• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Hey everyone,

So I think I am finally going to bite on this game. Are the islands or whatever where you catch Deoxys and other legendaries locked from the game? Like would I have to go to some Gamestop event to be able to access some of the game's content?

Mirage Spots are unlocked simply by connecting to the internet. The spots that appear are somewhat randomized each day, though. Deoxys is acquired in the story.

The only Pokémon you need anything extra for is Latios/Latias, depending on the version you own. But getting an Eon Ticket is pretty easy, even when you're at home.

Toxi

Banned
Hey everyone,

So I think I am finally going to bite on this game. Are the islands or whatever where you catch Deoxys and other legendaries locked from the game? Like would I have to go to some Gamestop event to be able to access some of the game's content?
No, they're available without hassle. The only island locked from the game is the one with the opposite version's Lati@s, but you can just trade for that.

Vorheez

Can I trade between X and Ruby? I only need a few transported over and I don't care enough to make an account and pay for the bank.

Toxi

Banned
Can I trade between X and Ruby? I only need a few transported over and I don't care enough to make an account and pay for the bank.
Yes. You can't trade new moves (Precipice Blades, Dragon Ascent, Origin Pulse) or items (New mega stones) to X, but otherwise there are no restrictions.

Does anyone know what's up with catching a Barboach? I just got Surf and a Good Rod, and I've been fishing for like two hours around Route 111, 114, and inside Meteor Falls. I've tried fishing from on land and fishing while surfing, but all I've been able to reel in are Magikrap and Goldeen.

Are they version exclusive or is it a time of day thing? I'm playing Omega Ruby, and I was doing all my searching during the night. I haven't run into one at all during a battle or something, so I haven't been able to use my Pokedex for more verification. Or maybe the places I checked were wrong and you can only catch one with a Super Rod.

one_kill

Does anyone know what's up with catching a Barboach? I just got Surf and a Good Rod, and I've been fishing for like two hours around Route 111, 114, and inside Meteor Falls. I've tried fishing from on land and fishing while surfing, but all I've been able to reel in are Magikrap and Goldeen.

Are they version exclusive or is it a time of day thing? I'm playing Omega Ruby, and I was doing all my searching during the night. I haven't run into one at all during a battle or something, so I haven't been able to use my Pokedex for more verification. Or maybe the places I checked were wrong and you can only catch one with a Super Rod.
According to Serebii, it has a 5% appearance rate with the Good Rod
Better get the Super Rod

According to Serebii, it has a 5% appearance rate with the Good Rod
Better get the Super Rod

That or get a Pokemon with Sticky Hold (Grimer, Gulpin) and have them in the front and start chain fishing.

You'll either get a Barboach or a shiny Goldeen or Magikarp instead, lol

Toxi

Banned
Speaking of rare fishing Pokemon, I @#%$ing hate Staryu. 5% appearance rate with the Super Rod. What were they thinking?

i hate when this happen

K6hjX7J.jpg

kdxnul3.jpg

i am working on living pokedex and shiny charm in the same time
also trying to get every form possible , i already used 27 box and finished gen 1-5
( 4 deoxys , 6 gene , 26 Unown , 4 Deerling and 4Sawsbuck , etc )
i still need to make a box only for Arceus

but i am very worry about the Vivillon , its gonna be painful collect all of them

Kalos dex , here i come

Iilj3Bf.jpg

soo close

How the hell do you guys even complete the Pokedex?

pretty much. if you get any shiny in wondertrade it's almost definitely hacked.

nope , not really , its possible clone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPS9WfK_b4g

shiny Reshiram is confirmed not locked

Hmmm interesting... certainly a clone then.
It looks legit as in it has the correct capture location, capture level, etc.
I guess that stuff is easy to set though...?
It definitely looks pretty either way *_*

Want to trade for it? :x

I have AS and I'm working on a living dex so it's perfect for me, gotta hang on to him.
Plus it was traded for a Rattata which makes it my best trade ever. Got to keep it for that fact alone!

MrPanic

Sorry for the noob question, but how does gts work in this game? Haven't used it since that one game where it was a big building in one of the cities. I still want to complete my legendary collection.

Robin64

Got the game for Christmas and just started playing today. Love the new Dexnav feature! Getting Pokemon with rare moves right off the bat is so cool.

Torn on if I should wait til post-E4 before moving everything over via Bank or not. Tough one..

Sorry for the noob question, but how does gts work in this game? Haven't used it since that one game where it was a big building in one of the cities. I still want to complete my legendary collection.

You can search for the pokemon you're looking for (seen or not seen) and trade the pokemon being asked for it, or deposit a pokemon for trading and ask for a pokemon in exchange for that. Keep in mind that although mythicals like Mew can appear in the search they can't be traded

Morokh

I have a Gurdurr and a Swirlix to evolve through trading, would anyone be available for that ?

I can send a 5IV + egg move breeding reject your way when you send them back, for your trouble.
(Swirlix w/ Belly drum - Timburr w/ Drain/Mach Punch)

Edit : And as I ask the thread dies :p tomorrow maybe, in the meantime off to bed !

Firestorm

Hey guys, sorry for not getting the tournament thread up. It has been a bit of a crappy month and I wasn't really up for the task for dealing with tournament preparations. I'll have something up later today and will delay the start time by a week or so.

Kasumin

I remember with past remakes, someone would always make some comparison chart comparing the original art for characters to the remake art. Has anyone done that for ORAS?

Hey guys, sorry for not getting the tournament thread up. It has been a bit of a crappy month and I wasn't really up for the task for dealing with tournament preparations. I'll have something up later today and will delay the start time by a week or so.

when abouts is it scheduled?

Firestorm

I'm thinking January 10th with 4 days per round. Best of 3s. Swiss. Number of rounds and top cut size depending on registration numbers.

alvmew

How the hell do you guys even complete the Pokedex?

For me it's just been years of transferring up lol. I transferred everything from the third gen over to diamond, lost that diamond (still stings), but then just did some catching in gen three again over to platinum and have continued doing that into the current gen. So when X and Y came around, besides the Pokemon that premiered in those games, I had just about fifty or so to breed in order to have a full living dex.

pretty much. if you get any shiny in wondertrade it's almost definitely hacked.

If it's a shiny that is not born in gen 6 then just assume it's hacked.

For gen 6 though, never underestimate how easy shinies are to get once you get a shiny charm.

Chain Fishing + DexNav chaining in ORAS. Chaining in XY and Friend Safari makes finding shinies stupidly easy compared to previous gens. Lets not forget Masuda method

Chaining can drop the rate to as low as 1/200 chance of getting a shiny which is a bazillion times better than the old 1/8192. So just cause you see a shiny in wondertrade, just don't auto-assume it's hacked

celebi23

So, just did the whole HomePass thing and found a secret base that had a Registeel doll. I know that you can get Regice from the Mossdeep City secret base + developer QR Codes but, has the Registeel doll been made available legitimately? Also, I've got a small request: might anyone be able to help me trade over a Charmander egg from my copy of X to my copy of Omega Ruby? Trying to finish up my Secret Base team :p Shoot me a PM if you can lend a hand. Thanks!

Azuran

Banned
Anyone have a male Ralts with Ally Switch? I need one to breed the move on Yamask

You can have a 5IV Bold Vullaby in return for your troubles :)

Prez

For the breeding improvements alone, I'd say it's superior to everything if you're into that part of it. So tough to go back to even X in that regard.

Well I haven't played a Pokemon game in 14 years (Gold on the GBC was the last one), so I'm wondering if I should play this or another 3DS/DS Pokemon game.

it's a long shot, but would anyone be willing to trade me a good IV Thundurus? I can't catch it in Ruby and I want one for my team :x

I could possibly trade a good IV Bold Suicune in return, or maybe an event legendary you don't have.

Bleeether

Hey everyone,

EDIT: Looks like only Latios/Latias are locked behind an event?

There are version exclusive pokemon for each version, and you can catch Deoxys in any version.

This list may help you http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/exclusives.shtml

Messing around with making Pokeblocks led to me entering my first contest.
I won it so I carried on playing... and winning.
Won all 20 in a row and got the Contest Star Ribbon :)
Was a bit of a grind but having the contest ribbon sparkle whenever you enter battle is pretty cool.

Got the game for Christmas and just started playing today. Love the new Dexnav feature! Getting Pokemon with rare moves right off the bat is so cool.

Torn on if I should wait til post-E4 before moving everything over via Bank or not. Tough one..

I did and on one hand it's been refreshing not having to catch anything and so only (random) battling when I actually want to.
On the other I haven't used much of Dexnav at all as every area I enter already has gold or silver crowns, so I feel like I'm wasting some of the new features a little bit.
I did have a party all bred and at level 1 ready to go from X for the start of this game though. They're all hovering around level 30 now and it's been great using who I want from the start.

How would you guys rate this compared to all the other Pokemon games?

I'm about 20 hours in and just got my fourth badge and so far I preferred XY by a lot at this stage.

How the hell do you send Glalie from the demo to the game?

Talk to Steven in the demo and you'll see a 'Transfer to Full Game' option, pick what you want to select and quit. Boot ORAS and select Link from the main menu to have it sent to your nearest Pokemon Centre.

ghibli99

Well I haven't played a Pokemon game in 14 years (Gold on the GBC was the last one), so I'm wondering if I should play this or another 3DS/DS Pokemon game.
I think this would be a good place to start, especially with so many people playing right now for trades and such... they did do a really nice job starting with X/Y with the 3D look and animations. I thought the story was pretty well done in X/Y as well. Wish they'd done more with the NPCs, but I thought it was pretty satisfying from an overarching perspective. Great music too.

Personally, I'm still heavily into X, trying to breed my shiny Amaura (I already have an army of 5IV Modests that I've been throwing out into Wonder Trade to round out my Dex), but I just want the shiny and I'll be done with it. :)

Edit: Oh, and HeartGold might be fun just to see the changes from when you played the original! CIBs are getting pricey, though.

Prez

I think this would be a good place to start, especially with so many people playing right now for trades and such... they did do a really nice job starting with X/Y with the 3D look and animations. I thought the story was pretty well done in X/Y as well. Wish they'd done more with the NPCs, but I thought it was pretty satisfying from an overarching perspective. Great music too.

Personally, I'm still heavily into X, trying to breed my shiny Amaura (I already have an army of 5IV Modests that I've been throwing out into Wonder Trade to round out my Dex), but I just want the shiny and I'll be done with it. :)

Edit: Oh, and HeartGold might be fun just to see the changes from when you played the original! CIBs are getting pricey, though.

I'm probably not that interested in trading, I just want the best Pokemon experience there is. Maybe HeartGold would be my best bet?

What does CIB stand for?

I'm probably not that interested in trading, I just want the best Pokemon experience there is. Maybe HeartGold would be my best bet?

What does CIB stand for?

CIB = Complete in Box.

I would personally recommend Platinum or Black2/White2 if you just want a quality pokemon experience and don't care about multiplayer.

Muku

but i am very worry about the Vivillon , its gonna be painful collect all of them

Vivillon isn't bad really. I traded extra legendaries I got with trading Sandstorm and Monsoon Vivillon. Then took those legendaries and traded them for Vivillon with patterns I needed. Did you set your 3DS to any region wtih a good Vivillon before you started ORAS?

If you need Sandstorm (breed on Y), Monson (breed on JPN X), or Icy Snow (starteding to breed on AS), let me know. I have OR set up for Ocean, but I haven't dived into it yet. Thinking I should while waiting on this Latias though to give me something to progress in. In my JPN AS going with Tundra since I have Monsoon already. Don't want Elegant.

Completing Pokedex isn't as bad as it seems. But I also had all my old games with me to transfer up and all. That was a lot of work, and I had empty spots. But that's what GTS and GAF is for. Mainly GAF, because at least I know what I'm getting here.

Firestorm

Well, this is a remake of the game they made after Gold/Silver/Crystal so it's about as good as any to play.

Today I have passed a milestone in my quest to Catch'em All. I have, for the first time ever (despite owning all 3 versions of the original games) collected all of the original 151...minus Mew :( Anyone got a spare Mew to trade? Note, I'm actually collecting the Pokemon themselves, not just their dex entries. Sadly, I did have a Mew traded to me in White, but it wasn't a legit Pokemon and I lost it to the PokeBank. Truly a sad moment.

DeVeAn

Decided to play black 2 and man it's torture. After X/Y AND ORAS I just can't enjoy this game. Funny thing is I had 200 hours on black and I remember enjoying it.

L.O.R.D

Decided to play black 2 and man it's torture. After X/Y AND ORAS I just can't enjoy this game. Funny thing is I had 200 hours on black and I remember enjoying it.

yab , i did that 2 days ago
XMb8CXS.jpg

this game is soo slow , its like 15 FPS , and people complaining about the new gen is very slow
god , every time i want to start the game i see the season "Winter" in my face

=====

also

17cQ2Wb.jpg

now , to finished the hardest living dex with all forms , the Kalos dex

things i need
5 forms of Flabébé
6 forms of Floette
20 forms of Vivillon
male and female Pyroar
10 forms of Furfrou

but first thing first
i need to catch the shiny latias from eon ticket , i keep seeing him 200 times
some people made it below that , and some above 999

do i need to do a soft reset or just run a way ?

casiopao

Guys, i am currently building my pokemon team for my own fun, but can u guys help me rate how badddd my team is here?

1. Mega Audino/ Mega Loppuny
2. Blissey/Chansey with Eviolite
3. Shuckle
4. Togekiss
5. Azumarill
6. Porygon-Z

Hope to see u guys team too.;-)

one_kill

Guys, i am currently building my pokemon team for my own fun, but can u guys help me rate how badddd my team is here?

1. Mega Audino/ Mega Loppuny
2. Blissey/Chansey with Eviolite
3. Shuckle
4. Togekiss
5. Azumarill
6. Porygon-Z

Hope to see u guys team too.;-)
Since you have Mega Audino, I'm assuming you're planning to use this team for doubles?

Top Bottom