• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

kaioshade

My friends reaction when ORAS went back to the original method for Milotic: she drew this comic and sent it to me.
gex7riO.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
PokeGAF, I will be selling my copy of X soon and was wondering what itmes should I bring over to AS. I didn't battle much on the Battle Maison but I have enough for one of those fancy 48 BP items, what should I bring over? Also, what about those stones to be held by the gen IV legendaries? Are those rare?

I send out one of my Secret Base pals to get Stones, but she keeps coming back with Everstones. I was lucky to get one Dusk Stone for Lampent, but I still need another for Misdreavus, and a Dawn Stone for Togetic.

Also, my Black 2 team is now LV 100. That's 3 out of 8 (the other 2 being Sapphire and LeafGreen).

DaBoss

My friends reaction when ORAS went back to the original method for Milotic: she drew this comic and sent it to me.
lol
PokeGAF, I will be selling my copy of X soon and was wondering what itmes should I bring over to AS. I didn't battle much on the Battle Maison but I have enough for one of those fancy 48 BP items, what should I bring over? Also, what about those stones to be held by the gen IV legendaries? Are those rare?
I'd go with one of these:
Choice Specs
Choice Band
Choice Scarf
Assault Vest
Focus Sash
Life Orb
Air Balloon

You can get those orbs for the Gen IV legendaries in ORAS.

one_kill

You can get the Giratina orb in ORAS? Where?

Bulba says I have to go back into X?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQPtlaAg25I

You should bring over:
- Any Battle Maison items you have
- Master Ball(s)
- Destiny Knot
- Lucky Egg(s)
- Garchompite - If you don't want grind for Platinum rank in the Secret Base ranking
- Lucarionite - If you don't want to do contests

As for what item you should get from the Battle Maison, it depends on what's of more use to you

Muku

Can anyone help me evolve my Haunter? You can have a free 5IV perfect Pokemon in return for helping me out :)

Did you still need help?

Ahhhh. Time to Bank all my Pokemon/trade items over to X worth keeping. Didn't plan on restarting JPN X, but guess it's that time to sacrifice the save. Always so hard to do. Well, not always. I didn't have an issue last year restarting Ruby. But maybe it's because I wanted to play through.
And try to like it, which I still didn't.

Azuran

Banned
Did you still need help?

Ahhhh. Time to Bank all my Pokemon/trade items over to X worth keeping. Didn't plan on restarting JPN X, but guess it's that time to sacrifice the save. Always so hard to do. Well, not always. I didn't have an issue last year restarting Ruby. But maybe it's because I wanted to play through.
And try to like it, which I still didn't.

Yup, still looking for help :)

Muku

Yup, still looking for help :)

I can help ya. Not sure if we've traded FCs before. Gimme a sec to get out of this puzzle streetpass stuff.

Edit: Guess not. :) Got ya added now. My FC (use non JPN one) is in my profile.

Edit #2: No prob!

Azuran

Banned
I can help ya. Not sure if we've traded FCs before. Gimme a sec to get out of this puzzle streetpass stuff.

Edit: Guess not. :) Got ya added now. My FC (use non JPN one) is in my profile.

Okay, adding you now and going online. :)

Edit: Yay! Thank you so much :D

Muku

Hehe, that is exact reason to transfer over to XY and just Prism Scale it up. Never a PokeBlock fan to begin with. Actually a lot of stuff in RS that I didn't like. But this DexNav in ORAS? Let's please keep it GF. It's the one thing I do like now.

Love the comic! :)

Frost_Ace

Settled for this Latios:

27/x/31/29/31/31

the imperfect special attack makes me mad :(

at least at lv 50 the difference won't be so noticeable...

Muku

Ummmm... okay. So, I'm watching a video on X. From start. I never noticed this before, but when the girl (don't know about the guy), gets out of bed, she's holding a Pikachu XL?! One... was she sleeping with it? Two, why the hell would she take it out of bed with her if she's getting up to go look in the mirror. I am also very jealous of my own in-game character owning that.

Ummmm... okay. So, I'm watching a video on X. From start. I never noticed this before, but when the girl (don't know about the guy), gets out of bed, she's holding a Pikachu XL?! One... was she sleeping with it? Two, why the hell would she take it out of bed with her if she's getting up to go look in the mirror. I am also very jealous of my own in-game character owning that.
Dat product placement. Seems only the girl gas one though. However in ORAS there are four kids with one playing together, their parents must have a lot of expendable money

Heat Wave... more like Heat Miss, am I right?
Pokemon rule of thumb: If the move is not 100% accurate, it will miss >50% if the time

Muku

Dat product placement. Seems only the girl gas one though. However in ORAS there are four kids with one playing together, their parents must have a lot of expendable money

Oh damn, they're all using Pikachu XL's too?! LOL. Where are those kids? I wanna make note for when I get to that point.

Azuran

Banned

Pokemon rule of thumb: If the move is not 100% accurate, it will miss >50% if the time

I'm also starting to assume Scald will always lead to a burn, and Rock Slides will always flinch me. RNG why?

Oh damn, they're all using Pikachu XL's too?! LOL. Where are those kids? I wanna make note for when I get to that point.
A house in Lilycove city. Also another two kids trading pokemon through the XLs in Rustboro trainer school. Reminds me of my elementary school days /nostalgia

Muku

A house in Lilycove city. Also another two kids trading pokemon through the XLs in Rustboro trainer school. Reminds me of my elementary school days /nostalgia

Awww yes, thank you. Going to go check those out. :)

Sadly, being the only high school kid I knew into Pokemon, the nostalgia isn't quite there. It consisted of me, after having bought my own GB Pocket* and trade cable, trading Pokemon between a borrowed Pocket and my copy of Red and Blue. But you know, I still had fun. Got better once a Pokemon League formed in area. I played the TCG over the video game there though. League I have fond memories of.

* I played most of Pokemon Red on my brothers Pocket. I found that I became addicted and really had to go buy my own, LOL.

Nice. Hopefully easy ones. Nothing like Magmortar or Electivire or anything.

No, I got all those annoying ones off of GTS for the metric crapton of HA Unova Starters I bred. So I guess I owe it to you. ;)

Most of the ones I need are second-stage evolutions, for instance most of the starters except the Kanto and Hoenn ones. There's also a first-stage ones, so those are even easier. The only last-stage 'mon I haven't got are the ones I've been saving for breeding projects, like Goodra and Tyrantrum, and I evolved both of those yesterday. Still working on some Eeveelutions, too. I've got the right Eevee for each, but haven't evolved all of them yet.

There's a few 'mon I'd like to properly breed/train after I completed the national Dex, like Electivire and Kingdra, but they can wait until I have my shiny charm.

Muku

No, I got all those annoying ones off of GTS for the metric crapton of HA Unova Starters I bred. So I guess I owe it to you. ;)

Most of the ones I need are second-stage evolutions, for instance most of the starters except the Kanto and Hoenn ones. There's also a first-stage ones, so those are even easier. The only last-stage 'mon I haven't got are the ones I've been saving for breeding projects, like Goodra and Tyrantrum, and I evolved both of those yesterday. Still working on some Eeveelutions, too. I've got the right Eevee for each, but haven't evolved all of them yet.

There's a few 'mon I'd like to properly breed/train after I completed the national Dex, like Electivire and Kingdra, but they can wait until I have my shiny charm.

Haha, nice! Glad you got all of those out of the way already. I kind of saved the trade ones towards the end. Shiny Charm is awesome, but ultimately, just having a living dex is a wonderful thing to have.

I'm gonna need to do a bit more work to get a full Living Dex, unfortunately, so the National is my current goal. After that I'll focus on filling in the gaps. It's those second-stage evolutions that are my bane of existence.

Muku

I'm gonna need to do a bit more work to get a full Living Dex, unfortunately, so the National is my current goal. After that I'll focus on filling in the gaps. It's those second-stage evolutions that are my bane of existence.

If you need help with any, let us know. Sure some of us might have some of it lying in some box somewhere.

I missed SIX Draco Meteors in my three Hoenn competition battles yesterday. That was insane. I hate inaccurate moves

I was on the other end of having meteor mash miss my Milotic from Mega Metagross which i'm sure made the other guy mad to no end. Then again, that match was full of critical hits.

Aww, dunno if I'm just tired or unlucky today.

In my latest match, I switched twice to wear down a Gyarados with Intimidates. Then bugger freezes solid Gardevoir so she can't use Thunderbolt >___<

7 more battles to go...

EDIT

Finished 12-8. A bit lower than I'd like, but it's probably reflective of my combat skills.

Last battle, I had Salamance wreck everything with Zinnia's music playing. Opponent's Blaziken trying to Protect twice to outspeed me; no can do, bro. Eat your DD powered Earthquake and fall over...

I mean, if I had to choose between the two, I would say the Female, but I'm definitely not that picky. Males can pass the HA now, right?

Is there anything you need at the moment?

Males can pass the HA but the chance is less than a female passing it down. Chances are best if both parents have the HA you want.

Muku

Man this Rayquaza wifi is getting hit hard. Not sure how many I can farm today. ;_; literally taking a few mins just to register on each game. And of course crowded and feeling like I am in the way.

Edit: Damn. Going on 5 mins to get this one...

ffdgh

After giving up on Chespin (lost count after 2k/3k eggs), got this in less than 40 eggs:

But, as always, RNG screwed me. 31 IVs in HP, Def, SpDef, Spe. Outstanding potential though, so at least that.

Congratz. I'm on my 3rd shiny buneary hunt...First 2 were male with ]the exact same IV spread conveniently missing 31 speed. -_-

KtSlime

Man this Rayquaza wifi is getting hit hard. Not sure how many I can farm today. ;_; literally taking a few mins just to register on each game. And of course crowded and feeling like I am in the way.

Edit: Damn. Going on 5 mins to get this one...

I just got here. How close do I have to be? I'm in line yet and will probably be for another hour.

I mean, if I had to choose between the two, I would say the Female, but I'm definitely not that picky. Males can pass the HA now, right?

Is there anything you need at the moment?

Dreamball Females are fine for Murkrow since female rate is high, its female HA fossils/etc that drive me insane (hahaha 32 Snorlax's haha*sob*).

I've got a complete HA Dex and everything I need to put together a living breedable dex. I wouldn't mind legendary tradebacks to fill up my non-living dex (I'd need everything but the Ho-Oh, Lugia, Cresselia, the SpaceTime Trio, The Genie Trio, Latios & Rayquaza) so I can get the charms, a destiny knot or a battle maison only berry if you have spares or dreamball (HA where it was available) females that I don't have (I have: https://www.dropbox.com/s/39vl8zxtvm9lqvm/Dreamball Female List.txt?dl=0 ). Otherwise a trashmon is fine.

I probably won't get a chance to breed it today, I need to finish up a paper but I should have it tomorrow.

Dreamball Females are fine for Murkrow since female rate is high, its female HA fossils/etc that drive me insane (hahaha 32 Snorlax's haha*sob*).

I've got a complete HA Dex and everything I need to put together a living breedable dex. I wouldn't mind legendary tradebacks to fill up my non-living dex (I'd need everything but the Ho-Oh, Lugia, Cresselia, the SpaceTime Trio, The Genie Trio, Latios & Rayquaza) so I can get the charms, a destiny knot or a battle maison only berry if you have spares or dreamball (HA where it was available) females that I don't have (I have: https://www.dropbox.com/s/39vl8zxtvm9lqvm/Dreamball Female List.txt?dl=0 ). Otherwise a trashmon is fine.

I probably won't get a chance to breed it today, I need to finish up a paper but I should have it tomorrow.

I can definitely hook you up with a Legendary tradeback. Suicune work? And don't worry about the time. It's just something that I kind of want to work on, but I'm in no huge hurry for it.

Edit: You know what is super annoying? Being almost done with your EV training and running into a random trainer that you never cleared. UGGGHHHH

Muku

I just got here. How close do I have to be? I'm in line yet and will probably be for another hour.

Over by Pokemon area. It's thinned out a little so bit quicker to get. Hard to miss with all these people around Pokemon booth. Lol

Edit: if you Coe from game side it's basically where you enter

KtSlime

Over by Pokemon area. It's thinned out a little so bit quicker to get. Hard to miss with all these people around Pokemon booth. Lol

Edit: if you Coe from game side it's basically where you enter
Thanks. I think I'm getting closer. I remembered to bring Y and OR, so I should be able to get two.

Top Bottom