• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Thank you :)

You're welcome. I tend to find if you need anything, never hurts to ask in this thread. Someone might have it and be willing to trade it. :)

Also, I have a shiny Palkia if anyone is interested for trade. Level 100, but can't speak on it's legitimacy. Ended up getting an old GameStop one finally. (Now to find a Dialga one...)

Lastly, if anyone is looking for the HA event Pokemon (not just the HA but the event ones themselves), send me a PM and we'll see if we can work something out.

Edit: Well, in one go both the Emboar and Samurott ended up female. That's crazy.

JoeM86

Full details on event eggs (crosspost from my site)

Ralts (Telepathy): Growl, Encore
Carvanha (Speed Boost): Leer, Bite, Hydro Pump
Numel (Simple): Growl, Tackle, Iron Head
Swablu (Cloud Nine): Peck, Growl, Hyper Voice
Bagon (Rock Head): Rage, Thrash

All eggs so no hold items and they have your OT/ID

Well, this just came out of GTS for me:

3wD812C.jpg

Muku

I really wish Nintendo would let you pay well in advance for another year of Pokebank if you so choose. I'm wondering when the "you can pay now" option will pop up. I'm a bit worried it's not going to pop up until I'm moving, and not sure when I'll have internet again after that. x_x

Hegarol

I really wish Nintendo would let you pay well in advance for another year of Pokebank if you so choose. I'm wondering when the "you can pay now" option will pop up. I'm a bit worried it's not going to pop up until I'm moving, and not sure when I'll have internet again after that. x_x
Maybe there is a renewal event planned. One can only hope. ;)

Muku

Maybe there is a renewal event planned. One can only hope. ;)

Well I know they waited a while before end of trial for PokeBank to even let you subscribe. I knew before I even downloaded the trial I needed it in my life. I just worry because I can't lose all my stuff in there. :( I just don't know what arbitrary # they have set until you can renew. I should be able to buy 5 years in a row if I want. (If for some reason it didn't last that long they could refund folks any of the remaining time left.)

Muku

Yeah, I wouldn't mind buying a new year in advance as well.

Hatching Eevee's takes ages, lol.

Eevee was kind of ugh to hatch. Dratini was the worst I've probably done hatching wise. Talonflame / opowers made it more doable but still sucked. I hated doing Pichu as well. Go IV dude, check stats. Better than parents? Go evolve it then throw it in day care.

Mr Swine

Banned
stupid question, I've been fighting a pokemon trainer in route 118. Just before crossing the lake and i could swear he had a lvl 17 magnemite and when i fought him again a few moments he had a lvl 25 magnemite. do pokemon trainers lvl up their Pokemon or am i just seeing things lol

Hegarol

stupid question, I've been fighting a pokemon trainer in route 118. Just before crossing the lake and i could swear he had a lvl 17 magnemite and when i fought him again a few moments he had a lvl 25 magnemite. do pokemon trainers lvl up their Pokemon or am i just seeing things lol
They do :)

MicH

I was breeding Cleffa yesterday and holy crap they hatch fast! I couldn't even get a full party of five eggs before one or two had hatched! They're so annoying to breed since they're baby Pokemon though. I hate that

Eevee was kind of ugh to hatch. Dratini was the worst I've probably done hatching wise. Talonflame / opowers made it more doable but still sucked. I hated doing Pichu as well. Go IV dude, check stats. Better than parents? Go evolve it then throw it in day care.

Yeah, I got lucky and got a good one for a Vaporeon in my first batch, but it didn't have Wish. Trying to get one now, but RNGesus keeps putting the IV's in the wrong location.

After that I still need a good Timid one for Jolteon, a good Adamant one for Flareon, a Sassy Umbreon, a Timid HA Espeon, an Adamant HA Leafeon and a Modest HA Glaceon.

I'm gonna have a lot of work.

Azuran

Banned
They're just stats dude

I just like having a good battle rating to keep playing people at my level that's all. Thought I have to say those 1300-1400 players do have so weird but awesome combos that I never see coming because they use Pokemon way differently.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind buying a new year in advance as well.

Hatching Eevee's takes ages, lol.

Eevee is seriously the worst because of his gender ratio which makes things a lot more annoying than they should. You can go batches without getting a female at all, and when you do, they have the wrong ability. The same kinda goes for the starters but at least they have a lower hatching rate so they're a bit less of a pain.

JoeM86

Mine's ending in ~15 days and it prompted me when I went in.

There's also a graceperiod before they're removed.

Muku

Mine's ending in ~15 days and it prompted me when I went in.

There's also a graceperiod before they're removed.

So we have to wait until about 15 days? Oh god. That's cutting it realllllly close. I *might* have it prompt me before we leave then. If I make a sacrifice to the bank gods maybe. And yeah there is a grace period, which is what, a month? Thing is I can't guarantee when I'd have internet again. I don't trust the grace period, and I sure don't want it to come down to that.

So we have to wait until about 15 days? Oh god. That's cutting it realllllly close. I *might* have it prompt me before we leave then. If I make a sacrifice to the bank gods maybe. And yeah there is a grace period, which is what, a month? Thing is I can't guarantee when I'd have internet again. I don't trust the grace period, and I sure don't want it to come down to that.

Can't you just transfer everything to your carts if you're unsure you'll get it? Should be able to store at least 900 per game, no? Or do you really have a real boatload in there?

EDIT: Two 5 IV Calm Eevees with Wish, yes.

Muku

Can't you just transfer everything to your carts if you're unsure you'll get it? Should be able to store at least 900 per game, no? Or do you really have a real boatload in there?

I could, but why do I want to go through that kind of trouble (especially considering X is pretty full, as it's my breeding cart) when I could just pay Nintendo WELL in advance. My frustration comes from Nintendo herpy derping on this. Should be able to renew at any point. There's no reason not to.

Edit: If you mean my PokeBank, I have a ton of shit. I have a full living dex, working on shiny dex (have 130+ in that), breeders, teams, event Pokemon, things for trade, box or two for random stuff I gotta sort at some point, etc. That's really more than I want to transfer back onto any cart or two when I could just give Nintendo my wallet now. But they don't want that money.

I could, but why do I want to go through that kind of trouble (especially considering X is pretty full, as it's my breeding cart) when I could just pay Nintendo WELL in advance. My frustration comes from Nintendo herpy derping on this. Should be able to renew at any point. There's no reason not to.

Edit: If you mean my PokeBank, I have a ton of shit. I have a full living dex, working on shiny dex (have 130+ in that), breeders, teams, event Pokemon, things for trade, box or two for random stuff I gotta sort at some point, etc. That's really more than I want to transfer back onto any cart or two when I could just give Nintendo my wallet now. But they don't want that money.

Yeah, I understand. I try to keep most on my carts, since I'm not really trusting of the online future just yet, but once I get my living Dex done I'll probably toss them in there anyway.

On an unrelated note, just received a shiny Piloswine over GTS. Cray cray.

Muku

I was a bit wary of PokeBank initially too. But at same time, I dunno if I trust the carts either, heh. :( I've never had any serious issues with mine, but I also see it as if I accidentally lose the cart, I haven't lost everything. I know some folks here have had cart issues and lost theirs, so maybe I have become a bit paranoid, haha! I do worry about PokeBank, but feel like there is no happy medium I'd really be satisfied with. I would just hope that if something happened Nintendo would be willing to do something about it, but meh.

I think another issue is I'm a bit paranoid about my copy of X. I preordered it well before it came out and had it waiting at a GS in Honolulu. Was visiting there a week after it came out and made sure they held it for me in case. Got there, picked it up, brought it to hotel and saw it'd been resealed. (Surprise, surprise.) Was too much hassle to take it back. But I'm just worried about whoever may have had it before. Not sure the amount of saves a cart these days can take, but paranoid.

Glad we aren't reliant on batteries anymore. Last time I booted up Pokemon Red, maybe about a year ago, it was still alive and kicking. o_O I got it day 1, haha. I don't know how much longer that has, but wish we could pull Pokemon up from it. :( I want my Venusaur from it.

Okay, it seems like my Pixie problem was just a result of changing the clock or playing ORAS on a different system. Today I started finding all the time-based legendaries again : )

On a similar note... do the three Regi need to be from your game to trigger Regigigas? I'm too lazy to catch all three, so I just caught Regice and dragged along transferred Regirock and Registeel, but Regigigas didn't appear.

It was day time too, I believe (around 7 PM unless that doesn't count as the day).

But if they must be from your game, it would suck if you traded them off... So hopefully I just need to go back earlier.

StoneFox

Okay, it seems like my Pixie problem was just a result of changing the clock or playing ORAS on a different system. Today I started finding all the time-based legendaries again : )

On a similar note... do the three Regi need to be from your game to trigger Regigigas? I'm too lazy to catch all three, so I just caught Regice and dragged along transferred Regirock and Registeel, but Regigigas didn't appear.

It was day time too, I believe (around 7 PM unless that doesn't count as the day).

But if they must be from your game, it would suck if you traded them off... So hopefully I just need to go back earlier.
Regice needs to be nicknamed IIRC

edit: and holding Nevermelt Ice

StoneFox

Yup, I've done those : )
Hmm, then I dunno. Maybe 7 PM does count as night. I never tested the prerequisites with legendaries not caught locally but maybe GF intended people to actually catch them all instead of trading over. I saw an article that says to wait a full 24 hours after obtaining the three Regis so maybe the game does have a check for this?

Is there any way I can get a Reckless Hitmonlee with Double Edge? I have a copy of Emerald and was wondering if there was a way, since Serebii has that move listed for Hitmonlee.

Azuran

Banned
I take it all back. These low rating battles are fun as hell. So many Pokemon I have never seen before. Way better than seeing Talonflame and Salamence every single match.

Sliggoo has frustrated me. I learned it evolves while it's raining, and it has to be raining in the overworld, Rain Dance doesn't count. The only place I know where it does rain is east of Fortree, and that's not going to provide much experience.

Got done with all the breeding for now. Can't tell you how many eggs I've hatched, but no doubt I'll be doing more in the future to fill my boxes with one of every Pokemon. Tomorrow I use my Secret Base Blisseys to evolve those 6 Pokemon that evolve while knowing a move prominent in Gen IV. Pokedex stands at 677/666.

Sliggoo has frustrated me. I learned it evolves while it's raining, and it has to be raining in the overworld, Rain Dance doesn't count. The only place I know where it does rain is east of Fortree, and that's not going to provide much experience.

Got done with all the breeding for now. Can't tell you how many eggs I've hatched, but no doubt I'll be doing more in the future to fill my boxes with one of every Pokemon. Tomorrow I use my Secret Base Blisseys to evolve those 6 Pokemon that evolve while knowing a move prominent in Gen IV. Pokedex stands at 677/666.

The typical way to deal with this is to go to a better levelling spot and get just under the levelling point or to stuff a rare candy down the pokemons throat when its evolution conditions are met.

Top Bottom