• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Kinokou

If you fish under the bridge with any rod on Route 119 during the day, you will always get a Feebas. They made it pretty easy to catch this fishy. It was near impossible to find it in RSE and the 4th gen games.

This also makes it pretty easy to chain fish them. I managed to catch a shiny one after a few attempts at chain fishing.

Wish I knew this before I spent about 2 hours fishing for it. Do any other Pokemon have similar tricks?

That's awesome, could I help you with something in return?

I've got an Adamant Oshawott and Jolly Tepig for you if you can get me one of these to finish off my Hoenn dex:

- Makuhita
- Delcatty
- Illumise
- Sharpedo
- Barboach
- Corphish
- Lileep
- Milotic
- Wynaut
- Sealo
- Walrein
- Huntail
- Gorebyss

Most of these I technically could breed or train, but just getting them in trades is a lot easier. :p

Oswen

I've got an Adamant Oshawott and Jolly Tepig for you if you can get me one of these to finish off my Hoenn dex:

Most of these I technically could breed or train, but just getting them in trades is a lot easier. :p

Got a Lileep and Illumise ready for you whenever you can trade, don't you happen to also have a contrary Snivy by any chance?

Got a Lileep and Illumise ready for you whenever you can trade, don't you happen to also have a contrary Snivy by any chance?

I can breed one. I just got an Illumise off of GTS though, if you have anything else it'd be great, but it's not strictly neccessary. :)

It'll take a bit though, currently working on getting a good Tepig. I'll throw my Serperior into the daycare afterwards.

I'll get some for you too, Crimson.

Oswen

I can breed one. I just got an Illumise off of GTS though, if you have anything else it'd be great, but it's not strictly neccessary. :)

It'll take a bit though, currently working on getting a good Tepig. I'll throw my Serperior into the daycare afterwards.

It's ok, I just bred a Corphish and Barboach for you.
I'm in no hurry, don't worry, good luck with your tepig!
Just tell me when you can trade, maybe drop a pm.

Bladelaw

Well i spent 4 hours last night cataloging all my pokemon across 6 games and 3 generations. It turns out in order to complete the living dex I need 72 more pokemon. Aside from Jirachi, Manaphy, Phione, and Shaymin I have every 'mon I need i just need to breed/train to get all the appropriate evolutions. Now that I know this I need to consolidate all the Pokemon onto one cart.

I also discovered that I have large numbers of certain Legendaries (fighting trio and the storm trio) and two naturally caught shinies (hoppip and drilbur).

So if anyone is interested in trading the mythicals I listed above for a shiny or legendary let me know. Getting those four would be absolutely wonderful.

CrimsonN0

I'll get some for you too, Crimson.
Thanks.
My friend code is 5000-3009-5859

Right, they're ready for you, I'll check their IV's and add your friend codes.

There you go, enjoy 'em! Sorry for the moment of waiting, Crimson, I was watching Sherlock at the same time and it got exciting all of a sudden. :p

Did anyone else farm the shiny Beldum event like me? I procrastinated until Wednesday night but I was able to get three Adamant, one Jolly and one Modest (lol) before they turned off the mystery gift.

entremet

Still got one!

Still need:

Geodude
Crobat
Machamp
Bellosom
Roserade
Igglybuff
Wigglytuff
Dusknoir
Phanphy
Rhyhyperior
Froslass
Horsea
Kingdra

for my Hoenn dex. :(

You sure you need a Geodude? I have tons trash wonder trading. Or is it a Golem?

I can help you. I've been sick so I'm just home tonight.

Did anyone else farm the shiny Beldum event like me? I procrastinated until Wednesday night but I was able to get three Adamant, one Jolly and one Modest (lol) before they turned off the mystery gift.

What?! You can exploit mystery gift like that? Damn!

You sure you need a Geodude? I have tons trash wonder trading. Or is it a Golem?

I can help you. I've been sick so I'm just home tonight.

I got one already off GTS, was too lazy to look for one myself. :p

Currently looking for a Dusknoir, but it's the first one that's taking more than a few minutes.

What?! You can exploit mystery gift like that? Damn!

Two 3DS, two OR/AS.

System 1 Game 1 - start a save file, get to the trading point (PSS), catch random wild Pokemon to trade to Game 2.

System 2 Game 2 - start save file, get to the trading point, download and collect mystery gift, soft reset for nature, trade to Game 1. Delete Game 2's save file and start again.

*edit - you can do it with XY I think, but I wanted to keep the extra Metagrossites so I should have 6 of those now. Worthless considering you
get one later in the game

entremet

Two 3DS, two OR/AS.

System 1 Game 1 - start a save file, get to the trading point (PSS), catch random wild Pokemon to trade to Game 2.

System 2 Game 2 - start save file, get to the trading point, download and collect mystery gift, soft reset for nature, trade to Game 1. Delete Game 2's save file and start again.

Ah. I have only one of each.

Azuran

Banned
I just ran into a Mega Lopunny on Battle Spot that was running Encore, Teeter Dance, Fake Out, and Drain Punch.

She completely kicked my ass and shut my entire team down. It was horrible guys and I completely didn't see it coming. And here I was thinking my Cresselia/Sylveon lead was going to lead to a great first turn :/

Thanks again Blue Ninja

In other news, I always thought of Mega Mewtwo X as Gogeta, fitting with the DBZ thing going on with its other forms have going on. But looking at its attack animations, It seems he ate the gum gum fruit, it can stretch its limbs o_O

Or maybe its Piccolo

While I'm loving Alpha Saphire, a lot more than X, in fact, I have to say, I think I might be done with the X/Y engine Pokemon games after AS unless the next games step it up, maybe with the help of the New 3DS.

Muku

If there is the option to farm an event with XY I would do it, since you can farm with items. Aren't most of the new events restricted to ORAS though?

Depends. Once in a while, like with Shiny Rayquaza... it's X, Y, OR, and AS. Normally I'd do it with XY, but was wondering if maybe any particular reason ORAS instead. ORAS would be easier ultimately to deal with, but I think with speed runs you can chop a couple of minutes off with XY to get to point you can trade. But figured I'd ask in case there was anything I wasn't taking into consideration. So yeah, while most new events all, not all are. In case of Rayquaza though, there is no item, which is another reason to bring it up. (Even still, you could farm items on them through ORAS too.)
Mainly hoping NOT to have to delete an X file if I were to go farming Shiny Rayquaza... but appears it might have to happen. Would be easier with AS since I have one I've been restart farming with. But ultimately with that time is of the essence.

I did. I didn't bother going to PSS in-game though. I farmed them because I decided to farm a handful initially. Then I continued farming while I farmed HA Serperior the day it came out. I have close to 20 shiny Beldum sitting in PokeBank for trade. Yeah, no stone, but figure anyone I trade it to can get their in-game one anyway. I didn't bother SRing for natures after a while though.

Azuran

Banned
Ugh, 5 DCs throughout the day has completely tanked my battle spot record. I never been below 1500 until now.

I don't even know if it's the server or all of my stupid connections. 2 at school, 1 at my friend's house, and the last 2 just now at home. My battle spirit has officially been broken

tumblr_nib18zHIEi1r2iek2o1_500.jpg

*sigh*

JoeM86

Interesting. The Egg events going on in Japan at the moment hatch eggs with Classic Ribbons.

They also sent press releases out stating the PGL gift will be Rock Head Tyrunt. This is very intriguing

one_kill

Ugh, 5 DCs throughout the day has completely tanked my battle spot record. I never been below 1500 until now.

I don't even know if it's the server or all of my stupid connections. 2 at school, 1 at my friend's house, and the last 2 just now at home. My battle spirit has officially been broken

*sigh*
They're just stats dude

Top Bottom