• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

yab , i did that 2 days ago
XMb8CXS.jpg

this game is soo slow , its like 15 FPS , and people complaining about the new gen is very slow
god , every time i want to start the game i see the season "Winter" in my face

=====

also

17cQ2Wb.jpg

now , to finished the hardest living dex with all forms , the Kalos dex

things i need
5 forms of Flabébé
6 forms of Floette
20 forms of Vivillon
male and female Pyroar
10 forms of Furfrou

but first thing first
i need to catch the shiny latias from eon ticket , i keep seeing him 200 times
some people made it below that , and some above 999

do i need to do a soft reset or just run a way ?

Furfrou forms aren't saved in the bank so don't bother with trying them.

casiopao

It's pretty iffy. Its ability is also completely useless in singles.

Still, it's not the worst mega, and if you like it you might as well go with it.

I never really follow tier list which is why i remembered that my team gets demolished by proper great team lol.

Normal and fairy type is so cute that i love using them.

Not nearly on the same level as everything else being discussed in this thread, but I'm kind of irritated with the X/Y compatibility in ORAS. I'm not able to use the Pokemon I want to when battling friends playing X because of banned moves/items and I really don't understand why this is the case.

MicH

Not nearly on the same level as everything else being discussed in this thread, but I'm kind of irritated with the X/Y compatibility in ORAS. I'm not able to use the Pokemon I want to when battling friends playing X because of banned moves/items and I really don't understand why this is the case.
It's very clear: to get those XY people to buy ORAS

JoeM86

Because X & Y doesn't have those Mega Evolutions/moves

i can't send them from X to OR directly ?

They revert when you put them in the box

L.O.R.D

They revert when you put them in the box

because modeling Furfrou is exclusive to XY ?
what about Cosplay Pikachu
its stupid that you can change cosplay for Pikachu but not for Furfrou

now you will say because Furfrou is a hair style , and change hair style is exclusive to XY

i answered my self

Morokh

For Furfrou forms

In the Pokémon Fan Club in Slateport City there is this Pokémon Breeder who will groom your Furfrou. This form change is purely aesthetic with no extras in battle. These forms, unlike in X & Y, are all unlocked at the very beginning. After a certain amount of time, or if you put your Pokémon in the box, then Furfrou will revert

Anyone available for a couple of evolve-trades ?

i can't send them from X to OR directly ?

You can I guess, but if you want to put them in the bank as a styled furfrou it'll just be a normal one when its in the bank.

Or just get them styled in OR itself, there's someone that does furfrou's styling there. I forget where

I'm glancing over my room and dangling from my wardrobe I've got this inflatable Kyogre that came with my Pokemon Ruby copy from way back in 2003 for whatever reason, or perhaps it was a Nintendo Magazine thing but in any case it's endured for a decade just hanging in my room no matter how much things have moved around.
Yet it's kind of fitting that right now I'm noticing how as of late a fair amount of air has seeped out leaving it a looking a bit tired as my recent acquisition of Omega Ruby this Christmas has finally done what I feared would eventually happen with Game Freaks annual Pokemon outings and that's wear me out on the formula.
Not that there's anything particularly wrong with this entry, it seems to be another solid albeit piss easy instalment and really I only have myself for to blame for picking up each entry.

Still it's kind of a shame, I kind of hope that they'll widen the gap between releases again soon because I can't seem to help myself, I'll say "nope, ain't going to get any potential Z version" right now and then they'll have like Mega Primeape or soemthing like that and lure me in because I'm WEAK.
So the point of this post? not sure, I guess it's just something of a bummer seeing that Ruby was the game that got me back into the series and revisiting Hoenn takes me back to the days of deciphering Braille with the instruction booklet and loving the little tv shows/interviews about my trainers exploits and friends through the record mixing doodad. It's like coming around full circle a decade later, not quite back in with Ruby and then out with Omega Ruby, I think I just need a pokemon respite.

And why the heck did I need a dang bike this time to reach wild Aron? booo.

This is disorganized because I need to put together a proper checklist but I'm looking to get a complete set of Legit Hidden Ability non-Legendary pokemon for breeding (since you can get all abilities from a hidden ability Mon) so I'm only looking for 1 pokemon per evolution line (and Nidorina/Nidoqueen are useless to me but Nidoran(F) isn't, etc).

I'm not interested in Hacks/Clones even if Legal (I can do that myself if I want those), though I don't mind if they are RNGed.

I've got a decent collection of Gen V HA pokemon and a few Gen VI HA pokemon, and I'll breed HA possessing offspring in return. Because I'm looking to put together a HA collection I'll also DexNav up any HA possessing pokemon found in Omega Ruby on request. It might take me a while to get stuff together (I might need to trade up from Gen V or DexNav) but I'm making this as an open ongoing offer.

I'll put together a proper checklist sometime in the next couple of days so you can see what I've got / what I need as a rough outline I'm missing the Japanese Exclusive Gen V HA pokemon, a handful of other Gen Vs (mainly Genderless or Male-only species) , and I have no Friend Safari HA pokemon (I haven't had a chance to complete X/Y yet), I have some but not all Mirage Island HA pokemon (though I'm working on those). If you're interested in trading with me , please send me a PM,

(I also have several Gen V Dream World pokemon with Dream World only moves which you might want for Chain Breeding onto other species, I don't have as good a record of those but if you tell me what you're looking for I can check. I have decent records of Males with Dream World only moves but because of the way breeding worked in Gen V I was primarily looking for HA females and move-possessing males)

Bleeether

So i've been using this site to catalogue my competitive breed/trained Pokemon.

http://poketrade.us/shop/Bleether/ft
This is about half of the competitive Pokemon i own, i still need to put up about 10 more on this site

If anyone is interested in trading any of their fully trained competitive pokemon for any of the ones i have send me a pm.

yab , i did that 2 days ago
XMb8CXS.jpg

this game is soo slow , its like 15 FPS , and people complaining about the new gen is very slow
god , every time i want to start the game i see the season "Winter" in my face

=====

also

17cQ2Wb.jpg

now , to finished the hardest living dex with all forms , the Kalos dex

things i need
5 forms of Flabébé
6 forms of Floette
20 forms of Vivillon
male and female Pyroar
10 forms of Furfrou

but first thing first
i need to catch the shiny latias from eon ticket , i keep seeing him 200 times
some people made it below that , and some above 999

do i need to do a soft reset or just run a way ?

This dedication...Something I will NEVER have.

Azuran

Banned
Is Protect always needed on Doubles? Trying to build a Trick Room team right now with Aromatisse as my lead and support, but her running both Protect and Trick Room leaves me with so little to work with.

Is Protect always needed on Doubles? Trying to build a Trick Room team right now with Aromatisse as my lead and support, but her running both Protect and Trick Room leaves me with so little to work with.

it's not mandatory, but it's ridiculously strong. I'd use a STAB move, support move, trick room, protect.

Firestorm

No. It's usually something you want but don't need it on everything. It somewhat limits your defensive options but if you gotta use that slot, you gotta use that slot. Cresselia is a Pokemon that often gives up Protect for other options (though some players are putting it back on there due to Knock Off). I didn't have Protect on my old Trick Room setter, Slowking.

Why would this be an issue though?
Because there would be a billion ways for the game to break.

A lot of kids don't patch their games, too, so making a patch isn't a good solution. This way's good since it lets kids with XY and kids with ORAS play with each other no problem without having to worry about patches and shit, even if the kids with ORAS have to modify their team a bit and stuff.

Azuran

Banned
it's not mandatory, but it's ridiculously strong. I'd use a STAB move, support move, trick room, protect.

I was originally planning on going for this, but she gets so many good support moves, that it feels like such a waste being limited to only one.

No. It's usually something you want but don't need it on everything. It somewhat limits your defensive options but if you gotta use that slot, you gotta use that slot. Cresselia is a Pokemon that often gives up Protect for other options (though some players are putting it back on there due to Knock Off). I didn't have Protect on my old Trick Room setter, Slowking.

That's good to know. I guess I'll just play around and see how it works out in the end for me.

Gorillaz

so been playing a bit more and I'm starting to warm up to the game more....it was the same for me back in ruby/saph took awhile to get me invested.

Been fucking around with wonder trade and got a dratini and an archeon(?) probably gonna fuck with dratini and level it up to Dragonite since he's been my fav since the old days.

This wonder trade stuff is really interesting tho, it can change the game in so many ways. Either getting duds(lol) or straight up types that I wouldn't encounter usually.

I really don't want to make this game even easier by choosing Mudkip, but I hate Blaziken/used him a bit in X already and Mega Sceptile has sooo many weaknesses. The struggle is real

I just got the game today. Did they remove some of the HM stuff, or do I still need all of them to continue with the story?

It's all there. However, Strength is like in newer games, where you push giant boulders into pits permanently, and Surf had its encounter rate drastically reduced. I sailed from Dewford to Slateport and I encountered 4 wild pokemon.

Azuran

Banned
It's all there. However, Strength is like in newer games, where you push giant boulders into pits permanently, and Surf had its encounter rate drastically reduced. I sailed from Dewford to Slateport and I encountered 4 wild pokemon.

Also, in the later water routes they added Ace Trainers so you don't have to fight the same water Pokemon in trainer battles.

Macka

Got sick of soaring pretty quickly tbh.

I still like having the option, but being able to fly directly to specific routes and landmarks is so much better.

Top Bottom