• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

hemtae

Does anybody have an extremespeed dratini that can part with? I don't have much but I do have a ditto mirage cave today so if you want a specific natured ditto, I can probably get that for you.

Kinokou

Does anybody have an extremespeed dratini that can part with? I don't have much but I do have a ditto mirage cave today so if you want a specific natured ditto, I can probably get that for you.

Fish me up an average male Magikarp (no 31s or 0s in the IV spread) and I'll get on breeding on for you.
Jolly or adamant?

entremet

Whatever you'd like to trade for it. Since I can't speak for it's legitimacy, I'd rather just give it away to someone who wants it.

Cool PM me when ready. No rush at all.

I just need one to get Giratina in ORAS. My game only has Dialga as I'm AS.

JoeM86

Look what just showed up on my European game

B76JIVaIAAEmL_3.png:large

Code: POKEMON497 same as Japan

Welp by some awesome miracle, I hit the RNG jackpot.

652 runaways later...Shiny Eon Latios get! Timid, 31/1/31/30/31/30

So freaking happy considering the insane odds.
...Well this explains so much of what happens in Mario Kart. In fact, it explains everything. Everything.

Look what just showed up on my European game

B76JIVaIAAEmL_3.png:large

Code: POKEMON497 same as Japan

I can never see images hosted on that server here on GAF, for some reason. I need to quote and paste the image URL in my browser. It's annoying. :(

Thanks for the heads-up, though, another Contrary Serperior won't hurt. :p

Muku

Oh snap, they're doing it for other regions too?! That's awesome. Well, EU anyway. Nintendo seems to like Europe at least.

entremet

LOL! We're gonna get jack and like it. I already got my Serperior though so it doesn't do much for myself >:

I've always been jealous at all those events in Japan. They have tons!

Idk why the Pokemon Company is so stingy outside Japan. Especially with the Internet being a thing.

Muku

Idk why the Pokemon Company is so stingy outside Japan. Especially with the Internet being a thing.

The thing is, I think some of it is because folks don't even want to participate in the event. Or so goes the idea. But really? I've not seen much difference here. Folks tend to keep to themselves (at least ones I've been too), but I guess the one bonus it does have is they tend to stick around some time after. Great for StreetPasses. :3

Ultimately, even if it's because folks don't tend to stick around... what more do they want folks to do at those things? Can't say I've been to an event in States, because back in day I lived in places that didn't see that kind of love. I'd say here, depending on event, there might be some things, but they're 99% tailored to kids.
Yeah, I get weird looks from adults and kids for liking Pokemon as an adult here.
And I can't imagine GameStop would have anything at their store for any kind of event that would make me want to stay longer than getting the Pokemon. (I just hate GameStop overall, so they'd have to do something major to get me to stay.)

Since a lot of the stuff is in-person kind of stuff here, I imagine it's to say "I went there! Here's proof!" kind of deal or something. And don't get me wrong, it's great to have those memories. Like I'll always cherish my Yokohama Pikachu set. I have memories of trekking all over Yokohama for them. :) But at least Japan is smaller (and actual public transportation to get across the country without having to fly if you so choose) to allow folks who want to get to some of these events to do so. Other places are just too big. I really wish they'd spread some of that love online anyway. Maybe if we're lucky any internet stuff they have here, like the HA Unova Pokemon, might make the region transition.

StoneFox

I can't even believe this :O

Going after Uxie for the first time today, caught a Gentle one, didn't like the nature so I reset. Caught the second in a heal ball (lol) with these stats and a Calm nature.

135, 85, 150, 95, 165, 115.

Calulators say 0/31/31/31/31/31... I need to go lie down for bit >.>

Muku

Has anyone tried the other Unova starter codes?

Could you farm these too?

Should be able to. Just have to trade/bank it before restarting your game if you want to farm them.

Yep... and doesn't work the other codes (Prediction: They wanna take the same distribution phase as Japan, so Emboar code probably works next week and Samurott in 15 days)...

Mmm they may do the Emboar and Samurott each different week, but in Japan they came out the same week. Serperior week one, and Emboar/Samurott in week two.

entremet

Should be able to. Just have to trade/bank it before restarting your game if you want to farm them.

Mmm they may do the Emboar and Samurott each different week, but in Japan they came out the same week. Serperior week one, and Emboar/Samurott in week two.

Doesn't it prompt saving, though?

entremet

If you clear your save file it removes all WCs. (Up on d-pad + X + B on title screen.)

Yeah, prompts saving any time you get a WC.

oic

i don't have spare game for this to work. i'm still working on my ORAS play through. No way I'm I starting over now lol.

Muku

Ahh, yeah, then wouldn't recommend it. I farmed all the ones I'm going to farm of all three of them, so will just hold on to them for future trades I suppose. Will go pick them up on my US copies though next week. Got some weekend farming ahead.

Firestorm

The thing is, I think some of it is because folks don't even want to participate in the event. Or so goes the idea. But really? I've not seen much difference here. Folks tend to keep to themselves (at least ones I've been too), but I guess the one bonus it does have is they tend to stick around some time after. Great for StreetPasses. :3

Ultimately, even if it's because folks don't tend to stick around... what more do they want folks to do at those things? Can't say I've been to an event in States, because back in day I lived in places that didn't see that kind of love. I'd say here, depending on event, there might be some things, but they're 99% tailored to kids.
Yeah, I get weird looks from adults and kids for liking Pokemon as an adult here.
And I can't imagine GameStop would have anything at their store for any kind of event that would make me want to stay longer than getting the Pokemon. (I just hate GameStop overall, so they'd have to do something major to get me to stay.)

Since a lot of the stuff is in-person kind of stuff here, I imagine it's to say "I went there! Here's proof!" kind of deal or something. And don't get me wrong, it's great to have those memories. Like I'll always cherish my Yokohama Pikachu set. I have memories of trekking all over Yokohama for them. :) But at least Japan is smaller (and actual public transportation to get across the country without having to fly if you so choose) to allow folks who want to get to some of these events to do so. Other places are just too big. I really wish they'd spread some of that love online anyway. Maybe if we're lucky any internet stuff they have here, like the HA Unova Pokemon, might make the region transition.
The thing that gets me is how much people bitch when they do an event here. StreetPass Eon Tickets is an awesome idea but nobody wants to even leave their homes. No point to an event in that case. People just wanna stay home.

Muku

The thing that gets me is how much people bitch when they do an event here. StreetPass Eon Tickets is an awesome idea but nobody wants to even leave their homes. No point to an event in that case. People just wanna stay home.

See, I don't even get that either. Doesn't take much to carry your 3DS with you. I think idea is that it's daunting. The US is huge, so how likely would they get one? And seems most folks don't even carry it around for StreetPasses. :( I'm going to miss that about here.

Thing that works here though are the trains. In States its all by car for most part if you live in a city. (If you live in a city and take bus, you could be prepared to ride for hours to get to work. Been there, done that.) So while you train hop you can get some. Guess for cars it's your destination that has to matter. I guess StreetPasses just don't matter for folks as much for them or if it's another reason. I doubt I'll carry it much when I get back, because no one else really does.

I lie. Because I have Eon Ticket I'll probably try to bring it with me where I can.

JoeM86

It's a bit different. Different divisions decide the different events in each region. The division in Japan has no say of European events etc.

The reason the west doesn't get as many is because of what Muku said. Pokémon events are seldom big. People don't go to them and go to great lengths to try and avoid actually attending. That's why local distributions in the west are done by serial code now. In addition to that, the context of most distributions would be lost in the west. The reason we're getting these ones is because there is actually zero context to them which is quite rare.

What people continue to miss is that most Japanese events aren't widespread. They're typically in one building in the entire country for a very short time. People say "Japan is small", and compared to the US it is, but that doesn't mean it's cheap or quick to get from say Hokkaido to Kyushu to get a specific event Pokémon

Muku

You know, I kind of wonder if things might be a little better for the US on the event front if we had more than just GameStop these days. I know TRU has done some stuff in past, but I miss EB, KB Toys (not all video game, but like TRU), Service Merchandise (where I found out Virtual Boys give out headaches like candy), as well as some other stores that come to mind. I just wonder if some of those were around whether they'd be willing to or if it's just past the age of Pokemon for the US in general. Kind of feels like that hump is being reached here now because god damn if I didn't like Youkai watch before, I absolutely hate it now. It's the new hotness I guess.

I'd love to run a store and be able to hold events. But unless you're a national chain they probably wouldn't make a deal with you anyway. Heck, it might seem unfair for some, but even regional events for the US would be fun. I think the problem these days is... it's just GameStop, and I don't know if they've ever really held an event (serial code give away isn't an event). Not sure if they did if they even know how.

Muku

Coulda poke gen'd it in 3 mins.

Yeah, but what's the fun in that? When I got my shiny Zorua I was so happy. Why? Because I got him myself. My OT, my current trainer #, etc. If that was case we could all Pokegen everything. There'd be no fun in it and you wouldn't have the amount of folks posting in here that do.

I should note I never got a shiny Pokemon (sans Shiny Gyarados in SS, but that is story based) on my own in wild. Never bred one, never found one. But it was the best feeling in the world when I decided to learn how to breed IVs, nature, and all that onto Pokemon. I tested with Fennekin since he was my starter in X, and in middle of it all while learning about the process with Ditto's of an IV here and there, after not even having a foreign Ditto at the time, shiny Fennekin popped up. That feeling. My first shiny ever. It's just so much better.

Edit: I realize now what it is. It's not just the feeling... it's the memories.

I look forward to seeing the information.

I take it you didn't save after getting it eh? D:

I've been in auto pilot simply checking IV's after hatching them to see if they're 6 IV or not, and throwing them away if they weren't, for the express purpose of maximizing my chance of having at least a 5 IV Shiny Sylveon and bam I got a 5 IV but didn't even notice it being shiny until the second I clicked "release" :(

Kinokou

Done. Doesn't matter which but preferably Adamant. Thanks.

Adamant it is. I'll PM you to work out the details.

I also have a jolly one left over now 5iv spread, no special attack, with Extremespeed and Draggon dance that I'm willing to trade for almost anything.

Top Bottom