• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

L.O.R.D

oh , i just remember today is 16 in my country

and i got them

B7aGdehCYAAGek1.jpg

B7aGd3UCIAAXbG-.jpg

B7aGjtTCAAEhMBL.jpg

B7aGd9ACAAA9T8Q.jpg

now i need to play a little in this game to activate the trade , so i can get them in my ruby

alterno69

Banned
Basic question here, my son has 30 hours into omega ruby but he doesn't know how to change his active pokemon, how do i change it?

Edit: He is 7 and loves the game but some stuff is beyong him i think, we connected his 3ds online today and i see a list of players there, what can he do while online, what are the benefits of going online?

backlot

Basic question here, my son has 30 hours into omega ruby but he doesn't know how to change his active pokemon, how do i change it?

Click the green icon with the Pokeball on it in the bottom left corner of the touch screen. It'll bring up a list of Pokemon in your party that you can drag and drop on the touch screen to rearrange their order. Top Pokemon on the list will be the one that is sent out first.

entremet

I see six pokemom there, how can i switch one of those with the rest of his Pokemon? I can't see them

You need to go a town that and go to the Poke Center. Those are the red buildings where you can heal your party. There's a PC to the right that you can access and deposit Pokemon and withdraw any ones he caught.

Online is for trading Pokemon and battling mostly.

How PokeGaf! Is this thread just for ORAS questions or general Pokemon inquiries? Because I've just got something I want to ask. Right now, I have Pokemon Soul Silver, Pearl, White, White 2, Y, and Omega Ruby. I also have Ruby and Fire Red. I have a brother who has the compliment versions of all of these. Between these games, with trading and such, what Pokemon will I be unable to get? More importantly, what do I need in order to get them all into one file? Thanks for the help! And if this isn't the right thread, could someone point me that way? Thanks again!

Anyone have a Modest sychronize pokemon that I could have? I could have sworn that I had all of the most common types on my XY copy, but the Modest one is nowhere to be found now.

How PokeGaf! Is this thread just for ORAS questions or general Pokemon inquiries? Because I've just got something I want to ask. Right now, I have Pokemon Soul Silver, Pearl, White, White 2, Y, and Omega Ruby. I also have Ruby and Fire Red. I have a brother who has the compliment versions of all of these. Between these games, with trading and such, what Pokemon will I be unable to get? More importantly, what do I need in order to get them all into one file? Thanks for the help! And if this isn't the right thread, could someone point me that way? Thanks again!

So basically, you have every main game between Gens III-VI, plus the remakes. You should have everything. In fact, you're supposed to be able to get everything between XY and ORAS alone.

All non-Mythical Pokemon are available between X/Y/OR/AS . Deoxys (a (formerly?) mythical pokemon) is also available in both OR and AS. Although you can only get 1 Legendary Bird (Articuno/Moltres/Zapdos) per X/Y game (its determined by your starter choice) , and you only get 1 copy of some legendaries (Thunderus (AS) & Tornadus (OR) , Dialga (OR) & Palkia (AS), Lugia (AS) & Ho-Oh (OR), Reshiram (OR) & Zekrom (AS), Xerneas (X) & Yveltal (Y), Kyogre (AS) & Groundon(OR), Latios (OR) & Latias (AS)) between the 4 games. If you have the Eon Ticket you can also get Latias in OR and Latios in AS (so you get 2 of each). All of the legendary limitations are unless you reset obviously.

IMO the best way to get all pokemon is to get as many as possible in Gen VI and then pick up the extra legendaries (and mythicals (if you have access)) you're missing from previous generations. Transferring pokemon between Gen III and IV and IV and V is a giant pain.

entremet

You can technically get a full pokedex with XY and ORAS.

And you can definitely get a full Pokedex by combining all the DS games, so you should be set with just using Gen VI.

The issue with the DS is that online trading has been shutoff. You can only trade via DS systems with those games.

In order to get everything in one file you'll need a few things.

2 DSes or 2 3DSes or a combination of the two to move Pokemon from Platinum/HGSS to BW/2.

From BW/2 you'll need to use a the PokeBank application for the 3DS to move them XY/ORAS. It's subscription based, but only like 5 bucks per year.

Thanks for the info, guys! Sucks that transferring is a pain, but I'm glad they've made older Pokemon so available in the newer games. Too bad the event ones are so hard to get, but I've still got my Deoxys back in my old Ruby, so that's cool. Time to get to work!

edit: Oh, last question. Can I trade between a DS and a 3DS? Like, put my Soul Silver in my DS and Y in my 3DS and trade that way?

Thanks for the info, guys! Sucks that transferring is a pain, but I'm glad they've made older Pokemon so available in the newer games. Too bad the event ones are so hard to get, but I've still got my Deoxys back in my old Ruby, so that's cool. Time to get to work!

edit: Oh, last question. Can I trade between a DS and a 3DS? Like, put my Soul Silver in my DS and Y in my 3DS and trade that way?

You can't directly trade from Soul Silver (Gen IV) to Y (Gen VI). You can trade from B/W/B2/W2 to X/Y using a DS and 3DS (or 2 3DSs).

Muku

now i need to play a little in this game to activate the trade , so i can get them in my ruby

Not sure if you're aware, but you can also PokeBank stuff in the JPN game in and then yank out. So while yes, you can get far enough to trade, you can also bank it.

Naw, you'll need to trade up from Soul Silver to BW or BW2. You'd need another DS with one of those games to transfer up from there. From there you have to transfer from BW/2 with Transporter into Bank and then from Bank into XY or ORAS.

ebevan91

I hate that Xerneas doesn't learn Play Rough. It has a pretty good physical move pool but it doesn't have the one physical Fairy move :|

Kinokou

I don't think you can, actually, but the guy said it was legit and I got it. Maybe it was luck and the trader was a nice guy. It even had 4 IVs and the pentagon.

Same for me and a lot of the trades were quite reasonable. So I'll check there or wait until someone offers up their breeding rejects.

There is so much exiting stuff happening with the dragon Pokemon now. I had much fun making a mono dragon team on XY and I'm really exited for all the adjustments I can make with the new megas and HAs.

I'm gonna wait until I can get my hands on a HA Tyrunt for breeding now. Dat Rock Head Tyrantrum.

Thanks for the HA Emboar and Samurott, Muku! Much appreciated.

Time for breeding. How do these look?

RGEZqqZ.png

Syntsui

I'm gonna wait until I can get my hands on a HA Tyrunt for breeding now. Dat Rock Head Tyrantrum.

RGEZqqZ.png

They are not viable at all. But if you want to use them in-game only, I think that's pretty much the best build you can use.

Rafavert

RGEZqqZ.png

I'd suggest Aqua Jet over Iron Tail. His Aqua Jets after a Swords Dance sting a fair bit and helps make up for his low speed. It's just a bummer he's so frail....

Alrighty adding.

On an unrelated note...Shiny Buneary get!

I wasn't able to get back on GAF last night, but thank you SO much for the Synchronize Ralts. I'm sure you probably have a ton already, but I hope that 5IV Eevee is at least somewhat useful.

On a somewhat related note..... Soft resetting for Heatran is so much less of a hassle than SR'ing for Landorus. Not having to go through the Latios animations before and after every battle is such a time saver.

Here's a question though: When I eventually get around to SR'ing for the Legendary Dogs (Suicune, etc), will I only be able to SR for 20 minutes for each one? Like, if I start at 8:00 and time eventually changes to 8:21, will the next Soft Reset result in the next trio in the rotation showing up? That's going to suck if so....

Hegarol

Here's a question though: When I eventually get around to SR'ing for the Legendary Dogs (Suicune, etc), will I only be able to SR for 20 minutes for each one? Like, if I start at 8:00 and time eventually changes to 8:21, will the next Soft Reset result in the next trio in the rotation showing up? That's going to suck if so....
If you save on the island itself you should be good, as the dog is defined at the time of your landing.

backlot

I wasn't able to get back on GAF last night, but thank you SO much for the Synchronize Ralts. I'm sure you probably have a ton already, but I hope that 5IV Eevee is at least somewhat useful.

On a somewhat related note..... Soft resetting for Heatran is so much less of a hassle than SR'ing for Landorus. Not having to go through the Latios animations before and after every battle is such a time saver.

What legend you get is based on what time it is when you land on the island. If you get there at 8:00 and save the game you will get the same legend every time you reset until you leave the island.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Something "cool" happened to me today.

I just got to Fortree. Went back to Route 119 to try and catch a Feebas. First time I try, a female Feebas pops up. Boom. It's definitely not as hard as it was in the original RSE, but, man. Still feels good.

Something "cool" happened to me today.

I just got to Fortree. Went back to Route 119 to try and catch a Feebas. First time I try, a female Feebas pops up. Boom. It's definitely not as hard as it was in the original RSE, but, man. Still feels good.

If you fish under the bridge with any rod on Route 119 during the day, you will always get a Feebas. They made it pretty easy to catch this fishy. It was near impossible to find it in RSE and the 4th gen games.

This also makes it pretty easy to chain fish them. I managed to catch a shiny one after a few attempts at chain fishing.

Muku

No prob. :)

Figure most folks would use them to breed / keep for trophies, so didn't bother with natures. Not even my own breeding rejects did I worry about it. HAha. Have so many to farm that it's just not worth the time investment really.

No prob. :)

Figure most folks would use them to breed / keep for trophies, so didn't bother with natures. Not even my own breeding rejects did I worry about it. HAha. Have so many to farm that it's just not worth the time investment really.

I'll send some Adamant ones onto GTS later. Only need 17 more to get my Hoenn dex.

Lol, first five eggs bred from your Event Samurott: four males with Torrent. One female with Shell Armor. Based RNGesus.

Muku

I'll send some Adamant ones onto GTS later. Only need 17 more to get my Hoenn dex.

Nice! Hopefully you can get them pretty quick.

Strange question I suppose, but curious what folks think. When farming an event Pokemon, would you do so in XY or ORAS? I think if you speed run XY you can get to part where you trade slightly faster, but curious if there's anything I'm overlooking, so I am wondering about thoughts.

Hegarol

Nice! Hopefully you can get them pretty quick.

Strange question I suppose, but curious what folks think. When farming an event Pokemon, would you do so in XY or ORAS? I think if you speed run XY you can get to part where you trade slightly faster, but curious if there's anything I'm overlooking, so I am wondering about thoughts.
If there is the option to farm an event with XY I would do it, since you can farm with items. Aren't most of the new events restricted to ORAS though?

Joey Ravn

Banned
If you fish under the bridge with any rod on Route 119 during the day, you will always get a Feebas. They made it pretty easy to catch this fishy. It was near impossible to find it in RSE and the 4th gen games.

This also makes it pretty easy to chain fish them. I managed to catch a shiny one after a few attempts at chain fishing.

Awesome bit of trivia, thanks! I actually caught mine just down the stairs near the northernmost shore. But, yeah, it's really easy to get a Feebas now.

Top Bottom