• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Syntsui

Do be aware that any pentagon 6 IV Ditto are probably hacked. There's only a 1/29791 chance that a 3 star Dex Nav Ditto is 6 IV which is your best chance since you can't breed Ditto for IV and there's no RNGing. 6 IV non-pentagon Ditto should be pretty easy to come by (foreign 6 IV ditto are commonly used for the Masuda method to breed shinies and it was easy to RNG them in previous generations).
It was a Gaffer that gave mine, pretty sure it's a legit RNGed one (cloned of course) from previous gens (got it in my Y copy). It doesn't have the pentagon too.

Hans Holo

Banned
Will ask again for new page:

Does anybody have a female charmander in a premier ball?

Or can somebody catch a female charmeleon in a premier ball for me in a friend safari?

IVs and nature don't matter. Hidden ability would be nice but if not it's okay.

Edit: nvm reddit helped me out

Firestorm

Do be aware that any pentagon 6 IV Ditto are probably hacked. There's only a 1/29791 chance that a 3 star Dex Nav Ditto is 6 IV which is your best chance since you can't breed Ditto for IV and there's no RNGing. 6 IV non-pentagon Ditto should be pretty easy to come by (foreign 6 IV ditto are commonly used for the Masuda method to breed shinies and it was easy to RNG them in previous generations).
Pentagon doesn't really matter for Ditto as you're just using it for breeding. If you're using it for battling, only the HP IV matters as you're copying the rest of the stats from your opponent anyway.

When the last 'Mon in an egg batch is the flawless one you want.

yyd9dOV.png

I can't believe Smogon banned greninja.

Greninja, Aegislash, Mawile, Kangaskan, Blaziken, Lucario, Gengar, Salamance, Might as well just ban Talonflame and Rotom, so you can get rid of anything that's remotely good.

Azuran

Banned
I can't believe Smogon banned greninja.

Greninja, Aegislash, Mawile, Kangaskan, Blaziken, Lucario, Gengar, Salamance, Might as well just ban Talonflame and Rotom, so you can get rid of anything that's remotely good.

That's why you play VGC Doubles instead of Singles. I did that last November and haven't looked back ever since. Not having to deal with Stealth Rock trolling along with people's love for both stalling and switching completely revitalize my interest on battling. GameFreak clearly stopped trying to balance singles a long time ago.

Also, Mawile is not banned which is always awesome.

MicH

That's why you play VGC Doubles instead of Singles. I did that last November and haven't looked back ever since. Not having to deal with Stealth Rock trolling along with people's love for both stalling and switching completely revitalize my interest on battling. GameFreak clearly stopped trying to balance singles a long time ago.

God yes. VGC is my favorite format. Dark Void bring allowed is annoying, but that is really the only annoyance. Map much extra strategy involved!

entremet

I've fallen in love with VGC. Such a fun format.

Azuran

Banned
So, for Umbreon, assuming I'm going with a Calm nature and Wish/Heal Bell/Moonlight/Foul Play, a 31/x/31/x/31/31 IV spread is fine, right?

If you're using Foul Play, yeah. Thought I prefer Bold over Calm. His SpD is already high enough, so I always figured he could use that extra bump to DEF to even things out. Also, them fighting types are usually physically so it always help a bit more.

CrimsonN0

I kind of hope we can re-start the near daily GAF Multi-Battles we had going on for a couple months during XY.
Always fun for people to learn for the first time things like Earthquake and Sludge Wave hit everyone else on the field even allies or find weird new strategies or synergies.

Firestorm

If you're using Foul Play, yeah. Thought I prefer Bold over Calm. His SpD is already high enough, so I always figured he could use that extra bump to DEF to even things out. Also, them fighting types are usually physically so it always help a bit more.
Keep in mind that nature is a % increase so if you boost your highest stat, you'll usually end up with a higher stat point total than trying to make up a lower stat. Unless you're trying to hit a stat number that isn't possible without the nature, it might be better to boost the higher stat!

MicH

I kind of hope we can re-start the near daily GAF Multi-Battles we had going on for a couple months during XY.
Always fun for people to learn for the first time things like Earthquake and Sludge Wave hit everyone else on the field even allies or find weird new strategies or synergies.
That was really fun. I loved bringing weird sets to experiment with

Yrael

I rather like bringing along a level 1 Aron in the Battle Maison with Sturdy + Endeavour + Protect + Shell Bell, and paired with a Pokemon that knows Fake Out.

JoeM86

Pentagon doesn't really matter for Ditto as you're just using it for breeding. If you're using it for battling, only the HP IV matters as you're copying the rest of the stats from your opponent anyway.

I'd say Speed and defences too, in case Imposter fails

If imposter fails you probably want low speed and high HP and defence, so that you win the Struggle war between dittoes, which is what causes imposter to fail 99% of the time. Since struggle does 25% health recoil you're better off moving last, so that your opponent dies of recoil first.

I've got a few spare 5IV Adamant Tepig, if anyone's interested. Save a few of you the breeding trouble. I can make a list of the 'Mon I still need for my living dex.

I currently have 4 available, but since Tepig is currently my go-to breeding 'Mon I might get a few more unless I switch to Oshawott for variety's sake.

If anyone has a spare Sassy 31/31/31/31/31/x or HA Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31 Eevee and wants to trade it for one of my Tepig, send me a PM.

Lol, a shiny Vespiquen just came through GTS. What is up with all these shinies.

I'd like a Tepig

Muku

Man, hard to believe this weekend is already the WHF. I wonder how busy the Osaka one was. Guess good part is Tokyo has it for two days. Anyone else going?

Edit: As a side note, how much more time does changing screen brightness from 5 to 1 save overall time on the XL/LL on average? Is Power-Saving mode worth having on even if you go down to 1? (Or is Power Saving better at high end? Where it adjusts to light in room? I don't know enough about these settings obviously. :( Just now really felt like it's a good time to learn.)

Edit 2: I've got a really nice Horsea (shiny) I've come across in my trading. Already have one in my Shiny Dex. Curious, is Horsea worth a flip, or no? Comp or just in-game itself. Never fiddled with one, but it's IVs and natures are damn good. Wondering if I should use it or trade it.

All right, noob question here, but I want to double check.

Is Pearl/Diamond the only way to transfer a pokemon from 3rd Generation to 4th? I want to transfer my Mew up to ORAS, but I cannot find my Pearl cartridge, and I'd rather not go out and hunt down a used copy of Pearl just to grind through the game just so I can transfer. I'd love to transfer, but not if it's too big a hassle for me.

Muku

All right, noob question here, but I want to double check.

Is Pearl/Diamond the only way to transfer a pokemon from 3rd Generation to 4th? I want to transfer my Mew up to ORAS, but I cannot find my Pearl cartridge, and I'd rather not go out and hunt down a used copy of Pearl just to grind through the game just so I can transfer. I'd love to transfer, but not if it's too big a hassle for me.

I traded mostly from SoulSilver up. I only transferred off Pearl and up when I was literally yanking stuff off that cart. So if you have SS or HG should work too.

I traded mostly from SoulSilver up. I only transferred off Pearl and up when I was literally yanking stuff off that cart. So if you have SS or HG should work too.

So I can transfer from Ruby to SoulSilver? If so, then that would be great. I never got a chance to buy the 2nd Gen remakes, but would be willing to play them. I just really disliked Pearl/Diamond, so I don't want to replay them.

Also, if I absolutely have too, I believe I have a friend who still has their copy of either Diamond or SoulSilver I can borrow.

Muku

So I can transfer from Ruby to SoulSilver? If so, then that would be great. I never got a chance to buy the 2nd Gen remakes, but would be willing to play them. I just really disliked Pearl/Diamond, so I don't want to replay them.

Also, if I absolutely have too, I believe I have a friend who still has their copy of either Diamond or SoulSilver I can borrow.

Yep. Though, you have a DS, correct? Cuz you'll need to have Ruby in the GBA slot and SS in the DS slot. Then, if I recall, up bring them via Pal Park so you have to be far enough in game for that.

Yep. Though, you have a DS, correct? Cuz you'll need to have Ruby in the GBA slot and SS in the DS slot. Then, if I recall, up bring them via Pal Park so you have to be far enough in game for that.

Yep. Still got the original DS Phat, so I'll be able to transfer from Ruby->SS->B2->Bank.

I had a Calm one left and just wasn't in the mood to breed a Bold one. :lol Ultimately, that's what motivated the decision. Otherwise I probably would've kept hunting for a 5IV one, as well.

I have boxes full of Tyrunt (with egg moves), Eevee (with Wish), Clauncher, Joltik and Skiddo right now. A lot are 5IV, just not flawless. If anyone wants one, let me know, because once I get rid of them, they're gone. Gonna keep them around in the Pokébank for a while to gather up some BP.

I'd like a Tepig

Sure thing, shoot me a PM with your online hours.

Edit 2: I've got a really nice Horsea (shiny) I've come across in my trading. Already have one in my Shiny Dex. Curious, is Horsea worth a flip, or no? Comp or just in-game itself. Never fiddled with one, but it's IVs and natures are damn good. Wondering if I should use it or trade it.

Kingdra is a beast, imo. I still need to breed one for myself, too.

Really? What makes you say that? I don't really know its' movepool or what nature is best or anything for it to be honest. x_x

Speaking just from personal preference, but I always liked Kingdra. Looks badass.

You can make him a critical hit machine. Sniper ability, Focus Energy and a Scope Lens and he'll have a raised Critical Hit ratio +3, with each Critical Hit doing double the damage.

Muku

Speaking just from personal preference, but I always liked Kingdra. Looks badass.

You can make him a critical hit machine. Sniper ability, Focus Energy and a Scope Lens and he'll have a raised Critical Hit ratio +3, with each Critical Hit doing double the damage.

Ahhh. I think my Horsea has Swift Swim. Think Sniper is out of question then, yeah? :( It's also Modest.

Muku

An Ability Capsule should help you with that, but they're not cheap.

Modest is a good nature.

Wait, is Sniper not the HA? I was thinking it was... because I have Ability Capsules on X.

Edit: Holy crap, it's not the HA. Now I may just have to use one on this thing. Maybe I'll use it in OR when I play...

Kinokou

Ahhh. I think my Horsea has Swift Swim. Think Sniper is out of question then, yeah? :( It's also Modest.

Special attacking Kingdra is perfectly valid. Check out what hidden power it has too it might be a nice coverage move depending on what type it is.

Now to talk worse nature luck, I got a modest shiny Shroomish on my ingame team. I decided to run special attack on it despite attack still being higher once it evolves since I'm going to breed a nice physical one later anyway. Or I can mess around with the EVs and moveset later but right now the variation is nice.

I never name my Pokémon, it's real name or bust.

I received a shiny Mismagius through GTS and it's called 'Gandalf'. I was appalled.

I just noticed that the nicknames does not show up in online battles anymore? Haven't tested it with friends but it is a severe disappointment to me if they never display.

Ugh, I need me a shiny Greninja. Just look at that guy, so badass.

m7Gqxrq.png

I'd try once I've gotten my shiny charm, but I probably just won't have the patience. One can dream, though.

Muku

m7Gqxrq.png

I'd try once I've gotten my shiny charm, but I probably just won't have the patience. One can dream, though.

It's worth the breeding. I mean that's just awesome. Though if going for Protean, you might be in it for long haul. Remember some folks in X/Y thread being frustrated with their shinies coming out anything but.

My first shiny Froakie popped out as Protean, so I feel like a horrible person when I read folks frustrations on trying to get their little one to have it.

I've had a tough few months already, last thing I need is throwing my 2DS out of the window when my shiny Froakie hatches with terrible stats and Torrent. :lol

Thing is already falling apart as it is.

Muku

Haha, I hear ya. Unfortunately, if I recall right mine came out a tad too early since it only has 4IVs. Can't remember if they're even in good spots at the moment. Been doing some prep work for this weekend. Catching junk Pokemon, getting games up to snuff that aren't (up to point to trade), and preparing to erase a game file for possible farming. D: I'll probably wait last minute to trade/bank those Pokemon in that game. So difficult to do... Though guess it might give me another reason to play XY again. For the fourth time.

That rough on your poor 2DS? :eek:

My stylus doesn't stay into the slot anymore, since the fitting has broken a bit. When I hold it sideways, it just slides out.

Also started noticing it often doesn't recognize me pushing the D-Pad. Tiny issues, but they add up.

ffdgh

m7Gqxrq.png

First 3 shiny froakies having torrent drove me bonkers but I eventally got my shiny ninja frog...a female one unxpectedly considering the insane odds lol. Love her to bits <3.

Hmm now that I think about it, delphox is the only one I havend masuda'd.

Bladelaw

72 Pokémon to go to complete the living dex. I noticed I had a couple natively found Shiny 'mons too when I was taking inventory across 6 games. Specifically Hoppip and Drilbur. Would either of these make tradebait for one of the three mythicals (Jirachi, Manaphy, and Shaymin) I'm missing?

Also if not what would? The best I can offer is a Keldeo, or Victini as those are the only two I have extras of (missed the pokebank Celebi).

Top Bottom