• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

So as I progress through routes, I've been trying to catch every Pokemon on that route. How come sometimes it gives me a silver crown that says "Good job! You've cought them all!" when sometimes the crown is gold?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So as I progress through routes, I've been trying to catch every Pokemon on that route. How come sometimes it gives me a silver crown that says "Good job! You've cought them all!" when sometimes the crown is gold?
Platinum: all of the wild Pokémon in the area are in the player's Pokédex;
Gold: the only missing Pokémon are foreign species unlocked by the defeat of Groudon/Kyogre;
Silver: the player is missing Pokémon from only one of the other encounter methods (Grass/Fishing/Surfing);
Bronze: the player is missing Pokémon from two of the encounter methods (Grass/Fishing/Surfing)

From Bulba

LaNaranja

I was planning on skipping this round of games but my sister got me Alpha Sapphire for Christmas and thus here I am again. I had the shiny charm in X but my boxes are a mess and it isn't a complete living dex as I am missing a few forms. Once I finish the story in AS I will complete the dex again and leave them in the bank forever.

I currently am at the part with Latias now (soft reseting for good IVs) and I am really disappointed with a lot of the changes made to the locations, especially Mauville City. Also no outfit changes is bullshit.

HawthorneKitty

I was planning on skipping this round of games but my sister got me Alpha Sapphire for Christmas and thus here I am again. I had the shiny charm in X but my boxes are a mess and it isn't a complete living dex as I am missing a few forms. Once I finish the story in AS I will complete the dex again and leave them in the bank forever.

I currently am at the part with Latias now (soft reseting for good IVs) and I am really disappointed with a lot of the changes made to the locations, especially Mauville City. Also no outfit changes is bullshit.
You liked the old, bland Mauville that was just a strip of land?

Got a Ditto Mirage Island last night and spent the day farming Ditto, I've got a bunch of Imposter and 1 or 2 31 IV Ditto and a couple that have both Impostor and 1-2 31 IVs as well as more quick powder/metal powder than I can use. If anyone wants one let me know , I'm just going to wonder trade them if there's no takers (if you want to request Imposter or a specific 31 IV let me know and I'll send it if I have it).

Does anyone have a speed check Mon for Jolly Rayquaza that they can lend me (it needs 173 Speed , since its odd I can't just use a choice scarf) ? I want to get into Battle Resort but since I'm forced to get Rayquaza first I'm in for a world of frustration.

HawthorneKitty

I haven't played it in years but I remember being indifferent to it. I actively dislike the indoor mall it has become.
300px-Mauville_City_E.png

How cool.

Muku

A shiny dex huh... And I tought a regular living dex was a stupidly tedious endeavour.

Haha. Been working on it since I finished regular dex earlier this year. I don't feel an absolute "I gotta finish this now!" like I did with regular dex. Probably because it's something to fill in time. Plus, there's no reward for it other than feeling good.

Though, some of these I'm going to SR will replace legendaries I have already. BUt they'll be legit (that I know of) and have my OT.

RedShift

So close to that shiny charm I can taste it. Just need two more from Gen V, most of Gen VI, and Regigigas which I'm saving for last.

Haha. Been working on it since I finished regular dex earlier this year. I don't feel an absolute "I gotta finish this now!" like I did with regular dex. Probably because it's something to fill in time. Plus, there's no reward for it other than feeling good.

Though, some of these I'm going to SR will replace legendaries I have already. BUt they'll be legit (that I know of) and have my OT.

Well if you need a shiny male Combee I've got one I really don't want.

Muku

So close to that shiny charm I can taste it. Just need two more from Gen V, most of Gen VI, and Regigigas which I'm saving for last.

Well if you need a shiny male Combee I've got one I really don't want.

I don't have a Combee. I'd gladly give him a home. :)

If you need any help with non-event legendaries, let me know. I have extras of stuff from trading on GTS.

RedShift

I don't have a Combee. I'd gladly give him a home. :)

If you need any help with non-event legendaries, let me know. I have extras of stuff from trading on GTS.

If you have a spare Articuno or Zapdos that'd be awesome, but don't worry if not. Friend Code is 4613-8268-4116. Might be out for an hour or so soon though.

Muku

If you have a spare Articuno or Zapdos that'd be awesome, but don't worry if not. Friend Code is 4613-8268-4116. Might be out for an hour or so soon though.

Add my non JPN FC from my profile. I can be on in a moment if you like. I have both if you'd like both.

Edit: Going to go in a few moments, so maybe I can catch you later today. Just send me a PM if you're around. If I'm around, I'll hop on. Though it's almost midnight here so might not be til morning.

RedShift

Add my non JPN FC from my profile. I can be on in a moment if you like. I have both if you'd like both.

Sure, thanks. This is my first time doing non GTS trades so you might have to bear with me.

EDIT: agh, sorry I've got to head off, I'll PM you later and try and sort something out.

Muku

Sure, thanks. This is my first time doing non GTS trades so you might have to bear with me.

Ahh, okay. I can hold on for a few moments. It's easy enough. :) Just add person on your Friend List on 3DS menu. Then in-game on PSS menu you gotta click the internet icon to get online in-game.

My IGN is Muku.

Because it's nearing the end of the Christmas season and I'm feeling generous.

shayminbanner.jpg

EDIT: Entries are now closed!

Giveaway page

To have a chance of winning a legit Shaymin, send me a PM where the subject is your trainer ID from XY or ORAS before 48 hours have passed since this post.

Rules and conditions are in the page I linked.

Special thanks to Muku for redeeming the Shaymins : )

I have caught 430 pokemon, this is the closest I've gotten to completing my dex. I know within a few weeks a will have finally caught them all. After that I will start on a living dex but only if the next version is a remake of Red and Blue. I don't want a remake of Diamond :( but I know that is where they will most likely be heading.

Platinum: all of the wild Pokémon in the area are in the player's Pokédex;
Gold: the only missing Pokémon are foreign species unlocked by the defeat of Groudon/Kyogre;
Silver: the player is missing Pokémon from only one of the other encounter methods (Grass/Fishing/Surfing);
Bronze: the player is missing Pokémon from two of the encounter methods (Grass/Fishing/Surfing)

From Bulba

Thanks!

Man, I have turned off EXP share since I got it and the game is actually giving me a decent little challenge. I'm almost tempted to make use of my shiny Beldum but that would just feel so cheap

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

shayminbanner.jpg

Giveaway page

To have a chance of winning a legit Shaymin, send me a PM where the subject is your trainer ID from XY or ORAS before 48 hours have passed since this post.

wow, awesome! thanks for hosting this

pariah164

shayminbanner.jpg

Giveaway page

Nice! Thanks for holding this. Entered~.

RomanceDawn

Hey so I just started the game. At what point can I trade with X and Y? I'd like to send some eggs over and take them through the whole game.

RomanceDawn

Correct. Rally early on

Thank you!

Usually when a mid gen game comes out I breed for high IV Pokemon I've always wanted to use and then just hatch them in the new version so there is no discipline issues. Then I can just reset their EV's later and not feel like I'll just box them for life.

Are there any restrictions to who I can trade early on?

Man I really hate how flying types have to be flying or gliding.

Salamence looks stupid
Xatu is my hate. It is a totem pole. The demo datamine had implied they had fixed this but that was for the dexnav/pokedex image or something. The model is the derpy gliding angled totem pole.
At least Dodrio still gets to be awkward on the ground

assault vest Cradily is awesome

and storm drain too, damn
Losing out on recover and stockpile almost feels like blasphemy though. I suppose that means more variance for its offensive moves.

Xatu is my hate. It is a totem pole. The demo datamine had implied they had fixed this but that was for the dexnav/pokedex image or something. The model is the derpy gliding angled totem pole.
At least Dodrio still gets to be awkward on the ground

Losing out on recover and stockpile almost feels like blasphemy though. I suppose that means more variance for its offensive moves.

i'm running it with energy ball, sludge bomb, ancient power, and wavering between mirror coat and hp fire.

it's working pretty well for me so far. recover and stockpile would be nice, but I also like the offensive presence and no need to set up

shayminbanner.jpg

Giveaway page

Oh thanks for having a give-away. :D

In other news, I thought your player's ID number was longer than 5 numbers, lol

Giveaway page

Pretty cool giveaway :) Thanks AK (and Muku) for offering it.

Top Bottom