• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

DooD1234

Hey guys I just got this game (thank you walmart price error) and I hear Hoopa cannot be earned in game or something according to my email from pokemon company. It doesn't say how I get it. Do I just download in a mystery gift or download it at gamestop or something?

Muku

Hey guys I just got this game (thank you walmart price error) and I hear Hoopa cannot be earned in game or something according to my email from pokemon company. It doesn't say how I get it. Do I just download in a mystery gift or download it at gamestop or something?

Hoops isn't out yet.

Muku

Oh okay, no need to rush than thanks. Too bad I think I miss my shiny beldam. I can get it mega stone in the game though right?

Shiny Beldum is done yeah. But yes, you can get Mega stone in-game. :)

Edit: Shibuya hooooooo! So as this rapid comes.

After giving up on Chespin (lost count after 2k/3k eggs), got this in less than 40 eggs:

But, as always, RNG screwed me. 31 IVs in HP, Def, SpDef, Spe. Outstanding potential though, so at least that.

That's a nice Bagon though. Have you checked the other 2 stats yet? Oh and this battle happened: L66W-WWWW-WWX4-TRS9
I know I made a few mistakes in it but yeah, totally forgot about sucker punch.

Mixed one, but eh, at least I will use her on the Maison as training.

True true, you can never go wrong with a flying green death dragon right?

quick edit: since I started using a happy hour + payday + amulet coin smeargle i've finally been able to get money in this game.

Muku

Good news for anyone who makes it to Shibuya and wants the Pukachu without waiting hours to eat there... No region lock and you can get it just outside restauant

Edit: I will say I was jealous of those few Pikachu 3DS's I saw in the wild. Didn't see another Charizard one though. :eek:

JoeM86

Agreed. Some bored soul is always try to find a way though to break things. :/

Personally, I don't care if people use PokéGen, this, Power Saves, RNG Abuse etc. as long as they're not competing in official competitions or competing with players who don't know that they did that, also not trading them.

Anyone who uses them competitively, even if they're "legal", is cheating and it's unfair. It creates an environment where others feel they have to do it to "keep up". I have seen this happen and it's not right.

You can bet that if they could properly track these methods, they'd ban them. I've seen VGC people who admit to Power Saving get really chastised and watched by judges.

Muku

Man, I swear, a Pokemon knows exactly what nature(s) you're trying to SR for then purposely avoids them at all costs. Lax, Lax, Gentle, Lonely, Lonely, Serious, Timid, Timid, Bold, Calm, Bold.... screw you Rayquaza. I'll see you tomorrow morning instead. :/

Edit: Hmm, looking at the event page on Serebii, and I see some Pokemon are sharing IDs. Got my 3DS charging, so not close to it to check, but do they really?

Say for Samurott...

ダイケンキ

OT: プレゼント
ID: 01165

Okay, so it and Emboar (and Serperior) share the OT so I can understand that they share it...

エンブオー

ID: 01165

But when you look at Serperior...

ジャローダ

ID: 01095

Why would it's ID be different? I didn't even notice those until I saw ORAS Cafe Pikachu shares Serperiors ID but obviously not OT.

ピカチュウ

OT: P-Cafe
ID: 01095

True true, you can never go wrong with a flying green death dragon right?

quick edit: since I started using a happy hour + payday + amulet coin smeargle i've finally been able to get money in this game.

Exactly. And your edit reminded me that I need to breed better Smeargles, one for capturing, one for money and one for trolling in the Battle Spot.

On another topic, I'm back on breeding Torchics, this time with egg moves. Can't wait until I get a shiny one with Blaze, sigh.

JoeM86

Man, I swear, a Pokemon knows exactly what nature(s) you're trying to SR for then purposely avoids them at all costs. Lax, Lax, Gentle, Lonely, Lonely, Serious, Timid, Timid, Bold, Calm, Bold.... screw you Rayquaza. I'll see you tomorrow morning instead. :/

Edit: Hmm, looking at the event page on Serebii, and I see some Pokemon are sharing IDs. Got my 3DS charging, so not close to it to check, but do they really?

Say for Samurott...

Okay, so it and Emboar (and Serperior) share the OT so I can understand that they share it...

But when you look at Serperior...

Why would it's ID be different? I didn't even notice those until I saw ORAS Cafe Pikachu shares Serperiors ID but obviously not OT.

The ID numbers are actually typically based upon the initial release day of the event

MMDDY :)

Serperior and the Café Pikachu both begun on January 9th while Emboar and Samurott both began on January 16th :)

Tell me about it. Where are you Jolly Charizard? I would've kept one of the five Adamants I got, but the other person requested Jolly D:

As for the ID numbers, dunno if you're aware, but the numbers are actually the date the event was released.

01095 is the 09th day of the 01st month of the 5th year. So 9th January 2015.

While 01165 is 16th January 2015.

On some rare occasions, the numbers don't match up, like the German Gamestop Charizard (08134 - 13th August 2014, but the event was released in September or something).

Muku

The ID numbers are actually typically based upon the initial release day of the event

MMDDY :)

Serperior and the Café Pikachu both begun on January 9th while Emboar and Samurott both began on January 16th :)

Ahhh are they? I never realized that. I guess that makes sense overall though. At same time seems a little strange to have same ID but OT being different.

Oh lord. Here we go. They better find a way to block this.
Given all the security problems Spider (3DS Web Browser) is causing I wouldn't be surprised if a "stability" update for firmware 9.5 just removes the browser completely. I wonder if Skater (New 3DS Web Browser) is playing any part on lack of New 3DS exploits or if that is another matter.

I hope this doesn't lead to another wave of everyone's favorite GTS Jirachi; FUCKYOU :(

My friends reaction when ORAS went back to the original method for Milotic: she drew this comic and sent it to me.
I couldn't help but think of the same thing with Sylveon (stuffing Pokepuff down the throat of Eevee), especially as many players think you need 5 hearts affection there.

backlot

Personally, I don't care if people use PokéGen, this, Power Saves, RNG Abuse etc. as long as they're not competing in official competitions or competing with players who don't know that they did that, also not trading them.

Anyone who uses them competitively, even if they're "legal", is cheating and it's unfair. It creates an environment where others feel they have to do it to "keep up". I have seen this happen and it's not right.

You can bet that if they could properly track these methods, they'd ban them. I've seen VGC people who admit to Power Saving get really chastised and watched by judges.
Most people use non-hacked Pokemon with perfect IVs and a lot of others already feel they need to cheat to keep up. I don't think its the existence of cheaters that's creating more cheaters. Some people will always just take the easier path.

Given all the security problems Spider (3DS Web Browser) is causing I wouldn't be surprised if a "stability" update for firmware 9.5 just removes the browser completely. I wonder if Skater (New 3DS Web Browser) is playing any part on lack of New 3DS exploits or if that is another matter.

Its probably at least partially another matter, there is apparently a N3DS exploit around (don't know if its browser based) but no one has released it publicly, or publicly released anything using it, so there's just no way to jump start code to do this on a N3DS at the moment.

JoeM86

Most people use non-hacked Pokemon with perfect IVs and a lot of others already feel they need to cheat to keep up. I don't think its the existence of cheaters that's creating more cheaters. Some people will always just take the easier path.

The existence of cheating is what made an environment where perfect Pokémon were obtainable and used. Since then, they've made methods to get Pokémon with 1 to 3 max IVs easier in order to try to curtail it, but that doesn't stop people.

The existence of cheating is what made an environment where perfect Pokémon were obtainable and used. Since then, they've made methods to get Pokémon with 1 to 3 max IVs easier in order to try to curtail it, but that doesn't stop people.

They've made it pretty easy to get 5 max IVs now really thanks to it being fairly easy to get 4 max IV Dittos , Destiny Knot and Chain Breeding. Unfortunately that's just increased the incentive to cheat on legendaries if anything.

I think their greatest mistake with IVs was two things: 1) there's a clearly dominant stat (Speed) and 2) There's a clearly dominant set of IVs. They should have made IVs a trade off set (e.g having Defence be 31-Attack) and made speed less binary (something like for every 1 (or 0.5 or whatever) stat point you beat your opponent in speed your chance of going first increases 1% from 50%).

Exactly. And your edit reminded me that I need to breed better Smeargles, one for capturing, one for money and one for trolling in the Battle Spot.

On another topic, I'm back on breeding Torchics, this time with egg moves. Can't wait until I get a shiny one with Blaze, sigh.

Mine does double duty, though it is lazy on my part. It knows Happy Hour, Payday, Dark Void and Transform.

JoeM86

They've made it pretty easy to get 5 max IVs now really thanks to it being fairly easy to get 4 max IV Dittos , Destiny Knot and Chain Breeding. Unfortunately that's just increased the incentive to cheat on legendaries if anything.

I think their greatest mistake with IVs was two things: 1) there's a clearly dominant stat (Speed) and 2) There's a clearly dominant set of IVs. They should have made IVs a trade off set (e.g having Defence be 31-Attack) and made speed less binary (something like for every 1 (or 0.5 or whatever) stat point you beat your opponent in speed your chance of going first increases 1% from 50%).

Not saying the IV system is perfect. I agree there should be some sort of trade-off or upper limit

Amiibro

Hello everyone! Just started playing this and it's been ages since I've played a Pokemon game. Just wondered if anyone can recommend Pokemon I should catch early on to put with my Mudkip as I go through the game.

Looking for a balanced team that would help with gyms.

Thanks!

Hello everyone! Just started playing this and it's been ages since I've played a Pokemon game. Just wondered if anyone can recommend Pokemon I should catch early on to put with my Mudkip as I go through the game.

Thanks!

Welcome! Well, you can get Roserade (you will actually find Roselia in the wild, IIRC on route 117) as a companion to your future Swampert, it will help a bit covering his weakness. Either that or a fire type / flying one, but fire types are not that common early on, I think.

working on a living dex. At like 580 or so. How hard would it be to get the event legendarjes?

Legitimately or just any?

If it's the former, it's possible, but extremely difficult given how sparse the distributions were and your chances of finding somebody with a legit spare and who wants something you've got.

But if it's the latter, it shouldn't be too hard. You can find a lot of clones (or hacks) from just the GTS. With the new Gen 6 Pokegen tool, you could even gen your own (not that I suggest it, but it's an option).

Anyway... 15 wins/12 losses in the Battle of Hoenn so far. I may finish the last 3 battles if I'm bored, but I think I just had the best battle ever so I'm OK with ending early

At last I found an opponent who used Milotic as well and we both ended up stalling with Milotic XD

Sadly I got a bit impatient, despite having the upper hand. The opponent didn't have Leftovers or Rest and was burned, but I was tired of getting hit with Hypnosis, so I switched to Gardevoir and Tricked it a Choice Scarf.

Except I timed the move too late; instead of the opponent getting locked into Recover, they went with Surf. Worse still, I switched in Salamence thinking "lol Surf", except my Intimidate triggered Competitive (OH, so that's why it didn't have Leftovers) and Surf took off nearly 1/2 of Salamance's HP.

Uh oh... plus that Choice Scarf...

But I won that match in the end.

one_kill

working on a living dex. At like 580 or so. How hard would it be to get the event legendarjes?
Pretty hard if you're missing a lot

The best way to get them is to ask people to clone you them or give you spares, or wait for giveaways

A good idea is to occasionally list the ones you're looking for in this thread

Thanks!
Ralts
Shroomish
Boomburst Taillow
Fire Fang Poochyena

Ultima_5

Legitimately or just any?

If it's the former, it's possible, but extremely difficult given how sparse the distributions were and your chances of finding somebody with a legit spare and who wants something you've got.

But if it's the latter, it shouldn't be too hard. You can find a lot of clones (or hacks) from just the GTS. With the new Gen 6 Pokegen tool, you could even gen your own (not that I suggest it, but it's an option).

Pretty hard if you're missing a lot

The best way to get them is to ask people to clone you them or give you spares, or wait for giveaways

I'd prefer clones of legitimate ones. I don't have anything to exciting to offer other than a bunch of good iv stuff i made back when i was into competitive batting. I'll probably wait till I get closer to completing the dex and then start begging gaffers if they'd be willing to give me any of the pokes =/

Tell me about it. Where are you Jolly Charizard? I would've kept one of the five Adamants I got, but the other person requested Jolly D:

As for the ID numbers, dunno if you're aware, but the numbers are actually the date the event was released.

01095 is the 09th day of the 01st month of the 5th year. So 9th January 2015.

While 01165 is 16th January 2015.

On some rare occasions, the numbers don't match up, like the German Gamestop Charizard (08134 - 13th August 2014, but the event was released in September or something).

Awesome so I can have my birthdate as the ID if I manage to get the one from the last distribution day.

Awesome so I can have my birthdate as the ID if I manage to get the one from the last distribution day.

also serbii as like the worse info for events.

Huh? Did you mean the first distribution day? Or am I misunderstanding you? : P

The ID never changes, unless it's a new event. Like the NA Poke Ball Vivillon versus the PAL one.

On a related note, I think Sejun's Pachirisu was the closest to my birthday. 11154 versus 11134.

Hmm, what's wrong with the info? Seems fine to me, except I think the archive doesn't really explain what each event is for. The more obscure ones anyway.

Huh? Did you mean the first distribution day? Or am I misunderstanding you? : P

The ID never changes, unless it's a new event. Like the NA Poke Ball Vivillon versus the PAL one.

On a related note, I think Sejun's Pachirisu was the closest to my birthday. 11154 versus 11134.

Hmm, what's wrong with the info? Seems fine to me, except I think the archive doesn't really explain what each event is for. The more obscure ones anyway.

I think I misunderstood, didn't you say the Rayquaza ID is different on each distribution as in far of the ID matching the date of release.

JoeM86

also serbii as like the worse info for events

Do tell. If this was 5 years ago, I'd give you that, but now? Hell no. Please let me know what's wrong with my information, and how it's the worst, so I can potentially improve.

Do you have examples? If there's inaccurate information on the site, I'd like to fix it, and I can't without knowing what's wrong.

yeah I'll PM some.

EDIT:Well maybe sometimes they get the ID's for some events a bit wrong.

great site overall, hyperballing a bit.

Sorry if I was unclear, but by "release" I meant the "first day of the event" or the "first distribution date".

World Hobby Fair Rayquaza was first distributed on 18th January 2015 and this fact is reflected by its ID number of 01185. Every WHF Rayquaza will have the same ID number, unless they re-distribute it.

Your only hope of having a (legit) event Pokemon with the ID number of your birthday is to have a new event released on your birthday ^^

yeah misunderstood thanks for clarifying knight.

I think I misunderstood, didn't you say the Rayquaza ID is different on each distribution as in far of the ID matching the date of release.

Sorry if I was unclear, but by "release" I meant the "first day of the event" or the "first distribution date".

World Hobby Fair Rayquaza was first distributed on 18th January 2015 and this fact is reflected by its ID number of 01185. Every WHF Rayquaza will have the same ID number, unless they re-distribute it.

Your only hope of having a (legit) event Pokemon with the ID number of your birthday is to have a new event released on your birthday ^^

Azuran

Banned
Went to play some Pokemon in a league here in Toronto, and this set of matches I had with this girl were awesome as hell. The last one in particular had a bit of a crazy ending with luck finally on my side for once :p

T2WG-WWWW-WWX5-8G6G
RCQG-WWWW-WWX5-8GH8
4Y3G-WWWW-WWX5-8GP9

It was fun.

710/719.

Ony ones left are a few breeding projects and one random I still need to level up.

Time for me to get that Razor Claw so I can get Weavile. 48 points. :( Let's hope the Pokébank has some for me.

I got a Shiny Stone from my Secret Base pal, and finally got Togekiss. 703/699. Spent most of the day collecting Mega Evolution items, so now I have a Shiny Red Mega Gyarados that I got from SS.

Just had two freeze hax on my side in a row in the battle comp. and managed to win despite that.

J4WG-WWWW-WWX5-9AGQ
6JLG-WWWW-WWX5-9AUY

Edit: The very next dude had a Glalie with Moody ohlawd

BigFwoosh

So this isn't strictly ORAS related, but I'll be getting a New 3DS XL next month and I want to pick up a Pokemon game for it. Should I go with ORAS or XY? I haven't played since Diamond, and prior to that I had only ever played Blue and Yellow (apparently I'm an old far now). Dunno how much any of that matters though.

I know nothing really about the last couple iterations of Pokemon games. Would I be fine either way? Does one have a better story over the other? Is ORAS a big improvement over XY?

Top Bottom