• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, the BuzzNav claimed I passed by 30 people while I was out and about earlier, but aside from a little mailbox-like icon, nothing seemed to come from it. :T Nor did I have a little green dot on the game on the Home screen. Heard I have to turn off Streetpass for all other titles for it to work. Can anyone confirm?

Isn't the mailbox thing the streetpass?

So what's the best way to have a good competitive legendary ? The Synchronize Pokemon on the first slot and that's all ?

Yep I know but I wonder if there is a more accurate way to get the perfect IV, not only the nature can be 50% wrong but you also get only 3 IV :/ I catch Terrakion like 10 times today and only got 3 times the good nature and when it was good, the IV were bad :/

Everyone looking to get a perfect legendary should read THIS. Very insightful.

one_kill

So, the BuzzNav claimed I passed by 30 people while I was out and about earlier, but aside from a little mailbox-like icon, nothing seemed to come from it. :T Nor did I have a little green dot on the game on the Home screen. Heard I have to turn off Streetpass for all other titles for it to work. Can anyone confirm?
Perhaps it was from logging online

As for what you get, they just give you new mirage spots and update secret bases. If you have an Eon Ticket already, it will not repeat the message that tells you that you got one

Linius

It's easy to get one. Tons of ORAS players should have one by now. Well that is if you live in a populated area of course. The day after the Eon passes were given out by a store here in my country I got one trough streetpass right away.

Got this for Christmas, and I love how the old sprites keep popping up.

But I did a Nuzlocke, and now that I have omega Groudon I'm pretty sure the challenge is over.

entremet

Sharpedo is the best HM Slave ever.

This game is growing on me. I enjoyed a lot of the side quests.

And Victory Road wasn't a slog like the other Pokemon games.

Was Victory Road just a compact in the originals?

Yep I know but I wonder if there is a more accurate way to get the perfect IV, not only the nature can be 50% wrong but you also get only 3 IV :/ I catch Terrakion like 10 times today and only got 3 times the good nature and when it was good, the IV were bad :/
If you're going for a Jolly Terrakion, get a mon with 139 speed and have it do a non-damaging attack. If it goes second, continue using that attack until Terrakion KOs it (ideally you'll go in with low HP and your speed checker will get KO'd right away). If it goes first, reset.

Now you bring in a 165 HP Final Gambit user that is faster than Terrakion. Use Final Gambit. If it lives, catch it. If it gets KO'd, reset. Do all this with animations turned off of course.

This makes the chances very high that the Terrakion you catch will be Jolly with ideal HP and Speed IVs. Not guaranteed of course.

Muku

Does turning off forced saving when connecting to the internet still work in ORAS? I have it turned off but it still asks me to save every time I want to wonder trade.

Forced saving when you connect to the internet only removes the "We're going to save your game before you connect to the internet" type deal. If you connect directly to internet by going through Wonder Trade, then that option is still on, it's just you have to save before you WT. You have to save before you WT even if you have it turned off in X/Y.

Contrary Serperior code for Japanese ORAS players

POKEMON497

Not live until January 9th.

I think we can safely guess the other two, too

Sweet! Not surprised on the unoriginal code, but guess it's easiest and makes sense though since it's a generic code.

this code are infinite use any japanese game can use it ?

Yes. It's a generic code that is to be released on a Pokemon show.

Thanks ! I don't think I would use the speed checker but those stats are really helpful.

Unless speed isn't important to you (which would be a bit odd), I would strongly recommend a speed checker of some sort. Raised my resets/hour by a huge amount.
What do folks think of this Suicune:
IVs: 12, 13 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 22, 23 / 30, 31 / 30, 31

pushing it a bit. Wish that att IV was the HP IV.

SeanR1221

Loving this game. I never played the original.

In the Mauville city gym now so I'm just getting started :)

I just feel like with pokemon there's a lot of deep side stuff you can easily miss.

backlot

If you didn't see anything on the home screen then you just got all those BuzzNav hits from online and didn't actually StreetPass anyone. I can also confirm that you don't have to turn off StreetPass for all other games because I never did that.

Velcro Fly

Just saying fuck it and catching a Bagon once I get the 8th badge. Will figure my team out after that but Mega Mence looks awesome.

I'll use the welfare shiny Metagross when I'm playing Omega Ruby.

pariah164

If you didn't see anything on the home screen then you just got all those BuzzNav hits from online and didn't actually StreetPass anyone. I can also confirm that you don't have to turn off StreetPass for all other games because I never did that.
So basically, nobody I passed had Pokemon ORAS, and on top of that, no Eon Ticket.

Sigh. This is gonna take a while. May just trade with someone to get Latios' info in my dex, then trade back.

Qurupeke

Ι wonder how many M Salamences will show up in the Hoenn Competition. I just caught Regice and hopefully it will work great as a counter to Salamence(and every other eligible Dragon).

MicH

Ι wonder how many M Salamences will show up in the Hoenn Competition. I just caught Regice and hopefully it will work great as a counter to Salamence(and every other eligible Dragon).
Doesn't most dragons carry some sort of Fire move? I know Salamence often carries Fire Blast

Muku

Doesn't most dragons carry some sort of Fire move? I know Salamence often carries Fire Blast

If they're smart, they'd have a Fire move on it, yeah. Salamence have a couple of Fire moves available to it in ORAS. Fire Blast is on the table for it. As is Incinerate I believe.

Yrael

Lf3S0qS.png

Yayyyy, I hatched a shiny Eevee!

6MMvafB.png

Nooooo, it has Adaptability instead of Anticipation! >< God damn it!

Oh well, I'll still keep it, and keep trying for a shiny Anticipation Eevee. It helps that I have access to Hatching O-Power Level 3 now. It would actually be kind of cool to have all of the shiny Eeveelutions with my own trainer ID.

Yrael

Yeah, shiny Umbreon looks awesome - I already have one though (traded over from my old Platinum file). :) I'm not sure what I'll turn this one into...I was intending to get a shiny Sylveon, but I'd rather it have its HA.

It has a Modest nature, and 4 IVs (in everything except for Attack and Special Defence).

This is the list of Eevee's I still want to breed:

Eevee natures:
- Vaporeon: Calm
- Jolteon: Timid
- Flareon: Adamant
- Espeon: Timid: HA
- Umbreon: Calm
- Glaceon: Modest: HA
- Leafeon: Jolly: HA
- Sylveon: Modest: HA

So you could go for a Jolteon, or Glaceon without its HA.

Or just do whatever you like. :lol

denshuu

Quick question:

For Arcanine... Overheat or Outrage?

I just can't decide!

Flare Blitz instead of Overheat. Arcanine's Attack is slightly higher than his Special Attack. Outrage isn't really good on him. He doesn't get a STAB bonus from it, so he won't be able to one hit KO much of anything, and then he has to deal with the confusion afterwards.

In-game? Overheat. Outrage really only hits Dragon types and thats without STAB so eh.

Overheat it is!
He has maxed Sp.Atk too so will work well, thanks :)

Flare Blitz instead of Overheat. Arcanine's Attack is slightly higher than his Special Attack. Outrage isn't really good on him. He doesn't get a STAB bonus from it, so he won't be able to one hit KO much of anything, and then he has to deal with the confusion afterwards.

Flare Blitz is a lock for sure, currently set up like this:

OVERHEAT - FLARE BLITZ
EXTREME SPEED - WILD CHARGE

With 252 in Atk and Sp.Atk. It's a little slow but Extreme Speed sees me through.
Was pretty set on using Heat Wave for a while due to it hitting multiple targets (I play Double Battles the most) but it doesn't seem strong enough...

RedShift

First thing I'm going to do when I get that shiny charm is breed up a decent shiny Growlithe.

Currently got Gens 1-3 done, and only a few short for 4. I wish getting evolution items wasn't such a ballache. I want to kill whoever designed that balloon popping game. 50 tries and no Electriliser/Magmariser.

First thing I'm going to do when I get that shiny charm is breed up a decent shiny Growlithe.

Currently got Gens 1-3 done, and only a few short for 4. I wish getting evolution items wasn't such a ballache. I want to kill whoever designed that balloon popping game. 50 tries and no Electriliser/Magmariser.

You're better off buying those from the Battle Maison, aren't you?

Morokh

damnit, I just completely bred and EV trained a swinub only to realize that it lacks Ancient Power to evolve into Mamoswine !

>_<

Morokh

It's listed as an egg move on serebii, and it did not know it in the first place.
I don't think the move re-learner works in this case (does it ?)

Edit : Oh ! it works :D
Thanks HawthorneKitty !!!

L.O.R.D

i hate when this happen

K6hjX7J.jpg

kdxnul3.jpg

i am working on living pokedex and shiny charm in the same time
also trying to get every form possible , i already used 27 box and finished gen 1-5
( 4 deoxys , 6 gene , 26 Unown , 4 Deerling and 4Sawsbuck , etc )
i still need to make a box only for Arceus

but i am very worry about the Vivillon , its gonna be painful collect all of them

Kalos dex , here i come

Iilj3Bf.jpg

soo close

Hey everyone,

So I think I am finally going to bite on this game. Are the islands or whatever where you catch Deoxys and other legendaries locked from the game? Like would I have to go to some Gamestop event to be able to access some of the game's content?

EDIT: Looks like only Latios/Latias are locked behind an event?

Top Bottom