• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Just a little over 2 weeks. I still have 74 days left on mine.

I meant ~15 days until your PokeBank thing expires, from the sound of what Joe said. It's not determined to be whenever Nintendo pushes something through. So everyone will have a different renew date, depending on when you got Bank originally and finally got to day 15 or whatever of trial and it let you add a year.

Ugh, only need a 5IV Adamant with HA and 5IV Sassy with regular ability Eevee, but I've had it with breeding them for a moment. Gonna churn out some more HA Unova starters to fill up my Pokédex further. Save for the Eeveelutions and a few breeding projects, I've fully filled up the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn Pokédex now.

entremet

So males can pass down HA now? I was breeding some stuff for my Living Dex and I noticed Hidden Abilities transferring to the child. I thought only mothers passed them down.

Hey guys,

You know how the Global Site has information* on pokemon used in online rated battles? It doesn't appear to be working at the moment. Did they remove the feature from the website?

* = times used, abilites used, moves used, pokemon it has defeated, pokemon it has been defeated by, etc

Edit: I've seen pictures with legendary encounter rates capped at 999. Can I also do the same for Cresselia? I saw that I have Crescent Isle so I'm in the process of capturing Cresselia

Uncaught legendaries respawn when you beat the elite 4, so you can knock them out, beat the elite 4 and respawn them, to up your counter, if you have the patience.

Azuran

Banned
Hey guys,

You know how the Global Site has information* on pokemon used in online rated battles? It doesn't appear to be working at the moment. Did they remove the feature from the website?

* = times used, abilites used, moves used, pokemon it has defeated, pokemon it has been defeated by, etc

Edit: I've seen pictures with legendary encounter rates capped at 999. Can I also do the same for Cresselia? I saw that I have Crescent Isle so I'm in the process of capturing Cresselia

Everything got reset a couple of days ago when the new Battle Spot season started, so I think it's going to take a couple of days before the stats and info shows up again.

Sec0nd

I'm no hardcore player at all but man if this game isn't too easy... Just got through Victory Road and my only pokemon left was Groudon at like 25 hp. And that was enough to take out Wally. One story pokemon at 25hp was enough win what used to be one of the toughest fights in the game. They should really try to address this issue in the next game.

I've got a few spare 5IV Adamant Tepig, if anyone's interested. Save a few of you the breeding trouble. I can make a list of the 'Mon I still need for my living dex.

I currently have 4 available, but since Tepig is currently my go-to breeding 'Mon I might get a few more unless I switch to Oshawott for variety's sake.

If anyone has a spare Sassy 31/31/31/31/31/x or HA Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31 Eevee and wants to trade it for one of my Tepig, send me a PM.

Lol, a shiny Vespiquen just came through GTS. What is up with all these shinies.

JoeM86

I'm no hardcore player at all but man if this game isn't too easy... Just got through Victory Road and my only pokemon left was Groudon at like 25 hp. And that was enough to take out Wally. One story pokemon at 25hp was enough win what used to be one of the toughest fights in the game. They should really try to address this issue in the next game.

Well yeah, you're using a legendary Pokémon, possibly its Primal form. If it's the Primal form, then it's the joint 3rd most powerful Pokémon in the entire game :p

Well, I just hatched a shiny Oshawott. Only one in the batch that didn't have 5 IV's. Dammit. :lol

And now a shiny Gliscor came through GTS. That guy looks ballin'.

I've got a few spare 5IV Adamant Tepig, if anyone's interested. Save a few of you the breeding trouble. I can make a list of the 'Mon I still need for my living dex.

I currently have 4 available, but since Tepig is currently my go-to breeding 'Mon I might get a few more unless I switch to Oshawott for variety's sake.

If anyone has a spare Sassy 31/31/31/31/31/x or HA Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31 Eevee and wants to trade it for one of my Tepig, send me a PM.

Lol, a shiny Vespiquen just came through GTS. What is up with all these shinies.

I'm interested in a Tepig.

Sadly I don't have those Eevees, just Modest, Timid and Calm. Maybe Bold.

That said, I can try to help with the living dex or offer other breedables.

KYaJOOul.jpg

Woo, finally! Unfortunately, it's not EXACTLY perfect, as it is 31/X/30/31/31/31, but that's definitely close enough for me. Especially since I don't think most Heatran even invest in Defense, so the final stat value should be the same anyway.

Now, question: I'm going to try to go after Cresselia next, so can someone please explain how you soft reset for the Islands? I've tried finding info online about it, but I feel like I'm messing something up, because I keep getting the same Island every time I try.

KYaJOOul.jpg

Woo, finally! Unfortunately, it's not EXACTLY perfect, as it is 31/X/30/31/31/31, but that's definitely close enough for me. Especially since I don't think most Heatran even invest in Defense, so the final stat value should be the same anyway.

Now, question: I'm going to try to go after Cresselia next, so can someone please explain how you soft reset for the Islands? I've tried finding info online about it, but I feel like I'm messing something up, because I keep getting the same Island every time I try.

Wait, is it HP Ice? If so, you've got a better than perfect Heatran : P

1) Save, then turn off PSS auto-saving.

2) Next, go online and check your BuzzNav news for new Mirage Spots.

3) Then fly near the south of Ever Grande and see if Crescent Isle is there.

4) If you find it, save on the island to SR. If not, reset and repeat from step 2.

Wait, is it HP Ice? If so, you've got a better than perfect Heatran : P

1) Save, then turn off PSS auto-saving.

2) Next, go online and check your BuzzNav news for new Mirage Spots.

3) Then fly near the south of Ever Grande and see if Crescent Isle is there.

4) If you find it, save on the island to SR. If not, reset and repeat from step 2.

Didn't even think to check the HP. Unfortunately...it's Dragon. That would have been nice though.

Thank you for the instructions! I thought it might have something to do with the auto saving.

Edit: Annnnnnnnd I got Crescent Isle on the first try, haha. Thanks again!

Azuran

Banned
KYaJOOul.jpg

Nice, congrats! What nature did you go for? I been planning on doing Heatran next but I can't decide between Modest or Timid lol

I have six Fire Stones, five Thunder Stones, but I can't get a Water Stone for the life of me. :'(

EDIT: Complaining works. Thank you, super training!

Nice, congrats! What nature did you go for? I been planning on doing Heatran next but I can't decide between Modest or Timid lol

Yeah, I was a bit torn as well, but finally decided to go for Modest. I humbly suggest that you go for a Timid one, so then we'll have one of each between us, haha.

ffdgh

And out of nowhere a eon ticket is streetpassed to me. Thankyou burgerking craving.
KuGsj.gif

Time for another soft reset adventure!

JoeM86

German Nationals start on May 16th in the Carl Benz Arena in Stuttgart
Italian Nationals start on June 13th in the Mediolanum Forum in Assago

Anxiously awaiting the UK Nationals date :)

entremet

Is Pokemon catching ability a hidden value that goes up as you fill your dex?

I'm catching the rest of the legendaries pretty easily.

Hans Holo

Banned
Does anybody have a female charmander in a premier ball? :( impossible to get over gts

Or can somebody catch a female charmeleon in a premier ball for me via friend safari? That would be awesome.

Syntsui

Is Pokemon catching ability a hidden value that goes up as you fill your dex?

I'm catching the rest of the legendaries pretty easily.

I don't think so, it's just really easy to catch anything nowadays considering all these factors (taken from bulbapedia):

The probability of catching a Pokémon starts with the species' catch rate divided by 255. Then it is multiplied by the following factors:

The health of the Pokémon (relative to its full health), which can reduce the probability to ⅓× at full health.

The type of Poké Ball, which can augment by some ×.

Any status condition of the wild Pokémon (i.e. 2.5× increase for sleep or freeze, and 1.5× for paralyze, poison, or burn).

Any active Pass Powers (in Generation V) or O-Power (in Generation VI).

The effects stack multiplicatively—for example, a 2× and a 3× will combine to be 6×. If the calculation ends up greater than 1, the wild Pokémon is assured to be caught.

The rarity of the Pokémon (i.e. how often it appears in the wild) is totally independent from its catch rate after it is encountered.

Actually capturing does get easier as you fill up your Pokedex due to the Critical Capture mechanic, the chance of getting once increases the more species you've got in your pokedex , it reduces it to a single check to capture, instead of one for each shake.

Hegarol

German Nationals start on May 16th in the Carl Benz Arena in Stuttgart
Italian Nationals start on June 13th in the Mediolanum Forum in Assago

Anxiously awaiting the UK Nationals date :)
Wanted to go for the first time this year, but the 16th is one of very few dates I can't. Damn, thats too bad :((

entremet

Actually capturing does get easier as you fill up your Pokedex due to the Critical Capture mechanic, the chance of getting once increases the more species you've got in your pokedex , it reduces it to a single check to capture, instead of one for each shake.

I had a feeling about that. I was getting more one shakes. I got a one shake on Zekrom lol.

Firestorm

Wanted to go for the first time this year, but the 16th is one of very few dates I can't. Damn, thats too bad :((
Keep in mind you can still go to events in other countries. Also the Netherlands will have a Regional next month which should be cool as it's during the European Challenge Cup which is biggest international TCG event in Europe!

Hegarol

Keep in mind you can still go to events in other countries. Also the Netherlands will have a Regional next month which should be cool as it's during the European Challenge Cup which is biggest international TCG event in Europe!
There are other events sure, but Stuttgart is just two hours away, so its the closest event in 2015 for me ;)

Syntsui

This scene won't even happen if you choose her, hell there will be no good cutscenes at all if you choose to start with her =x.

QP3

Can ditto be caught in ORAS?

I have one that I got off of GTS, which is fine for simple breeding, but the IVs are not there now that I am post game and want to start building some Monster-mons. Do I have to keep trying my luck on GTS or can I take matters into my own hands and catch one? Thanks!

Syntsui

Can ditto be caught in ORAS?

I have one that I got off of GTS, which is fine for simple breeding, but the IVs are not there now that I am post game and want to start building some Monster-mons. Do I have to keep trying my luck on GTS or can I take matters into my own hands and catch one? Thanks!

Yes, on Mirage Caves. They are not worth it though, I'm sure someone here has a 6IV Ditto for you, otherwise go ask on Reddit.

Yes, on Mirage Caves. They are not worth it though, I'm sure someone here has a 6IV Ditto for you, otherwise go ask on Reddit.

Do be aware that any pentagon 6 IV Ditto are probably hacked. There's only a 1/29791 chance that a 3 star Dex Nav Ditto is 6 IV which is your best chance since you can't breed Ditto for IV and there's no RNGing. 6 IV non-pentagon Ditto should be pretty easy to come by (foreign 6 IV ditto are commonly used for the Masuda method to breed shinies and it was easy to RNG them in previous generations).

Top Bottom