• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

There aren't any legendaries this time around that are dependant on the starter chosen this time, correct? Want to make sure before I start OR (well, started but only chosen a starter) and JPN AS (which is okay for a while because I'm using it to farm Pokemon at the moment).

Was hoping Latias was going to pull a Christmas surprise. I guess she doesn't believe in Christmas. I really just want to play again, but I'm hell bent on getting her to be shiny. I feel like this is a horrible place to put Latias in overall story.

Dajanksta

Banned
Anyone have a light ball and female pikachu they can trade? Haven't learned fly yet and it's a looooooomg bike ride to go where the pikchu are.

Macka

Typhlosion more or less. It can stand on its hind-legs, but all the media suggests it walks and runs on all fours.
Eh, Feraligatr apparently does the same, but their standard attacking pose is always standing upright so I wouldn't really count that.

I was hopeful we'd get a true quadruped final form with Fennekin, but no. :/

lupinko

There aren't any legendaries this time around that are dependant on the starter chosen this time, correct? Want to make sure before I start OR (well, started but only chosen a starter) and JPN AS (which is okay for a while because I'm using it to farm Pokemon at the moment).

Was hoping Latias was going to pull a Christmas surprise. I guess she doesn't believe in Christmas. I really just want to play again, but I'm hell bent on getting her to be shiny. I feel like this is a horrible place to put Latias in overall story.

Yeah same here, I'm going to start my eshop OR NA and my cart AS JP now while I SR shiny Latias on eshop AS JP.

The pros and cons of treating pokemon like a pseudo looting game. Lol

Yrael

I would have mentioned the frill necked lizard as an Australian Pokemon, but there's already one in the form of Heliolisk:

695Heliolisk.png

Apart from that, I didn't see mentioned:

- Potoroo:

tumblr_ng83e05V3D1tzczilo1_400.jpg

- Bandicoot (especially the Bilby):

bilby_572x289.jpg

- Quoll:

- Numbat:

- Tree Kangaroo:

Muku

Yeah same here, I'm going to start my eshop OR NA and my cart AS JP now while I SR shiny Latias on eshop AS JP.

The pros and cons of treating pokemon like a pseudo looting game. Lol

Yeah, I'm thinking of starting OR in mean time. Latias has been so awful. Problem though is before I can do that I need to get a few Sync Pokemon (Timid, Adamant, Jolly, Modest) for that play through. Not going to SR for shinies there except for ones I can't get in AS (Ho-Oh, Palkia, Reshiram, Tornadus) though to extent which I'll go through dunno. But in OR I want to at least try to get doable natures. (Plus have to swap between both to get some like Giratina and all.)

Just want to make sure none of them are dependant on starter before I leap into OR, but doesn't look like it does.

lupinko

Yeah, I'm thinking of starting OR in mean time. Latias has been so awful. Problem though is before I can do that I need to get a few Sync Pokemon (Timid, Adamant, Jolly, Modest) for that play through. Not going to SR for shinies there except for ones I can't get in AS (Ho-Oh, Palkia, Reshiram, Tornadus) though to extent which I'll go through dunno. But in OR I want to at least try to get doable natures. (Plus have to swap between both to get some like Giratina and all.)

Just want to make sure none of them are dependant on starter before I leap into OR, but doesn't look like it does.

They're not dependent on starter, and if you want I can catch a bunch of synchronizers for you if you want. I have friend safaris with Anra and Xatu.

The third legendary doesn't require the other version's half to get, I helped a fellow gaffer out a month or so ago in trying to get Landorus by giving out a spare DR Tornadus and that activated Landorus in his game just fine.

It's good tho that many of the legendaries have multiple playstyles so if you get a mixed nature it's actually good.

I'm going to go grab more shiny Mega Tokyo Yzard and Pikachu this weekend and maybe today too. They changed it tho it's now one of either per save. Which wasn't so the first day or weekend. But that doesn't apply to me. Lol

I'm also working on my fourth set of Victini/Keldeo/Shaymin now too. Lol

Having three 3DS sounds like overkill but for pokemon it's fantastic. Haha

Like my three Ds lites and two gba sps.

Thinking about getting another sp and another Ds lite.

If they make a PC exclusive Rayquaza Emerald n3DS LL I'll buy that too. Lol

Toxi

Banned
I feel like I'm never going to get the National dex done. Jesus, so many trades. I hate how GTS doesn't let you pick Pokemon you've never seen.

Anyway, what type would a theoretical cassowary Pokemon be?

spiritfox

I feel like I'm never going to get the National dex done. Jesus, so many trades. I hate how GTS doesn't let you pick Pokemon you've never seen.

You can trade Pokemon you've never seen, just type out its name when choosing Pokemon.

Muku

They're not dependent on starter, and if you want I can catch a bunch of synchronizers for you if you want. I have friend safaris with Anra and Xatu.

The third legendary doesn't require the other version's half to get, I helped a fellow gaffer out a month or so ago in trying to get Landorus by giving out a spare DR Tornadus and that activated Landorus in his game just fine.

It's good tho that many of the legendaries have multiple playstyles so if you get a mixed nature it's actually good.

I'm going to go grab more shiny Mega Tokyo Yzard and Pikachu this weekend and maybe today too. They changed it tho it's now one of either per save. Which wasn't so the first day or weekend. But that doesn't apply to me. Lol

I'm also working on my fourth set of Victini/Keldeo/Shaymin now too. Lol

Having three 3DS sounds like overkill but for pokemon it's fantastic. Haha

Like my three Ds lites and two gba sps.

Thinking about getting another sp and another Ds lite.

If they make a PC exclusive Rayquaza Emerald n3DS LL I'll buy that too. Lol

If you wouldn't mind, I'd be most appreciative of the Synchs.

So you can use The Pikemon from older games? Sweet, will be taking some out of bank for that stuff.

Damn they got it to where it is one per save now? Saves me a trip then. Not worth it unless I can get a set a game. But they be hating as usual.

Not claimed my set of scarp Pokemon yet. Won't until I'm done farming stuff in my game. That way I have their WCs are in my game. Plan on farming some Shaymin when I get some more cards soon. Farming some of the event Beldum arm. Have a few tucked away. Waiting on HA Unova starters to farm them.

Edit: Just got home and see some to the WTFs my phone did to my post. Meh, will leave them for posterity to laugh at.

Yrael

You can trade Pokemon you've never seen, just type out its name when choosing Pokemon.

Yep. Instead of clicking names alphabetically, select the "What Pokemon?" option at the bottom and then type it out.

RedShift

Got my first shiny. It's a male combee I got while breeding a female one to evolve.

Why does the only shiny I get have to be so useless :(

Would anyone be kind of enough to give my baby brother a torchic for his team he picked treeko & now has ralts & tailow but he said he would love a Torchic ?

level 1-5 if have it ?

Thanks Gaf

Muku

Would anyone be kind of enough to give my baby brother a torchic for his team he picked treeko & now has ralts & tailow but he said he would love a Torchic ?

level 1-5 if have it ?

Thanks Gaf

Mmm, I can create him one real quick if you like. It'd be a starter one (restarting my JPN game) so probably lv 6 by time he gets it. If he really wants a fresh one I could breed him one real quick. (either way work to be honest, since both take probably about same time... actually let me breed right now in X)

Edit: Sheesh, wish when I put wrong X in it would show logo in Japanese instead of English. Don't realize til it says cant read card.

Mmm, I can create him one real quick if you like. It'd be a starter one (restarting my JPN game) so probably lv 6 by time he gets it. If he really wants a fresh one I could breed him one real quick. (either way work to be honest, since both take probably about same time... actually let me breed right now in X)

Edit: Sheesh, wish when I put wrong X in it would show logo in Japanese instead of English. Don't realize til it says cant read card.

Yeah would it the name torchic be in the english since your playing a japanese version

Trying to catch Kyogre with my team of level 42 to 45 pokemons. Pretty damn hard.

EDIT

Got him

That reminds me of my Kyogre battle. I was preparing for a long struggle and a few resets (had my Timid synchronize Gardevoir at the front). Threw my first Ultra Ball, the motherfucker stayed in. :lol

Even better, he was Timid, and had a 31 in Sp.A.

Muku

Do i add a friend code i cannot remember so sorry about this

It's okay.

Go to the main 3DS menu and click on Friends List up top (box with smiley face). You can add my code in on there via the internet.

Once you've added me you can get in the game and load up PSS and get online in game too.

Edit: You should also see your FC in the friend list area of your 3DS. I'll need yours too in order to give you Torchic.

Linius

That reminds me of my Kyogre battle. I was preparing for a long struggle and a few resets (had my Timid synchronize Gardevoir at the front). Threw my first Ultra Ball, the motherfucker stayed in. :lol

Even better, he was Timid, and had a 31 in Sp.A.

That's quite lucky. The first battle Kyogre just kept destroying my Pokemon so I had to use a lot of healing items and such in between weakening him and throwing balls. Ultimately I just had to give up. The second battle I made a mistake by damaging him with Sharpedo, after which he fainted because of Sharpedo's rough skin. Third battle he went in the second ball I threw, no sweat. It's in a dusk ball now, nice little ball.

Just arrived in Sea Mauville. Completely forgot I never surfed the routes surrounding Dewford and south of Slateport so I just did a run trough them beating around 20 trainers with Lv. 25/28 pokemons :p

That's quite lucky. The first battle Kyogre just kept destroying my Pokemon so I had to use a lot of healing items and such in between weakening him and throwing balls. Ultimately I just had to give up. The second battle I made a mistake by damaging him with Sharpedo, after which he fainted because of Sharpedo's rough skin. Third battle he went in the second ball I threw, no sweat. It's in a dusk ball now, nice little ball.

Just arrived in Sea Mauville. Completely forgot I never surfed the routes surrounding Dewford and south of Slateport so I just did a run trough them beating around 20 trainers with Lv. 25/28 pokemons :p

Haha, yeah, I think there's still a few guys out there I haven't beaten.

Still need to find a few legendaries, too. I started breeding and am now replaying X since I warped everything I had in that game over to my AS cart. Playing with some Pokémon I rarely ever used before, like Delphox, Torterra, Lanturn and Sylveon. They're fantastic. I'm not so sure about Noibat though, maybe I'll change my mind once he evolves into Noivern. That one and Sylveon are headed back to AS once I'm finished for EV training and breeding, I'd like to have a few nice lvl 1's in the bank for if I ever decide to do another replay.

It's okay.

Go to the main 3DS menu and click on Friends List up top (box with smiley face). You can add my code in on there via the internet.

Once you've added me you can get in the game and load up PSS and get online in game too.

Bloody system update always happens when you dont want them to

adding your code now

Muku

Thanks Muku for the torchic :) he loves it

You're welcome. :) Due to the Torchic's I have left over from previous breeding attempts working on IVs, he ended up with a 31/31/x/31/31/31 Torchic. Overkill for the in-game stuff, haha.

Edit: .... getting out of X and now this 3DS is telling me to update, haha, ugh.

You're welcome. :) Due to the Torchic's I have left over from previous breeding attempts working on IVs, he ended up with a 31/31/x/31/31/31 Torchic. Overkill for the in-game stuff, haha.

Edit: .... getting out of X and now this 3DS is telling me to update, haha, ugh.

Yup at least its stable HA!

After participating in the Christmas Wonder Trade (traded like 3 boxes of shiny mons), my favorite trades include:

- A Wingull. Not even shiny or anything. But I loved it because it had the name 'MINE!', and that got a chuckle out of me.

- A shiny Leafeon, with decent moveset (named "Groot", so extra bonus points).

- A Terrakion... despite the fact I now have like 5 of him now.

I got plenty of other fun things, including stuff with hidden abilities, but most of them were Zigzagoons. Not that I mind that. It's fodder for Pokebank.

backlot

If someone with ORAS battle against your X / Y, can they see your trainer outfit? Or will it be standardized?

I've never tried a battle but I know the XY outfits show up on the ORAS PSS. Alternatively, ORAS players show up as a default male or female XY protagonist on the XY PSS. I imagine battles work the same way.

Hi Pokegaf, I have a problem with the Eon Ticket

One of my store (in Belgium) gives the ticket with Streetpass but my 3DS didn't receive any notifications. As anyone had the same problem with streetpass ? I updated the street mii plaza after that, I wonder if that is the problem...

Top Bottom