• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

See, I don't even get that either. Doesn't take much to carry your 3DS with you. I think idea is that it's daunting. The US is huge, so how likely would they get one? And seems most folks don't even carry it around for StreetPasses. :( I'm going to miss that about here.

Thing that works here though are the trains. In States its all by car for most part if you live in a city. (If you live in a city and take bus, you could be prepared to ride for hours to get to work. Been there, done that.) So while you train hop you can get some. Guess for cars it's your destination that has to matter. I guess StreetPasses just don't matter for folks as much for them or if it's another reason. I doubt I'll carry it much when I get back, because no one else really does.

I lie. Because I have Eon Ticket I'll probably try to bring it with me where I can.

I complained about the Streetpass thing but thats because I'm in Australia, if you think the US lacks opportunities for Streetpassing, you ain't been to Australia. We have 8 Capital Cities that are hundreds of kilometres apart and most of our population is within about 200 KM of one of the 3 that capitals that are on the East Coast. They half-assed the initial distribution too, we only got 5 initial distribution points , and one of those wasn't in a capital city for some reason (coincidentally the one in my state). In fairness there were unlimited distributions at those areas for a day. These things are a terrible idea unless you have a fairly mobile population and a continuously high population density, people won't carry their 3DSs if they never get streetpasses , which just reinforces the problem.

Your only real chance of getting an Eon Ticket here is if you go to a gaming con, if I didn't have HomePass setup I probably wouldn't get an Eon Ticket until PAX this year (or Supanova if that's earlier this year).

Muku

I complained about the Streetpass thing but thats because I'm in Australia, if you think the US lacks opportunities for Streetpassing, you ain't been to Australia. We have 8 Capital Cities that are hundreds of kilometres apart and most of our population is within about 200 KM of one of the 3 that capitals that are on the East Coast. They half-assed the initial distribution too, we only got 5 initial distribution points , and one of those wasn't in a capital city for some reason (coincidentally the one in my state). In fairness there were unlimited distributions at those areas for a day. These things are a terrible idea unless you have a fairly mobile population and a continuously high population density, people won't carry their 3DSs if they never get streetpasses , which just reinforces the problem.

Your only real chance of getting an Eon Ticket here is if you go to a gaming con, if I didn't have HomePass setup I probably wouldn't get an Eon Ticket until PAX this year (or Supanova if that's earlier this year).

Actually, think the mobile thing goes for a lot of places. I'm not sure how often in States or Australia you get folks from another province, state, what have you. I imagine Europe might be a bit easier, but I could be wrong about that. Tend to think things are pretty good here. Though things like TGS just make it all the much better. (State side only done E3 with my 3DS.)

Actually, think the mobile thing goes for a lot of places. I'm not sure how often in States or Australia you get folks from another province, state, what have you. I imagine Europe might be a bit easier, but I could be wrong about that. Tend to think things are pretty good here. Though things like TGS just make it all the much better. (State side only done E3 with my 3DS.)

In Australia, in Queensland at least, you'll get 0 a day in most areas, you'll get 1 or 2 if you hang around the game stores in the center of Brisbane (the capital) for a couple of hours, and maybe 3-5 a day if you're on a university campus. On rare occasions I've got 1 or 2 streetpasses on buses in Brisbane. I can't imagine that even the smaller state capitals in the US are that bad. Though the regional areas are probably equally hopeless (0 is 0).

The thing that gets me is how much people bitch when they do an event here. StreetPass Eon Tickets is an awesome idea but nobody wants to even leave their homes. No point to an event in that case. People just wanna stay home.

I thought the EON ticket was an amazing idea.
In fact, I'd like to see an entire game based around it. Just a small eShop game where you have an item/curse/cure or something and the idea is to spread it worldwide.
It could have a real-time world map to show how close you are to it (with Spotpass alerts like 'it's come to your town!') and how far it's spread.
It could be like Noby Noby Boy and be like a worldwide co-op game where we all pool results for an overall goal.
Maybe those who can't get regular passes could be crafters or assist the passers/spreaders in some way through online connection.

Just thinking out loud but anyway, I really did like the idea behind the EON ticket :)

Syntsui

Softrsetting for Latios, found a 31/31/31/31//31/29 one

why the 29 in fucking speed? ;__;

It pretty much is the only stat that will make a difference... I would not take it if you play competitively.

It's better to have one with 31/X/27+/31/27+/31 than the one you got =x.

Yeah, it sucks how dominant Speed is competitively it means 0,1 , 30 and 31 are the only speeds that are competitively viable (0 for trick room, 30 for Hidden Power, 1 for both).

How many Pokemon do you need to get 100 BP from the Pokemon Bank? I seem to have deposited a lot, but the bank seems to only give me 4 or 5 at a time.

JoeM86

Following last night's sudden arrival of the Contrary Serperior, the details for the next two distributions have been revealed.
Reckless Emboar will be available from January 29th, also through a special code
Shell Armor Samurott will be available from February 5th, also through a special code.
Chances are these codes will match the Japanese one but we'll post on the site with details as they come. They are distributed until November 30th 2015.

Syntsui

Following last night's sudden arrival of the Contrary Serperior, the details for the next two distributions have been revealed.
Reckless Emboar will be available from January 29th, also through a special code
Shell Armor Samurott will be available from February 5th, also through a special code.
Chances are these codes will match the Japanese one but we'll post on the site with details as they come. They are distributed until November 30th 2015.

Did anything happen in the USA, Pokémon related, that made nintendo/gamefreak bitter? It amazes me that they keep neglecting a country that buys more games than the whole Europe.

JoeM86

Did anything happen in the USA, Pokémon related, that made nintendo/gamefreak bitter? It amazes me that they keep neglecting a country that buys more games than the whole Europe.

Well for one Nintendo of America/The Pokémon Company International (America) are the ones who decide American events...

There's also explanation on why Japan gets more events in the previous page :)

kyo2004

Yay... my prediction was accurate... XD...

Now when will we have the Shaymin/Keldeo/Meloetta event in the west? It sucks not live in Japan to be part of that... :(

Azuran

Banned
Oh my goodness, just got another awesome legendary after only 20 mins of SR:

Suicune Bold 31/x/31/31/30/31

9dR2wrO.jpg

I thought it was 5IV until the checker broke my 30 second dream. Oh well, still awesome! Done capturing Legendaries for now since I got all the ones I wanted so no more pictures from me for a while :)

Also, use those speed and HP checkers guys. They make the process so smoothly you're looking for awesome competitive legendaries. Of course, a little bit of luck also helps :p

Yay!

9dR2wrO.jpg

I thought it was 5IV until the checker broke my 30 second dream. Oh well, still awesome! Done capturing Legendaries for now since I got all the ones I wanted so no more pictures from me for a while :)

Also, use those speed and HP checkers guys. They make the process so smoothly you're looking for awesome competitive legendaries. Of course, a little bit of luck also helps :p

Yay!

Congrats! That's a great Suicune!

MicH

I've been using Suicune in Battle Spot Doubles and it is so good. Especially with Tailwind. It can take so many hits!

Jinjo

So I have this game since release but haven't really played it much, let alone keep up with the thread. Saw the Serperior code just now, are there any other pokemoncodes since release I missed?

one_kill

So I have this game since release but haven't really played it much, let alone keep up with the thread. Saw the Serperior code just now, are there any other pokemoncodes since release I missed?
I don't think so? If you live in Japan then yeah you missed out.

kyo2004

Maybe the Shiny Beldum with Metagrossite they gave on launch date...

ffdgh

9dR2wrO.jpg

Yay!

Congrats! Really loving the sudden boost in good IV catches this year :D

Is everybody ready for the Battle of Hoenn? I realized while looking at my box earlier that I don't have as many from there as I thought I would have.

CrimsonN0

Is everybody ready for the Battle of Hoenn? I realized while looking at my box earlier that I don't have as many from there as I thought I would have.
I'll just use a bred and trained version of my in-game team:
Mightyena, Whiscash, Metagross, Camerupt, Zangoose, Sceptile.

Muku

is the shiny rayquaza event is up ?

Well, yes and no. It's already started because the one day showing of the World Hobby Fair in Nagoya happened on January 18. This weekend, the 24th and 25th, it'll be in Tokyo. Then on February 1st it'll be in Fukuoka, and February 8th will be in Osaka. So yeah, one day of it has happened technically. But it's not a continuous thing.

Should I keep this?

Heatran - #485 (Timid) : 30 / 24 - 25 / 27 / 31 / 31 / 31

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dragon

Hidden Power Dragon is terrible , since Hidden Power is usually used for SE coverage which Dragon lacks. Other than that that's a really good Heatran.

Syntsui

Should I keep this?

Heatran - #485 (Timid) : 30 / 24 - 25 / 27 / 31 / 31 / 31

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dragon

There are soooo many builds to a Heatran, but the most dominant one requires HP Ice. It's up to you man, I recomend prioritizing HP Ice + 31 IVs in SAtk over anything else.

MicH

Alright, did my three battles in the Hoenn competition. Actually won 2 of them despite it being a team hastily thrown together (with a gigantic Ice weakness!) I hate how your battle box is actually locked after entering - thank god I didn't use any of the Pokemon or items I'm using in the GAF tourny

Alright, did my three battles in the Hoenn competition. Actually won 2 of them despite it being a team hastily thrown together (with a gigantic Ice weakness!) I hate how your battle box is actually locked after entering - thank god I didn't use any of the Pokemon or items I'm using in the GAF tourny

I got utterly dominated, only knocked out 2 pokemon out of the 9, I faced. But yeah the battle box thing is annoying, my entire in game team is locked until the 30th, if I understand the way entry gifts and lifting the locking is done. Its not a big deal to me since I have a bunch of Blissey bases setup, so I can easily breed and level up a new team but its still irritating.

Ultima_5

so what is this exactly? I see i get a HA poke. How do I enter & what is it exactly lol....

i havent' iv bred or ev trained in years, but i still have tons of pokes from back when I did in DPPt & i'm sure most of the builds are still viable

so what is this exactly? I see i get a HA poke. How do I enter & what is it exactly lol....

i havent' iv bred or ev trained in years, but i still have tons of pokes from back when I did in DPPt & i'm sure most of the builds are still viable

Registration is already closed for this tournament. But you need to get a Game Sync ID, register on PGL on a computer , then save the game while connected to the internet. After that when tournament registration is open, you can sign up on the PGL website, then when the tournament itself opens you can access it through the Battle Spot (you need to have your team setup in your battle box at that time and it will be locked for the tournament duration).

Guys, my friend is making his first pokemon team, and I would like to ask for some help here. He is planning on using pokemon that he likes, since he does not plan on competing on tournaments and so on, just fighting against friends. Here's what he chose so far:

Gengar, Espeon, Dragonite, Greninja, Snorlax, Charizard. The mega evolution pokemon is still not decided, nor are the movesets. Any help finding weaknesses and counters would be appreciated.

backlot

Guys, my friend is making his first pokemon team, and I would like to ask for some help here. He is planning on using pokemon that he likes, since he does not plan on competing on tournaments and so on, just fighting against friends. Here's what he chose so far:

Gengar, Espeon, Dragonite, Greninja, Snorlax, Charizard. The mega evolution pokemon is still not decided, nor are the movesets. Any help finding weaknesses and counters would be appreciated.
What rules will he be battling with? Doubles or singles? Either way, Charizard is the one he should be mega evolving. Non-mega Zard can't do much.

I derp'd earlier and lost my first match. Saw a non-speed boost blaziken and forgot that his mega gives him the ability and yeah. But I did win my other matches so 2/1 isn't bad I guess.

Top Bottom