh on it back then. Heard X/Y was more of a change due to character customization and apparently a different flow story wise and game wise? At the same time I know this is the newer one and most likely will get actual add on content going forward over x/y. Idk.
The biggest difference by far between X/Y and ORAS is that X/Y has far and away the most varied and expansive lineup of available Pokemon in the series. There are 300+ Pokemon available for capture before the Elite 4 (as opposed to the usual # of something like 100) and you'll be seeing even more than that through battles - it's pretty far removed from ORAS's comparatively limited variety and repeat Pokemon sightings.

I personally really enjoyed the Kalos region but some people find it really boring and I'm really enjoying how Hoenn is presented more. But just the sheer variety of Pokemon on show kept X/Y very engaging to me. In fact, while a lot of people complain about the EXP Share and its new mechanics, I found it extremely useful, because you've basically run into multiple instances of every elemental type of Pokemon (even dragons) before you've even hit the third gym and EXP Share enables you to train multiple teams of Pokemon in the same amount of time it would take to train a single team in any other Pokemon game. By the Elite 4 I had 40 Pokemon at level parity with opposing trainers with nary any grinding.

After playing through X/Y and making extensive use of online functionality (which is at the forefront of the ui at all times if you choose to use it, and it's expansive as hell) I had a massive stock of babies from breeding and trading that I hadn't used. So I moved them over to ORAS and between using Dexnav to search for better versions of Hoenn native Pokemon with secret moves/abilities, and my X/Y leftover Pokemon, I've now got an even bigger active roster of 45 lv40+ Pokemon in ORAS (I'm just past the 7th gym and trainer Pokemon are level 40-43, for reference).

X/Y also puts a fair bit of emphasis on character customization, it's nothing massive but it's pretty neat and fresh to play through as something of your own trainer. I'd say start with X/Y and transfer some Pokemon over to ORAS when you're done. Or, use Dexnav to search for better versions of Hoenn Pokemon in ORAS, you might be surprised just how many Pokemon have really awesome hidden moves or abilities.

XY is underwhelming as a game. I would only recommend it over ORAS if having a huge selection of pokemon available very early is important to you.

one_kill

The world in ORAS opens up after the sixth gym and becomes really exciting after the seventh gym. It has better post game than XY.

That said, XY is better for beginners or people getting back into the series. It offers better Pokemon variety and it's more linear than ORAS.

Top Bottom