• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Firestorm

I wouldn't be able to trust strangers, unfortunately. If it was a GAF member, then sure. But not a random Reddit member.
Well if it wasn't going to hatch shiny in your game anyway... I used to help people with their shinies and would often get a 5IV / 4IV mon in return as thanks which was nice. I couldn't be bothered to try and hatch any of my Pokemon as shiny though.

one_kill

I never name my Pokémon, it's real name or bust.

I received a shiny Mismagius through GTS and it's called 'Gandalf'. I was appalled.
I've started naming Pokemon I've personally bred for competitive play. I find it rewarding, especially after all the effort exerted into breeding, training, and leveling it.

I try to find unusual names to give to my Pokemon. Some names I've given include Caliban for Venusaur, Toltec for Gliscor, and Kieros for Talonflame.

Man, thinking about naming Pokemon makes me want to start breeding again.

72 Pokémon to go to complete the living dex. I noticed I had a couple natively found Shiny 'mons too when I was taking inventory across 6 games. Specifically Hoppip and Drilbur. Would either of these make tradebait for one of the three mythicals (Jirachi, Manaphy, and Shaymin) I'm missing?

Also if not what would? The best I can offer is a Keldeo, or Victini as those are the only two I have extras of (missed the pokebank Celebi).
You're better off begging people who have them and can clone.

Well if it wasn't going to hatch shiny in your game anyway... I used to help people with their shinies and would often get a 5IV / 4IV mon in return as thanks which was nice. I couldn't be bothered to try and hatch any of my Pokemon as shiny though.

If I already had the shiny from the Pokemon that I wanted I would start giveaways, but I need to get mine first.

I never had a single problem on svexchange. Besides, there is the flair concept to prove that someone can be trusted.

Hmm, I'll try to check that.

It's cool you are not allowed to go offline with the egg.

That's nice.

Just gonna leave this here. Been after this guy since Black version >__>;;
ADA6B7EA-77C5-4805-9C7A-9D39C8FC5F5F_zpstwzsgbka.jpg

I'm sitting here with a Bold Cresselia with 31/7/31/31/28-29/31 IV's

I know this is a crazy question in some ways, but should I reset? Obviously it's great, but should I just shoot for a perfect instead? I don't know why I'm so conflicted on this....

MicH

I'm sitting here with a Bold Cresselia with 31/7/31/31/28-29/31 IV's

I know this is a crazy question in some ways, but should I reset? Obviously it's great, but should I just shoot for a perfect instead? I don't know why I'm so conflicted on this....
That's pretty much perfect. Keep it!

Hahaha, I figured this would be the reaction I got. I'm keeping it I guess. Like I said, I'm not sure why I freaked out on this one so much, especially since I didn't get perfects with Heatran and Landorus either, but it just feels like I'm copping out for some reason.

Ugh, I'm done with SR'ing for a while. Got the main three Poke's I wanted, so I'm fairly happy. I kind of want a HP Ice Raikou, but I don't think I can put myself through that kind of punishment for a while.

Syntsui

Hahaha, I figured this would be the reaction I got. I'm keeping it I guess. Like I said, I'm not sure why I freaked out on this one so much, especially since I didn't get perfects with Heatran and Landorus either, but it just feels like I'm copping out for some reason.

Ugh, I'm done with SR'ing for a while. Got the main three Poke's I wanted, so I'm fairly happy. I kind of want a HP Ice Raikou, but I don't think I can put myself through that kind of punishment for a while.

The chances to get a perfect one is ridiculously low. If you get 3 favourable IVs, KEEP IT and NEVER question yourself.

Muku

Think it might have been overlooked, but going to drop it here again.

Which is better for saving some battery power, turning on Power Save on the 3DS or just turning down the screen brightness to 1?

Azuran

Banned
The chances to get a perfect one is ridiculously low. If you get 3 favourable IVs, KEEP IT and NEVER question yourself.

It's actually pretty easy to get 4IV consistently these days. With both an HP and Speed checker, you can guarantee those 2 stats to always be perfect which means it's easier to get two other more at 31.

Smogon has an amazing guide if you're looking for specific checkers. Using it led me to a 5IV perfect Landorus and an awesome Cresselia :)

It might be legit, there were give aways of shiny Giratina/Palkia/Dialga for BW/B2W2 just before X/Y came out, they were pretty farmable in BW (not so much in B2W2 where you have to get past the ridiculous first gym to trade stuff)

StoneFox

Today started out fun and ended disappointingly.

I was dexnav chaining Minccinos for one with its HA. Ran into a shiny one about 30 in. "Okay, I'll paralyze it and do the usual". I wanted to catch it in a premier ball instead of a quick ball.

Most of my team was too strong to weaken it (my Galvantula thunder waved it for good measure however), but I had recently caught a Porygon that I had forgotten to put in the PC. I decided to attack the Minccino with Signal Beam because I knew it wouldn't kill. Hit it once, barely in the yellow. Hit it a second time, in the red but it got confused. "Don't you dare..."

It killed itself in confusion. :( The first shiny that has ever gotten away from me, feelsbadman.png

Muku

It might be legit, there were give aways of shiny Giratina/Palkia/Dialga for BW/B2W2 just before X/Y came out, they were pretty farmable in BW (not so much in B2W2 where you have to get past the ridiculous first gym to trade stuff)

I doubt it. Nothing recognizable as like SUM2013 or Gamestop or anything as OT. That's why I can't speak whether it's legit or not.

ffdgh

I was dexnav chaining Minccinos for one with its HA. Ran into a shiny one about 30 in. "Okay, I'll paralyze it and do the usual". I wanted to catch it in a premier ball instead of a quick ball.

Most of my team was too strong to weaken it (my Galvantula thunder waved it for good measure however), but I had recently caught a Porygon that I had forgotten to put in the PC. I decided to attack the Minccino with Signal Beam because I knew it wouldn't kill. Hit it once, barely in the yellow. Hit it a second time, in the red but it got confused. "Don't you dare..."

It killed itself in confusion. :( The first shiny that has ever gotten away from me, feelsbadman.png

But...thunderwave should have been enough alone to catch it. That sucks tho :(

That sucks! Next time just throw that quick ball.

Hegarol

Think it might have been overlooked, but going to drop it here again.

Which is better for saving some battery power, turning on Power Save on the 3DS or just turning down the screen brightness to 1?
I don't know which option is better, but if you are really looking to save battery you should do both. It depends a bit on the light situation, as the screen ist pretty dark with both options turned on. Maybe set brightness to 2 and Power save on if its too dark.

Muku

I don't know which option is better, but if you are really looking to save battery you should do both. It depends a bit on the light situation, as the screen ist pretty dark with both options turned on. Maybe set brightness to 2 and Power save on if its too dark.

I have them at Birghtness 1 and Power Save On right now. It's not bad, but sitting in a dark room probably helps. Though I couldn't notice a difference at 1 and Power Save being On a difference in screen. I was tempted to go 2, but might try 1 first. Hope place makes it doable at 1.

ffdgh

Welp by some awesome miracle, I hit the RNG jackpot.

652 runaways later...Shiny Eon Latios get! Timid, 31/1/31/30/31/30

So freaking happy considering the insane odds.

Top Bottom