• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Probably asked a million times but honestly getting back into the "game" should I just start off with x/y instead of oras? I recently got sapphire and while I love the updates I feel like i'm going through the motions since I was kinda meh on it back then. Heard X/Y was more of a change due to character customization and apparently a different flow story wise and game wise? At the same time I know this is the newer one and most likely will get actual add on content going forward over x/y. Idk.

I would say that X/Y is a better game than OR/AS, and has way more interesting Pokemon to catch, so get that instead. Also, the region is better designed for 3D, so each town has a unique feel to it; with OR/AS, they wanted to go with an authentic Hoenn feel, so it hasn't been revamped and doesn't look as good as X/Y did.

Toxi

Banned
Hauls ass while surfing.
Also makes a great HM slave because it learns Dive, Waterfall, Surf, Rock Smash, and Strength. With the introduction of soaring, the lack of trees to cut, and the less dark caverns, those are the only HMs you'll usually need.

vall03

Because I got lazy, I decided to just transfer everything from my Y to Alpha Sapphire through Pokebank and trashed the Pokemon League. This has to be my fastest clear time at only 23 hours because fuck the release dates this year having the major games so close to each other. Don't know if I'll play Delta Episode right away but I still need to play and finish Persona Q. Hopefully, release dates of the games I'm planning to buy would have at least 2-3 weeks in between them.

Muku

Has anyone got a HA Snivy? I heard they're going around already, but I don't trust these shady people on the GTS.

They're not out here until next month. Either they're hacked, or they're lying. Even if they were out, I don't trust the folks notes on GTS to be legit about what the Pokemon's ability is.

For reference:

HA Serperior comes out January 9th.
HA Emboar comes out January 16th.

^ These come from a generic code that a Pokemon program will be showing.

HA Samurott comes out January 16th, but through CoroCoro serial code.

Guys, you should all try taking on the Elite 4 without items. It's actually pretty challenging. I died twice before I could beat them, and my mons were high 50s (although one was an HM slave Linoone).

Need to breed me good Adamant and Mild synchronizers for my reset X game. I want a near-perfect Zygarde for my team, I just love that guy. A good Xerneas would be nice, too.

Then I just need to get my hands on a decent Modest Yveltal.

They're not out here until next month. Either they're hacked, or they're lying. Even if they were out, I don't trust the folks notes on GTS to be legit.

Well, hacked ones were being bred and traded en masse apparently, but after doing some more reading it seems Gamefreak has since locked them out again.

Muku

Well, hacked ones were being bred and traded en masse apparently, but after doing some more reading it seems Gamefreak has since locked them out again.

Yeah, I'm not too surprised.

Though, I'll be farming a few of the event Pokemon to give away here. That way folks can breed/get legit ones, and maybe a few walk away with a cool event Pokemon.

JPN AS is going to be a farming game for a bit. Until I collect my Shaymin, Keldeo, and Victini from scrap campaign

Linius

Oof, Glacia or whatever was a close call. Camerupt pulled me trough there. If you're poke's are a lower level it's really hard to get to them. Especially if they also start using stuff like confuse ray
b2fEmg3.png

Guys, you should all try taking on the Elite 4 without items. It's actually pretty challenging. I died twice before I could beat them, and my mons were high 50s (although one was an HM slave Linoone).

By the time I reached the E4 my Pokémon were all level 70. I didn't use any items. :lol

Linius

My mons were exactly Lv. 50. No items is impossible lol

I've got four on Lv. 51 now, the other two are still Lv. 50. I'm about to try Steven the first time. Epic entrance.

EDIT

Steven pls, my Lv. 52 Metagross beat his

EDIT 2

r6kb.png

So, that's that.

Does turning off forced saving when connecting to the internet still work in ORAS? I have it turned off but it still asks me to save every time I want to wonder trade.

I was going to post this in the X/Y thread, but it's a bit more quieter than I expected : P

Well, I've been playing Pokemon (since I quit) for around a year now and it's almost the end of this year, so I figured I'd make a year in review post.

Much of my Pokemon year has been spent collecting event Pokemon, which has been oddly more enjoyable than I expected--and I met a lot of cool people and friends by trading event Pokemon.

event2014.png

To save post space, here's a link to my year in review, as I go through each event Pokemon.

So it seems really Tao Trio really does just use Zekrom's version of the track. Would've preferred Kyurem's but oh well.

The real curiosity is why they used Crystal version of the legendary beasts battle music. If they just wanted one version of the song that is consistent with all three beasts they could have just went with that RS track they never used.

L.O.R.D

man , i forgot how tedious moving pokemon from back 2 using the transporter
they should update it and make use all the box in the same time instead of only using the first box
its taking forever swapping OR and Black 2 and transporter and Bank

man , i forgot how tedious moving pokemon from back 2 using the transporter
they should update it and make use all the box in the same time instead of only using the first box
its taking forever swapping OR and Black 2 and transporter and Bank

They're not gonna bother with that now. :p

I just hope the Pokébank will still be usable when we're carrying over go Gen 7.

Linius

Delta Episode is quite lengthy actually. It's been keeping me busy for the past two hours and I haven't reached the end yet. But I guess I'm close,
at the entrance of the sky pillar now.

Btw, is it possible to get Camerupts megastone in AS? It's the last one I'm missing for my team.

Toxi

Banned
Delta Episode is quite lengthy actually. It's been keeping me busy for the past two hours and I haven't reached the end yet. But I guess I'm close,
at the entrance of the sky pillar now.

Btw, is it possible to get Camerupts megastone in AS? It's the last one I'm missing for my team.
Yep. You get it
when you visit the Battle Resort.

You also want perfect IVs in at least the most important stats, but the more the better

Yep I know but I wonder if there is a more accurate way to get the perfect IV, not only the nature can be 50% wrong but you also get only 3 IV :/ I catch Terrakion like 10 times today and only got 3 times the good nature and when it was good, the IV were bad :/

Yep I know but I wonder if there is a more accurate way to get the perfect IV, not only the nature can be 50% wrong but you also get only 3 IV :/ I catch Terrakion like 10 times today and only got 3 times the good nature and when it was good, the IV were bad :/

The only thing you can do is literally keep trying, until you either get the one you want or give up.

I've been SRing Diancie for about two months (in my spare time; not the whole time) without a synchroniser and I'm still going : P

JoeM86

Contrary Serperior code for Japanese ORAS players

POKEMON497

Not live until January 9th.

I think we can safely guess the other two, too

entremet

Contrary Serperior code for Japanese ORAS players

POKEMON497

Not live until January 9th.

I think we can safely guess the other two, too
Wow finally. Is this first time these hidden ability Unova Starters are released?

I've been waiting for these since Gen V.

JoeM86

Wow finally. Is this first time these hidden ability Unova Starters are released?

I've been waiting for these since Gen V.

Yep it is

Will get Reckless Emboar on January 11th and Shell Armor Samurott in CoroCoro on January 15th. Both of those go live January 16th

pariah164

So, the BuzzNav claimed I passed by 30 people while I was out and about earlier, but aside from a little mailbox-like icon, nothing seemed to come from it. :T Nor did I have a little green dot on the game on the Home screen. Heard I have to turn off Streetpass for all other titles for it to work. Can anyone confirm?

Top Bottom