• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Linkark07

Banned
Because it's nearing the end of the Christmas season and I'm feeling generous.

shayminbanner.jpg

Giveaway page

To have a chance of winning a legit Shaymin, send me a PM where the subject is your trainer ID from XY or ORAS before 48 hours have passed since this post.

Rules and conditions are in the page I linked.

Special thanks to Muku for redeeming the Shaymins : )

Pretty cool. Thanks for the chance.

Azuran

Banned
Does anyone here have a 0 Speed IV Ditto? I want to try my luck on GAF first before heading to those other meaner sites.

You can have a beautiful 6IV HA Timid Froakie if you come through for me.

Muku

Pretty cool giveaway :) Thanks AK (and Muku) for offering it.

It's all Aveyn. His codes. :) Just help out when I can.

Using my JPN game right now as a farming tool before I start my actual game in it. Farming Beldum right now along with helping folks with scrap campaign Pokemon. Next month is HA Unova Pokemon farming. Woot!

AsianOni

shayminbanner.jpg

Giveaway page

To have a chance of winning a legit Shaymin, send me a PM where the subject is your trainer ID from XY or ORAS before 48 hours have passed since this post.

Nice giveaway! I'm not sure about the third rule : what's the link between Facebook and our location ?

Gartooth

Got the game for Christmas and have been playing it nonstop. Finished the main game and Delta Episode so far. Didn't care for the Delta Episode, aside from
alternate Hoenn being canon in terms of other version. Also was surprised I could get Deoxys which made for a great battle.
Zinnia bugged me though. Bad fanfic level character, although her battle theme was great.

Also nearly had a heart attack today getting a Shiny Omanyte which I didn't realize until much later after restoring a Helix Fossil. First shiny I got in ORAS too. (Need to redeem shiny Beldum)

JoeM86

The Special Battle rules for Season 8 have been revealed. Season 8 will run from January 13th 2015 to March 16th 2015 and runs on both X & Y and Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, each following the standard league rules each game sets (Gen VI native only in ORAS and allowed to use transferred Pokémon in XY). The base rules for this season are as follows:
Battle type: Double Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex except Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Diancie
Item Restrictions: Only Berries can be used. Any other items, including Mega Stones, cannot be put on your Pokémon
The other standard rules apply, including reduced to Level 50 if above that, and you choose 4 Pokémon out of your 6.

Muku

Just out of random curiousity, even though I think I know the answer to it already, are the Scrap Campaign Pokemon shiny locked?

Muku

Events typically are, yeah

That's what I figured. Thank ya Joe.

Edit: These Shaymin are some of the most adorable Pokemon ever. x_x

Alsooooo... still have a Meloetta up for grabs. I'm sure it's cloned, as I got it from someone to finish my dex. However, I've gotten another Meloetta that I'm replacing it with. One I have for trade had the Pokerus that was no longer actively spreadable. So EV training can be quick with it. Not looking for anything specific in return. Just trying to find it a home if anyone wants it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Alsooooo... still have a Meloetta up for grabs. I'm sure it's cloned, as I got it from someone to finish my dex. However, I've gotten another Meloetta that I'm replacing it with. One I have for trade had the Pokerus that was no longer actively spreadable. So EV training can be quick with it. Not looking for anything specific in return. Just trying to find it a home if anyone wants it.

I'd love a Meloetta but I don't have anything really good to trade for it, as I haven't dug into breeding yet :/

DaBoss

lol, was going to say that the Special Battle format for ORAS is basically VGC2015 rules and then saw the berry restriction. Sounds like it could be fun.

shayminbanner.jpg

Giveaway page

Entered. Thanks.

Nice giveaway! I'm not sure about the third rule : what's the link between Facebook and our location ?

Me; I'm in all those places XD

Also, just letting people know there's approximately 24 hours until the giveaway ends. Currently I have 15 entries, so you've still got a 1/15 chance to win.

Whew... Muku's gotten some pretty nice Shaymins too. Like Timid 31/31/31/28/23/28 good.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Also, just letting people know there's approximately 24 hours until the giveaway ends. Currently I have 15 entries, so you've still got a 1/15 chance to win.

Whew... Muku's gotten some pretty nice Shaymins too. Like Timid 31/31/31/28/23/28 good.

I take it if you are a non UK resident you can't enter this giveaway?

AsianOni

You can; that rule is just for people entering via Facebook.

That's what I wasn't sure about, thankls. :D

Happy new year to all by the way (still early, 10pm).

Tanwo

shayminbanner.jpg

Giveaway page

This is awesome! Thanks for holding this!

What a tease lol

I'll enter too, Sky Form Shaymin is the second best mew clone (although I guess that specific form doesn't count)

I didn't know there was a site that lets you search for multiple moves on a pokemon, could have save me a bit of time during team building

Crayolan

Anyone have a spare Hidden Ability Abra (preferably female)? I have some 5 IV breeding rejects (ralts, froakie, marill, phantump) I could offer in exchange.

Muku

Happy New Year's, PokeGAF. :)

Good luck to all the folks entering the Shaymin contest! They are adorable. Tried to get ones that would be benefical. Spent a few hours with them overall.

Also, since clouds obscured the annual tradition of watching sun rise on the beach, here's a view of Fuji-san from the beach instead.

Velcro Fly

Caught Lugia last night.

First attempt my Breloom got wrecked. Forgot it had Aeroblast.

Second attempt I miscounted the Aeroblasts and it got wrecked again.

Third attempt my Altaria got it to a sliver of health. Switched in my Breloom in YOLO mode and it used Rain Dance and then Punishment. Got Spore off and caught it first try with an ultra ball.

Don't care about shiny/stats since it will probably just sit in the legend box.

Breloom
Altaria
Swampert
Absol
Manectric

Need a 6th =/

XY player here! Since this thread is so active I thought I'd give it a shot. Would anyone happen to have a spare Aipom with Fake Out and Beat Up? Fake Out is definitely the most important but Beat Up would be nice too!

Muku

Alright pokegaf...
Got this Suicune:
This is the closest to perfect I've gotten yet. the Sp. Att is garbage. Do I reset?

Ehhhhh, I would. But that's me. Also depends how hardcore you are about it. Everything else is quite nice. How long it take you to get that?

Firestorm

I didn't know there was a site that lets you search for multiple moves on a pokemon, could have save me a bit of time during team building
Veekun is the best Pokedex in existence for teambuilding. I highly recommend it to all. The search is super powerful. There is a compare option too.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I like how you don`t have to trade for any of the Mega Stones like in XY. Unlocking Garchompite and Lucarionite is going to be annoying, though.

Going for a Bold Cressellia got 31/21/28/31/27/31 . Pretty solid but the Attack is high (the only thing Attack does is cause more damage to self when confused or if used with a beat up pokemon) and the Defence / Sp Def are lower than I'd like but the IV set is really solid overall. Should I keep it?

I like how you don`t have to trade for any of the Mega Stones like in XY. Unlocking Garchompite and Lucarionite is going to be annoying, though.

Garchompite is just tedious. If you connect to the internet every day you'll get around 50 flags a day (somedays more, some days less). They seem to have dialed back the Internet Passing to once a day since ~Christmas, so its a bit harder now, I was getting 50 flags a day 2 or 3 times a day before (once you've unlocked all the Secret Base areas so post-8th Gym).

Haven't done Lucarionite yet, I want to have a full berry collection first since its a large part of the battle.

Top Bottom